From Iraq (Aaron 2002) - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Mista Gimmie

Sportbike: 02 CBR929RR, 1969 Z50
Years Riding: 19
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughnimo
From Iraq (Aaron 2002)

Well gang,
Its been a while since my last post. I just wanted to say hey to you all again. As some of you know I moved to MT around Dec. 2002. I ended up kicking school around out there and worked at a local Honda service dept. Well Uncle Sam in his great wisdom decided to deploy me and my boys to Iraq. We have been mobilized since Jun 28 04 and will be in country until Nov. 05. Its been a trip to say the least. My company is in Kirkuk and the action here is pretty light. Which is good depending on who you ask. You know how it is, the boring factor vs. kicking ass. So all is well here just missing the two wheels.

My lady Erin and I got married May 14 last year and have been doing great. I got my 929 back together fall 03 and got to do some riding for a few months prior to deployment. Through the winter of 03/04 I ended up polishing the frame and swingarm. That was quite a operation, but worth it. I think I will be working on other projects now that I have a decent understanding of working aluminium. I will get some pics to you guys. I am currently home on leave for a couple of weeks and sucking up the goodness in alll areas. I bought an XR100 for Erin and I picked up an old school Z50. The fitie is an ultamite blast. Me an some of the guys from the shop ended up doing some ice racing. What a hoot that is on the 50. Anyway all is wel and I just wanted to say hey. I think of you guys and gals out there in the Chicago land area often. Mosty reflecting on how good the biking is out here! No seriously I think I will be making a trip that way summer 06 to catch AMA at Road America. I will try to get in touch with a few of you when that gets closer.

Stay cool and keep riding,
Aaron Vaughn

P.S. Just in case some of you are a bit foggy. Here is some filler data:
I put my 929 in the ditch on some gravel strewn about in May 02. It was some where West of Chicago on a nice spirited frontage road that weaved across I55? Anyway Ken and Brian helped me out a ton with loading up my bike and handling some of the small bills, they and some of the rest of the crew were nice enough to come and see me in the hospital. That was super considering it was my first ride with you guys. I still feel like such a stooge eating shit that day. I was riding like a hard-on not proofing the road. Anyway thanks a bunch, AV

Last edited by Vaughnimo; 03-30-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 08:52 AM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Wow!!!!!! good to hear from you again. Congrats on the marriage, and good luck with everything bro

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 08:58 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Awesome!! Glad to hear everything is going good for you considering.......

Congrats on the marriage and cant wait to see some pics of the polishing Aaron! Keep in touch......

AND Thank You for doing everything you do for us overseas.

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode