Why may I ask.... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
The first Tico here!

Sportbike: 2000 Suzuki SV650
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: Word of Mouf!

Send a message via AIM to javio1
Why may I ask....

....do riders continue to make it harder for the rest of us? I was going to Woodfield yesterday and as I was getting off onto Woodfield road I saw two bikes in my mirror. So, I am already aware that they are behind me,but instead of cutting around me on the left, they cutt around me on the right shoulder of the offramp. Then, they cut across the four lanes of traffic to get on the right lane. As if SOW was going to dissapear if they didn't go as fast and as wrecklessly as possible.Then later that night, i was going down Fullerton in the city. As I was stopped at a red light, I notice another couple of bikes weaseling their way around the right side. As the traffic started moving with the green light, they punched their bikes and barely made it in between the moving traffic and parked car. WTF? These guys must want to get hurt and drive our insurance rates up. Then they wonder why so many are already getting hurt or killed. Dumbasses.

People take these things too seriously!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:55 PM

Sportbike: CURRENTLY LOOKING
Years Riding: since I was 8
How you found us: The NET is MINE

I really hope that last summer does not foreshadow what will happen this year. It was horrible to hear about sooo many deaths and it seems like this year its starting earlier.

Logtar - John

My Blog - @Logtar - Google+
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:00 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

its inevidable...its a maturation process that just takes longer in some folks than others.
It will never go away so just get used to it..dont let it get you down and live life to the fullest.

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javio1
....do riders continue to make it harder for the rest of us?
Actually its simple. They are fucking morons. The results of the "do what feels good" mentality. Honestly I really dont care anymore if they end up road pizza. Ride like a fuctard in front of me and they get taken out I most like will ride by laughing my ass off while they just bleed. I am so sick of the crap many of these riders cause I would sign a petition to ban sportbikes from street use now if one was circulating. I've had enough of being harrassed by the police, neighbors (theres a couple of asshats drag racing 1 street over at 11pm or so every weekend now ) and the general driving public because of fooking morons riding like complete idiots.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob
I am so sick of the crap many of these riders cause I would sign a petition to ban sportbikes from street use now if one was circulating.

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Lovin this Twin

Sportbike: 05 SV1000S, Wide Glide, DR350
Years Riding: 1/2 hour then it rained
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooligan
yall let to much bother ya...geez.

This is gonna hurt!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 07:17 PM

Quote:
As I was stopped at a red light, I notice another couple of bikes weaseling their way around the right side. As the traffic started moving with the green light, they punched their bikes and barely made it in between the moving traffic and parked car. WTF? These guys must want to get hurt and drive our insurance rates up. Then they wonder why so many are already getting hurt or killed. Dumbasses.
You need to change your signature, for example exchange the word "People" with "I".

If you prefer standing in long lines of traffic all geared up on a humid summer day instead of lanesplitting, feel free. Count me out. The advantages of bikes in (city) traffic are the size, speed and agility, and I like to make use of that. Obviously, I didn't see this particular incident, so it may very well have been both risky and annoying to others, but in general, reasonable lanesplitting is fair. Not necessarily legal, but that applies to many things most of us do on bikes all the time.

oh, every ride that I do WRECKLESS is a good one.

(edited to fix quote)

Last edited by cfig; 04-11-2005 at 08:06 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 07:40 PM
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
As a person who isn't a rider, I see this a lot. I have to remember that not all rifers are like this. I come one here and I see you guys and I wish people would come on here and see how driving safe is fun too. Driving like an ass isn't cool, people right away judge and then think all rigers are like that.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 07:57 PM

Quote:

Yes, I love wreckless driving too.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 07:55 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

I would think it is safe to say that for every 10 reckless squids, there is one experienced in control (not meaning SLOW) rider. Not defending anyone cause I am probably the slowest rider on the board, but when I was younger, I wasnt, I rode it like I stole it, but I was in control.....what may have looked "dangerous" to a spectator really wasnt as I was not riding beyond my means.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 12:36 PM

Sportbike: 2004 YZF-R6 (red), 2000 Bandit 600 (red), 2008 Night Train (black denim)
Years Riding: About a 5 years
How you found us: internet

I like to juke my way through traffic, but I'm not wreckless. Its only wreckless if i cause you to hit the brakes.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
The first Tico here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfig
You need to change your signature, for example exchange the word "People" with "I".

If you prefer standing in long lines of traffic all geared up on a humid summer day instead of lanesplitting, feel free. Count me out. The advantages of bikes in (city) traffic are the size, speed and agility, and I like to make use of that. Obviously, I didn't see this particular incident, so it may very well have been both risky and annoying to others, but in general, reasonable lanesplitting is fair. Not necessarily legal, but that applies to many things most of us do on bikes all the time.

(edited to fix quote)
Well, if you like to ride like that, then that's your thing. I prefer to keep my chances of getting hurt low, not increase them by riding like an ass. You don't like getting hot and sweaty waiting in traffic, neither do I. But, I would rather be hot and sweaty than bloody and in pain on the hot asphalt. I guess you have alot of money for insurance, because it probably isn't cheap. Just one incident and that's it. Plus it makes it worse for the rest of us. If you want to ride like an ass, go ahead. But when you (not necessarily you) put me and my family, of which I had my wife and kids in the car with me that day, in danger, that's not cool. It's just like with drunk drivers, it's not the idiot who gets hurt, it's the unsuspecting pedestrian or other driver or passenger. How many times have we read about a bike going down due to foolishness and the rider is hurt but the passenger bites it. That's just my opinion, you want to ride fast and wreckless, that's your business. But, don't expect sympathy if anything ever happens due to that fact.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 02:31 PM

Quote:
you want to ride fast and wreckless, that's your business.
I think this applies to most if not all riders on this site. Good luck on advocating your "ride slow and wreck" strategy.

Obviously lanesplitting is more dangerous than standing in line, but it will take a significant amount of bad luck before a 3rd party gets hurt because of my riding. While I agree that there are certainly enough riders out there with questionable judgement, I don't think you would consider me one of them if you saw me ride.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
The first Tico here!

Well, in my post I specifically said that I was not pointing it towards you. It seems to me that you are getting pissed off at my opinion. I must have hit a nerve or something with my topic. But hey, ride the way you want, may the powers that be keep watch over you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode