Stunt video... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Stunt video...

Sorry Ken, this idea makes me kinda sad. Not the type of image I want to portray of how bikers behave. But, to each his own, as long as your actions only affect your own hide. What off-road facility is this going to be filmed at and what are the safety requirements? Are there going to be emergency personnel on hand in case they are needed? I sure hope you do this the right way in the right environment. If you're filming 120mph wheelies on public roadways, please delete my user account because I will have no part of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 11:02 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

dude without being rude...(ill try not to be)

So your saying just being around us means you don't want to be assumed a reckless asshole?...cause that's what your making it sound that I am..and what this site...represents?

For the record..we are all independent
nothing 1 person does on this or any other web site as far as I am concerned makes me such and such. Let alone any web site or in plain normal society.

Does the fact of you being white already make you a racist?
If you drive a German car, does that make you a nazi?
if you own a gun does that make you a murderer?
See how these stupid assumptions make no sense in the realm of independence? (which we all are)

Either which way guy, if you don't want to be on the site..simple stop posting and private message me to delete your account.

I think its REALLY stupid I even have to reply to this which as an adult. You should already know...what some else does or do or acts or believes in...doesn't make it LAW or FACT for you to either portray or be as!

(for your information this was more of a comedy then it is stunts...cause almost all of us here cant stunt worht a shit cause thats what we are not mainly into, now is it?)
and how i run things is my business!
you and most everyone else dont know me well enough to ponder how smart or how dumb i am.

thanks and have a good night

post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 11:05 PM
YO MAMA

Also too, to further debate you.

Quote:
Not the type of image I want to portray of how bikers behave
do all H.D. riders drink and ride drunk from 1 bar to the other?
(dumb question isn't it)

do all sportbike riders stunt?
(dumb question isn't it)

I could keep going but hopefully you got my point.

P.s. I wish you would have sent all this PRIVATELY. but who knows maybe theres others that share your same view without cause motion.

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 11:24 PM
YO MAMA

aslo too read this, its from my thread about making that tape

Quote:
i will take a ton of footage..(i am the producer & director) i got so much planned already for this. this tape will kinda over wrap what CHICAGOLANDSPORTBIKES.COM is...a bunch of guys having fun and friendships and group rides, hanging out, GA'bage stunts, speed shots, carving what twist's we got. some stuff will be dubbed with music etc,

everything applyies i think to this site...and to most of the guys around here

bunch of guys having fun

friendships

and group rides,

GA'bage stunts

speed shots, carving what twist's we got.

if that doesnt sound like anyone who has ever been on a bike..hopefully they can get out of it.
cause i am happy that i have so far.

i have meet a ton of great people, i have made a ton of friendships, i have made large group rides to people to be apart of a rolling thunder of 2 wheel fun, and yes i do , do ga'bage stunts, and i speed (yes i break the speed limit) abd yes i like twistys and track racing.

so whats wrong with that? NOTHING!

(as you can tell i am kinda upset about this)

post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 05:57 AM
CLSB RESIDENT REDNECK!!!!

Sportbike: Used to have a 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i Red/Black
Years Riding: 9 Years on n off
How you found us: SBN

I hope no one minds me puting in my .02 but I really want to say this.

I have been put down or made fun of most of my life because of either being too fat or not haveing enough money or what ever. I started riding because of the enjoyment my brother and father got from it, and to become a part of something. Not only did I become apart of the most awesome thrill in the world but I was also lucky enough to become part of the greatest website. This site has done nothing but accept me in every 2 inch wheelie, non-stoppie, always speeding, non leaning way that I am. And I'm sorry but If you (Dave333) don't want to be part of the site with the best bunch of fucking guys I have ever met just because they want to make a stunt video then my friend I think you need to pull that melon shaped object called (edited by odysseys)
I hope I did not offend anyone by this but I got really pissed when I read the above, so please forgive me if I did.

Mark

Mark

2001 F4i Red/Black ( She Gone )
2003 GMC Sierra Z71 Pewter
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy View Post
lol It's even typed in redneck!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is based on a true story: Chuck Norris once swallowed a turtle whole, and when he crapped it out, the turtle was six feet tall and had learned karate.
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 06:42 AM
YO MAMA

also too to make it clear..this tape is more so a comedy, then it is a stunt video.

post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 07:52 AM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time

To be honest I don't care what anybody thinks. I'm going to do what I love to do.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Dave333,
i understand your concern, and I consider it very valid. Traditionally "stunting" has not what this board has been about, and to be honest I'm not sure that I want to give people the impression that it is. There is a fine line between humor and danger. I think most people on this site couldn't hold a wheelie for more than a handful of feet, and that is the limit of their "stunts"(myself included). I had the same concerns as you at first, but when I realized that a tape of any length will need more than just footage of Ody pulling wheelies then I was not as worried. You make a good point though, and all efforts will be made to make sure that any stunts that are done are done in controlled environments, which is more than I can say for some of our twisty riding.

Chris
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 09:13 AM

I think this whole thing is getting totally misunderstood. From what I understand the Vid is going to show how much fun we have. If this turns into a who can go bigger on a stoppie or who can go higher on the wheelie thing, trust me, I'm sure Ken will put a stop to it. It's supposed to show us goofing off. That's what it is we do right? Anyway you look at it, whether your carving up the twisties or pullin' a wheel stand your messin' around. Only in a different form, but that's another issue all together. I'm just going to go out and do what I do every time I go out with you guys and that should speak for itself.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 09:24 AM
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!

Sportbike: The GF!
Years Riding: 3,201,394
How you found us: champ91

Send a message via AIM to Lupi Send a message via MSN to Lupi Send a message via Yahoo to Lupi
OK, I'm in agreement with Dave, Chris and Micheal. I for one could care less if a vid is made that tailors to the "stunt" side. I was planning on making one thaat would be more of a "cummulative" CLSB vid, basically showing you at what you like to do, whether it be cruise, stunt, track, drag or whatever. It would have also included social stuff too like Strats or what not. But who knows when or IF my lazy ass will ever do that!

I really got a bad taste in my mouth about SBN when it went through this phase. When you'd come up to the main index and see 18 stunter forums. I don't care to stunt, and I don't care to watch sunters, I find it a bit of a turn off, and a bore. But, others obviously find it intersting.

Point being, I can't relate to the stunter life, there fore I find I have a whole lot less to discuss when this topic comes up. The more this theme is driven, the less I become an active member on the board. Just because I don't have anything to contribute.

I aggree and has all ready been stated and I'm sure Ken it had in mind when bringin the topic up, is that this is done in a controlld environment, and that there are safety precautions taken place when or IF something was to go wrong.

Ciao,
Lupi
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 09:26 AM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20

OK my take on this whole thing. Sounds like it would be fun to watch and laugh at. I really dont think it would do much outside of our little group anyway, so the issue of protraying CLSB in a negative manner is really null in void. It would be no differrent than us BS'n here on the board or watching video of tracktime etc.

One thing to point out and I think Ody already covered it would be the content would be more comic than anything else. And I dont mean to tell you how you should do it but there is a large difference in the riders here. Some like TRACK Time, others STUNTIN, others like the social aspect, and others SPORT TOURING. But we all like ridin. And if this tape were to capture all of this and what ever else then it would Represent CLSB. Callin it a Stunta Tape seems off IMO. Yeah most of us do a little stuntin me included. But Most of us are bottom of the barrel when it comes to quality stunts.

Ok off the soap box.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael
Brian, i don't doubt that there is some missunderstanding going on. my only real problem with the idea is that if it's going to be a video of what clsb is all about, it shouldn't be done as a "stunt" video .. regardless of how weak the stunts are.

my .02 .. don't take it as any more than that.
No worries,

I am fully capable of having an adult conversation about this and realizing that not all will share the views I have on this.

I'm not trying to speak for Ken on these matters either cuz he's the one with the vision of this video. Just trying to communicate my views without pissing anyone off. What I do want to say is we should really consider the lack of difference between what some of us do in the twisties and what others do stunting. Maybe not everyone shares that view but I see them both equally dangerous. I will say that both need to be done in a somewhat responsible fashion though

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 09:31 AM
Wannabe racer

Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!

I haven't touched this subject because it seems to be what the majority of people on this site want. At first I thought the same thing, that this wasn't a representation of this site. But then again the site to me is different than it is to someone else.

If the majority of people agree with it, participate in it, or endorse stunting, then guess what THAT IS WHAT THE SITE IS ABOUT!

Everyone has a right to ride however they want, I would never deny anyone that. And if the majority of people want to get together and ride in a group where wheelies, stoppies, extreme cornering or anything else that might put them in a more dangerous situation then that is what the site will be.

There are a lot of great people around here, and a lot of people have changed the way they ride compared to last year for a number of reasons. That is their choice.

So I say whatever people want to do let them do, just don't then turn around and ask why I personally haven't been around. If I am expected to respect what each person does, then they should in turn extend me the same respect.

I choose not to ride in groups of a major size anyomore that is my choice for my reasons. Not just the Chicagoland group but any group, just because of the increased risk involved with more vehicles traveling at greater speeds.

Anyway enough my opinion is that this video doesn't represent ME, so therefore I won't participate in it. There are some it does represent and they will, if they are the majority then this video will be an exact representation of the board with a few exceptions. Majority rules in any group that is the way it goes. Why do you think we vote? Even though the desired outcome may not be what you individually want, it should be a true representation of the whole.

If anyone wants to come back feel free, I'll be around and I will make events that fit what I am looking for.
post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 09:32 AM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

If Ken wants to do a stunt video with the CLSB name attached to it, LET HIM. It's his (and Tony's) website. He's a big boy....and can take care of himself. Just keep in mind that ff the video takes off or gets into the wrong hands, CLSB MAY BE BRANDED FOR LIFE AS A STUNTA GROUP. I doubt this will ever happen, but it could.

I'm not a big fan of the stunting, but I don't mind it either. It was entertaining the other night. The way I look at it is, if they want to risk hurting themselves....let them. As long as they do it safely away from others. Even when I'm riding with Ken and he's wheeling every two minutes, it doesn't bother me because I always assume he's going to do something crazy and I give him his space. I feel more comfortable riding with him than most other people.
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 09:54 AM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
JJEEEEEEEZ, lot's o heat......

As someone who likes to both drag knee and pull garbage stunts let me say that I don't wheelie on the highway and I don't drag knee on the streets. I think riding a motorcycle is an inherently dangerous activity and whatever you do if up to you provided you are not endangering other, i.e. people on the streets.
post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

One thing I am slowly learning is the street ain't the place for "extreme" motorcycling. I really like a controlled environment without major surprises and emergency personnel 30 seconds away. I had to use these folks on 8/4 when I highsided my R6 at Putnam, rendering me unconscious. I wasn't riding that hard, the back end just got a little slick and walked out on me. After a helicopter flight to a hospital in Indianapolis and 6 hours in the ER they released me. I was just bruised up, but I can't imagine what the results would have been if this happened on a public road.

I am just starting to try and minimize my irritation of the general motoring public and take my need for speed off the public roadways. This has been a slow, natural progression for me without major mishap. Unfortunately, I am reading more and more of these about people who haven't been as lucky:

I'm sure a lot more of you know Mikeau, than realize right now. He has been a very active rider in Detroit for years. He was in a motorcycle accident last night. They were riding pretty crazy, weaving in and out of cars, and a lady panicked when the first bikes went by, hitting the brakes, and ultimately closing the intended gap. He struck the car going close to 150mph. He suffered many internal injuries, including bleeding on the brain, and he eventually past away this morning.

There was a funeral last week here in Dayton for a guy who crashed his motorcycle. Unfortunately we could see this one coming because the guy crashed 3 times last summer. His last crash last summer involved two motorcycles where another guy ran into him. This summer he was out with some guys who ride fast and better than he did through the turns. He also had his bike (GSXR 1K) stretched and lowered, went out with these guys on some dangerous roads, couldn't negotiate a turn, went off the road and hit some trees. He died on the scene from a ruptured aorta. Sad but it seemed like it was bound to happen. I feel sorry for his family because he had small children.

Stay safe y'all...
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 10:08 AM
Wannabe racer

Quote:
Originally posted by dave333
One thing I am slowly learning is the street ain't the place for "extreme" motorcycling. I really like a controlled environment without major surprises and emergency personnel 30 seconds away. I had to use these folks on 8/4 when I highsided my R6 at Putnam, rendering me unconscious. I wasn't riding that hard, the back end just got a little slick and walked out on me. After a helicopter flight to a hospital in Indianapolis and 6 hours in the ER they released me. I was just bruised up, but I can't imagine what the results would have been if this happened on a public road.
Was that in one of the last sessions? I think that was when we were going to go out one more time, I was in the Beginner group.
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Ok let me chime in.

I think the name of the video may have really threw some people off, Ken and I have talked about the content of the video and I assure you all that its really not just a "stunt" video. There is soo much more too it. There will be a lot of corner carving, there will be track day footage, High speed runs, and yes some wheelies will be in there. Hell I dont think we could do a true stunt video only because we dont have any serious stunters on this sight except maybe for Shugg. Most guys here just are well rounded in thier riding style. Most people here like to Go cruisin (hence why I started Bike night) and most like to go hit the twisties on the weekend. Then there are the select few who like to add in the occasional wheelie into all of that. It's not like we routinly spend all night in an industrial park doing wheelies and shit. Sure that happens once and a while but thats fine, its a safe place and it can be fun once and a while. Sure Ken has been doing a lot of wheelies but he is progressing and learning some new shit. I have been to and i admit it. Since we both learned second gear wheelies at the same time, we are doing them quite a bit but thats because its a new talent and we want to perfect it, just like any other talent. Personally I think the best riders are riders that can do it all, i.e. seriuos cornering, stunts whatever. I seem remeber the victory lap of every serious racer that I've ever seen include stand up wheelies and rolling burnouts. Hell I watched Yates blow his rear tire at road america last year across the start finsh line and miquel pulled off some kick ass standups.

So do I think weve become a stunting sight? Nope, we are becoming a more well rounded sight day by day. And that I think is a natural progression as one becomes a better and better rider. The more control you learn for your bike in any situation furthers that experience.

As to why Ken turned down a lot of track footage. It wasnt because all he wanted was stnt footage. it was because he has a vision of what he want s the footage to look like and he wants to be involved in the shooting of what ever goes into it. So a there will most likly be a trackday where a bunch of footage will be taken.

So dont worry about it guys, get involved in it and do what you enjoy. Thats what this video is all about.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 10:38 AM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Quote:
I think that was when we were going to go out one more time
I'm always afraid of those " one last time " thoughts.
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 11:04 AM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20

Thanks Tony. The way you explained it is how I took it. Just the name Stunt on it seems to have been what was causin the trouble IMO.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 11:50 AM
-= OuterSpace =-

Sportbike: Yamaha YZ450
Years Riding: too many to keep track
How you found us: Shizzle

I've heard so many people do the stunt bashing. It's funny how fellow riders react to stunts. Most of the people that bash stunting just can't do it so they tend to knock it. If I listened to everyone who told me not to ride a motorcycle because it's "Dangerous" or "You could be killed" I'd never ride.

I'd really like to know why many of you guys think doing stunts is gives biking a bad image. What is wrong with it?

There is a BIG difference between driving wreckless(endangering others) and doing stunts. There are plenty of MORON riders out there that never stunt..... some just drive like idiots all the time.

Most of the guys that I know who like to do a little stunting are for one good riders and two don't clown in traffic. On our ride Tuesday it looked very much under control and everone was being safe.

Bottom line is I wish people would get over the stunt bashing already. Its no different than just riding your bike. Risk is involved no matter how you ride. To me stunting just shows some added skills.

Later - Mike

04 Yamaha YZ450F - Off-Road it, mang
06 Kawasaki BruteForce 750i
09 Yamaha Raptor 700r

- Mike - OldSkool - MC -
post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 12:36 PM

While reading Ken's 1st post about the video, I think he clearly said... He already has his vison of what it is going to be. People started to add suggestions. "Do track days, etc, etc..."

He didn't turn them down, he just said that he ALREADY knows what he wants. Just have fun with it. You guys really think it's going to take off to the effect of this being a stuntin; website? I for one doubt that. Not to knock Ken's or anyone else's work, I'm sure he will do a great job, but given the choice of some REAL Stunting, would you guys buy the STAR BOYZ video or the CLSB video of guys goofing off?

Just like Tony said... Have fun with it! If you choose not to be in it, Don't.

Here's my $ .10 cause my $ .02 is free.
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

where in this thread is anybody bashing stunting??

if the people that don't like stunting see stunting, it generally means it is being done in plain view .. most likely in traffic .. if you don't think that gives sportbikes a bad rap .. that's your business .. but it does.

was there a reason you posted this in this thread?
Easy Killer. He's still kind of feeling us out and our views. I'm sure he doesn't mean to offend anyone.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 01:00 PM

can't we all just get along
I think some of you are just reading way to deep into this.
I believe this video is supposed to be for pure entertainment.
its a great way to bond with fellow motobikers.

ody, your video is going to be the bomb. I'll buy one as long
as I get a shot in hollywood
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 01:02 PM

I WANNA BE AN ICEEEEEEEE COLD STUNNNNNNAAAAAaaaaa!

The peopel on this board just crack me up....

Thanks for all the entertainment
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I'm just hoping we can find a way to get it on DVD since I dont have a VCR

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 01:07 PM

Vince....(Akuma)

This was your first group ride with stuntin invlolved...

Did the group come across as a bunch of punk stuntas or just a good group of guys that safely know when to let it loose a little?
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GsxrTony
I'm just hoping we can find a way to get it on DVD since I dont have a VCR
Good point.

I got one but it sees use few and far between. The picture sucks too.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Wannabe racer

Quote:
Originally posted by MeggysGixxer
Here's my $ .10 cause my $ .02 is free.
Thief of a thief, I stole that one and now you stole it. Damn it's hard to be an original follower these days.
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kruz
Vince....(Akuma)

This was your first group ride with stuntin invlolved...

Did the group come across as a bunch of punk stuntas or just a good group of guys that safely know when to let it loose a little?
I thought it was totally safe, ken even told us the rules.
I had a blast and will do it again!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode