You might be from chicagoland if...
You might be from Chicagoland if....
* You don't pronounce the "s" at the end of Illinois.
* You have no problem spelling or pronouncing "Des Plaines,"
* Your school classes were canceled because of the cold.
* Your school classes were canceled because of the heat.
* You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
* You carry jumper cables in your car.
* "You drink "pop." (Exactly)
* You realize that I-290, I-90, I-94, and I-294 are all different roads.
* You refer to any interstate highway as "the Tollway."
* You know the names of the interstates: Stevenson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Dan Ryan, Reagan.
* You refer to anything South of I-80 as "Southern Illinois."
* You refer to Lake Michigan as "The Lake."
* You refer to Chicago as "The City."
* No matter where you are, when you hear the term "Downtown" you immediately assume they're talking about Downtown Chicago.
* You have two favorite football teams: The Bears, and anyone who beats the Packers.
* You buy "The Trib."
* You know what goes on a "Chicago" Hot Dog....and you are permitted to shoot anyone who puts ketchup on a hot dog.
* You know what Chicago Style Pizza REALLY is.
* You know why they call Chicago "The Windy City."
* You understand what "lake-effect" means.
* You know the difference between Amtrak and Metra, and know which station they end up at
* You have ridden the "L."
* You can distinguish between the following area codes: 847, 630, 773, 708, 312, & 815.
* You know what the phone number is to Empire Carpets.(LOL)
Last edited by jasongixxer; 03-31-2005 at 04:40 PM.