Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Help your fellow members out with winter storage here

2K views 53 replies 17 participants last post by  Stydie 
#1 ·
I am thinking it might be a good idea to put together a list of people who have extra garage space they would like to loan out or rent out. I have no problem with people charging a little rent for this since it is taking up some of your personal space in your garage. Thats only natural. ut remeber it is your fellow riders so lets give them a break. Some people arent lucky enought to have large garages like some of us.

I persoanlly have one space in my garage that I would let be ocupied for $50 a month. if someone needs it. Now price directly reflects the fact that I will no no extra spce in my garage to do anything in there. Someone who has a third car space sitting empty might charge a little less.

#3 · (Edited)
I've got some space I'm willing to rent out too. It will be more than Tony's Hella deal since a 5x10 storage garage is almost $100/ month. It will be quite a discount to that though. You must have your own insurance, I'm sure I could squeeze two maybe three bikes in. PM me if interested.

#5 ·
Stydie750SS said:
Does the going rate include a ride back into the city? ;)... you guys might want to list where these garages are located... I'd rather keep my bike closer to home than 1.5 hours away in Wisconsin :D

Our locations are in our profiles
<------------------------------------

But my garage is in Romeoville. If you need a ride and I'm available to do it I might be nice enough to do that.:D

#6 ·
I've got room in my garage for $1 less than Tony and Brian....:p

Just kidding....I already have 3 bikes in a one car garage...no room.

I wish Dave (DJS) could see this thread as his R6 has been sitting in my garage RENT FREE for the last year.....never ridden either except for trackdays. That thing needs to go.... :mad

#7 ·
For those in Chicago:

I have an unattached two car garage behind my place. I have my car, and bike in there (along with Moto178's Gixxer...which I really haven't learned how to hot wire and ride wheelies on...honest:twofinger ) There's room for another one in there however, and for a small fee (higher than Tony and Crazy of course as real estate in the city is harder to come by, and always more expensive :D ) I'd be happy to help out.

PM me if you're interested and I'll work out the details.

Right on.

#8 ·
LOL, Fees are what ever you guys want them to be after all it is your private land. I just picked my number out of thin air. So you all dont have to follow me exactly. Some people will offer it up free I'm sure (kruz :twofinger ) amd others will charge 500 a month. LOL you know ehat I mean.

#9 ·
GsxrTony said:
LOL, Fees are what ever you guys want them to be after all it is your private land. I just picked my number out of thin air. So you all dont have to follow me exactly. Some people will offer it up free I'm sure (kruz :twofinger ) amd others will charge 500 a month. LOL you know ehat I mean.
LOL:laughing :laughing How could I charge more than $50 a month when your charging $50 a month down the street from me.:laughing :laughing Sounds like we should have started a Cartel before this was posted:D :cheers

#10 ·
Yeah but its supply and demand. The people who jump on this right away will get it cheap. But the people who wait will end up paying more. Like I said I only have one spot.

#11 ·
... biding my time waiting for the first free offer to come in... haha... :D

... I have free storage out in Lake Villa (in the warehouse) but if by some random change someone has space in the city cheap (read: free :D )...

you know what I'm sayin :twofinger

#12 ·
GsxrTony said:
Yeah but its supply and demand. The people who jump on this right away will get it cheap. But the people who wait will end up paying more. Like I said I only have one spot.
OK Mr. price gouger:D :laughing :laughing . I editted since I can't afford to give away the space like you.:laughing :laughing

#13 ·
If I somehow managed to sell the Maxim, I'll have one spot open in front of my car. Need it's own stands and insurance. Not heated.

You can help this cause by finding a buyer for that Yamaha Maxim, 1983 with 15,500 miles on it.

If the Maxim doesn't sell than this is voided.

Chris

#15 ·
I can take 4-6 bikes if I park my car outside or 1 more if I leave the car inside. Could take 2 if I get creative.

Covered and secure garage, but not heated. It's usually 10 degreses warmer than the outside.

The bad thing is that I'm 1 hour away from most people.

#20 ·
TerminatorR1 said:
I have a 2 car garage with only my bike, the lawnmower and snowblower in it. So I have so extra room as well. No charge. Just help me change the oil on my bike.:cheers
Great, another price gouger.:rolleyes I tell you what. Come over and I'll help you change the oil.;)

#24 ·
GsxrTony said:
So who owns the slut now? and whats wrong with it now?
a good friend of mine, mike (he came up to strats one nite), picked the bike up from BusaFreak. it ran for 2 days after he bought it. there's something wrong with the electrical system. its probably a bad wire somewhere or something. we changed the battery and the starter solonoid. at the battery, we have 12 volts. at the starter solonoid we read 11 volts. at the fuses, we read anywhere between 9 and 11 volts. so its basically been sitting there in my garage, and i've been trying to get him to take it to different people and places to get it fixed, but he hadn't done it. so now i told him to come pick it up...so now its sitting in a garage in addison. he doesn't really know what he wants to do with it. he was thinking of maybe trying to fix it himself, or rewire the whole thing, selling it as it is, parting it out, or maybe take it in somewhere.

#25 ·
Crazy said:

Great, another price gouger.:rolleyes I tell you what. Come over and I'll help you change the oil.;)
Actually price gougers are those who withold supply on a certain item until demand becomes extreme (i.e. bottled water when a hurricane is coming) and then jacks the price up beyond all belief... because he or she knows people will pay any price for that commodity :D .

Terminator is simply undercutting the 'competition' by offering his goods (space to store a bike) at a 'lower' 'price' (free). :p He doesn't need to turn a profit to 'pay' for the 'space' he already owns, and has instead decided help on an oil change would be better compensation. :laughing All about how you look at it.

I think i can handle an oil change hehe :)

#26 ·
Stydie750SS said:

Actually price gougers are those who withold supply on a certain item until demand becomes extreme (i.e. bottled water when a hurricane is coming) and then jacks the price up beyond all belief... because he or she knows people will pay any price for that commodity :D .

Terminator is simply undercutting the 'competition' by offering his goods (space to store a bike) at a 'lower' 'price' (free). :p He doesn't need to turn a profit to 'pay' for the 'space' he already owns, and has instead decided help on an oil change would be better compensation. :laughing All about how you look at it.

I think i can handle an oil change hehe :)
LOL Smart allic:laughing :laughing :laughing ...No more rides back to the city being offered.:laughing :laughing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.