Woman gets tazed - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Woman gets tazed

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/co...r_video3a.html
i think she deserved it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Thats gotta hurt!

The Lesson: When you are asked to exit the vehicle, F*ckin do it!

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 10:09 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
What a dumbass. She got what she deserved. She was driving with a broken windshield, no seatbelt, doing 51 in a 35 zone passing the cop on the right, and had a brakelight out. Then she gives the cop all kinds of shit saying he can't pull her over, and when he goes to arrest her because the bitch's license is suspended she refuses to get out of the car. The cops were calm the entire time. What an idiot woman.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 10:15 AM

Breakin' the law, breakin' the law!

I think the lesson is bigger than that. As bikers (besides just being stopped by popo in cars) just be straight up. No you don't have to kiss ass but don't come hardcore. Things get taken care of in court. So in this case she used racism, said he pulled her over illegally and some other crap. Then didn't want to follow any orders. If you're license is suspended you can be arrested. On minimum they'll make you leave the car and take you to the station for paperwork. But you're not allowed to drive. Been there too. If it wasn't for a friend in the car I would've been towed. Lot of other stuff but she did get what's coming to her. It may seem dramatic because of the screaming. So the emotions start to get tied in. But it's better than being shot or just beat up with a baton. lol
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 10:16 AM

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
hahahahhahaha I love those vids, she deserved it
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 10:31 AM
FastVinyl.com

Sportbike: 83 Suzuki GS850
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: BWA

Send a message via AIM to XLR8R
Definitely deserved the taser. Absolutely no reason for the officers to become physical with her, so the taser is a good choice.

---John---
If my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCALATOR = EVERLASTING FUN!!

FastVinyl Forum on CLSB Click Me
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Personally, I think they were a little quick on the draw. Tazers can kill. She wasn't a threat. It's a judgement call. She did get PLENTY O warning. Dumb bitch.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

She was wailing away like a 2 year old kid that got his ice cream taken away. Funny shit.

For some odd reason, I want to get tazed just to see what it's like.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D
She was wailing away like a 2 year old kid that got his ice cream taken away. Funny shit.

For some odd reason, I want to get tazed just to see what it's like.

BEING TAZED SUCKS, I had it done at a trade show I was at. They were demonstrating the tazer and asked for someone to have it done to, SO MY DUMBASS stepped up and they attached the clips to my socks and tazed me. I went down quick. It only lasted a couple of seconds but it still sucks.
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner
Personally, I think they were a little quick on the draw. Tazers can kill. She wasn't a threat. It's a judgement call. She did get PLENTY O warning. Dumb bitch.
If the girl was out of the car I would agree with you. Since she was in the car I would have done the same thing. Who knows what's in the car, the cop could have reached in to grab her and she grabs a knife next to the seat.

Bottom line, do what the popo say. It's all being recorded anyway.

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 12:10 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

That's the mentality of some people though; they think it's they right to do whatever they want in their car and not have to listen to the police.

I'm glad they tazed the dumb broad....maybe next time she'll be more respectful.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 12:19 PM

They were calm, in control, and handled the situation well. Had I been in the same situation I can see doing the same thing.

You always have to be in control as a police officer - if someone gets the idea that you can be walked on things can spiral out of hand quickly.

Listening to that bitch howl like she did would've definitely gotten on my nerves, though.
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Slum Overlord

Sportbike: 03 GSXR 1000, 02 RM250, 03 TTR125L
Years Riding: considerable time
How you found us: install job

I'll offer my dissenting opinion here. If she had been a 6'4" 250lb man that was not cooperating, I would say there was a little more justification.
The police should not have any difficulty at all controlling the average citizen though basic joint locks and pressure point techniques. As far as tasers go, not really all that "non-leathal"...

Amnesty International Documents 103 TASER-Related Deaths
author: AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL

TASER-Related Deaths Hit Triple-Digits as Manufacturer (TASR) Grossly Exaggerates the Number of Lives Saved By TASERs. Amnesty International Documents 103 TASER-Related Deaths and Disputes Claims That TASERs Have Saved 6,000 Lives
(Washington, DC)—Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) released today a document announcing that TASER-related deaths in the United States and Canada have hit triple digits growing from 74 in November 2004 to 103. The new number covers June 2001 to March 2005. Additionally, AIUSA presented evidence proving that Taser International, Inc., has been misleading the public and law enforcement about the number of lives allegedly saved by TASERs. AIUSA admits that lives have undoubtedly been saved by TASERs and welcomes any news that there has been a decrease in fatal shootings by law enforcement, but a review of the cases on Taser's Website actually provided more evidence to support Amnesty International's conclusion that there is widespread abuse of TASERs that, in some cases, constitutes ill-treatment and torture.

"AIUSA supports the development of non-lethal alternatives to firearms, and we believe that police officers should have every tool necessary to do their jobs safely and effectively," said Dr. William F. Schulz, Executive Director, Amnesty International USA. "However, it has been difficult to engage in an honest debate about TASER usage when the truth seems to be as elusive as an independent, comprehensive medical study supporting claims that TASERs are generally safe."

In May 2004, Taser International Inc., spokesman Steve Tuttle made a frighteningly accurate prediction when he told the Atlanta Journal Constitution that the number of TASER-related deaths "will continue to increase with the number of devices we sell." Of the 103 TASER-related deaths documented by Amnesty International, 65 percent of them occurred during the last 15 months. If the current trend continues—noting that TASER-related deaths appear to spike between May and August—this year is on track to be a record-breaking year. In the first three months of 2005, there have already been twice as many TASER-related deaths (13) as there were during the same period in 2004 (six), and as many as there were all year in 2002 (13). The analysis provides a state-by-state breakdown of the deaths, which occurred in 25 states and Canada.

The updated information flags a disturbing pattern that parallels the alarming increase in deaths. Amnesty cites that the weapons have been mentioned 17 times (out of 103) by medical examiners who have said that the TASER played a role, could not be ruled out, or could not determine the exact role the TASER played. Now, according to the information released by Amnesty International, TASERs have been referenced frequently enough that they are the fourth most commonly listed factor in TASER-related deaths. Drug intoxication is first, pre-existing heart conditions second, and excited delirium is third.

In its November 2004 report on TASER use in the United States and Canada, Amnesty International cited pre-existing heart conditions as a possible contributing factor in TASER-related deaths. The U.S. Department of Defense and the English, Canadian, and Australian governments have also cited the potential vulnerability of individuals with pre-existing heart conditions to TASER shocks as an area in which further studies are needed. Amnesty International's information points out that all but one of the deaths were among men with an average age of 37. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, pre-existing heart conditions are the second leading cause of death for men age 25-44, and the American Heart Association says that approximately one in three men in the United States is currently living with a pre-existing cardiovascular disease.

"The prevalence of pre-existing heart conditions in the population that has died after being shocked with a TASER is an example of why Amnesty International has called for the suspended use of TASERs by law enforcement," said Gerald LeMelle, Deputy Executive Director for Advocacy. "Do the math. If one out of every three men in the United States is living with a pre-existing heart condition, each time the police shock someone with a TASER, they are playing a game of high-tech Russian roulette. Now it is not a question of if, but a matter of when, the next TASER-related death will occur."

Taser frequently boasts that its electro-shock weapons are "saving lives everyday." The company has posted a document on its Web site alleged to contain more than 685 reports involving individuals who would now be dead if a TASER had not been used. They say that, "the use of the TASER non-lethal weapon saved a subject's life" by preventing a suicide or an escalation of violence. AIUSA accepted Taser International's challenge to read the reports, and found that the company is not only overstating the life-saving potential of its weapon, but it is misleading the public and law enforcement about the actual content of these reports. AIUSA provides 111 of examples from the company's Web site in which it would be difficult, if not impossible, to say that in the absence of a TASER police would have killed the individuals in these respective cases.

In fact, AIUSA read more examples to support its assertion that the electro-shock weapons are being abused. The reports on Taser International's Web site showed that TASERs are being used on unarmed individuals, children, people who were restrained, individuals who are physically disabled, and an overwhelming number of emotionally distressed individuals. If anything, TASERs are frequently being used instead of seeking the assistance of mental health professionals. Using categories provided by the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), AIUSA was able to disaggregate the reports showing that 52 percent of the reports were alleged to be attempted suicides; 15 percent involved officers disrupting a crime in progress; 13 percent were individuals fleeing, and 5 percent were undetermined. The combined instances of a suspect attacking a police officer or a civilian only accounted for 14 percent of the cases.

The company claims, "a reasonable and conservative estimate is that over 6,000 lives have been saved with TASER energy weapons," meaning that in the absence of a TASER these 6,000 people would be dead. But this highly speculative assumption is statistically improbable. For instance, if Taser International's claims were true, and 6,000 lives had been saved during a six-year period, justifiable homicides by police, a statistic maintained by the BJS, would have dropped significantly. For Taser's claims to be true, no people would have been killed by police in the line of duty for the last six years. Taser's data is impossible to corroborate or verify.

AIUSA applauds the noble efforts of police officers to make split seconds decisions that have, without question, resulted in saved lives, but it is disingenuous for the cases that clearly do not rise to that level to be exploited. AIUSA calls on Taser International to stop using misleading information—like claiming that its product has saved 6,000 lives—and to remove this information from its Website and all of its promotional materials.

The review of the cases also yielded unanticipated results. Based on information from Taser's Web site, it appears as though TASERs failed to incapacitate suspects 32 percent of the time, requiring officers to apply more shocks. This means that TASERs only worked 63 percent of the time—far from the 95 percent effectiveness rate mentioned in Taser International's marketing materials.

Amnesty International supports the development of non-lethal alternatives to firearms. However, a sincere, honest debate on TASER use should be based on the truth.
-30-

CONTACT: Edward Jackson (202) 544-0200 x 302 or (202) 251-3894 mobile

source url: http://www.amnestyusa.org/news/docum...256FD60068C20A

the uncarved stone
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
bwa
Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney
I'll offer my dissenting opinion here. If she had been a 6'4" 250lb man that was not cooperating, I would say there was a little more justification.
The police should not have any difficulty at all controlling the average citizen though basic joint locks and pressure point techniques.
i don't care if you're 300lb or 90lbs, if you're not following simple orders, and on top yap on the phone you get whatever they throw at ya. Besides, she could've had a gun/knife or other weapon that 250lb guy wouldn't. Suddenly she's as dangerous if not more than such guy.
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 02:13 PM

They did a good job. People who are really pissy, bitchy (crazy!) and on the edge of flipping out like that I would consider a danger to me, just like you said.. 90 pounds or 300 pounds. There is a difference, but either can do serious damage even with only one strike. Someone thats about to flip is a danger, period.

Gotta suck being a cop somtimes.
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 02:16 PM

Which way to go

The scenario was not a quick draw. Good points are made during the commentary of the videos. She could've put it in drive and took off draggin' the cop. What then? Do a lock position on a rim? C'mon. If you don't know law enforcement you don't know what the true options are. There is pepper spray but people can fight thru that. I've seen people high on drugs do that! Pull out the baton and the evening news is calling for abuse. You can't do martial arts on everyone in every scenario. It's not like the movies. Street fighting is a true TRIP. Trying to get someone out of their car, regardless of weight and height, is putting the officer at a high risk. Cops are trained not only to deal with things but to keep sharp to deal with things not trained for. You try going out there to enforce the law for a week and you'll see what I mean.
As far as TASRS I've always been 50/50 on them. I mean I know you want to take them down and do it quick but there are conditions with people's health. Still that's kind of a weak point (I'm beating myself up here so no one else can lol). If you have health problems do what the cops say. lol Simple as that.
post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 02:19 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

that shit was funny, as you can tell the officer didn't give a shit about her mouthing off.
2nd the key point you guys missed was she was about to hit him while he reached in, he backed out and tazed.

cause the repeated attempts to make the subject verbal orders to comply was resisted.

control force was attempted to remove the subject from the vehicle, that force was meet with resistance.

officers used non lethal force to control and subdue subject to complete the arrest.

case closed.

post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 02:28 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderellieus
The funny thing is...the cops have to be tazed themselves in training before they can use them on civilians (atleast they are suppose too, ours did). Ever seen a cop pee his pants !!! now thats funny!!!!! But they all say that it gives them an understanding of its effects and a better comprehension of when to and not to use it, not saying they all abide but they got it too.
Same thing with the mace. I talked to a LITH officer that had to be sprayed in the face in order to be allowed to carry it himself. He said it was the single worst experience of his life, and he went through Marnie boot camp.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 03:12 PM

That was funny as hell! Nothing like watching dumb people get hurt....
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 06:04 PM

Nobody has respect for authority anymore.

She was probably waiting for him to give her a "time out" or count to three before she would do what he says.
post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 09:21 PM

and so what if she had a gun or was calling her pimp to come and kill this cop, you kidding me, i dont care if a tazer has killed 1 million people if a cop feels threatened or does not feel he is in control over the situation he needs to do what he needs to do to take control... but i do not like cops and i still agree with him using this weapon... shit people die from other people beating them to death and id rather not have a cop beat the shit out of me to were im bleading (well i could sue them) but still thats an instant pain and it hurts like a mother but its better then what could have happened... i duno thats just my .02 cents
post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys

that shit was funny, as you can tell the officer didn't give a shit about her mouthing off.
2nd the key point you guys missed was she was about to hit him while he reached in, he backed out and tazed.

cause the repeated attempts to make the subject verbal orders to comply was resisted.

control force was attempted to remove the subject from the vehicle, that force was meet with resistance.

officers used non lethal force to control and subdue subject to complete the arrest.

case closed.
+1 the cop did say a few times that she took a swing at him

I would have tazed her ass again just for being a cry baby...and kept on tazing her till she STFU
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
bwa
Boom

link to the whole vid, not in sections

http://www.enaddict.com/viewmovie.php?mid=670
post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 04:29 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

just one more thing to add......
In the 45 seconds immediately following the tazing..
I THINK SHE HAD A MIND BLOWING ORGASM!!!!!!!! CHECK IT!!!!!!!! THE COPS WEWRE USING THE E M R !! TAZER

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
bwa
Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weelpilot
just one more thing to add......
In the 45 seconds immediately following the tazing..
I THINK SHE HAD A MIND BLOWING ORGASM!!!!!!!! CHECK IT!!!!!!!! THE COPS WEWRE USING THE E M R !! TAZER
lol another thing to notice, ya heard her howling? right after she started, you can hear a dog barking back
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 05:09 PM

Yeah, the dog was telling her to shut the f*ck up and stop being a c*nt.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 08:59 PM

Ok I don't think you all clearly watched that video because you all would have done the same thing she did. She was pulled over by a civilian vehicle. It looks like from the hood a Mustang Cobra Yellow in Color. There's people all over the US posing as cops in there cars trying to get you to pull over. She however did not do the right thing about calling a friend. She should have called 911 and told them the situation and eventually made it to a public parking lot that is full of people. This does hold up in court and I sure as hell am not stopping for some unmarked car that looks like it's not a cop car until I get some confirmation. So I think she's right and wrong here. Just for the fact that she didn't call the cops and pull over into a parking lot with people. I'm thinking she assumed they were cops and knew she had the suspended license and was thinking the racisim card would be the best one to play and possibly get injured in the process for a law suit. So at this point and I don't believe she should have been tazed, I think she should have been shot. 1 less moron to worry about on the road.
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 09:01 PM

Oh yeah, If you have to be tazed to carry one as a officer, I think you have to be shot to carry a gun then. Cause it's just as bad as far as quick draw goes with a gun. I remember there were three kids on the North side of Naperville speeding and I guess they had a paintball gun in the car and the copy put 3 shots into the kid that was near it. Didn't even have his hand on it from the people I've talked to that claim they knew the people in the car.
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephas
Oh yeah, If you have to be tazed to carry one as a officer, I think you have to be shot to carry a gun then.

That's one of the more intelligent remarks I've read on this board.

Okay, Cephas, should you be run over by a car to be able to drive one? Cars kill people, just like tazers and guns, so by following your logic this should be a pre-requisite to a driver's license.

Those people were clearly officers. She was clearly speeding, passed the cop on the RIGHT with expired tags and no license and a cracked windshield! With all that crap wrong she had to have known she was driving illegally. And if she was worried about them not being real cops she should have called 911, not her fucking friend, and asked to verify if they are police officers. She was just yapping it up to her friend, giving the cops attitude, calling them racist, resisting arrest, wouldn't get out of the truck.

That dumbass bitch deserved what she got.

I bleed GREEN
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
bwa
Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephas
Ok I don't think you all clearly watched that video because you all would have done the same thing she did. She was pulled over by a civilian vehicle. It looks like from the hood a Mustang Cobra Yellow in Color. There's people all over the US posing as cops in there cars trying to get you to pull over. She however did not do the right thing about calling a friend. She should have called 911 and told them the situation and eventually made it to a public parking lot that is full of people. This does hold up in court and I sure as hell am not stopping for some unmarked car that looks like it's not a cop car until I get some confirmation. So I think she's right and wrong here. Just for the fact that she didn't call the cops and pull over into a parking lot with people. I'm thinking she assumed they were cops and knew she had the suspended license and was thinking the racisim card would be the best one to play and possibly get injured in the process for a law suit. So at this point and I don't believe she should have been tazed, I think she should have been shot. 1 less moron to worry about on the road.
i'll give ya the one about her worrying about it not being a cop, but she fucked up there. she didn't have to pull over right away, as you said. dunno about shootin her though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode