Old Squid on a Blade
Join Date: Apr 2002
Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here
Originally Posted by RickC1957
You two are shitting me? Get the freaking Lasik, why would you want to F around with contacts?
Pros and cons to that my friend.
1. I have had contacts non-stop for 25 years. No problems. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.
2. I correct to 20/15 or better. I can almost read the last line on the chart. I'm very picky about my vision. Per my doc Lasik will not get me there. If my vision was shitty, it would be a different story.
3. There is always a risk of complications. I'd hate to be the 1 of 1000 that gets fucked up.
4. Vision changes and you might be right back where you started wearing contacts in a few years.
5. At a hundred or so for a year's supply of contacts I'll never get my $ out of Lasik so contacts are cheaper.
6. I'm a chicken shit and don't want someone cutting open my eye and zapping me.
There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.