Help Help Need Advice ASAP - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Telefonica Struck

Sportbike: 2003 Gixxer 750
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to XxTelefonicaxX
Help Help Need Advice ASAP

Here's the deal fellas, I kind of had a war with a stop sign and the stop sign won. My Grand Prix is now a little messed up in the front right. Here's the question, I'm insured through State Farm insurance. I'm insured as a second driver on my mom's blazer, and my bike is insured through them too. This happened however in my sister's car which she is insured under.

She obviously won't claim it under her insurance ..... am I covered at all on that car???? Here's the real shitty thing .... This accident happened Saturday Night and today my mom got a call from our Dousche Bag insurance agent and he said they are dropping me from the insurance this THURSDAY because I got my license suspended for 2 months when I was under 21 cause I had gotten 2 tickets in a year. I really hope that I'm covered so I can claim it with these assholes and then let them drop me.

All I can say is two HUGE for STATE FARM

2003 GSXR 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Well your mom will have to call her agent to see if you are covered while driving other vehicles. If so, then youre fine. If not, your sisters insurance (if she does end up filinf a claim) most likely will come after you.

Now for you being dropped. Insurance companies usually go back 3-5 yrs to check on records. Were you already on your moms policy when your license was suspended? If so, that means they probably actually did a DMV search on you and found them.

And teh bigger question is how did you pick a fight with a stop sign?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Telefonica Struck

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob
Well your mom will have to call her agent to see if you are covered while driving other vehicles. If so, then youre fine. If not, your sisters insurance (if she does end up filinf a claim) most likely will come after you.

Now for you being dropped. Insurance companies usually go back 3-5 yrs to check on records. Were you already on your moms policy when your license was suspended? If so, that means they probably actually did a DMV search on you and found them.

And teh bigger question is how did you pick a fight with a stop sign?

First off, My Sister and My Mom and pretty much everyone in our family has the same agent and company. GOD I HOPE I'M COVERED ON OTHER CARS. Is that a fairly common thing???

Yeah went through the turn a little fast .... forgot about the tiny layer of snow went up on the curb wacked the shizzzznat out of the sign ..... drove the whole two blocks home, went inside to straight to bed. Woke up in the morning to see the damage in the light ........ got really sad ....... got really mad ..... visited that damn stop sign ..... it was barely moved ....... maybe i'll go back there tonight and finish the job.

2003 GSXR 750
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

I'm covered on ANYTHING I drive from a $500 rust bucket to a $1.5M Saleen S7.

Exactly how much damage? Superficial? SMall dent? If this isnt gonna be even a grand, pay it out of pocket. Depending on what you deduct is, you might be paying most of it anyway.

Your lucky the sign didnt go down. You could get nailed for destruction of public property then. We we were kids we all had the same agent as mom and dad. Thats normal. When I was in Aus, I had the same broker as my at the time future inlaws.

Hey could be worse, I totalled a brand new 1988 Porsche 911 when I was 19.

Last edited by YZFRob; 02-22-2005 at 01:04 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Telefonica Struck

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob
I'm covered on ANYTHING I drive from a $500 rust bucket to a $1.5M Saleen S7.

Exactly how much damage? Superficial? SMall dent? If this isnt gonna be even a grand, pay it out of pocket. Depending on what you deduct is, you might be paying most of it anyway.

Your lucky the sign didnt go down. You could get nailed for destruction of public property then. We we were kids we all had the same agent as mom and dad. Thats normal. When I was in Aus, I had the same broker as my at the time future inlaws.

Hey could be worse, I totalled a brand new 1988 Porsche 911 when I was 19.

Well I def. need a new front bumper .... it's damaged beyond repair, and the hood needs a little work and need to be re painted along with the front fender ..... so probably around 2500 or so ...... damn i can't wait to ask my mom if I'm covered under any car.

2003 GSXR 750
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 01:32 PM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: 2001 ZX9R
Years Riding: 4th season
How you found us: Ken is my gay lover

Send a message via AIM to cherrypicker
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTelefonicaxX
Well I def. need a new front bumper .... it's damaged beyond repair, and the hood needs a little work and need to be re painted along with the front fender ..... so probably around 2500 or so ...... damn i can't wait to ask my mom if I'm covered under any car.
You did that much damage and the sign wasn't knock down or even bent??? Just don't build 'em like they used to.

If you have State Farm, you shold be covered in any vehicle you drive in the US, including rental cars. Coverage usaully isn't good outside the US. I need to check on Canada. I"m going to be there 2 or 3 more times this year.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Telefonica Struck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypicker
You did that much damage and the sign wasn't knock down or even bent??? Just don't build 'em like they used to.

If you have State Farm, you shold be covered in any vehicle you drive in the US, including rental cars. Coverage usaully isn't good outside the US. I need to check on Canada. I"m going to be there 2 or 3 more times this year.

So should I try and make a claim against my insurance?? .

2003 GSXR 750
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTelefonicaxX
So should I try and make a claim against my insurance?? .
Here's how this works. because I've been here with a friend who crashed my car. 1st responsibility is to her policy, that means she should be claiming it on he policy since its her car. But you can claim it on your out of the goodness of your heart if you would like to. You do not have to claim it on yours, its her car her policy. Even if she took you to court you would not win. Guess how I know this. Yes friend totaled my car when I was 17, I only had liability insurance so I couldn't claim it on mine, he could have claimed it on his but didn't want his rates to go up. Took him to court judge said I was shit out of luck if he didn't want to pay for it. It was my fault for letting him drive it as it is your sisters fault for letting you drive her car.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 01:57 PM

Sportbike: Proud owner of 03 giggy1
Years Riding: 2, none on this one
How you found us: friend

Don't Claim it, doesnt matter if u want to get back at StateFarm they are going to get back at you... Every insurance company can see your claims ;-)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Telefonica Struck

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtbikeril
Don't Claim it, doesnt matter if u want to get back at StateFarm they are going to get back at you... Every insurance company can see your claims ;-)

Damn looks like I'm SOL ...... maybe if I'm really nice to my sister, and possibly drug her I can convince her to claim it hahaha

2003 GSXR 750
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
Here's how this works. because I've been here with a friend who crashed my car. 1st responsibility is to her policy, that means she should be claiming it on he policy since its her car. But you can claim it on your out of the goodness of your heart if you would like to. You do not have to claim it on yours, its her car her policy. Even if she took you to court you would not win. Guess how I know this. Yes friend totaled my car when I was 17, I only had liability insurance so I couldn't claim it on mine, he could have claimed it on his but didn't want his rates to go up. Took him to court judge said I was shit out of luck if he didn't want to pay for it. It was my fault for letting him drive it as it is your sisters fault for letting you drive her car.

We are talking 2005, not 1963.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

If you claim it on your insurance, which is also your mothers policy, your moms insurance will go up and she will eventually pay for your mistake. Own up to your responsibility.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode