The second I get back to work..... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

The second I get back to work.....

...this piece of shit dodge is gone. Never going to buy one again. I never had this much problem even with my old GMC which was basically "repair every month". But at least I could GET TO THE PROBLEM EASILY on that truck unlike DOdges brilliant designing a vehicle that you need special tooks to get a fucking fan clutch off the water pump. Yup you guessed it, water pump decided to take a shit today. Well the pulley actually broke off the WELD on the waterpump shaft. granted its an aftermarket pump, but still now you have to fight with that damn pos mounting setup on teh freaking shaft.

I'm just gonna go back to buying old trucks. At least you can repair them without buying a bunch of oddball tools or without having to go to the 5star () dodge dealer here that is full of freaking retarded techs (they mak DGY techs look like they are geniouses just to give you an idea).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 06:29 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob
granted its an aftermarket pump, but still now you have to fight with that damn pos mounting setup on teh freaking shaft.

I'm just gonna go back to buying old trucks. At least you can repair them without buying a bunch of oddball tools or without having to go to the 5star () dodge dealer here that is full of freaking retarded techs
well first off thats what you get with one of those Auto Zone aftermarket pumps.. they really are pieces of crap...

as for that "special tool" i have done prolly 10-15 waterpumps without using that tool, then i did finally buy one, so if you want to barrow it i would be more than willing to give it to ya, it makes the job alot easier.

well back to my job at your local 5 star service center..

p.s. how much you want for the truck?

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Cuddlie as a koala

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparBoyy
well first off thats what you get with one of those Auto Zone aftermarket pumps.. they really are pieces of crap...

as for that "special tool" i have done prolly 10-15 waterpumps without using that tool, then i did finally buy one, so if you want to barrow it i would be more than willing to give it to ya, it makes the job alot easier.

well back to my job at your local 5 star service center..

p.s. how much you want for the truck?
Really wasnt an option when I got the pump (this is one part I prefer OEM BTW). The dealer here didnt have one in stock and I needed the truck running by morning. AZ had one in stock. I dont think you work for the Dodge dealer here. Trust me if you had to deal with these guys you'd probably get a sour taste. Sad thing is the old Dodge dealer here (Wells) had a great service and parts dept before Hembrough Group bought it.

But lists of fixes....
*HEater core (have a new one, just need to install it and see what cause the current one to fail and maybe modify the box).
*Water pump (really a simple thing to do, after the fan clutch comes off)
*Power steering pump leak (either pump seal or the lines since it seems to originate from under the pump)
*tires (on wear bars)
*repaint the front bumper (peeled) and top of the tailgate (shell seal rubbed the paint to the primer). Not a big deal until I sell it
*might need a new cat (100K miles about normal)
*center SRS sensor under the dash might be shot after getting soaked in coolent after the core blew again Replace when I do the core)

If you were closer I would love to borrow that tool, but I wont ask you to drive to here. I might be able to take it off with a wrench since when I replaced the fan clutch I didnt use the tool to tighten it. It might be just loose enough to do it at home. Problem is theres no bolts holding the pulley to the pump like an OEM one (which is more than likely the problem).
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 11:50 PM

I just replaced the pump on my 93(168k on the original= F'ng awesome.) ....let go as I pulled in the garage about 6 weeks ago. Didn't need no special tools, just a big honkin' wrench(1 3/8") for the nut on the fan clutch and a pry bar between the pulley bolts......getting to said nuts and bolts.......PITA!!!!!!! gotta remove the compressor, brackets etc just to see the waterpump.

I hope you did the thermostat while you were in there.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Cuddlie as a koala

Quote:
Originally Posted by taziscool
I just replaced the pump on my 93(168k on the original= F'ng awesome.) ....let go as I pulled in the garage about 6 weeks ago. Didn't need no special tools, just a big honkin' wrench(1 3/8") for the nut on the fan clutch and a pry bar between the pulley bolts......getting to said nuts and bolts.......PITA!!!!!!! gotta remove the compressor, brackets etc just to see the waterpump.

Always. Its a habit. Although I changed it when the upper hose was replaced before I got the boot.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 08:09 AM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by taziscool

the newer style pumps don't have those bolts on there that you can stick a pry bar in, it would make it alot easier if they did.

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 10:09 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Dayum! I just had my water pump go out on my pickup a couple weeks ago! 94 CHEVY with 150K miles.. Took all of 1hr and 20 minutes! Thats travel time to pick up a new pump included

You are right...they DEFINITLY do not make them like the old ones as far as space goes.

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode