tell me if I'm overreacting - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

tell me if I'm overreacting

so I take my bike to the Aggie game this weekend, since parking is otherwise a nightmare. I follow traffic to the stadium and at one point a security guard (not cop, not traffic control, but rent-a-po-po) tells me "you can't go past me; the road is blocked down there."

I look. See no road block between me and the MC lot I was heading for. A conversation ensues, he stands his ground and tells me I have to turn around. Meanwhile the lane of traffic I came in on is full, and the other lane (into which I'd have to turn around) is FULL of cadets about to march into the stadium. He was asking me to turn the bike around is a space no bigger than two of my bikes. I ask him "how in the hell do you expect me to turn around?"

And he says, "c'mon darlin, I know you can do it!" (which pissed me off because he was totally mocking me)

So I back up and move forward and back up and move forward etc etc. But it's REALLY hard since I am tiptoeing and the ground's not flat. Out of NOWHERE (i.e., no peripheral vision on helmet) some other security guard places his hands on my headlights and thrusts me & my bike backward. Of course I didn't expect this and totally lost my balace; really lucky I did not fall. But as he hurled me I said "get your goddamn hands off my bike!" And he said "i'm a rider I'm helping you," to which I said "I don't give a shit what you do get your fucking hands off my bike."

Which I guess got passed around because when I finally got out of there and got to the light, an MC cop pulled me over and gave me nothing but a lecture about my attitude. I further explained to him the danger of the guy NOT asking me first, and I told him that if he wanted to ticket me for something imaginary to go ahead but that he had no right to waste MY tax dollars pulling me over for a lecture about kindness.

Grrrr. Really, I am 100% behind civil servants who actually have a hard job, but these un-busy people who do nothing all day but get their rocks off by being mean to people....they just piss me off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:22 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

you're overreacting. And fix your bike, so that you can have your feet flat on the ground.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:23 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
i would have yelled at his ass too..

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:25 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

why didnt you just ease off the clutch to counteract the schmo pushing you backwards?? maybe easier said than done if your on your toes to start with

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:27 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in

that is -i would be ticked off too. i don't think you overeacted.

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Slowass

Ali, I think your reaction was due you the anxiety caused by the scenario and being startled by someone grabbing and pushing your bike like that -- I know I woulda been. And the scenario made me feel nervous just reading it (I too am a shorty, parking lot full of cars, parking lot probably shitty surface and uneven, very little space to turn around in, cars behind you, oh and being short REALLY sucks on a bike).

You shoulda probably understood that he was maybe trying to help you, but after dude mocked you, you probably interpreted others' helping behavior as similarly patronizing/mocking as well.

Maybe you did overract, but I think you were stressed out. I woulda been!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
You could have "lost you balance and got startled" enough to dump the clutch... moving about a foot forward and stalling. I would have been pissed also. It was justified

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:50 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Yelling at the guy cause he is not letting you thru ,which is his job and and being an ass yourself from the start is what makes me think the guy didn't really push ya that hard, but rather put his hands on and you blew up at him the same way u did at the guy that wouldn't let you thru. Have trouble seeing someone giving you a decent push and u keepin it up, specially if you're on your toes.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
Why didn't you get off the bike to turn it around?

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 02:00 PM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Can't you spin an F4I on it's stand? As for the fucker that 'helped' you push the bike, i would be pissed too, chances are i'd end up dropping it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Rev

What an asshole
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 02:07 PM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
I have to agree that the rent-a-cop was just doing his job. He shouldn't have been patronizing to you and should have blocked traffic so you could turn around easier, but he was just doing his job not letting you through.

As for the guy trying to help by pushing your bike you over-reacted. I can't flatfoot either of my bikes and I need help often when pushing them backwards.... case in point when I'm at Strats. Anyway, he was just trying to be nice and help out a fellow rider and you blew up at him. Poor guy.

Now the MC cop, well he only got one side of the story. It seems to me if you kept a cooler head then things wouldn't have gotten far enough where a cop would be lecturing you.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 03:46 PM

Sportbike: Squat
Years Riding: More then one hands worth.
How you found us: Your Mother

Send a message via AIM to MM Racing
You were in College Station the combined IQ of the entire town is not very high. If the road was not physically blocked, i.e. baricade, fuck the rent a cop and go by him. I hate the man.

Ian
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 03:49 PM

eh, i'm staying away from this one.. its a toss up i think..
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:07 PM
Grasshopper

Re: tell me if I'm overreacting

Quote:
Originally posted by ill_ag
so I take my bike to the Aggie game this weekend, since parking is otherwise a nightmare. I follow traffic to the stadium and at one point a security guard (not cop, not traffic control, but rent-a-po-po) tells me "you can't go past me; the road is blocked down there."

I look. See no road block between me and the MC lot I was heading for. A conversation ensues, he stands his ground and tells me I have to turn around. Meanwhile the lane of traffic I came in on is full, and the other lane (into which I'd have to turn around) is FULL of cadets about to march into the stadium. He was asking me to turn the bike around is a space no bigger than two of my bikes. I ask him "how in the hell do you expect me to turn around?"

And he says, "c'mon darlin, I know you can do it!" (which pissed me off because he was totally mocking me)

So I back up and move forward and back up and move forward etc etc. But it's REALLY hard since I am tiptoeing and the ground's not flat. Out of NOWHERE (i.e., no peripheral vision on helmet) some other security guard places his hands on my headlights and thrusts me & my bike backward. Of course I didn't expect this and totally lost my balace; really lucky I did not fall. But as he hurled me I said "get your goddamn hands off my bike!" And he said "i'm a rider I'm helping you," to which I said "I don't give a shit what you do get your fucking hands off my bike."

Which I guess got passed around because when I finally got out of there and got to the light, an MC cop pulled me over and gave me nothing but a lecture about my attitude. I further explained to him the danger of the guy NOT asking me first, and I told him that if he wanted to ticket me for something imaginary to go ahead but that he had no right to waste MY tax dollars pulling me over for a lecture about kindness.

Grrrr. Really, I am 100% behind civil servants who actually have a hard job, but these un-busy people who do nothing all day but get their rocks off by being mean to people....they just piss me off.

If there was no road block to the motorcycle parking I would have told the dude to fuck off and went past him faster than he could have said "Stop"

About the guy pushing your bike, Fuck him to! Mother fucker shouldn't be touching a bike thats not his.

Next time you get into a situation like that where you have to turn your bike around dismount the damn thing and coral it with your short little legs.

If I'm on uneven ground I dismount my bike. You're in more control turning it around that way and its faster to do so.

You ever watch motocross? 90% of those guys can't even touch the ground flat with one foot, but once they get mounted and are rolling they can ride like a mama jama.

Dismount next time and save yourself the pain and agony, if you dont tell the guy to go screw himself and go park in the motorcycle parking like you should of in the first place
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:07 PM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:14 PM
-= OuterSpace =-

Sportbike: Yamaha YZ450
Years Riding: too many to keep track
How you found us: Shizzle

ROFL

04 Yamaha YZ450F - Off-Road it, mang
06 Kawasaki BruteForce 750i
09 Yamaha Raptor 700r

- Mike - OldSkool - MC -
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:15 PM
" It Time To Ride "

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online

Send a message via MSN to Justmax
Quote:
Originally posted by bwa
Yelling at the guy cause he is not letting you thru ,which is his job and and being an ass yourself from the start is what makes me think the guy didn't really push ya that hard, but rather put his hands on and you blew up at him the same way u did at the guy that wouldn't let you thru. Have trouble seeing someone giving you a decent push and u keepin it up, specially if you're on your toes.
I have say he could let you go and turn around. Far as helping. "He should ask if you need help backing your bike up".Know one should touch your bike with out your permision first or let know there intention. That Rent cop could push her over. The push took her of guard and scare shit out her. We need learn how to be nice to people and not so much to jump down people throats. Keep off the Mountain Dew people

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:17 PM
" It Time To Ride "

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online

Send a message via MSN to Justmax
Quote:
Originally posted by bwa
you're overreacting. And fix your bike, so that you can have your feet flat on the ground.
Lower so she can crash on curves!!!!!

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:20 PM

Rent-a-cops are the worst. I would be pissed someone pushing my bike when I did not ask for help. You have more of a vocabulary than I do when I am pissed off!
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
The guy was wrong in pushing your bike but I don't think you should've jumped down his throat about it. Everybody makes mistakes and he was just trying to help. The cop was just an idiot, suprise suprise.

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:26 PM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

The "rent a cop/security guard" was being a dick. But, either way, you have to listen to him. People try to mind trick those guys all day long looking for good parking spots. Even if the area was clear when you got there, doesn't mean that they didn't need it clear for a reason. That sucks about getting boxed in like that. If you can barely touch your feet and have trouble turning the bike around, you may want to avoid tight areas during crowed/packed/mobbed college football games. The security guard could have let you go down, turn around, and come back out. But, that could have caused other people to starting yelling or trying to park down there.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 09-20-2004 at 04:30 PM.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

He was a dick. The 2nd one probably rides a Hardly. I'd have been royally POed if someone started to push my bike.

Now, learn to do a standing burnout and just let the rear end slowly swing around till you are pointing the other way and leave him in a cloud of smoke.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Re: Re: tell me if I'm overreacting

Quote:
Originally posted by Grasshopper
... they can ride like a mama jama.
mama jama is a saying that really needs to see more use.

Chris
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 04:41 PM
Grammaton Cleric

Sportbike: 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
Years Riding: Since 07-01-2001
How you found us: Google, I believe

Send a message via AIM to MrBusa Send a message via Yahoo to MrBusa
I would have been co-operative up and to the point that someone put their hands on my bike. No one touches my motorcycle without asking me. I don't go around touching or pushing around other people's property. So, yes, I would have lost it and told the guy to get his f***en hands off my bike.

Ask yourself this? If a rider had lost his or her balance due to a "helper" and the rider and bike had fallen over, do you really think that the stadium and the security firm would have assumed liability and covered the costs? If you do think that, then I have some dilapidated property on the west side that I'd like to sell you.

-- Matthew --

"I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the Universe" - Jango Fett
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 05:05 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowass
Ali, I think your reaction was due you the anxiety caused by the scenario and being startled by someone grabbing and pushing your bike like that -- I know I woulda been. And the scenario made me feel nervous just reading it (I too am a shorty, parking lot full of cars, parking lot probably shitty surface and uneven, very little space to turn around in, cars behind you, oh and being short REALLY sucks on a bike).

You shoulda probably understood that he was maybe trying to help you, but after dude mocked you, you probably interpreted others' helping behavior as similarly patronizing/mocking as well.

Maybe you did overract, but I think you were stressed out. I woulda been!
Damn....excellent analysis of the situation.

I probably would have yelled at the guy tool; then apoligized after the sitation was defused...

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 06:01 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

The whole situation is screwed up in general...I'd never ride my bike to a college event. I came out of Huskie stadium one day to see a newer SV on it's side in a puddle of oil and coolant. I don't know how security is for the Aggies...but it sure is a joke for NIU.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Yamahaulin !!

Sportbike: 2003 R6 Liquid Silver
Years Riding: 4 yrs
How you found us: on line

He put his hands on your headlights lights...

Ok sorry.. lost my train of thought... He was a dickhead.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary . . . that’s what gets you” Jeremy Clarkson
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

Quote:
Originally posted by mthal
You have more of a vocabulary than I do when I am pissed off!
too much Dawson's Creek in my younger years, I think.

Anyway, I was backing up JUST FINE, but I was slow. Yes, it was difficult, but i was getting it done. And I have no qualms about getting off and pushing it, believe me-- I have to do it alot.

what irked me more than any of this is that there was NO roadblock. I could see cars down at the other end. And, by the time I walked back through that intersection (about 5 mins later) that road was not being blocked.

Our security is actually pretty good. The parking guys are usually a nightmare and they were the good ones that day. Really, the rent-a-cops were just turds. One day of power and they blow it all out of proportion.

I'm just not a nice, sweet girl I guess. Oh well.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:09 PM

ehh late to the thread, i'd a been pissed also, friggin guys, "I"LL help this woman out" , i'd a somehow barked at his ass and for style points pivoted the bike around on its kickstand, stylish and handy, if ya balance it right it's quite light

Aggies? lol, i've heard some mad aggie jokes from a friend at Rice U, most refer to their amazing brain brawn, esp in the dept of ag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode