Wtf!?!?!? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Wtf!?!?!?

Donate money to the victims of 9/11 relief fund? The following should be of some interest ......

A woman had lost her husband in the twin towers collapse on 9/11. She recieved 5.4 million in governemnental funds, and another 800k in other donations. I caught part of an interview with her, and to date, she has spent all but 500k of it. Her middle class home recieved a 1.5 million dollar makeover, and despite giving away thousands of pairs of shoes that she purchased for herself, she still has many pair She says she "hates" the money, and is seeking therapy in regard to her shopping addiction. WTF!

You know, it irritated me to no end to hear all of the whining about bread winners being lost, and that the remaining family has no money, nor access to it. Well, ummm .... that is what life insurance is for It severely pisses the fuck out of me that the government paid out to all of them, and this is, at least, how one of them chose to treat a "bail out". Fuck her, and everyone else who failed to plan for a bread winners potential demise, and squanders away donated money, and taxpayers money

The kicker is that the news story seemed sympathetic to her, and her addiction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 10:57 PM
i need a new bike, this one is trashed

Sportbike: Yammies
Years Riding: A few
How you found us: fellow rider

The age of one bread winner in a household is long gone. Go earn your own f*&$kin bread.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 11:01 PM
I'd rather be railing :)

Sportbike: Riding Suzukis: 04 GSX-R600, 98 DR650SE
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Gixxer.com

Send a message via AIM to Jammin Send a message via Yahoo to Jammin
That's messed up. That's why I dont buy all the over-hyped sympathy that the media throws out there. Not to say that a few people probably deserved the money, but there's always a few screw balls.

J A Y riding around the world on a 98 Suzuki DR650SE (sanDRina)
follow at >> JamminGlobal.com | facebook | twitter | youtube

Consider a small donation to support my trip or Buy a T-shirt

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind." - Bob Marley
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 11:08 PM
I can't wheelie

Sportbike: 96 Honda CBR900RR
Years Riding: not enough
How you found us: other forums

Send a message via AIM to dwx4
all that money to the civilians, and our real heros (the military and police/fire) get squat when they die, and little to nothing while they are alive.

america the greedy.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 07:28 AM

You really want to know the problem w/ this? They gave them all the money at once! Just like those lottery losers who end up bankrupt after winning 5mil.........the gov. should've paid them a monthly salary equivalent to the lost one's payscale, thereby avoiding such BS!

BTW, I think they were given waaaaaaaaaay to much $$$$! At an average 50k/ yr, a person only makes 2.5 mil in 50 yrs of working. This women got 6.x mil and blew it all? What a f'ng C-U-N-T!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:26 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

I gotta play devils advocate on this one:

I agree that getting the money and spending it all is F'ed up.

Dont forget that not everyone can mentally handle losing a loved one (if they truely loved them), and like any other addiction, shopping was her fill-in for the loved ones loss..........mentally, she couldnt help herself(Addiction).

I dont agree with all the money she recieved or why she got it, thats not what I am debating, just that mental illness (or weakness) and addiction of any kind is hard to fight without help.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:31 AM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

well, dumb bitch had plenty of money to seek professional help BEFORE she almost lost all the money.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:43 AM
FastVinyl.com

Sportbike: 83 Suzuki GS850
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: BWA

Send a message via AIM to XLR8R
Quote:
Originally Posted by taziscool
You really want to know the problem w/ this? They gave them all the money at once! Just like those lottery losers who end up bankrupt after winning 5mil.........the gov. should've paid them a monthly salary equivalent to the lost one's payscale, thereby avoiding such BS!

BTW, I think they were given waaaaaaaaaay to much $$$$! At an average 50k/ yr, a person only makes 2.5 mil in 50 yrs of working. This women got 6.x mil and blew it all? What a f'ng C-U-N-T!

+1 on the monthly salary and the f'ng C-U-N-T!

---John---
If my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCALATOR = EVERLASTING FUN!!

FastVinyl Forum on CLSB Click Me
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:44 AM
King Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwa
well, dumb bitch had plenty of money to seek professional help BEFORE she almost lost all the money.
She didnt realize she had a problem....until it was evident by the lack of money.

You of all people should know.....the first step towards recovery is admitting YOU have a problem!

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:46 AM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

I think that life insurance does't cover deaths as part of "an act of war" I believe that some of that 5.4mil may have been listed because the gov. helped the insurance co's pay out even though they didn't have to. Remember middle class in NY could very well mean a 6 fig salary and 1mil+ home. It could be feasible she had 5mil+ in life ins. the gov. helped to pay out. There were many donations as well, many coming from the employers of the people lost. What she did with the $$$ is her business. I know others weren't so lucky on the settlements so there is more going on then led on here. Either way making donations was the right thing to do. I can't make judgements from one story like this and still have no regrets about the donations I made for my colleages families

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:50 AM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mladinrep
You of all people should know.....the first step towards recovery is admitting YOU have a problem!
now, hold on a sec, wtf you trying to imply?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 10:00 AM
King Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwa
now, hold on a sec, wtf you trying to imply?
Like I said..........admittal.....

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 11:55 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwx4
all that money to the civilians, and our real heros (the military and police/fire) get squat when they die, and little to nothing while they are alive.

america the greedy.

+1.

I wonder if the other survivors blew through their money like this woman. She's outta money and I don't feel sorry for her.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mladinrep

Dont forget that not everyone can mentally handle losing a loved one (if they truely loved them), and like any other addiction, shopping was her fill-in for the loved ones loss..........mentally, she couldnt help herself(Addiction).
I am not necessarily knocking the shopping addiction thing, however, if the payments were more structured, or not as high, perhaps there would not have been so much waste as a result of her addiction.

Brian, that was not an act of war. There was some debate surrounding that at the time. Had it been, and there were families in need as a result, I would have looked at it differently, I would even look at this example differently. Since all could collect on existing policies, if there were any, than tough toonces to those that failed to plan for the worst. We cannot bail out everyone for failing to plan!

There is seemingly no responsibility for ones own lives/actions in this society, and when something bad happens, everyone looks around to see where they can get money to make up for it
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Wheelie Rider

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: Internet search

I wish I wouldn't have read this thread. That lady pisses me off.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 11:33 AM
King Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
I am not necessarily knocking the shopping addiction thing, however, if the payments were more structured, or not as high, perhaps there would not have been so much waste as a result of her addiction.
I dont disagree with that either....All I am saying is that she isnt neccessarily a F*ckin C$nt. People with addictions arent neccessarily bad people, they just have an addiction and dont think clearly like you and me.......Uh I mean you, I obviously dont think clearly or I woulda dropped this two days ago

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode