Is Mayor Daley America's best mayor? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2004 YZF-R6 (red), 2000 Bandit 600 (red), 2008 Night Train (black denim)
Years Riding: About a 5 years
How you found us: internet

Is Mayor Daley America's best mayor?

We'll find out soon enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 04:52 AM

Explanation?
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2004 YZF-R6 (red), 2000 Bandit 600 (red), 2008 Night Train (black denim)
Years Riding: About a 5 years
How you found us: internet

I think its News Week who's doing the story about who's the best mayor in the U.S. Fox tv was asking chicago people what they though. It'll be anounced in a few days.
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:43 AM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Wait until Tony sees this thread. No offense, Shiny. Tony just has a special place in his heart for junior Daley.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 04-18-2005 at 05:45 AM.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny R6
Is Mayor Daley America's best mayor?
no, he is not.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Bring it on!!!!

Sportbike: Honda F6B
Years Riding: Since 98
How you found us: Friend, Motobeagle-RIP

Yeah, and The D.C. Sniper deserves Most Devoted U.S. Citizen Award and since were handing out awards we can give M. Jackson the Big Brother Award, 50 Cent the most Original MC award, Jose Canseco the Best Sportsmanship Award and we can't forget giving G. Bush the Nobel Peace Prize.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:06 AM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

hes done a good job cleaning up the city I think. I was in Detroit a few days ago..what an armpit of America.
Political views...??? Not so agreeable

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weelpilot
hes done a good job cleaning up the city I think.
Yeah, and Hitler and Muscolinni made the trains run on time.

My battlecry will always be, "Remember Meigs Field.".

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
He comes in number 5. I still hate him. ut i have to give him credit, it usually takes being in organized crime to be as powerfull as he is. Oh wait, he IS organized crime.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Nah, he isn't so bad. His dad was much more organized.

Just think how messed up Chicago would be if some Republican got in there and tried to "fix" it...

Chicago is a GREAT city and in a major way it's due to the Daley machine.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I agree daley has done some great stuff for the city, those planters are very nice.

But his theory of tax everyone till they bleed is killing the city and his like minded buddy in springfield is killing this state. The recesion is going away in all the other states but its growing in IL. due to thier policys, companies refuse to come here and love to leave.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Grammaton Cleric

Sportbike: 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
Years Riding: Since 07-01-2001
How you found us: Google, I believe

Send a message via AIM to MrBusa Send a message via Yahoo to MrBusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
I agree daley has done some great stuff for the city, those planters are very nice.

But his theory of tax everyone till they bleed is killing the city and his like minded buddy in springfield is killing this state. The recesion is going away in all the other states but its growing in IL. due to thier policys, companies refuse to come here and love to leave.
I agree with you on this one Tony. This state has become one of the worst state's to do business in. Ask the transportation industry how anti- friendly IL has become. Also, one thing that is not being reported by the local media is how difficult it has become to attempt to emerge from the last economic slowdown. In the past, Midwest states typically are the last to be hit by an economic slowdown and first to emerge from one. This is due to the economic and industrial diversity that Midwest states tend to have. This has not been the case this last go around. For instance, IL's current unemployment is higher than the national average. This state has simply become less pro-business as compared to other states in the Union and to some degree I blame Daley and Rod for this. Rod has never met a tax hike he did not like. Same goes for Daley.

-- Matthew --

"I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the Universe" - Jango Fett
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRoll
Yeah, and Hitler and Muscolinni made the trains run on time.
not sure where youre going with the analogy
are you not agreeable that the city is cleaner than it has been in years?

Mike

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:39 PM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

April 30th is coming up soon. That means license plates are up on our vehicles. My boss is writing a check in the neighborhood of $500,000. For friggen license plates! That's just for the tractors (100 @ $5000ish ea) the trailers are apportioned out of Maine.

Rod

Fuckers are gonna put us all out of business
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:54 PM

am I reading that correctly? a 1/2 million??

Mike

post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:55 PM

Quote:
are you not agreeable that the city is cleaner than it has been in years?
The city was way cleaner when I was a kid. On our street in Brighton Park, the folks that lived there used to wash the street in front of each one of their houses. We used to play on those streets. There wasn't even any oil where the cars parked. The city still looks like a ghetto compared to back then. IMHO, all the fancy planters in the world won't make up for the crust of slime he's left on Chicago. That's for the mayor BTW, not you. It's organized crime no matter how you slice it.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:57 PM

Quote:
?
The analogy is that too many are willing to overlook the greater BAD for the lesser good.

post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Curb your dogma.

Sportbike: another Honda:)
Years Riding: little while now....
How you found us: BusaDave

Daley is one of the best arguments I have ever seen FOR term limits. Just my .02
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 06:02 PM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

Tempoary hijacking

That's right $5000 per.

2 years ago they had a huge increase, and said that they wouldn't have to pay the increase the first year for renewals. They lied. It showed up on the next years bill, to the tune of $7500 per unit total.

On top of that, fuel prices are killing this industry. It kills the small fleets with 10 or fewer power units. Every .10 increase in fuel prices put 1000 fleets of 10 or fewer out of business. What will eventually happen is the only people that will be able to be profitable will be HUGE companies, and they will start (eventually) to jack up their prices and then whammo, big time inflation for consumable goods because of the cost of transportation.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 06:36 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in

^^ that is messed up

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 01:08 AM
This show is 'Rated NC17'

Sportbike: Honda's & Yamaha's
Years Riding: Late 80's
How you found us: CLSB found me!

From Meigs Field to his crap on gun ownership to EVERYTHING else, he is a turd. He's one of the worst. "Worst Mayor?" Yeah! And general human too. In this great country, he is on of the few people I truly hate. . .

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. ~ Buddha
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 02:14 AM

me being a small time pilot. the meigs field thing totally pissed me off. He was after that piece of property for years. Even before the terrorist scare. He used 911 for an excuse to ruin a neat airport. And which is futured in microsofts flight simulator.

He spent 10000000000000000000 dollars on some park. While all the kids in the ghetto are having to bus 10 miles away because they are closing all the schools due to lack of money.

and theres always a new scandel every year.

his huge hike in taxes on everything.

Chicago being clean. PST. go in the suburbs its just as messy. People love to throw crap out their windows. No one "cares"

the mayor wants to build another airport. WTF? so his brother can make money on contracts?

the best mayor. It was that black one that died of a heart attack. washington? i believe
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 07:03 AM

elderly ninja hit it right on the head...but i'll qualify my agreement as to harold being the best mayor of recent times...
...and another thing, king dickie is continually hard on the unions of "his kingdom" (more $ for health care, prescriptions and long overdrawn contract negotiations, etc.), the very people who make him look so good to the "outside" world, while as was pointed out, his fat cat buddies just get fatter...but as grandma used to say "hogs get slaughtered"...the people will speak next election...
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 08:04 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolninja
me being a small time pilot. the meigs field thing totally pissed me off. He was after that piece of property for years. Even before the terrorist scare. He used 911 for an excuse to ruin a neat airport. And which is futured in microsofts flight simulator.

Being an air traffic controller what he did to Meigs pissed me off, as well. And what did the federal government do? Nothing. They just let him go in and tear up the runways and remove that bit of controlled airspace. Oh I feel so much safer. What a crock.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 09:38 AM

I don't agree with many of his political views, but he's done a lot for the city...other mayors are still trying to figure out what he's done right that they can't do. We don't have it as bad as LA or Detroit. For starters the public schools are running much better compared to how they used to be, corporations like him, his legacy will be that he created public parks and beaches from north to south non-stop. He's the type that if he's going somewhere in his car and sees a street light or traffic signal out...he'll call the appropriate department himself and tell them to fix it. As much as I love to knock him on his unrealistic view points on guns, I can't say anything bad about him actually running the city. I doubt there are many mayors who could do better, and I doubt Chicago would be as nice of a place if he weren't around.
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Bring it on!!!!

Sportbike: Honda F6B
Years Riding: Since 98
How you found us: Friend, Motobeagle-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGY
I don't agree with many of his political views, but he's done a lot for the city...other mayors are still trying to figure out what he's done right that they can't do. We don't have it as bad as LA or Detroit. For starters the public schools are running much better compared to how they used to be, corporations like him, his legacy will be that he created public parks and beaches from north to south non-stop. He's the type that if he's going somewhere in his car and sees a street light or traffic signal out...he'll call the appropriate department himself and tell them to fix it. As much as I love to knock him on his unrealistic view points on guns, I can't say anything bad about him actually running the city. I doubt there are many mayors who could do better, and I doubt Chicago would be as nice of a place if he weren't around.
People make the city not the mayor, you think he has anything to do with the wealth in this city. He inherited a pot of gold. The city really isn't that clean, the only reason you see street sweepers is so they have an excuse to write tickets. Its amazing that we put up with his shit, for some reason people believe he's not involed in corruption.
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
Are you kidding me? The planters on Wacker Drive made it nearly impossible to walk from Union Station to the Merchandise Mart after a snow.

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Not too Slow Not too Fast

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Falco
Years Riding: Too many
How you found us: ApriliaForum.com

Send a message via Yahoo to RSVMillenian
Mayor Daley is nothing but a hastler. Everytime something comes up in his office, by the people he appointed he pretends that he had no idea. And money pures in into his and his affiliates campaigns funds. How does a person, convicted felon, gang member, gets a city job. His administration is full of people with questionable past.
He is projecting that O'Hare expansion will create 100K jobs and cost only 4billion to built. FAA said it will cost over 14 billions and they want be able to increase the number of flights as much as they say due to the close proximity of Rockford, Milwaukee, Midway and Gary airports. In order to add as amny flights as the city is claiming they will have to close some of those airports. Air space is almost saturated as we speak. Mayor Daley is the only mayor that can appoint city council memebrs and aldermans, most of them were appointed by him anyway. This giuy has way to much power. And all this BS about how great his father was. Noone is mentioning how crooked and how mob connected he was and how they fixed JFK election and if they did that one you know they did many other ones. Once Daley is gone, and he will rule until he dies, because if he ever gets kicked out their will be a federal investigation so he has no choice but to rein until he is dead, we wil learn a lot more about the BS going on in the city. We all know why people percieve Chicago as a corrupted city, because it is true.
I have to give him credit for making the city nicer, but what about school and laying of teachers when we know we have a shortage? What about Millenium park, projected cost 400 Million, true cost over a $1 billion. Meigs Filed, Mckormick place, Navy Pier (his former bodygards heva the security contract for Navy Pier, they resigned only after it was made public that they work for him, they also had the baggage handlers contracts at both airports before Feds came in), Soldiers Field. Instead of trying to resolve the issue of traffic congestions thru the city, he is building a park at the Northely Island that will bear his name. What is next a Monument to his majesty Richard Daley in the Grant Park? Gimme a break, that guy is as crooked as Gotti but much smarter.

Dejan
CCS very very Amateur #144
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 11:23 AM

Chicondo

There are two Chicagos. If you have money, you'll see a clean Chicago. If you have no money you'll see a poor Chicago. Citizens of the city did not vote for this crap! It's 2 routes into the city. Think about it. lol

Are you guys kidding me with he's done some nice things to the city?! Must be folks that don't live here mentioning that. Maybe just passing thru? This bitch of a mayor has made living here one of the hardest things in life. Property taxes, Hell taxes in general on everything he's raised. He's made every escape a charge. There is now no where on the lakefront you can go without having to pay. The lakefront was suppose to be for the people. To get away from the grime of the city. Yeah, pay!

And let's not forget the good ol' gentrification. I notice NOBODY MENTION THAT. It's not just a downtown thing. Don't forget howl big Chicago really is. IT'S FREAKIN' HUGE!!! With that in mind he's knocked out every source for those not able to make a life. Or those that are looking into that good ol American dream. Sure, no one wants drugs and crime. I'm not against cleaning that up. But spare me he's done a good job. He's made it so expensive to just LIVE in the city you have to run to the burbs. The burbs used to be the expensive place to live. On average a studio is going into the $700 range. For a studio!!!! Apartments converted to some stupid condo (which are still apartments people c'mon) and you have to pay on minimum $250,000 for a freakin' 1 bedroom! I can't go downtown to just hang out cause it's too expensive. Every business down there is passing their pain of taxes onto the customer. Eat and drink before you go is what I do now. CTA is about to make life harder too and he didn't do jack to help with that. And I don't give a damn about a chrome peanut in the middle of downtown! One of his main cares is for tourism, contracts and building a secret empire.

THE BEST MAYOR THIS CITY HAS HAD WAS THE LATE GREAT HAROLD WASHINGTON.

The man basically looked at humans, people and said this is right and this is wrong. He didn't get all political and it was refreshing. I'm not hung up on the race as much as I am the person. The man just gave a damn.

Gangsta Daley basically knows the blue blood and rich folks won't let him go. They got the great real estate of all the projects in this city. All that's left are the few around Cermak. The Dan Ryan is only getting fixed because of the condos that are about the come. There's no help for people, just kick em' out. And don't care? Well guess what, gentrification means they have to go somewhere else. And all of you that live in suburbs be prepared to move further away if you're all worried. Cause that's where people are being pushed. And suburbans are now coming back to the city. Now that they can get their hands on that prime real estate the jets held on to.

SUMMARY - DALEY IS A PUNK, JOKE, NO NECK, SPINELESS, WANNABE HARD, ONE HAND IN HIS POCKET WHILE THE OTHER IN YOURS, LYING, MANIPULATING, GOT MINE, STAY AWAY FROM MINE, SELFISH, RAPER OF THE LAND, BITCH!

(whew, I'm tired )

Last edited by Loki_D_Wolf; 04-19-2005 at 11:34 AM.
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 11:35 AM

He decriminalized marijuana, he is OK with me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode