Dogs - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 03 Ninja zx6r
Years Riding: couple

Send a message via AIM to misiu00
Dogs

Recently I had to put my dog to sleep on march the 22. The shittest day of my life. My dog had been 14years of age I feel so sorry on what I did, but everyone kept telling me I had to. Well I still can't get over the fact that I put him to sleep I know it was the right thing, since he couldn't even walk anymore. I think the only way to keep my mind off him is getting another dog. I been doing' research on American Staffordshire terrier’s. I'm looking for a blue and white color coat. I've found a lot just the prices are ridiculous costing from 1,500-3,000 dollars. I'm not willing to spend that much, but most like 1000-1200. If anyone knows of any places post up Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 03:23 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

Have you researched Pit Bull Rescue Groups??

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Ya check the rescue groups or even your humane societes first. I grew up with dogs and all of them were rescue dogs. Y anever know what might be waiting there for you.

But if you want to go breeder I'd check with AKC and see if they can reccomend anyone in the area. or search around on the web, that how we found the breeder for Rusty my new Golden retriever.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 05:24 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
Rusty my new Golden retriever.
You mean the dog whose owner hasnt posted a pic of him in a very long time? Is that the Rusty youre speaking of??

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 05:25 PM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

humane societes are the way to go....i never understood paying a shitload for a dog unless you're taking it to shows.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZe Inc
humane societes are the way to go....i never understood paying a shitload for a dog unless you're taking it to shows.
If you are looking for a certain breed, or a certain RARE color of a breed then you have to pay for it. Just like everything else.

It will be hard to find that at a Humane Society.

Blue Pitbulls are VERY hard to find and that's why you pay for it. Also sometimes certain breeds have certain health conditions/hereditary or characteristics that the breeder has tested there dogs for and you get a guarantee against.

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weelpilot
You mean the dog whose owner hasnt posted a pic of him in a very long time? Is that the Rusty youre speaking of??
That would be the one, you wouldnt believe how big he's geting, new pics will be up soon

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 06:05 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I have a 2 year old Brittany and a 6 month old Boxer. I don't know what I'd do without them.

About the staffordshires, blue alone or any combo of blue is by far the rarest of all the staffordshire colors. A breeder is the way to go for one of those if you want a pup, but there's nothing wrong with getting one from a human society and giving a dog another chance.

When you're searching, also look for American Pitbull Terrier, a lot of American Staffordshires are labeled as American Pitbull Terriers and vice versa.

Found a rescue site for you, they have 4 pups.

www.chicagolandbullybreedrescue.org

Last edited by jimzx9r; 03-26-2005 at 06:16 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 07:58 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Hey bro,

there is a thread in the non moto items f/s forum with somebody looking for a good home for a pitbull.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 09:36 PM

Get another one

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
That would be the one, you wouldnt believe how big he's geting, new pics will be up soon
My lady's mom just got another Golden Retriver thru a breeder. It's like Cheyenne mentioned, because of the better chance of things. Tony, is it me or do those damn pups have the energy of a mosquito on a summer night?! lol

She's nuts! Here's a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00233.JPG (146.4 KB, 18 views)
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_D_Wolf
My lady's mom just got another Golden Retriver thru a breeder. It's like Cheyenne mentioned, because of the better chance of things. Tony, is it me or do those damn pups have the energy of a mosquito on a summer night?! lol

She's nuts! Here's a pic

If it's for the chance of things I would assume not go to a breeder. You're better off getting a mutt from a humane society. Your chances are MUCH MUCH better of them being healthier. But hey, what the hell would I know, my wife only works for a vet.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 03:31 AM

sniff, sniff, sniff (tail waggin')

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy
If it's for the chance of things I would assume not go to a breeder. You're better off getting a mutt from a humane society. Your chances are MUCH MUCH better of them being healthier. But hey, what the hell would I know, my wife only works for a vet.
Why you pickin' on me ya bully! j/k I just posted a cute pic. lol It's not my dog. My lady's parents own that little fur ball from Hell. I'm wolf blood. I would get the working breed dog. Give me a German Shepard, Doberman, Rottweiler, Alaskan Malumute, Siberian Husky. Those are DOGS to me! lol

I don't think people are against a Humane Society at all. But it is a wild card in the sense of specifics. I used to work for a vet and knew that way back in high school.

Just like what was mentioned, he wants a specific breed that is a needle in a haystack at a Humane Society. Nothing wrong with going to a breeder considering they do have a high percentage of pros than cons. A Humane Society can basically guarantee health.
And though I'm not a vet, I did stay at a Holiday Inn. So I know what I'm talking about.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_D_Wolf
Why you pickin' on me ya bully! j/k I just posted a cute pic. lol It's not my dog. My lady's parents own that little fur ball from Hell. I'm wolf blood. I would get the working breed dog. Give me a German Shepard, Doberman, Rottweiler, Alaskan Malumute, Siberian Husky. Those are DOGS to me! lol

I don't think people are against a Humane Society at all. But it is a wild card in the sense of specifics. I used to work for a vet and knew that way back in high school.

Just like what was mentioned, he wants a specific breed that is a needle in a haystack at a Humane Society. Nothing wrong with going to a breeder considering they do have a high percentage of pros than cons. A Humane Society can basically guarantee health.
And though I'm not a vet, I did stay at a Holiday Inn. So I know what I'm talking about.

I'm not trying to pick on you man. Allz I'm saying is vets see more problems with dogs coming from breeders than they do the humane societies. There's so many imbreading problems, diseases, and bad breeders out there it's not funny. When you pick a dog at a humance society those imbreeding problems are gone, and they've already been thoroughly examined by a vet. It takes a TON of risk out of the situation.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode