Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Auto tires - Where can I find a deal?

388 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  NickIF 
#1 ·
I was wondering why my car suddenly started to handle like shit :bangin - found a broken belt right on the tread which formed a big lump. I need to find a pair of tires 205/75-15 before I make my way up to Milwaukee tonight. Who has the best tire deals out there? Somewhere around Shaumburg would rock as it's close to where I work.

#3 · (Edited)
Tirerack.com has the best selection and about the lowest prices. Only problem is that it's a little more of a hassle.

BUT - I was able to order a set of 4 tires, have them dropped shipped at a local shop (recommended through tirerack's website), and installed for way lower than any chain tire place. Since they're in Indiana, you pay no tax, and shipping is about $32 for one or two day UPS.

EDIT - just noticed you needed the tire tonight, so obviously this won't do. Getting one tire locally won't be too bad - it's all going to depend on what type of tire you need/want.

JustTires or NTB is probably the way to go. Don't go to Sears at Woodfield tho - those pukes lost my lug key.

#5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys! It looks like Sears is the place, though. They have the best price and can take care of me on short notice. I've had Sears do tires for me many times before without any problems other than mounting through them is too damn expensive. Now, Sam's club, on the other hand, NEVER go there. They forgot to screw on the lug nuts and lost a wheel test driving it in the parking lot. I arrived just as they were trying to hide it and running around the parking lot looking for the missing lug nuts. That cost them $1400 plus the free tires :) and although there was damage it was completely hidden - never had it fixed and you'd never notice.

#6 ·
Check out this thread you will quickly find what youa re looking for. Say Hi to Eric for me.

#8 ·
Jschaffer said:
I was wondering why my car suddenly started to handle like shit :bangin - found a broken belt right on the tread which formed a big lump. I need to find a pair of tires 205/75-15 before I make my way up to Milwaukee tonight. Who has the best tire deals out there? Somewhere around Shaumburg would rock as it's close to where I work.
talk to welepro on this board he will hook you up .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.