Idiot Cager of the Day - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Idiot Cager of the Day

so I am on my way to work, following this big red neck, lifted truck thru traffic and around a right hand turn. We both want to make a left turn at the next light and hit a bit of stop and go traffic. Out of no where, this idiot in a jeep wrangler pulls up about 2 inches behind my bike. I turned around and held up my arms like WTF?!

So traffic starts moving and it takes me a second to get back on the clutch and this pisses the guy off in the wrangler so he slams on the gas pedal, bunny hops his tires, and almost skids into me. NOW I'M PISSED. After we turn, I pull up next to him at a red light and get into a bit of an altercation with him.

This is the clean versin because every other word out of my mouth was a swear.

Me: You're a real f*cking hero d*[email protected]
Him: I OWN bikes and that's not how you drive, swerving in and out of cars.
Me: Obviously you don't RIDE them, otherwise you'd know it's called changing lanes f*cko

so before I acted any more childish and really got into a screaming match with this idiot (cuz I wanted to pull him out of his car and ), the big burly guy in the truck I was following (who was still in front of me) rolls down his window and yells (in the best Larry the Cable Guy, get er done voice) LEAVE ER ALONE!

He yelled that like 3 times and it made the guy in the wrangler shut up real quick, the light turned green, and the wrangle idiot stayed about a mile behind me till he turned ha ha he must have thought that big red neck guy was with me all I could do was laugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

Yea there are some DUMBASSES out there, Just glad nothing bad happened

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
get r done!

Chris
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 10:04 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
I'm glad you didn't have to beat that Wrangler guy's ass, Meech.... though if you did you'd have to take pics and post 'em.

That was cool of Larry to yell at him. He probably skeered 'em out of his britches.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 10:12 AM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

At least my morning didn't include yelling.

At a single-lane construction (tree-trimming) zone I was creeping up to the flagger and I had already moved into the oncoming lane to go around the truck. The (cute) college-age girl decides to flip the SLOW to STOP after I'm already commited! So I stop the middle of the road next to her and I'm like "you can't turn the sign when I'm already here", so she asked me to back up. LOL

She apologized for her mistake....but I should have asked for her number haha

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 10:35 AM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Were you weaving like an idiot?

I have to ask because on more than one occassion I come across an idiot on a bike who's either swerving like a moron or forgot he's got a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gear when he's pimpin down the road at 50mph.

If I ever pulled up to one of these clowns in a cage...Id probably give them a couple words of advice.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Old bikes RULE! RIDE ONE!

Sportbike: Aspencade - sold, GSX-R 1000, GSX 600 F - sold, CB 250, DT 100 A, JR 50
Years Riding: since dirt was new and Jesus was a baby
How you found us: Doc, CherryPicker, BFree - The Paddock at Grattan Raceway

I thought it was tough almost getting run over by a woman eating a Whopper!

Glad you're okay.

Bill Taborn, Jr.

"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard..."

The first turn is the worst turn, between the left ear and the right one.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 02:25 PM

I had a cager actually stop traffic today to let me in. I couldn't believe it but I swear it actually happened! It was the nicest cager I ever seen in my life. Must have been a biker in disquise!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 02:35 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

gotta love rednecks
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 02:47 PM

i almost had the same incident but i didn't wave my arms. This was at night on the tollway. Some prick in a wrangler drives up to my ass, then eventually he changes lanes in front of me.

He starts slowing down because theres an accident on the side. : So i go to pass the mofo. He tries to block me by speeding up but his POS wrangler wasn't fast enough. I was gone and the mofo tries to catch up
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:05 PM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

Yeah well just an hour ago some guy decided he had waited too long to make a left so he just creeps out in front of me as I come curisin down the road and I almost tboned him. I was in my truck, so I layed on my horn and slammed on the brakes. His response? That little hand wave that kinda says "oh, here, I'll let you go ahead"-- LIKE IT WAS HIS RIGHT OF WAY TO GIVE UP!
Grrr.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz

I have to ask because on more than one occassion I come across an idiot on a bike who's either swerving like a moron or forgot he's got a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gear when he's pimpin down the road at 50mph.

If I ever pulled up to one of these clowns in a cage...Id probably give them a couple words of advice.
I had one of you control freaks call my plates into the State Troopers. Nothing happened, but this man followed me off the expressway and made sure to tell me he called my plates in by getting out of his SUV at the first stop light. If you come across a cycle going fast, why not just mind your own business?

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 05-04-2005 at 03:10 PM.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:11 PM

Sportbike: '04 R6
Years Riding: Months
How you found us: Friend

Its always great when there's a driver that decides he's a pace car.

Chris
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy
I had one of you control freaks call my plates into the State Troopers. Nothing happened, but this man followed me off the expressway and made sure to tell me he called my plates in by getting out of his SUV at the first stop light. If you come across a cycle going fast, why not just mind your own business?
Gettign out of his SUV to bitch up here could get you shot if he tried that with some of the HD guys I ride with.

Should had told him that you were turning him in for trying to run you off the road.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 04:03 PM

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy
I LOVE the people that simply can't mind their own business.... it's either an ass-kickin' or a broken mirror depending on whether or not they get out of there car

what's even better is when they get real close and try to take down my license plate and realize I don't have one
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Joe

Sportbike: 2007 GSX-R600, 2007 KX250F, 2004 YZ450F, 2006 CRF50
Years Riding: As long as I been ridin your mama
How you found us: Joemama

Send a message via MSN to Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIF
I LOVE the people that simply can't mind their own business.... it's either an ass-kickin' or a broken mirror depending on whether or not they get out of there car

what's even better is when they get real close and try to take down my license plate and realize I don't have one
I'm scared now, I didn't realize that there were so many rebels on the board.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 04:43 PM

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama
I'm scared now, I didn't realize that there were so many rebels on the board.

Don't worry I guess I'm kind of a "Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde"

All depends on who I'm riding with
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz
There's a difference between swerving like and idiot and making lane changes. I didn't even come close to cutting anyone off. I've been riding long enough to know EXACTLY how much space is needed to get over. Plus there are a lot of IDIOTS that make swerving in and out of traffic necessary. People who go under the speed limit in the fast lane and then all of a sudden speed up when they see someone is trying to get in front of them...then they most definitely do get cut off!

Anyways, my lane changing has nothing to do with this @sshole. This jerk wasn't even in my path, he was way behind me. It was not his place to try and "correct" my driving just because he perceived something differently than what actually happened. On top of that, him yelling at me wouldn't have pissed me off, it was him trying to be an @ss and skid into me that got me riled. He's lucky I wasn't in a "mood" this morning. My advice to people is mind your own f*cking business or get a rock thru your windshield
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills
I'm glad you didn't have to beat that Wrangler guy's ass, Meech.... though if you did you'd have to take pics and post 'em.

That was cool of Larry to yell at him. He probably skeered 'em out of his britches.
I wanted to, but then I realized how gay arguing over his road rage was...especially after Larry butted in (I couldn't stop laughing)

Now if he actually hit me...that's another story
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:50 PM

I fucking hate assholes like that. Go Larry!

My last cager experience really sucked too. Three of us had just left my house and were still one one of the little back roads when this guy in a brand new BMW started following us. He was getting really close to me, so I turned to look at him and he waved. I had no clue who he was so I just turned back around and tried to mind my own business. Like five minutes later we stopped at a light and he pulled up next to us. Then he rolled down his window, showed us an ID card saying he worked for the city of midland, and said that the next time he saw any of us on the roads, he would make sure we went to jail. We werent speeding, just out enjoying the nice weather, so it really made no sense.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode