Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Needed: At&t Cell phone!

696 views 46 replies 12 participants last post by  Vcook 
#1 ·
Mine is all fuckered up. anyone have an old at&t cell phone(tdma not gsm service) they'd be interested in parting with? Preferablly motorola v60 series since i have the upload cables for that.

i know this goes in the wanted forum but its not really bike related and it will get more views here, will move later.

chris

#3 ·
Chris. if you switch to GSM I have a phone for you. If you want to check to see if it works on other bands the model is a Siemens S56. I'm getting a new phone today. Let me know.

#4 ·
I just checked and my cell phone is a v60. I didn't know it was "old." Dammit, now I have to get a new phone so I'm cool.

Chris, I have an AT&T phone that's a little older than the v60. I have no idea exactly what kind, but I know it was a popular phone a few years ago. You're welcome to it if you want it.

#5 ·
Chills said:
I just checked and my cell phone is a v60. I didn't know it was "old." Dammit, now I have to get a new phone so I'm cool.

Chris, I have an AT&T phone that's a little older than the v60. I have no idea exactly what kind, but I know it was a popular phone a few years ago. You're welcome to it if you want it.

your phone is old, go get a new one!!!

so that i might scam your v60 hahahahaha!

#6 ·
lol, I want to get a new one, but the v600 is $300 unless you get a new plan.. and my plan isn't up until March. I'm so sick of Cingular right now.

#12 ·
I've got a bag full of Nokia phones, chargers, batteries... all had ATT service. Got an old Audiovox too, for that matter. They all work fine. You can have 'em if you want.

#14 ·
Sorry, man. Once you sign a contract these companies have you by the nads. At least you didn't pay too much. Try to keep this phone outta the shitter.

#15 ·
Chills said:
Sorry, man. Once you sign a contract these companies have you by the nads. At least you didn't pay too much. Try to keep this phone outta the shitter.
ha! no kidding. i really do like the v60 though, glad to see I can always pick one up for cheap on ebay. I might get the FM attachment for it from ebay too, havent decided yet.

#18 ·
Vcook said:
A. my at&t service has been awesome, i get service everywhere.
B. My work picks up the tab since we have a corporate At&t account
C. this thread isnt about what service to use, thats a whole other argument.
A. TDMA is better than the GSM..
B. That kicks ass, i would have At&T too
C. Sorry i'm an idiot and a post whore and don't know what is going on.

Ebay man.. you can get refurbished ones for cheap.

#19 ·
Vcook said:
alright, since chills wouldnt cough his up to me I ordered one off ebay. $55 with shipping, not bad. The accessories for these old V60's are dirt cheap on ebay. That's pretty cool.
Make sure the phone was previously used in AT&T before, otherwise it's a bitch to unlock/decode. And make sure it hasn't been reported stolen.

#20 ·
Vcook said:
alright, maybe i'll just pick one up off ebay. looks like i can score one for roughly 50 bucks plus shipping. not tooooo bad. too bad i dropped mine in the toilet! bhahahahaha!
U should've taken out the battery asap.. take the proper torx driver and open up the phone and let it dry... i think you could've salvaged it still... oh well, at least u got one ordered already. :cheers

#23 ·
flipSTREAM said:
U should've taken out the battery asap.. take the proper torx driver and open up the phone and let it dry... i think you could've salvaged it still... oh well, at least u got one ordered already. :cheers
jesus people, i'm not a total noob! I shut it off, took the cover off, took the battery out, and left it to dry. I planned to leave it there for a day or 2. A couple hours later my girlfriend puts it back together, turns it on, and says to me "works fine for me". It took all my restraint not to go ballistic. Damage was done.

#25 ·
Vcook said:
A couple hours later my girlfriend puts it back together, turns it on, and says to me "works fine for me". It took all my restraint not to go ballistic. Damage was done.
women are dumb. :laughing and i bet she didn't understand when you said "are you a fricken idiot?" :rofl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.