The Amityville Horror True or fake? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
The Amityville Horror True or fake?

We saw the new re-make last night and it wasn't bad. People think it's true and others fake. I just want to know what you all thought. I think it's all fake, but that's my view. I found this web site and it was very interseting and here are a few quotes for the site:

"One of those was a paranormal investigator from New York named Dr. Stephen Kaplan. George Lutz had approached him in early 1976 about conducting an investigation of the house on Ocean Avenue. At that time, Kaplan was the executive director of the Parapsychology Institute of America, based on Long Island. He received a phone call from Lutz on February 16 and wanted the society to investigate the house for supernatural activity. He asked about a fee for the group’s services and Kaplan told him that they did not charge for the investigation but that “if the story is a hoax...the public will know”. A few days later, Lutz called and cancelled the investigation. He claimed that he and his wife did not want any publicity about the house. This may have been why the Channel 5 news story came as such a surprise to Kaplan and his colleagues a few days later!

"Kaplan had discovered that the “Amityville Horror” was pure invention. In 1979, a lawyer named William Weber confessed to his part in the hoax during a paranormal radio show hosted by author Joel Martin. Weber had been the lawyer for convicted killer Ronald DeFeo and he admitted that he and George Lutz had concocted the story of the haunting over a few bottles of wine. Weber’s motive was to get a new trial for DeFeo, using a “Devil made him do it” defense. According to Weber, Lutz merely wanted to get out from under a mortgage that he couldn’t afford. His business was in trouble and he needed a scheme to bail him out."

More Info: http://www.prairieghosts.com/amityville.html

Another site I found: http://www.castleofspirits.com/amityvillehorror2.html

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!

Last edited by Jimbo; 04-16-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

There are people who still say the WTC attack was faked.

Did the Lutz's experience phenomenon in the house? I say yes.
Were they driven from the house? Probably

Did the book and movie embelish a bit on the story? Definately.

BUt some people seem to have to try to disprove evertthing constantly. From the moon landing, to the WTC to the Amityville Horror, to the possibility of life on other planets

Are there supernatural activitiees out there? Yes.
Are there things that just cannot be explained by current scientific levels? Yes
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 01:50 PM

Richard told the truth!

It's true cause Richard Pryor couldn't come up with material for it if it wasn't. Everybody knows the line "Get out!" lol
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 02:00 PM

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob
There are people who still say the WTC attack was faked.
O don't think anyone says it's fake but some believe it was a huge conspiracy.

Quote:
BUt some people seem to have to try to disprove evertthing constantly. From the moon landing, to the WTC to the Amityville Horror, to the possibility of life on other planets
I hope you're not asking us to believe that trying to disprove the moon landing or WTC is the same as disproving the Amityville Horror.

Dave
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Dave there are people who try to disprove every little thing. I know somoene who still claims all street cars are speed limited to 126mph because thats as fast as his car goes.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 01:10 AM

i posted this topic a while back when they were filming the movie. They filmed the movie someplace in Illinois. I forgot what the town was but it was up north.

I believe the actual incident of the murders is real. But for me believing in the supernatural is a different incidence.

there is a website that i have marked on my other computer about a guy who proves the 2nd home owners were scammers.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Fat guy on a sport bike

Sportbike: Schwinn
Years Riding: 7 minutes and 52 seconds
How you found us: ask.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob
Dave there are people who try to disprove every little thing. I know somoene who still claims all street cars are speed limited to 126mph because thats as fast as his car goes.
that guy is a fool. everyone knows that street cars are limited to 99, cuz thats how fast my truck goes...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode