Got pulled over for no City Sticker - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Got pulled over for no City Sticker

dammm...got pulled over today for no Chicago city sticker! $120 fine! dammm... thats a lot! Looks like I need to go get a sticker. How do I contest this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 08:31 PM
rider for life

Sportbike: CBR1100XX
Years Riding: First let the clutch out in 1972
How you found us: no- you found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider
How do I contest this?
You don't. You will waste your time. You will be unsuccessful. You will pay up, or much more later.

Mayor Daley has cracked down hard on all you lowlife scofflaws, and considers this (along with parking violations) as a prime revenue source to balance the city budget and make him look fiscally responsible. You either pay and pay damn quickly, or the City Of Chicago will first raise the fine, then put your name/license into their system and try to seize your vehicle and sell it at auction. All proven legal and unbeatable. Whadda you gonna do bout it?

Submit now or pay big time. The King of Chicago For Life has you by the balls.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

You got to be kidding me? pay ths $120 fine, plus go get the sticker? dammm!!!
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 09:15 PM

King Daley Cereal

That's right. And here's the killer, the end of this month the new ones come out. Right now if you want to be proper on things, you'll go to city hall downtown and pay 85 for a metal circle (not a real sticker) to put on with your license plate and pay the 120 fine. Then at the end of this month you'll pay 45 bucks for the new one for the rest of the year. Your total right now WILL be $250.00.

Just don't forget, end of this month it's the normal price of 45 bucks for the whole year. You live in Chi, pay on time and no probs after that. I'll show you my burn marks whenever I can. lol

P.S. there's nothing to contest. If you didn't have it your fault.
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Can I just wait until next month for the new one?
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 09:27 PM

now you see me, now you don't!

Quote:
Can I just wait until next month for the new one?
Yeah. But don't get caught again. I got my ticket when it was parked! If they want they can simply pull you over. It's very obvious you don't have one when you don't have one. It's a big circle metal plate. If they just see the standard retangle it's over. It's the cops decision. But everytime it'll be 120. You'll be taking the chance. That's all.
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 09:57 PM

WTF is a city sticker, and where do i get one?
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN

another good reason not to live in the city

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 10:42 PM

Yeah, but you're lovin it in secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ91
another good reason not to live in the city
Spare me. It's 45 bucks once a year. That's nothing. Anyways, I'll be enjoying the Taste of Chicago, Air and Water Show, Free fireworks every Wednesday night, Blues Fest, one of the largest parks in the nation, etc. etc. etc. More than likely you burb people will either be coming to our shows and/or bringing your friends from out of town here. Cause we all know there's only so much bowling you can handle in the burbs. lol

There are a ton of things not to like about Chi but man, 45 bucks as a one time fee c'mon.

Last edited by Loki_D_Wolf; 06-17-2005 at 10:46 PM.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

plus all the restaurants and other joints open LATE!
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 10:45 PM

Sportbike: '04 yz250f
Years Riding: enough to know better
How you found us: search engine

isn't it true that even if your city doesn't require you to have one you still should go to the city hall where u live and get one in case you got chgo so they can't stick you with $120.00
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 10:47 PM

Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkaiho
WTF is a city sticker, and where do i get one?
It's something required on all cars and motorcycles. If you reside in the city of Chicago it is a mandatory thing. Even some burbs require a city sticker (though they're not usually as pricey as Chi).

The new ones you can grab at a Currency Exchange (if they have them now I don't know). One of the fastest ways is going downtown.

Last edited by Loki_D_Wolf; 06-17-2005 at 10:52 PM.
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 10:49 PM

Stickers Pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoytekNT
isn't it true that even if your city doesn't require you to have one you still should go to the city hall where u live and get one in case you got chgo so they can't stick you with $120.00
I don't know about "visitors". I mean it'll be easy to prove if your burb sticker is already on (if your township/city requires one). Other than that they probably can use your plate and/or VIN and verify you're not a Chi person.
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 10:51 PM

Bonus

Quote:
+1000cc.

I mean screw a Denny's! lol
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 12:07 AM

Sportbike: '07 Factory RSVR
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: member

NOt true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoytekNT
No, this is not true. Before they issue the ticket (bike parked or you're out and about), the CHICAGO COP is supposed to "run" your plates BEFORE he writes you up.....if the plates come back as the bike registered outside of Chicago (Residence), he cannot/should not write you up. Unless he's being lazy or being a DICK or both. Even if he pulls you over and you tell him you're a Suburbanite, if you piss him off, he'll write you the ticket and make you appear in court.
You WILL beat the ticket in court but you'll have to bring proof you don't live in the Shitty, I mean City.
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 12:11 AM

Sportbike: '07 Factory RSVR
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: member

Food!!!

Quote:
+10,000
That's what I miss the most! At 2:00 am, I could find any type or food,drinks, restaurants and Bars open!
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 01:12 AM

Burp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys4pops
+10,000
That's what I miss the most! At 2:00 am, I could find any type or food,drinks, restaurants and Bars open!
I just had some screwdrivers and ordered a pizza. Sure you can do that in the burbs but I can do that or hit a live band bar place and then a club and then another eatery. Why did he open this can of worms? lol
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Old bikes RULE! RIDE ONE!

Sportbike: Aspencade - sold, GSX-R 1000, GSX 600 F - sold, CB 250, DT 100 A, JR 50
Years Riding: since dirt was new and Jesus was a baby
How you found us: Doc, CherryPicker, BFree - The Paddock at Grattan Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_D_Wolf
Spare me. It's 45 bucks once a year. That's nothing.
What are your yearly plate fees, in addition to the sticker fee? In Ohio it's $35.00 per year and no city or county stickers. Indiana's plates are based on the value of the vehicle. I'm REALLY glad I don't live there.

"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard..."

The first turn is the worst turn, between the left ear and the right one.
post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 01:44 AM

Howl much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Taborn
What are your yearly plate fees, in addition to the sticker fee? In Ohio it's $35.00 per year and no city or county stickers. Indiana's plates are based on the value of the vehicle. I'm REALLY glad I don't live there.
Once a year we pay for city sticker and plate sticker. Forgot for a car but I believe it's about 35.00 and the city is 65.00. And no matter what you don't want to buy late. ThBut Bill it's been so long for me. I'm sure someone driving a car can correct me. I'm just a 2-wheeler (yes, all year).
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 02:21 AM

last year in nebraska it cost me: 27 dollars to pay my, liscense fee and taxes on a 94 ford thunderbird. when we moved here my girlfriends "tax and liscensing fees" were closer to 200-250 plus the stupid city sticker, and residential parking sticker for a 94 mazda protege (so essentially well over 300 bucks)... I can't even imagine what it costs for a newer vehicle... oh ya around 500 for a 2000 bike...
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 05:26 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Sandman, you crack me up.

So if newrider had paid the $45 he wouldn't have gotten a ticket. Guess you'd better suck it up, bro, and next time be legal in the first place.

As for the city/suburb thing, I live in Naperville and work in the Loop. I like the city a lot, but I have too much stuff to live in it (my SUV, gf's car, 3 motorcycles, 6x12 enclosed trailer) and parking would kill me. I drive down here in the evenings and weekends when I work and I haven't been hassled at all for no city sticker.

We're all Chicagoland people. Group hug!

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 06:49 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Spare me. It's 45 bucks once a year. That's nothing. Anyways, I'll be enjoying the Taste of Chicago, Air and Water Show, Free fireworks every Wednesday night, Blues Fest, one of the largest parks in the nation, etc. etc. etc. More than likely you burb people will either be coming to our shows and/or bringing your friends from out of town here. Cause we all know there's only so much bowling you can handle in the burbs. lol

There are a ton of things not to like about Chi but man, 45 bucks as a one time fee c'mon.

You slay me.....guess what I enjoy all those things you mentioned, plus, I don't have to deal with the noise, crime, I can leave a vehicle parked in my drive, with the keys in the ignition, and it will be there in the morning! I want you to try that in the city And for bowling, I brought the boys a few times, cause they wanted to try. Plus, for roads with corners, you have to come to the burbs

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 06:54 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
I just had some screwdrivers and ordered a pizza. Sure you can do that in the burbs but I can do that or hit a live band bar place and then a club and then another eatery. Why did he open this can of worms? lol

I walked the dog in the peace and quiet, without worrying some lowlife was going to stick and gun in my face for the $40 I had in my pocket Guess everyone has forgotten what happened to Hiecker and Slowass last year, robbed at gunpoint on a crowded steet, ahhhh the joys of big city living

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:38 AM

I hate the burbs, but I sure do miss having a garage.
post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 07:22 PM

I've had to street park my car since late feb. over in wicker park. Since then, I've received, oh, 5 or 6, $50 parking tickets for all sorts of bullshit that were untrue or not my fault. Chicago parking and registration are the biggest bunch of low life cock sucker scammers in the world. I'm so sick of these fucking morons posting 3 signs over a mile radius about street cleaning the night before they are coming out and then ticketing the entire street. I've had nothing but problems with parking since I moved. Thank god I moved today (again) and my job hooked it up with not only my apartment but the parking garage below the building. Bunch of dirty fuckers I tell you...I've contested 4 tickets that are all still pending. On a side note, don't worry about city sticker shit if you aren't from chicago. I am baffled someone actually got pulled over in chicago for such a violation. I blow through yellow lights too late, pause briefly at stop signs, ride a bike which currently has expired plates (oops), speed, and generally break numerous driving laws here......the LAST thing I'd expect them to do is try to nail me on a sticker, that's poor odds when it comes to pulling people over. I've lived in the city now for 7 years and haven't gotten pulled over once, and I have broken the law right in front of them. Sounds like the cop had a 14 foot pole stuck in the anus. I'm so sick of city parking shit.
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:14 PM

Next stop, State Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC1957
You slay me.....guess what I enjoy all those things you mentioned, plus, I don't have to deal with the noise, crime, I can leave a vehicle parked in my drive, with the keys in the ignition, and it will be there in the morning! I want you to try that in the city And for bowling, I brought the boys a few times, cause they wanted to try. Plus, for roads with corners, you have to come to the burbs

Sorry, no burb compares to the city of CHICAGO Rick. C'mon. I would trump anything you put on the table. See, if this can of worms open up people would forget that it's basically what you want to be around which comes down to an individuals interest(s).

Me, the burbs are too quiet and I don't like the "life is out" after 8pm. I like the fact that people are walking around on Clark checking out the shops and just hangin' out. The Puerto Rican parade celebration is still going on! YEAH! I have the ability to hit all the different restuarants of different nationalities on probably 2 blocks! In the burbs it's 2-3 street lights and if you're walking around too much somebody might call the cops cause that'll be unusual (at night). And the crime is higher cause there is more people per capita. That's an easy one. You have 100,000 compared to 1 million yeah, you'll have a lot of crime with the million!

People that live here know the pros and cons and the pros out weigh the cons so hey, it's on. I'd rather live here and be by everything than to have to make plans to visit. It's apples and oranges. Besides, the world knows about Chicago and howl this is a bomb spot to be. Doubt they know where you're even at bro. :P
post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:16 PM

Seen my remote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkaiho
I hate the burbs, but I sure do miss having a garage.
I have a garage for my bike. I pay 35 a month. No, it doesn't compare to a burb but then I don't own property either. So no comparison.
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:17 PM

Bowling for.... oh you know the rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC1957
I walked the dog in the peace and quiet, without worrying some lowlife was going to stick and gun in my face for the $40 I had in my pocket Guess everyone has forgotten what happened to Hiecker and Slowass last year, robbed at gunpoint on a crowded steet, ahhhh the joys of big city living
Guess people forgot it was some bored kids from a burb that shot up other kids in a school. Basically cause it was nothing to do. Oh that's a whole other can of worms Rick. Let's not go there.

By the way, if you continue to think you won't be victim cause of where you live - you will be.
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:19 PM

And?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclewis12
last year in nebraska it cost me: 27 dollars to pay my, liscense fee and taxes on a 94 ford thunderbird. when we moved here my girlfriends "tax and liscensing fees" were closer to 200-250 plus the stupid city sticker, and residential parking sticker for a 94 mazda protege (so essentially well over 300 bucks)... I can't even imagine what it costs for a newer vehicle... oh ya around 500 for a 2000 bike...
I think that Chicago alone is bigger than the whole population of Nebraska state! lol

So um, yeah, taxes and everything is high. That's a given. It's a major metropolitan place. What did you guys expect?
post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Chicago is a great place to be young in, but once I had to start thinking about what public schools my daughter would be attending it was on to the 'burbs! The fact that I only pay $30.00 per car and $5.00 for a bike for village registration is gravy. + as a property owner you get very little bang for the buck tax dollar wise in the city. I'm still close enough to get in easily if need or want be.

"but the suburban scumbags they don't care, just get fat and dye their hair. I love living in the city!"

FEAR

<--------Sticky Nicky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode