Calling all pilots - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Calling all pilots

Noticed in posts from time to time that there's folks on here that fly. Care to share where you fly out of and what you fly? Anyone interested in splitting some hours? Now that I have a mortgage, it'd be nicer to cut the flying bill a bit. My info...I used to fly out of Palwaukee and now get a better rate over at Schaumburg (06C). For the most part most of my hours have been logged in a 172, however I recently got checked out in a Diamond Eclipse. Fun little plane to fly, but not very practical...the 172 might be slower and heavier, but I like it's practicality much better. Oh and you air traffic control guys can jump in too since you're our eyes on the ground
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 09:56 AM

Sportbike: None for now
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: google

Good timing - I just PM'ed Chills about his air traffic controller experience. My sister is actually waiting on the FAA waitlist to get a position after getting a degree in it from UND. She's also got her private pilot's license w/ instrument rating. For her birthday I was going to rent some time in a 172 for her - if anyone knows a good place to deal with, let me know! A few years ago we went to a place at DuPage airport but I can't remember the name.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Formerly Known as Justaguy

Sportbike: YZF
Years Riding: next question
How you found us: you found me

Send a message via MSN to Medwin Send a message via Skype™ to Medwin
I fly out of O'hare, E145/140 aircraft and I love to fly C172 again but it will be interesting, it's been a while since I've seen one. If you want a really cheap rate go to LuamanAir at ARR, PM me if you want their phone number. I used to work there as a flight instructor 10 years ago.

Last edited by Medwin; 04-19-2005 at 10:13 AM.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

I am a CFII SMEL. (Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane Single & Multi-Engine Land)

I've been flying now for 32 years.

Years ago I flew part-time as a charter pilot for Mike Ditka. (right after the Superbowl season)

I have competed in the International Aerobatic Club contests in the area.

I have owned a Cessna 150, a Piper PA-24-180 Comanche and currently own a Pitts S2A.

The Pitts is a two seat fully aerobatic biplane. I have it hangered at the Greater Kankakee Airport.

Hi, my name is SloRoll and I am a "G" aholic.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 10:26 AM

Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .

Not a pilot (yet anyways) but my dad (he's IFR/Commercial/CFI rated) has a Mooney M20J (201) and is working on a KR2 kitplane (about 50% complete) based @ poplar grove.

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

ARR? That would be nice I'm sure...however the drive out there would probably make the costs not worth it

Hoezx...For the best rates (and believe me I've searched high and low) and I came up with two places that are reasonable. Northwest Aviation at 06C which is where I fly from currently, runs their 172's for $89 an hour I think...they have massive selection of aircraft and good availability. Another good spot is Airway Flight Services out of PWK. Best rates and no contracts needed.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 11:19 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Ahhh, a bunch of pilots. I see I'm gonna have to keep you guys from running into each other.

I'm an air traffic controller. I learned it and worked ATC in the army for many years. I worked everything from tactical ATC to the busiest place in the army, Cairns AAF. I love the job, and though right now I'm an air traffic analyst at Orbitz.com, I'm hoping the FAA will give me a call to go work in a facility.

Pilots crack me up. You guys say the funniest things.... the stories I have from working at the army's flight training center...

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRoll

The Pitts is a two seat fully aerobatic biplane. I have it hangered at the Greater Kankakee Airport.

Hi, my name is SloRoll and I am a "G" aholic.

is that the airport that only has a grass landing field? If it was, then i think you were the guy handing out rides in your airplane maybe 10 years ago for CAP cadets?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode