SO....what ya guys think of the new site rules? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
SO....what ya guys think is the new site rules?

hows that?

https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...p?s=&forumid=7



Odysseys is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 05:39 PM
Evil Moderatrix
 
KBOlsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Posts: 8,030
Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.
           
Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
Excellent!

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
KBOlsen is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 05:49 PM
long distance
 
ddub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: in the garage !
Posts: 383
Location: in the garage !
Sportbike: Many
Years Riding: since 81
How you found us: LiLbirdy
           
Simple enough
ddub is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 05:50 PM
"PC" ,my balls
 
bluebusa60544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorkville
Posts: 1,620
Location: Yorkville
Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search
           
A person who incriminates themselves on here does so at their own risk as you said. But what about me saying that I just saw you wheelying down Weber at 200mph.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
bluebusa60544 is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
bluebusa60544, i would say i HOPE ya got it on tape..cause thats a keeper..lmao



Odysseys is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 06:01 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,923
           
Those were the rules I was playing by in the first place
Brian is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 06:14 PM
Administrator
 
HDTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 45,956
Location: Plainfield IL
Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
           
Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally posted by bluebusa60544
A person who incriminates themselves on here does so at their own risk as you said. But what about me saying that I just saw you wheelying down Weber at 200mph.
Just dont say it cause you were trying to catch up to me and bring me down with ya only incriminate yourself




HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 12:32 AM
CLSB RESIDENT REDNECK!!!!
 
F4iDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Belvidere, Il
Posts: 1,331
Location: Belvidere, Il
Sportbike: Used to have a 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i Red/Black
Years Riding: 9 Years on n off
How you found us: SBN
           
EXCELLANTE



Mark

Mark

2001 F4i Red/Black ( She Gone )
2003 GMC Sierra Z71 Pewter
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy View Post
lol It's even typed in redneck!

______________________________


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is based on a true story: Chuck Norris once swallowed a turtle whole, and when he crapped it out, the turtle was six feet tall and had learned karate.
F4iDog is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 08:58 AM
Registered User
 
Labdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 9,589
Location: Roselle, IL
Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......
           
Nothing like hitting the nail on the Head!!!

My only concern is ( i'm guilty as well ) If someone inadvertantly brain farts & does give a popular back road or quiet twisty route i think you may reconsider on editing that post. I know its a real fine line. But info like that should be censored. Now a major highway/ tollway well understandable. What the h### i was going somewhere with this i swear i was.......

<--Kelly

.

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
Labdog is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 09:03 AM
Who's faster Lupi
 
Champ91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL
Posts: 4,957
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL
Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN
           
sounds good to me.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-
Champ91 is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Registered User
 
BABETTE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Franklin Park, IL
Posts: 1,094
Location: Franklin Park, IL
Sportbike: 98' CBR600F3
Years Riding: 10 yrs
How you found us: back in the old days of SBN
           
I've got no problems with the rules.
BABETTE is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 10:29 AM
Registered User
 
GautamCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lombard
Posts: 2,074
Location: Lombard
Sportbike: 06 CBR600RR
Years Riding: bought my first street bike in 2000
How you found us: SBN
           
easy enough
GautamCity is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 01:02 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,877
 
YOU"VE got to be KIDDING????? WTF????





















OK, just playin'....nothing we didn't already know.
taziscool is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 10:42 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,495
 
Damnit, I always wanted to get flamed.... now I probably never will.



Seem fine to me. I'll just bite my tongue on those controversial topics.

I have one suggestion. How about if someone has been warned and they do it again.... before you banish them, could the CLSB community be allow vote on a poll about it. It would suck if most people enjoyed having someone around, but they got banned because thye had a major disagreement with a high profile member.

Just a thought.
cherrypicker is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 11:19 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,877
 
Quote:
Originally posted by cherrypicker
I have one suggestion. How about if someone has been warned and they do it again.... before you banish them, could the CLSB community be allow vote on a poll about it. Just a thought.
Then what good would it do to have moderators/admins??????

The inmates DON'T run the assylum(regardless of how much we'd like to).......we just live here.
taziscool is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 11:29 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 916
 
Quote:
Originally posted by taziscool
Then what good would it do to have moderators/admins??????

The inmates DON'T run the assylum(regardless of how much we'd like to).......we just live here.
The final decision would still be on the shoulders of the Admin. The difference would be that the community would be allowed to voice thier opinions or offer suggestions.

Kinda like our elections, 100% of the population could vote Jesse Jackson into office....but the FINAL decision is with the electoral college to never let that happen
vtr996 is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 01:19 AM
I wok!
 
uicsux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: fuckoff
Posts: 3,079
Location: fuckoff
Sportbike: 2006 felt f65 and a 07 STI
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: wtf is this shit...
           
Quote:
Originally posted by cherrypicker
Damnit, I always wanted to get flamed.... now I probably never will.



Seem fine to me. I'll just bite my tongue on those controversial topics.

I have one suggestion. How about if someone has been warned and they do it again.... before you banish them, could the CLSB community be allow vote on a poll about it. It would suck if most people enjoyed having someone around, but they got banned because thye had a major disagreement with a high profile member.

Just a thought.
lol this aint a democracy =).. we are run by tyrants and dictators =)
uicsux is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 07:43 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,495
 
Quote:
Originally posted by uicsux

lol this aint a democracy =).. we are run by tyrants and dictators =)
Although unlike most Socialist or Communist countries.... if you don't like it, you CAN leave.... and start your own country...errr website.
cherrypicker is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 08:00 AM
Registered User
 
BusaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Naperville
Posts: 5,002
Location: Naperville
Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony
           
Quote:
Originally posted by vtr996

The difference would be that the community would be allowed to voice thier opinions or offer suggestions.
When has the community NOT expressed their opinions?

Dave
BusaDave is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 08:03 AM
Administrator
 
HDTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 45,956
Location: Plainfield IL
Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
           
Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally posted by BusaDave


When has the community NOT expressed their opinions?

Yeah no shit, I hear them all the time. Even when I dont want to




HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline  
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 09:14 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 916
 
Quote:
Originally posted by BusaDave


When has the community NOT expressed their opinions?
There is a huge difference between expressing your opinion PRIOR to action being taken (like our political elections). And voicing your opinion AFTER action has been taken when feelings are already hurt and animosity has built up.

If allowed to express opinions PRIOR to action, the population is at least given that false sence of thier vote "counting".
vtr996 is offline  
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
here hopefully i can end this new question.

thats why we have moderators..along with the admins.

WE KNOW (mods) just about every problem with the forums or members when something goes wrong.
theres no need to open it up to EVERYONE on the board with a vote to see if our choice is correct or not. based on that, there is no need to let everyone know problems..the more problems you bring in..the more problems EVERYONE has to deal with. isnt fair to no one to deal with so much problems.when there is no need too.

other then that, thats the way me and tony are running it.

not everyone knows everything that goes on..and there is no need too.

hope i dont have to keep explaining this, if you dont understand by now.



Odysseys is offline  
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 11:00 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 916
 
Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys
here hopefully i can end this new question.

thats why we have moderators..along with the admins.

WE KNOW (mods) just about every problem with the forums or members when something goes wrong.
theres no need to open it up to EVERYONE on the board with a vote to see if our choice is correct or not. based on that, there is no need to let everyone know problems..the more problems you bring in..the more problems EVERYONE has to deal with. isnt fair to no one to deal with so much problems.when there is no need too.

other then that, thats the way me and tony are running it.

not everyone knows everything that goes on..and there is no need too.

hope i dont have to keep explaining this, if you dont understand by now.
Your bringing this discussion off topic.

Cherry wasn't talking about opening up EVERY problem to the group or knowing EVERY problem, if that was the case all he'd need to do is spread around a hack into the mod forum. He was talking about giving the population the chance to voice thier opinions publicly prior to a friend getting kicked off. The impact of those opinions may be mute... the final word will always rest with Admin. But it would allow Mods/Admins to gauge potential backlash and allow members to feel at least they got in thier 2cents on such an important matter (losing a friend) or urge that friend (the ban-ee) to attempt to ammend the situation before it goes any further. If members opinions aren't wanted or needed why is this thread titled "SO....what ya guys think of the new site rules?????" ?
And how often have people needed to be banned? I can't imagine the number is that high or that it would place too much of a burden on most folks.
vtr996 is offline  
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Quote:
Your bringing this discussion off topic.
No i am not, i am trying to responde a answer to you and cherrys since you both are talking about the same thing.

when ever there is a problem of such..OPEN it for the WHOLE BOARD to see and talk about and to FURTHER get into the problem of what ever it is. then gets everyones input or suggestion of course of action that should be taken by EVERYONES VOTE..(thats what i sounds like you and cherry are talking about to me). but you are gonna have the same problem...there will be yes votes and no votes..and who ever wins of majority..GUESS what the other voters that lost will still not like it..still complain and still there is no issue resolved for everyone..there for, SORRY as far as i am concered i am not going to do that. cause STILL not everyone is happy with what ever choice was made.



Quote:
if that was the case all he'd need to do is spread around a hack into the mod forum
are you implying cherry or anyone is IS SO NOSY that they would like to hack the mod forum?...if so...(i dont think that about cherry for 1) and 2 who ever has this thought...you got issues that i think you need to resolve..cause thats plain stupid



Quote:
He was talking about giving the population the chance to voice thier opinions publicly prior to a friend getting kicked off. The impact of those opinions may be mute... the final word will always rest with Admin. But it would allow Mods/Admins to gauge potential backlash and allow members to feel at least they got in thier 2cents on such an important matter (losing a friend) or urge that friend (the ban-ee) to attempt to ammend the situation before it goes any further.
sounds like your pissed or cherry about michael getting banned to me...in which case...he was warned and didnt correct his issues.



Quote:
If members opinions aren't wanted or needed why is this thread titled "SO....what ya guys think of the new site rules?????" ?
yes what do you think of the rules?..NOT what do you think you should change them instead too.
Although i am open to hearing differant ideas i am NOT blowing off your thoughts or opinions or anyone elses.




Quote:
And how often have people needed to be banned? I can't imagine the number is that high or that it would place too much of a burden on most folks.
not many at all..i think 2 people from day 1 of CLSB, which is hardly close to none...and IT SUCKS when we have to..but no matter what that banned member has a choice to come back with and correct his reason why he got banned. for what ever reasons they were.


hope i answered what you were asking.



Odysseys is offline  
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 12:26 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 916
 
Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys
when ever there is a problem of such..OPEN it for the WHOLE BOARD to see and talk about and to FURTHER get into the problem of what ever it is. then gets everyones input or suggestion of course of action that should be taken by EVERYONES VOTE..(thats what i sounds like you and cherry are talking about to me). but you are gonna have the same problem...there will be yes votes and no votes..and who ever wins of majority..GUESS what the other voters that lost will still not like it..still complain and still there is no issue resolved for everyone..there for, SORRY as far as i am concered i am not going to do that. cause STILL not everyone is happy with what ever choice was made.

are you implying cherry or anyone is IS SO NOSY that they would like to hack the mod forum?...if so...(i dont think that about cherry for 1) and 2 who ever has this thought...you got issues that i think you need to resolve..cause thats plain stupid

sounds like your pissed or cherry about michael getting banned to me...in which case...he was warned and didnt correct his issues.

yes what do you think of the rules?..NOT what do you think you should change them instead too.
Although i am open to hearing differant ideas i am NOT blowing off your thoughts or opinions or anyone elses.

not many at all..i think 2 people from day 1 of CLSB, which is hardly close to none...and IT SUCKS when we have to..but no matter what that banned member has a choice to come back with and correct his reason why he got banned. for what ever reasons they were.

I'll answer these point by point.

paragraph #1: You didn't comprehend the point of my previous statement. Please re-read it.

paragraph #2: I'm not implying anything. I was pointing out the difference between what you were talking about (opening up EVERY issue to group discussion(equal to wholesale access to mod forum) vs what Cherry brought up(group discussion prior to banning someone). Big Difference, again please re-read my previous statements.

paragraph #3: I'm not pissed about anything, and I can't speak for Cherry. I thought we were discussing current site rules and proposals for additions/modifications to those rules? Why are you bringing up Michael?, that's in the past as far as I'm concerned.

paragraph #4: I though we were discussing opinions of current rules & suggestions for, or modifications to the present rules? If that wasn't the intent of this thread being started what was??

paragraph #5 So having discussions on the 2 incidents that have resulted in banning would in your opinion have been placing too much of a burden on the membership?
vtr996 is offline  
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Quote:
paragraph #4: I though we were discussing opinions of current rules & suggestions for, or modifications to the present rules? If that wasn't the intent of this thread being started what was??

just to see if everyone can agree...YEP those are pretty easy and fair rules.



Quote:
paragraph #5 So having discussions on the 2 incidents that have resulted in banning would in your opinion have been placing too much of a burden on the membership?
its more like this:


it sucks i have came to this point in thinking this way..but certain peoples views cant just seem to FLOW with things we are trying to get across BEFORE all these DEBATES , VIEWS, COMMENTS, or let alone trying to REDO what PERSPECTIVES I or WE HAVE on the site.

so now SORRY for everyone..I AM GOING TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS.
cause i am FUCKEN PISSED!

if you dont like the way things are leave! that goes to anyone that has a problem with anything on here. we all have FREE choice of what to do.
i consider this place almost like my home...if someone comes into it and does something i dont like,approve of or insults me..FUCK THEM...not only are they kicked out of my house but they are on my shit list..and since this web site in NOT as close as what my home value means to me...it isnt as closly held close to as....but the mentality of if someone does something in my house (and the web site is considered as such in a way i hold this to be true)
does something to PISS on it...well OFF they go too.

i am NOT going to let ANYONE DICTATE....what SHIT i have to deal with in my home.NOR is it a freaking disccusion.
WOULD ANYONE ELSE DO SUCH A THING?
i think not..and if you do...your stupid
no one can tell me if some asshole in your house and pissed you off with something like i said..your going to ask everyone else in the party..HEY lets vote and see if this guy who just did something fucked up to me..that i want your vote to see IF i should just shut my mouth and let people insult me or DISREPSECT my house rules.

NO so the hell with that..and thats why as of now..and in the future..THERE WILL BE NO SUCH action IF AND WHEN THE TIME COMES TO BANN SOMEONE.


so sorry if i seem out of line to anyone or anyone doesnt like my morals..thats me and thats the way i handle my shit in my 1st home and in here my 2nd home..that i help make and i OPEN IT UP TO EVERYONE TO HAVE FUN ON ...and if and when people SHIT on me FUCK THEM!!!!!! they are out...FUCK I AM EVEN NICE ENOUGH TO LET THEM BACK IN..all they have to do is make a fucken appology...how fucken hard it that?

so if anyone still has a problem...you know where to go...i am fucken doen with this shit!



Odysseys is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome