Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Question about US Cellular service

402 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  BIGGY 
#1 ·
I know there's lots of posts comparing the different companies, but those who have US Cellular, how's your coverage around Chicago and wherever you go riding? Seems like they have the best prices right now.

I ask because I only know 2 people personally who've got the service. 1 says its the best coverage he's ever had, and the other says it's the worst. However the guy who says it's bad might have a bad phone he said, but thought I'd check anyway.

I'm with ATT currently, but ever since their service was handed over to Cingular it's sucked. Used to be perfect everywhere, now I'm lucky if I can dial out. So before I go handing over a cancellation fee I wanna make sure US Cellular will be better for me. Do stores ever give you out a phone to try the service and see if it works in your home or specific location(s)?

#2 ·
Hey,
I have U.S. Cellular myself and I choose the Motorola V810 phone. Service is great, before I had a crappy phone and service was bad. I live in Lincolnwood, and I get coverage everywhere I go cept for a few dead spots. Prices are low, I am a college student so I needed something affordable. I get a 1000 national anytime minutes with free incoming. If you want to know more just pm me.

#6 ·
Well, I just switched from US Cellular. I am most often travelling within the 6 county area, and over 2 years I had a ton of lost calls and dead spots.

The 2 months with T Mobile, I have had 0 lost calls, and have not found a dead spot. T Mobile also had a better plan, 3k anytime minutes for calls from and to IL WI IN for $50

#7 ·
Can u hear me now..... Cause they're about to beat my dorky ass!

I had US Cellular. With Verizon now. Though when I was went them I didn't have any problems. I had and have the Kyocera Slider phone (original manufacturers of the indiglo light in cells). To me it's the phones that need to be the concern mostly.
Kyocera had bugs with the first line of blue glo phones. They've improved a lot.

Anyways, US seems to be kool.

#8 ·
MoparBoyy said:
Nextel Blackberry.. i can take a crap in the basement of my work while on the phone! :)

TOO MUCH INFO!!!!!! :robewizar

#9 ·
I used my moms cell a few times and she has US Cell and I hated it. How old is your current phone? You might just need a new one, HD seems to love his ATT cell.

#12 ·
I've had USM for a little over 2 years now (just renewed)....love it...great reception. I used to have the 900 Local plan and it had good tri-state coverage, but I would get dinged when on vacation quite a bit.

Now I have the 1000 Nationwide Anytime mins for $35. Added a second line for $15 :rolleyes, but they did give me two MOT V710 phones for $30.

#13 ·
Brian said:
Well, I just switched from US Cellular. I am most often travelling within the 6 county area, and over 2 years I had a ton of lost calls and dead spots.

The 2 months with T Mobile, I have had 0 lost calls, and have not found a dead spot. T Mobile also had a better plan, 3k anytime minutes for calls from and to IL WI IN for $50
:2rockin

#14 ·
Ok, well I signed up with US Cellular. I've got 30 days to cancel with no fees. I could have taken the 1000 minute plan for $40, but got one with 800 minutes for the same price and nationwide coverage with no roaming. Free incoming calls and free calls to any other USC customer.

Lemme tell ya, I'm not sure if it's the phone or what...but it works EVERYWHERE. I've gone to places where every other phone I've ever had doesn't work and this one is still going strong. I think my phone is the Motorolla 262? According to the dudes at the store they say that phone makes a huge difference. They told me that the previous LG models mostly suck and drop calls which is exactly the phones my friends currently have. Hell even when I tucked myself down in my buddys basement (never mind what we had to do down there :) ) the phone did switch to roaming but kept the call perfect. This is easily the best phone/service combo that I've had. And bummer but I got a new cell # instead of paying the fees, but I gave my old phone to my mom to use till the contract is up instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.