Treo 650 - Any One Have This Phone? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
I Went All In

Sportbike: 2005 BMW K1200S
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Search Engine

Send a message via AIM to Kaos968 Send a message via Yahoo to Kaos968
Treo 650 - Any One Have This Phone?

I picked this little beaut up a few months back and use it for EVERYTHING...wondering if anyone else is using this great tool...

Kaos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 01:02 PM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
I have the 600, works ok, but i'm too download happy and i get some bogus applications. One time i d/l'd 1 and it kept resetting on me, and yesterday, i downloaded a Stopwatch app and it kept resetting it also. Go to www.mytreo.net and they've got a crapload of programs to get, but make sure to read what the people say about the program before d/l'ing. Programs i use are:

Direct Assist / Good to have when looking for addresses, directions etc.

Key Caps / Instead of pressing the shift button, all's you gotta do is double tap or hold down a desired a key and voila!

LEDOFF / Does one thing, turns off the flashing light to conserve energy (Only usefull if you seem to use the phone a lot and waste a lot of battery energy)

Profeo LightControl / Turns off the keyboard light and backlight when during the day, when not in use, and vice versa for night (Again, only good for conserving battery)

Profeo SystemsAlert / Use this program to alert you of low bat, amount of space left for SD card or phone. Also has an alert if you inadvertantly remove the SD card.(Cool feature. Happens a lot when wearing tight pants and happen to push on accident. )

Ptunes / MP3 player, cool app. (If you download this, i can give you the registration code and username, so it'll be free)

TreoAlarm / Set up 8 different alarms, also has a cool feature when you can check out the weather, quicker than launching the web browser

Xiino / replaces the stock web browser the phone came with, a lot quicker too! (I also have the reg and username code for this if you want it, so it'll be free.)

I wanted to upgrade to the 650 but it looks too complicated for me. I had just gotten the 600 a few months ago, so i'm still learning, and upgrading now would be useless. Also, the only actual thing i like about the 650 is the superb camera, other than that, they're all the same. Have fun fellow Treonaut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
I Went All In

I have most of those apps, except for the web-brower, which I just may hit u up on...u should also check out www.shadowmite.com for custom ROMS that help make the phone a little smoother...I think most are for the Sprint CDMA phones.

Also, I use www.shoutcast.com for streaming stations into PTunes...works great and I get very few drops around the city and collar counties.

Treonauts...Unite...

Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR
I have the 600, works ok, but i'm too download happy and i get some bogus applications. One time i d/l'd 1 and it kept resetting on me, and yesterday, i downloaded a Stopwatch app and it kept resetting it also. Go to www.mytreo.net and they've got a crapload of programs to get, but make sure to read what the people say about the program before d/l'ing. Programs i use are:

Direct Assist / Good to have when looking for addresses, directions etc.

Key Caps / Instead of pressing the shift button, all's you gotta do is double tap or hold down a desired a key and voila!

LEDOFF / Does one thing, turns off the flashing light to conserve energy (Only usefull if you seem to use the phone a lot and waste a lot of battery energy)

Profeo LightControl / Turns off the keyboard light and backlight when during the day, when not in use, and vice versa for night (Again, only good for conserving battery)

Profeo SystemsAlert / Use this program to alert you of low bat, amount of space left for SD card or phone. Also has an alert if you inadvertantly remove the SD card.(Cool feature. Happens a lot when wearing tight pants and happen to push on accident. )

Ptunes / MP3 player, cool app. (If you download this, i can give you the registration code and username, so it'll be free)

TreoAlarm / Set up 8 different alarms, also has a cool feature when you can check out the weather, quicker than launching the web browser

Xiino / replaces the stock web browser the phone came with, a lot quicker too! (I also have the reg and username code for this if you want it, so it'll be free.)

I wanted to upgrade to the 650 but it looks too complicated for me. I had just gotten the 600 a few months ago, so i'm still learning, and upgrading now would be useless. Also, the only actual thing i like about the 650 is the superb camera, other than that, they're all the same. Have fun fellow Treonaut!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
I Went All In

Also as a side note, I have converted DVD's to play on the Treo 650...

Here is a long yet informative discussion to watching movies on the phone...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&page=4&pp=20

Kaos
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 01:37 PM
B.O.B

What? You can watch DVD's on your phone?!?! That's awesome!! I actually wouldn't want to watch any DVD's, have you seen the quality of pictures off of a 600? It SUCKS!! And i thought i knew more than you and here you are talking about ROM's. I don't even know what that is. Question for you, have you found any programs that somewhat act as a navigation device? That would be super handy while riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G

Quote:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
I Went All In

Like any converted file, u have to take some hit in quality with todays software.
I know there are GPS crap for the phone $$$...check out maps.google.com on the broswer and see if u can key in approx address and it will center the map for u.

Also, one other goodie is Koss Ear-bud headphone...in the ear canal headphones kills most ambient sound and has great bass...or my favorite for non-riding days...Bose Noise cancelling...sweet.

Kaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR
What? You can watch DVD's on your phone?!?! That's awesome!! I actually wouldn't want to watch any DVD's, have you seen the quality of pictures off of a 600? It SUCKS!! And i thought i knew more than you and here you are talking about ROM's. I don't even know what that is. Question for you, have you found any programs that somewhat act as a navigation device? That would be super handy while riding.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:08 PM
B.O.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah968
Like any converted file, u have to take some hit in quality with todays software.
I know there are GPS crap for the phone $$$...check out maps.google.com on the broswer and see if u can key in approx address and it will center the map for u.

Also, one other goodie is Koss Ear-bud headphone...in the ear canal headphones kills most ambient sound and has great bass...or my favorite for non-riding days...Bose Noise cancelling...sweet.

Kaos...
Cool. You use this while riding? I tried it with my other phone and felt it was too unsafe, plus, with the new pipe on my RR, i can't hear diddly, not even the little voices in my head. Thanks for the tips, glad to know i'm not the only n3rd that's constantly mingling with the phone. My gf kicked me out of bed due to this phone. PM with any new programs or tricks! Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode