I have to say something about the SBN situation.....(warning, it's long) - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

I have to say something about the SBN situation.....(warning, it's long)

I think a coup( pronounced coo) took place............try and follow this logic.

Fred starts a website, for him and his friends. Everyone in the world sees it and makes it a home, trying to meet new people/chat/get info.

When all is right with it, everyone pats him on the back and says "Good job, you da man!" When things aren't working right, they slap him in the face with all the STUPID complaints......which he graciuosly fixes and all's well again.

Then, for the amount of people using the site, it needs some hosting......enter one of the admins and Trick Tape (RezinYZF)......and SBN gets the boost it needs to keep on trucking. All the while, TT(here to fore used for Trick Tape) gets all this new business.....which they probably wouldn't have gotten without SBN and all it's members.(the word is advertising..........you don't get it for free)

SBN explodes exponentially, needing more upgrading in the server department........and gets it via TT(hoping to keep all those potential buyers happy) and when all is said and done, Fred is told they are gonna pull SBN off their box(some miscommunication......highly suspect!).......and SBN is no more(except that little Stint on another server which couldn't handle the 18k plus traffic load).

Now the coup part..........TT has this new/big/fast box at it's disposal.....let's start our own message board website.....and use all the moderators from SBN(giving them their cudo's with positions earned via SBN) and tell every EX-SBN member about it(it's all over every other bike website) all the while, all the disgruntled ex SBN members are slammin the GUY that was responsible for them all meeting up IN THE FIRST PLACE! Some peoples kids!

Let a small guy do all the hard, no thanks work.....get all these people buying your product off by the sweat of HIS brow, pull the rug out from under him, and proceed to clean up after he is gone/take over HIS position so TT can control it all.........

This may sound like a massive conspiracy theory, and that it was planned out, but less has been needed to overthrow a small 3rd world country!

Now for some personal thoughts.........

Fred is my friend. He opened his house up to me(at times I took advantage of it slightly - SBN) but he also opened up himself to me and his REAL home. I can stop by and shoot the shit with him pretty much anytime. Can't say that about anyone at TT.

If it was my site and all the shit hit the fan the way it did at SBN, my attitude and actions would've been the same....I liked his rules and his motto........MY house/ MY rules....don't like it? There's the fucking door! I grew up the same way, I didn't like my dad's rules....either be man enough to take him or leave........good rules to live by.

Sorry it was long but THAT"S the readers digest version of it(I've been thinking about this all week and could say a WHOLE lot more on the subject) but I digress.....

Hell, I went back to SBN(just to see...) and all that comes up is MY threads I started........and the one about me leaving HERE still chokes me up.....and NOW PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF......that some of the same people wishing ME well back then would slam MY friend the way they have been doing........bunch of cheap ass, backstabbing, two faced pricks!(SOME even found this site)

I once said SBN would be THE ONLY site I was a member of....well that changed because of THIS offshoot from there(kinda had to to keep up on youse)...... .ws is a pussywhipped, brady bunch version of it's old self(rated G ) and SBW ain't my cup of tea either......most of the SOB's from SBN are there........and that new site TT is coming out with.......they can KISS MY ASS as well. I don't come here and post much, but I do lurk just to read ....... AND will gladly return to SBN if it ever comes back in full force........EVEN IF IT COSTS ME TO DO SO! I pay for things in my life, SBN was a big part of it for over 2 years.......

HAD to get that off my chest, thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 10:03 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

i feel the same way about those assholes!!!!!

and it seems my thoughts about how this whole thing was done by TT wasnt just my crazy thoughts...trust me i got things planed for those boys.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 10:10 AM

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

Word: KARMA

Life has a way of working things out.

I haven't been over to the TT site and won't bother to grace them with the hits.

Makes me wonder though if Fred has any legal basis for action against them, any contract?

Dave
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 10:14 AM

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys
i feel the same way about those assholes!!!!!

and it seems my thoughts about how this whole thing was done by TT wasnt just my crazy thoughts...trust me i got things planed for those boys.
I think you guys should learn from Fred on this. If you enter into any sponsership agreements, include a non-compete clause to prevent this very thing.

People build success on the backs of people who don't cover their ass all the time.

CYA

Dave
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 11:28 AM
Woo Woo

Sportbike: None for now
Years Riding: 6
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to ZoomByU
i wish i would have found out about SBN much sooner b/c i loved it there and only got two months of posting.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 04:32 PM

Sportbike: 98' CBR600F3
Years Riding: 10 yrs
How you found us: back in the old days of SBN

I loved hanging out there and talking to people and just reading all the stuff on the board, but I understand that things weren't perfect. I wasn't behind the scenes and can't imagine all the crap that fred and the others had to deal with.

At least now fred doesn't have the worry anymore. That's one good thing
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 11:36 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

busadave trust me...i got me and tonys back coverd.

no one ! messes with us...or even thinks they have the upper hand...cause no one does.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Taz, I couldnt agree more. I think some people should be strung up by thier balls for what happened there.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode