OMFG I can't believe we actually win wars!! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
OMFG I can't believe we actually win wars!!

Okay, so I get onto the Army website to get some paperwork that I need to go back to college and guess what, the Army has me listed as an ACTIVE DUTY OFFICER AND MARRIED!!! The Army reserves has me listed as the same thing.

1. I was never an officer. I resigned from Warrant Officer Flight Training because of serious family issues.

2. I was released from Active Duty on March 13th 2003, ended reserve commitment on March 13th 2004.

3. I was divorced (2nd time) on July 5 2002.

Now here's the real kicker and what's got me all pissed. I click on the links to correct the info. The sites don't exist, so I look around and find the contact info. I e-mail the people tell them about my problem. They e-mail me back quickly and give me a number to call. So I call the number and they say, "We don't deal with that, you need to contact EREC," which was the place I had just e-mailed. I told the dude that EREC was who gave me the number, and he said sorry, nothing I can do.

So I e-mailed EREC and they said the phone dude was wrong. So I'm ready to toss my laptop through the window at this point. I go back to the website and hunt around and find another number, this one to HRC. So I call them and I'm on the phone with them right now. Guess what, they can't help me either. She says her records say I'm discharged, divorced, yada yada yada. The right info. But the computer I'm looking at says all the wrong stuff. And from my experience in the Army, when something is wrong its the soldier that gets screwed. I don't want a couple of MP's knocking on my door in a month or so asking where I've been... ya know?

Okay, I just got off the phone with the last lady, who was actually very nice. She gave me a fax number to her office and I've got to send in a request, along with my divorce papers and discharge papers, and they will fix it.

Wow, what a bunch of work. I'm surprised we actually win wars.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 03:32 PM
I want some cake!

Sportbike: 2007 R1 & 2004 Yamaha FZ-1
Years Riding: Thru the winter into summer
How you found us: Yahoo FZ-1 Group

Send a message via Yahoo to Loki_D_Wolf
I'm tellin' you it was right here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills
Okay, so I get onto the Army website to get some paperwork that I need to go back to college and guess what, the Army has me listed as an ACTIVE DUTY OFFICER AND MARRIED!!! The Army reserves has me listed as the same thing.

1. I was never an officer. I resigned from Warrant Officer Flight Training because of serious family issues.

2. I was released from Active Duty on March 13th 2003, ended reserve commitment on March 13th 2004.

3. I was divorced (2nd time) on July 5 2002.

Now here's the real kicker and what's got me all pissed. I click on the links to correct the info. The sites don't exist, so I look around and find the contact info. I e-mail the people tell them about my problem. They e-mail me back quickly and give me a number to call. So I call the number and they say, "We don't deal with that, you need to contact EREC," which was the place I had just e-mailed. I told the dude that EREC was who gave me the number, and he said sorry, nothing I can do.

So I e-mailed EREC and they said the phone dude was wrong. So I'm ready to toss my laptop through the window at this point. I go back to the website and hunt around and find another number, this one to HRC. So I call them and I'm on the phone with them right now. Guess what, they can't help me either. She says her records say I'm discharged, divorced, yada yada yada. The right info. But the computer I'm looking at says all the wrong stuff. And from my experience in the Army, when something is wrong its the soldier that gets screwed. I don't want a couple of MP's knocking on my door in a month or so asking where I've been... ya know?

Okay, I just got off the phone with the last lady, who was actually very nice. She gave me a fax number to her office and I've got to send in a request, along with my divorce papers and discharge papers, and they will fix it.

Wow, what a bunch of work. I'm surprised we actually win wars.
Sorry for the stress man. But damn that was funny! I could say a million things but I won't. I will say that's what happened to my father regarding Vietnam stuff. He's still fighting to this day to get back pay and benefits owed him from way back then! :jerkit

Think Bush is using it for the privatilization of social security (that will affect my dad)? I don't know.

Loki is commentator for other sites as well as the publications: Who's Booty Is That On My Face Magazine, Fart Life and written the self-help book, What To Say To Comments About Your Crack Whore Mom.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 03:44 PM
i need a new bike, this one is trashed

Sportbike: Falkor
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: yahoo

damn computers

it is like that all in the family episode, where archie bunker died because the computer had a mistake.

there must be a lot of people in the army who are not doing the paper work. "hmm, he quit officer school, let me put it on this post note, and get to it tomorrow"
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 03:59 PM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

I can't blame them for not keeping up with you....2 divorces!!!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Shit if your still active, ask them where the hell your pay checks are, your not getting payed, you got some back pay comin

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Mrs. Maxlean

Sportbike: nada...bike go bye, bye
Years Riding: on and off since '98
How you found us: surfed the net

I had similar issue when I was discharged for hte USMC on a PEB. It took forever to get appointments at the VA, once I get there for the appt I scheduled 6 months ago they have no idea I'm supposed to be there and reschedule me for 6 months later. I then had to fight a huge battle about the disablity percentage, I left bootcamp with 10% - minor benefits, had an eval at the VA, knocked down to 0%. Not to mention the DR. that did my exam was shaking so bad that he had to hold his right hand with the left so he could make notes in my chart!

I hope you get everything figured out. Isn't weird how you have all this paperwork that was distributed by the government, and now you have to send it back to them to get this all corrected!

Blueberry
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
lol, yeah John, I was pretty busy back in the day.

Tony, you're right.... back pay. Hmmm... a WO1 with 8 years in gets $3030.90 a month, plus flight pay, plus housing allowance... for 2 years... Shit, they owe me $85941.60.... minus taxes.

I remember paperwork screw ups even while I was in. After my 2nd divorce I went to have my mom put as my beneficiary on my life insurance. The woman at he desk asked why I didn't want my kids listed. Kids? She said, yeah, you have 2 kids, right? Shit, that was news to me. I don't have any kids that I know of.

I'll say it again, its amazing we win wars. I'm convinced we do only because the other side's military paperwork is more fucked up than ours.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Grammaton Cleric

Sportbike: 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
Years Riding: Since 07-01-2001
How you found us: Google, I believe

Send a message via AIM to MrBusa Send a message via Yahoo to MrBusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
Shit if your still active, ask them where the hell your pay checks are, your not getting payed, you got some back pay comin
And, don't forget to remind them of your rank of General of the Army. I would imagine the paycheck of a Five Star General is pretty good.

-- Matthew --

"I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the Universe" - Jango Fett
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 05:11 PM

Sportbike: '05 FJR1300
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: friend

Send a message via Yahoo to YZFAlex
Quote:
I'm convinced we do only because the other side's military paperwork is more fucked up than ours.
amen

AlexYZF
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 05:20 PM

Sportbike: FZ1
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: search engine

You're not alone, dealing with the same stuff for a few years now. It will never get corrected no matter who you tell or how many times.

Mp's won't come knocking, hell the Army was wondering why I haven't showed up in four years. And all they sent me a letter.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 07:12 PM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

We're too busy kickin ass paperwork is for sissies.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

welcome to my life. my former employer sent me checks for ages and they STILL 2+ years later) have me liested as an employee and keep sending me stuff. I get the same run-around when I try to correct my info. ridiculous.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_ag
welcome to my life. my former employer sent me checks for ages and they STILL 2+ years later) have me liested as an employee and keep sending me stuff. I get the same run-around when I try to correct my info. ridiculous.
I'd be cashing them

Better yet just show up for work one day and play dumb

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 09:09 AM
well i got my knee down BUT, i need a new side panel

Sportbike: Several old, mint condition crusiers.....
Years Riding: 22
How you found us: Original member......

Quote:
Tony, you're right.... back pay. Hmmm... a WO1 with 8 years in gets $3030.90 a month, plus flight pay, plus housing allowance... for 2 years... Shit, they owe me $85941.60.... minus taxes.
Don't you realize how the Gub'mint works? They owe you $85941.60 PLUS interest and and penalties for 2 years. If you owed them, they hit you with that!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 12:36 PM
M109R

Sportbike: 07 Suzuki Boulevard M109R
Years Riding: 6
How you found us: ??

If your on active duty... maybe they owe you a pay check

How do you turn this thing on?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode