Got F*cking Pulled Over - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Got F*cking Pulled Over

I just got back from being pulled over by the most asshole cop ever. He pulled me over because I dont have mirrors. I tried to explain to him that someone hit my bike, and I was currently still dealing with the insurance company to get it fixed. He also practically yelled at me because one of my rear blinkers is broken off, also from the accident. I have been talking to the insurance company all day, so I had my DL and all my information at the house. So he wrote me a ticket for no insurance. Then he ran my DL and found that its expired. (I still have my IL one because I dont have a bike to take the Tx motorcycle test on and dont want to loose my M endorsement.) I got warnings for expired registration and the missing blinker. Then he said that I couldnt ride the bike home because I didnt have a DL, but that he wasnt going to wait there for my ride to show up. But if he saw me on the bike he would arrest me. (My bike is now blue with pink flames, so it kinda sticks out.) So Im sitting on the side of the road, with no way to get home. I would have just waited a bit and got back on the bike, but I could see him trying to hide in a gas station down the street and I would have had to drive past him. Then some dude in a truck pulled up and asked if I needed a ride. I explained the situation and he said that he could ride the bike back home for me and I could drive his truck. He showed me his DL and he had a M, he rode some Kawi cruiser. I had no choise but to let this random guy I just met drive my bike. At least if he took off I would get his 2500 Cummins Desil which was fully decked out, lol. He made it home ok, despite the fact that there was no front brake lever (thats another story from yesterday).

But want to know the worst part? I had seen the cop pulled over on the side of the HW a few miles back. He had his lights on and was sitting outside his car. Just as I was coming up to him some jackass cager totally cut me off and took off flying down the exit ramp. The same guy was right in front of me when I got pulled over. The cop didnt even make a move to go after the guy though he had obviously seen him almost kill me. He told me that if I had had mirrors I would have been able to avoid getting in the cars way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 02:54 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

sorry girl, but ya got what ya deserved. ya shouldn't ride it in it's current condition.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 02:58 PM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwa
sorry girl, but ya got what ya deserved. ya shouldn't ride it in it's current condition.
I agree......TB fix it or park it.

Scrached paint is one thing, but no mirrors and busted Turnsignals.....

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 02:59 PM
vroom vroom

Sportbike: '05 Z750S
Years Riding: 10 yrs
How you found us: Katanaplanet

I'm gonna apologize in advance for bein an ass, but why the hell are you riding a bike with no mirrors and turn signal and without a valid license? That's nuts!

Good luck fixing everything and hopefully if you get it all straightened out, they'll throw out some or all of the tickets. Good luck.

-Mike
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

Wow.....

The mirrors yeah that will hurt and the DL and insurance just get those fixed and hopefully dismissed, as for turn signal, dont have to have in IL, as long as you hand signaled... But sounds like you got the ahole of the day.....

Sorry...........

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

that's the chance you take when you know your papers aren't current and the bike isn't street legal. I mean, yeah it sucks, but you had to have seen it coming.

Just think of this this way. +1 for the cop, and for you it's +1 times however many times you rode it and DIDN'T get caught.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 03:01 PM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

Broken record-

Nothing worse than a cop that demands respect (they all do) and gives none.
Tighten that thing up, no front brake lever?!?!? I'm willing to bet ya know better, good luck.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
bwa
Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mladinrep
I agree......TB fix it or park it.

Scrached paint is one thing, but no mirrors and busted Turnsignals.....
well, mirrors and signals are a reason to get pulled over. but no front brake lever? a death wish.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
pfft.

actually, now that I reread this, I don't beleive that rear turn signals are mandatory in TX. You have to have them to pass inspection, but they are not legally required to be on the bike. Kind of a little glitch in the system I believe.....that's what I was told when I went for my last inspection.

I would def. check that one out with a local lawyer. I believe that in TX you only are required to have FRONT turn signals.

But pink flames, I think, are illegal in this state.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbiker
Broken record-
Talk about a broken record...every thread started by TB is bad news.

Example

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."

Last edited by Kegger; 06-15-2005 at 03:31 PM.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 03:23 PM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Sorry, TB, but I have to agree with everyone here. Your bike isn't street legal, so you shouldn't be riding it. Your registration isn't current, and you don't have a valid driver's license. I'm sorry, but riding that bike under those conditions is asking for trouble. It sounds to me like the cop cut you a break because you didn't have current anything or a street legal bike. He could have cited you for more instead of giving you warnings.

And no front brake lever? Please tell me you won't ride that bike until you get it fixed.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 03:38 PM

Ditto on all the others...he was totally correct. Now perhaps attitude played more than necessary, but that's a different story.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 04:10 PM

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
no mirrors, no plate, no turn signals.. well that's how my street bike sits right now BUT no brake lever is just stupid
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 04:55 PM

Sorry, rear brake is not optional. Please get it fixed!!!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 04:58 PM
bwa
Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkaiho
Sorry, rear brake is not optional. Please get it fixed!!!
what rear brake? she's missing the FRONT
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 05:00 PM

Doh, i meant front. Rear is for chumps
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 05:17 PM

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkaiho
Doh, i meant front. Rear is for chumps
or people that do wheelies..
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

The bottom line is that I have no money to fix up the bike. The front brake lever fell off last night because the whole bracket is messed up from when I got backed into. I dont have the insurance money yet, so I cant fix anything. I was stuck at a friends house in a different town last night because I really didnt want to drive it home with no brake, but this morning after not being able to find a lever, I had to no choise but to get it home. Yall seem to think I was riding around like that, it was an emergency. I had no way to get home without riding it. Im sure Im not the only one here who has had something like that happen.

In Tx you have to have either a R or L mirror, or both. I had one in the R, but it was broken when my bike was backed into. Same with the turn signal, its getting fixed as soon as I get insurance money. But not before then, because I cant otherwise afford it.

The bike is my only means of transportation at the moment, so I had to ride it with no mirrors and a broken signal. I hadnt noticed that my DL was expired, and Im waiting to get the bike registered in Tx so I can retake the M test to make sure I have the correct endorsments. The plates are expired because Im still waiting for IL to send me a duplicate title, they never even sent me one after I put the bike in my name. As soon as I get it, I will be able to register the bike in Tx. I have insurance, I just didnt have the card on me for the reasons I stated. So the tickets going to be dropped anyway.

Its not like my bike is some serious piece of junk that shouldnt be on the road. Everything was fixed, and in perfect working order before it got hit. Its old, and sometimes things go wrong, but thats going to happen with any bike. Its not like Im some idiot riding around without a DL, M endorsement (I had mine long before I even bought a bike), or insurance.

Im a little mad that I have to explain myself to yall. I wasnt even given the benefit of the doubt. And I feel like people jumped to conclustions without hearing the complete story.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 05:45 PM

TB, I'm not jumping to conclusions. I was just going off of what you said in your first post. I still think its a bad idea to ride without registration, a current DL, and a street legal bike, even if its just the mirrors and turn signals.

Now, my question is how did you end up stuck at a friend's house in a different town last night? Did you ride your bike over there? If so I'm sure you can figure out what I'll say next.

I understand that the bike is your only mode of transportation, but even if it were a car without the stuff to make it legal, including registration and you having a current DL I would still say find another mode of travel. You risk getting pulled over and tickets for being illegal.... which is exactly what happened.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

I was riding with that friend out in the country when the lever fell off. His house wasnt far away so we went straight there. I think I should also mention that the registration expired this month. I had thought IL would have my new title to me before then, but its starting to seem like they dont want to give me one at all, lol.

The only ticket I got was for insurance, so its really wasnt a big deal.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 06:22 PM

Okay, not to be an ass, TB, but you were riding on a bike that didn't have current registration, turn signals, one mirror which was broken, and no insurance? I'll leave the no DL thing alone because you said you didn't know it was expired (gotta keep on top of that sorta thing). It sounds to me like you were asking for trouble.

You probably shouldn't have been out riding, and then you wouldn't have had to go to your friend's house due to the broken lever. Then you wouldn't have been pulled over when going back home. Sounds like the cop was very cool to you, attitude notwithstanding, by only giving you a ticket for insurance.

My advice, next time your friend asks you to ride and you don't have a legal bike, registration, DL, or insurance, you should probably ask for a rain check.

I bleed GREEN
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 06:32 PM
bwa
Boom

bottom line, you don't have money to ride. now, understand tough situations, and needing to get around, butif ya decide to ride, don't do the crime if you're not willing to pay the time.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

The bike is street legal in Tx. It passes inspection. You dont even have to have blinkers in Tx. The only thing wrong is the broken mirror, and I highly doubt I am the only person to have riden w/o a mirror. It HAS insurance (with Geico), I didnt have my card on me because it was at home, next to the phone where the previous day I had been constantly on dealing with a jackass insurance co. I honestly didnt know my DL was expired, I dont carry it with me because I am prone to loosing it, I carry a state ID instead. Upon examination, it was expired by less than a month, along with my registration. As much as I am for motorcycle safety, I think its obsurd to say that you should never ever ride if everything isnt perfect. Riding and motorcycles have become the dominant part of my life, but I am poor enough to have to fight to enjoy what I can get. My insurance costs me almost 2 weeks pay, and its only $130 a month. With gas, Jeep repairs, and various other bills, its hard to keep everything perfect all the time. I had everything fixed on the bike, and just about everything fixed with my registration when I was backed into. As soon as I get my title from IL (which I am assured will be before the end of the month) everything will be fixed.

I really dont want to be arguing with you, but it doesnt seem you have any idea how it feels to be jumped on because of stuff that happend when someone else hit you, or for stuff that you are trying your hardest to get into order. I cant afford to loose work because my registration is expired and I cant drive there. I cant afford to drive my Jeep because it gets 10mpg at best, and rolls like an offbalanced egg. You dont think I know I shouldnt have gotten everything fixed first?? To me, riding is enough of an escape, it makes every other bit of my life worth it, that Im not going to give it up or stop for just about any reason.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 06:55 PM

TB, please don't think I'm jumping all over you, and I'm definately not trying to argue with you. I do feel your pain about having your bike messed up from someone else's idiocy. I am really sorry about that. And I do understand what its like to struggle financially just to make ends meet and afford the things you want to do. So try not to take what I'm saying as a personal attack on you.

I'm just saying, TB, that one shouldn't be riding a bike that's going to get one pulled over. If one does then one should be ready to receive a ticket, and if one receives a ticket then one shouldn't be surprised at all.

Now, with your insurance that I can see is an honest mistake since you had the card out and I can see that happening. But before one goes riding one should check to make sure they have DL, insurance card, and registration. Otherwise one shouldn't ride.

Again, I'm not bashing you or flaming you at all. I'm just saying that I my honest opinion, and its just an opinion, you shouldn't have been riding until you got all that stuff taken care of. Especially a joy ride. Its not like you were going to get milk for your starving kitty, you were out riding twisties when you didn't need to be. I hope you get the title soon so everything can get straightened out, and just take this as a life lesson. We all get them.

I bleed GREEN
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 06:56 PM
bwa
Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Blonde
The bike is street legal in Tx. It passes inspection. You dont even have to have blinkers in Tx. The only thing wrong is the broken mirror, and I highly doubt I am the only person to have riden w/o a mirror. It HAS insurance (with Geico), I didnt have my card on me because it was at home, next to the phone where the previous day I had been constantly on dealing with a jackass insurance co. I honestly didnt know my DL was expired, I dont carry it with me because I am prone to loosing it, I carry a state ID instead. Upon examination, it was expired by less than a month, along with my registration. As much as I am for motorcycle safety, I think its obsurd to say that you should never ever ride if everything isnt perfect. Riding and motorcycles have become the dominant part of my life, but I am poor enough to have to fight to enjoy what I can get. My insurance costs me almost 2 weeks pay, and its only $130 a month. With gas, Jeep repairs, and various other bills, its hard to keep everything perfect all the time. I had everything fixed on the bike, and just about everything fixed with my registration when I was backed into. As soon as I get my title from IL (which I am assured will be before the end of the month) everything will be fixed.

I really dont want to be arguing with you, but it doesnt seem you have any idea how it feels to be jumped on because of stuff that happend when someone else hit you, or for stuff that you are trying your hardest to get into order. I cant afford to loose work because my registration is expired and I cant drive there. I cant afford to drive my Jeep because it gets 10mpg at best, and rolls like an offbalanced egg. You dont think I know I shouldnt have gotten everything fixed first?? To me, riding is enough of an escape, it makes every other bit of my life worth it, that Im not going to give it up or stop for just about any reason.

shit happens, it sucks but laws aren't gonna bend for you, because you're in a shitty situation. what did you expect by posting this? and don't turn this into your accident thread, ya got one for that already. And we're not talkin about small things being f'd up, you're talkin about 80% of your brakes being gone for fucks sake.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 07:02 PM
" It Time To Ride "

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online

Send a message via MSN to Justmax
I'm not going to beat a dead horse read what you wrote in beginning and really think about what you said. No lic, No reg, broke mirror, no proof ins and etc. He was doing his job. It suck have your bike broke by someone,but you need get all square away before you ride it.

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 11:28 PM

I've ridden worse than that before. I've been in shitty situations before too so I can understand why you were out riding. It's dangerous to ride without front brakes - take that from someone who went riding without them and lost the rear also (cost me a lot of money) - fix that shit first. Don't sweat the other stuff. Hell, if you desperately need it I've probably got a spare master cylinder that would work - pm me.

Just remember: It's going to cost a lot more to fix something (yourself, another persons car, etc...) as a result of a crash than it is to fix your own stuff in the first place.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 06:19 AM

Ken should've read this yesterday when he was bored.....oh the drama.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 11:19 AM
pfft.

we all know you have reasons for going out and riding. our argument is that you should feel so upset at the cop because he had reasons to give you a ticket-- reasons you were aware of before you went out riding.

we're not saying we've never done aynthing like it. believe me. sometimes, I get on my bike and I get half way to where I am going and realize I forgot my wallet with driver's license. then I decide to just keep going. I do so full knowing that if I get pulled over I am F*CKED! If I actually got pulled over, I'd be pissed, but I'd be going because I DID know better!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode