Apendicites - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Squat
Years Riding: More then one hands worth.
How you found us: Your Mother

Send a message via AIM to MM Racing
Apendicites

Any one ever had this? I am going to the doctor today and I have a feeling they are going to tell me that my appendix has to come out. Which sucks cause I hardly am ever sick or ever go to doctors. I think I have been to the emergency room once, for stitches way back when I was a kid.

What were your symptoms if you did have it?

Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 10:15 AM

i have had my apendix removed. i was in early high school at the time. the symptoms are acute abdominal pain localized in the right side of your stomach. my scar is like 1 inch long and just off from where my hip bone is. the surgury was easy and a cake walk for doctors so dont worry about it if it comes to that.

i will say that i didnt realize how much muscle your stomach puts out when walking. you will be in pain after the surgury for a couple days.

good luck!

oh and dont wait too long to get it checked out. if you have had the pain for a little while maybe a day or more, you are getting to a dangerous zone. you apendix will swell and if it bursts, you die. the stuff inside your apendix IS leathal. no joke. dont worry if you woke up with the problem but dont hesitate to visit the doctor.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 10:17 AM

I've always thought it was sharp pains in you lower abdomen just at or below the belt line towards one side or the other. But I'm not a doctor. Do a we search and check a medical webiste. It should give the symptoms. I think a rise in white bood cell count can be a symptom.

Be careful. The reason an appeddix become painful is because it has become badly infected with bacteria. If it sweels enougn with bacteria, it can burst... causing bacteria to fill you whole abdomional cavity. The infection at that point can kill you quickly and even antibiotics may not be enough to save you.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY. Thsi type of illness is not nessesarily directly related ot lifestyle of health history. It's somewhat indescreminant.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Not too Slow Not too Fast

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Falco
Years Riding: Too many
How you found us: ApriliaForum.com

Send a message via Yahoo to RSVMillenian
I had mine burst when I was 3 years old. It has nothing to do with genetics, lifestyle or anything like that. Thru the evolution appendix was used to congest the raw meat early homosapiens consumed. However, since we do not eat any raw meat anymore it does not have any functions. As I said mine burst and my intestants were taken out and the whole stomak cleaned of any remains of the bacteria and shit, so you can say I was full of shit at early age!
The surgery is a very easy surgery that does not last more then 5~10 minutes. The best time is when you wake up and they give you more drugs, awesome...
If you neglect it, and if it burst you are in deep shit my friend so go and take care of it...

Dejan
CCS very very Amateur #144
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 06:34 PM

My mom had her's burst. She just ignored it and then one day BANG. She said it felt like someone shoved a knife in her stomach. She was barely able to call 911. She survived and had the appendix removed which was the easy part. End result don't wait, get it checked out. Hope everything works out for you.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 06:39 PM
Got my new Ride......

Sportbike: YZ250, GSX-R750 K1, ZX-7R (RIP)
Years Riding: Since I was about 10 yrs old
How you found us: JimGoFast

Yup - mine burst too - in high school.

Recovery is a bitch if it bursts cause they leave all these tubes in you to drain stuff out. Obviously you don't want to wait - cause you could die.

ONE SYMPTOM: Press in your stomach slowly (in area where it hurts), then release the pressure instantaneously. If it hurst MORE when you let go (than when you press), then go to the doctor ASAP.

Good luck Bro

- Sam
NESBA #749
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Went to the doctor, he didn't seem to think it was in the correct area for the appendix. It hurts on my right side about even with the belly button. It only hurts when I press on it not when released. Did some blood work and pissed in a cup hopefully I should know tommorow.

Ian
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 08:36 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM Racing
Went to the doctor, he didn't seem to think it was in the correct area for the appendix. It hurts on my right side about even with the belly button. It only hurts when I press on it not when released. Did some blood work and pissed in a cup hopefully I should know tommorow.
Maybe your pregnent?

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparBoyy
Maybe your pregnent?
We could make a lot of money off this... the first male pregnancy!

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 01:24 AM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM Racing

Dude, you're gettin your ass probed. They are gonna want to check out your upper gastrointestinal area. They're gonna stick an ungodly amount of garden hose up your ass, I here it is quite uncomfortable. *insert gay joke here* Sounds like the pain is coming from the large intestine or a nymph node in that area. I hope it is nothing serious, bro. Good luck.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 02-01-2005 at 01:35 AM.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 01:26 AM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparBoyy
Maybe your pregnent?
lol

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy
Dude, you're gettin your ass probed. They are gonna want to check out your upper gastrointestinal area. They're gonna stick an ungodly amount of garden hose up your ass, I here it is quite uncomfortable. *insert gay joke here* Sounds like the pain is coming from the large intestine or a nymph node in that area. I hope it is nothing serious, bro. Good luck.
Yeah, i think Dr. WSE diagnosis is correct.. good luck.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 02:14 AM
CLSB SoCal Chapter

Sportbike: 2004 Red Kawasaki ZZR 600
Years Riding: since 2004
How you found us: My hubby Shane aka "Nickyfan"

Talking

Could be you gallbladder. If it's on the right side a little below your liver, either you have a gallstone or some inflammation. It's a bit too high to be you lower intestines but they won't definitely know until they do a a couple of things.

Ask for either an U/S of the abdoment or a CT Scan of the abdomen. Both a are non invasive. For the CT Scan they'll probably ask you to drink some oral contrast.

After that depending on the results they may do something more invasive such as an EGD/UGI where they stick a tube down your throat.

If you do need surgery depending on the extent of the problem, they can do it laprascopically which means that they make about 3 incisions, by the belly button and around the right upper quadrant of your abdomen so they can stick a scope and the instruments in each incision. Recovery time is pretty good with that, it's normally a 24 hours in the hospital.

Now the other way is open abdominal surgery if they can't do it laprascopically and that's the whole kit and kaboodle...abdominal incision, drains and usually a week in the hospital.

If you have a choice, which I hope you do, then I'd opt for the lap chole instead of the open chole.

If it's a simple matter of inflammation, they may just treat it with IV antibiotics for three days, send you home with oral antibiotics and tell you to lay off the fatty meals since in most cases it's what causes acute cases of gall bladder inflammation or cholecystitis.

Ok I'll stop now. Hope it's nothin' serious. The blood tests will probably show how your biliary function is doing and they'll know more after that.

<--------Paulette
And the Wisdom to hide the bodies of those who refuse to
GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!
"Number '69' All the Way!"
"GO NICKY HAYDEN!!!"

Paulette's Facebook

Last edited by LadyDemona; 02-01-2005 at 02:29 AM.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 03:58 AM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDemona
Could be you gallbladder. If it's on the right side a little below your liver, either you have a gallstone or some inflammation. It's a bit too high to be you lower intestines but they won't definitely know until they do a a couple of things.

Ask for either an U/S of the abdoment or a CT Scan of the abdomen. Both a are non invasive. For the CT Scan they'll probably ask you to drink some oral contrast.

After that depending on the results they may do something more invasive such as an EGD/UGI where they stick a tube down your throat.

If you do need surgery depending on the extent of the problem, they can do it laprascopically which means that they make about 3 incisions, by the belly button and around the right upper quadrant of your abdomen so they can stick a scope and the instruments in each incision. Recovery time is pretty good with that, it's normally a 24 hours in the hospital.

Now the other way is open abdominal surgery if they can't do it laprascopically and that's the whole kit and kaboodle...abdominal incision, drains and usually a week in the hospital.

If you have a choice, which I hope you do, then I'd opt for the lap chole instead of the open chole.

If it's a simple matter of inflammation, they may just treat it with IV antibiotics for three days, send you home with oral antibiotics and tell you to lay off the fatty meals since in most cases it's what causes acute cases of gall bladder inflammation or cholecystitis.

Ok I'll stop now. Hope it's nothin' serious. The blood tests will probably show how your biliary function is doing and they'll know more after that.

I thought the gallbladder was above the bellybutton?

Quote:
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Your going to die....anyway...stopping being a worry wart...if they take it out, kiss the riding season goodbye, kiss sex good bye, you'll lose all your friends because you can't ride and chase women, why are you so worried?

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 08:20 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Yep.....Had mine burst when i was 33. As far as the "CLASSIC" symptoms..FORGET EM! I never had a sharp pain in the right side. It started hurting on a thursday around 11:00 am. Just a tummy ache was all. Felt like i ate some bad food. Friday hurt a little worse but it was now a bad stomach ache but it hurt all across the belly and not particularly on the right side. Kinda felt like i was BADLY constipated. (no appetite at all mind you)

Saturday different story! Woke up with a small fever and made it to the recliner. Wife is begging me to go to the doctor but there was an awesome tool box sale at Sears so off i went and bought a new tool chest. Got home and not feeling to good if ya know what i mean. Got back on the recliner and i found the best position. Curled up with knees on chest and pressure on the abs. lunchtime now--cold sweats were really driving me crazy and i did NOT want to move! Finally around 5pm the wife said either we go to the doctor or she calls an ambulance! I called her bluff and basically when she picked up the phone i said "stop we will drive together!"

HOLY SHIT that was an almost unbearible pain in the truck! Got inside the emergency room and told him there was no pain when pressure was applied on the right side. He told us that its not the push that should hurt its the rebound! He said lie still and tell me what you feel. (He began pushing down on my right side kinda hard) i said its a discomfort but not bad..All he said was okay..how about now? (He then pulled his hands off my side quickly and as the stomach returned to normal elevation) I thought someone just fucking shot me! I almost lost consciousness, the twinkiling stars in front of my eyes, and then i think i lost my hearing during that time too.

This was the best part! As bad as it hurt he kinda looked nervous too! had an anal probe and sure enough....it had ruptured a day or so ago and paretanitous sp? had already set it.

If you think you have a problem got to the doctor! Save yourself a long recovery time. Had all my insides removed and scrubed (infection removal)and put back! EXTREMELY painful! Besides a nice long belly scar!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 08:28 AM

I had mine out. i woke up at like 4 am and there was a dull pain on the lower right side and i knew right away it was that. I caught it before it burst so the surgery is easier, they don't have to slice you completely open. They perform the surgery laproscopically with three small incisions like a 1/8 long one on the left side one on the right side and one in the belly button. The worst part of this type is that they fill ya full of air to remove the damn thing and you gotta wait for all those gasses to escape. that almost hurt more than the abdominal pain after the surgery.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Kelly. Here I am thinking I show no signs of anything for it anymore and you gotta scare the shit out of me with you story. I shoudl hear what the blood test says today.

Ian
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 09:38 AM

Sorry bro! Did'nt mean to scare ya but just giving you MY experience. Hopefully your blood tests will NOT show a bad white cell blood count. all in all i am sure you will be fine if you are already under a doctors watch. UNLIKE MY DUMBASS!!

Funny thing is do you think i learned? NOPE! Had a heartattack around noon and even though it dropped me to my knees, numb left arm, painful left side of neck, sweating, and nausea (classic symptoms) i felt a little better after 30 min and continued working! Waited to that evening to go to the hospital against doctors advice (over the phone).
THAT MY FRIEND IS A HIGHER LEVEL OF STUPIDITY I THINK ONLY A 35 YEAR OLD COULD REACH!!!!!

Young enough to be invincible and old enough to know better!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 10:33 AM

Darn, I hate hearing about this kind of thing. So far so good, I haven't had any major problems yet... I hate going to the doc/hospital too. Sure hope you're okay man.
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Yeah doctor said the blood was okay except for a raised SED level, which according to webmd still could be the appendix but they said not to be concerned and come back in two weeks to do another blood test. They better not be wrong, I will be pissed. Thanks for all the well wishes, I almost wish I had it out just to be preventative. :-)

Ian

Last edited by MM Racing; 02-01-2005 at 07:33 PM.
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 08:07 PM

Good luck.. hope everything turns out okay...
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labdog
This was the best part had an anal probe!

I always knew there was something funny about you. Gay tendencies???

(btw - this is Krys)

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHeYeNNe

(btw - this is Krys)

LOL... don't mess w/ Kelly.. he'll hurt you.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
THAT MY FRIEND IS A HIGHER LEVEL OF STUPIDITY I THINK ONLY A 35 YEAR OLD COULD REACH!!!!!

Young enough to be invincible and old enough to know better!

Wait til you hit 47, I do really dumb things

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Social Events Goddess

Sportbike: without currently
Years Riding: Long enough to know better, not long enough to stop
How you found us: member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipSTREAM
LOL... don't mess w/ Kelly.. he'll hurt you.

I'm not afeared, ask me ill tell ya......

Ask me ill tell you...........anything I wanna hear

myspace.com/troubleks81

David you are remembered
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHeYeNNe
(btw - this is Krys)
Nice! squeeker! a 1/2 quote huh? I'll keep my eye on you............(from afar:wink )

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Social Events Goddess

Sportbike: without currently
Years Riding: Long enough to know better, not long enough to stop
How you found us: member

Quote:
Nice! squeeker! a 1/2 quote huh? I'll keep my eye on you............(from afar:wink )

hey now leave my squeaker out of this!!!

lol

Ask me ill tell you...........anything I wanna hear

myspace.com/troubleks81

David you are remembered
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Is this Russia?

Sportbike: Formerly a Bandit 1200S
Years Riding: Since '94
How you found us: your mom

Send a message via Yahoo to MadMax1996
I had mine out a couple years ago. It was the first time I've ever had any type of surgery (I still have my tonsils and wisdom teeth).

I was out with my group from work and we started playing Whirlyball in Lombard around 1pm. I had a kind of heavy lunch and after playing a couple of rounds I was in some pain. I thought it was a stomach ache so I just sat out a few rounds. I never get sick or have stomach problems like this so I had a feeling something was going on. The pain never subsided so I left early and headed home.

The sucky part? I had my motorcycle and I had to ride from Lombard back to Palatine at around 4pm (rush hour) in about 80-85 degree heat (full helmet, jacket, gear). Painful? YES!!!

I tried to sleep off the pain but it gradually got worse and at about 10pm I couldn't bear it anymore so I had my g/f take me to the emergency room. The next morning I was in surgery.

The doctors said I was lucky they got it out so quick. I was just amazed at how the pain was so sudden. The pain I had also seemed to be across my entire abdomen rather than concentrated on one side (until the doctor pushed down to check - ouch!)

The whole experience wasn't too terrible - all I can say is thank god for good health insurance!
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 10:53 PM
CLSB SoCal Chapter

Sportbike: 2004 Red Kawasaki ZZR 600
Years Riding: since 2004
How you found us: My hubby Shane aka "Nickyfan"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy
I thought the gallbladder was above the bellybutton?
Nope. It's actually right around the liver.

<--------Paulette
And the Wisdom to hide the bodies of those who refuse to
GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!
"Number '69' All the Way!"
"GO NICKY HAYDEN!!!"

Paulette's Facebook

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode