What I wanna know is... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Evil Moderatrix

Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
What I wanna know is...

When are folks gonna realize that the street is not the place to "push the limits" of your bike? Wiping out cuz you're riding like an asshat isn't cool... it's stupid and annoying. Since when did road rash become a "badge of honor"?

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I have ben saying that for years. no one friggin listens. somwhere along the lines group rides got perverted into competions. it shouldnt matter your experience level on a ride becasue there shouldnt be anything going on that is above a basic level.

If people wanna go out and tear it up on thier own time great, but dont do it in a ride and dont lead a ride in that manner, thats not what they are for.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #3 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBOlsen
When are folks gonna realize that the street is not the place to "push the limits" of your bike? Wiping out cuz you're riding like an asshat isn't cool... it's stupid and annoying. Since when did road rash become a "badge of honor"?

AMEN...

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #4 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:32 AM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

its a maturation process that takes time, hopefully time doesnt run out on some people before it happens.

I could put together a list of people........ Im sure you can to.

Its a shame that sooooooo many people have given up on group riding..it really really is

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #5 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:34 AM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

when people die, unfortunately.

You guys are right. With a group this size anything more than a liesurely ride in the country should be done in private between themselves. There is no sense organizing a group ride to rail through the corners. You may think you know people but the first step is to get over yourself cause you don't!!!!! Your just asking for people to come out and crash. This shouldn't be a "look at me I'm fast and I'm the leader thing" It should be "I know the way to a cool place, let's go there and grab some dinner". After that if you want to rail through some corners with a couple of friends that's fine. But with 20 people in a group how do you know your not going to get someone in over their head? Or maybe, people don't care because they aren't responsible for the actions of others. But if they do care, things will change.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #6 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:38 AM

Sportbike: none...all gone
Years Riding: a while
How you found us: ken

Well said all.

CCS race official
sold the track bike
too slow to ride

"Repairs end December 31. 2011."

OK, it was a tough day.....back open again!!!
Bring me your broken down machines.

Butch @ 630-777-0273

Ytrap #819, forever in my prayers.
Arch, this Bud is for you..
post #7 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:50 AM

Quote:
QOTW.......excellent.

I've never understood how some people can't figure out that there usually isn't a second chance in a street crash. They're flirting with death or dismemberment and seemingly have no awareness of the repercussions.

It just baffles me............
post #8 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:56 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:

+1 Kim. Last year I went on TONS of group rides. I was all over the place riding with lots of people. This year I've really gotten away from group rides. I've been on a few, and even organized my first breakfast run. It just isn't what it used to be. I find myself preferring to ride alone, or with a select number of people I've riden with and know. I have a lot more fun and I feel much safer.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #9 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:58 AM

I agree completely.
post #10 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:59 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

i agree, but i want to point out something and ill use myself.

i too was and still am somewhat of a squid.
i use to rail, drag a knee, speed 3xtimes what ever posted speed limit, split lanes, think i could push a car around like i was driving a semi truck. i use to just about anything you could think of.

but guess what, ive changed alot, i guess you can call it experanced.

maybe what some others including myself are trying to do is help others NOW at this moment to realize what we are saying and hope you will stop.

i still find myself wondering those close calls, how the hell i didnt die or get creamed when i ran wide and missed a head on by 1 foot!

well god is keeping me around for something...so all i can try to do is pass on what i know from experance so hopfully i can save a life, and maybe help others pass on some experance to save lifes but most of all make some think for themselfs and not follow others doing the fucked up shit just so they can be considered cool.

lets wake up folks and enjoy our bikes and enjoy the road.

save the wacky shit for the track.

hell i am even giving you free track days to get off the streets and to go to the right place to go faster and drag that knee to FEELLLLL that rush.

on the public roads...i just love to cruise and take in the sights, and my friends.

post #11 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:14 PM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Question. How does a group ride affect someone crashing? I agree that some may feel the need to keep up, some get 'hyped' up and go faster than what they can handle, but that's the riders fault, not the group they decide to ride with. So, with that said, instead of asking the board this question, maybe you should PM the riders that have crashed and ask THEM WHY they push it? Also, as you guys said this year there has been a lot of accidents, but what you need to understand is that it's going to happen, it just so happens that it has increased this year. Why? Beats me. And the only way to prevent this from happening is to have a banner stating, "don't join the site unless you track only or don't ride over your head," but you all know that's damn near impossible. Once again, you can't stop thinks from happening, you can TRY to prevent it but not everyone is going to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?

Last edited by EndlessRR; 09-19-2005 at 12:21 PM.
post #12 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys
hell i am even giving you free track days
Explain.
post #13 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:17 PM
YO MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAlfredPrufrock
Explain.

ever looked into our nesba forum?

ive only given away a couple of thousand dollars in free ones this year, let alone last year.

post #14 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys
ever looked into our nesba forum?

ive only given away a couple of thousand dollars in free ones this year, let alone last year.
Well if my bike happens to sell this week on Ebay and Sticky Nick's bike is still around perhaps I will take you up on that next year.
post #15 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR
Question. How does a group ride affect someone crashing? I agree that some may feel the need to keep up, some get 'hyped' up and go faster than what they can handle, but that's the riders fault, not the group they decide to ride with. So, with that said, instead of asking the board this question, maybe you should PM the riders that have crashed and ask THEM WHY they push it?
Because some of us actually give a SH!T ABOUT what happens to the people who come out for our rides

That said, we feel we would like to do everything possible from scrapin' brains off the road

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #16 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:23 PM

I do not push my limits, or my bikes limits on the road, but I may very well be pushing the roads limits at times.
post #17 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:27 PM
My lil Stunt Girl

Sportbike: Still riding my 04 R6 in my dreams
Years Riding: Retired
How you found us: Craigslist

Send a message via Yahoo to Chigirl
Wow!! There's perfect people on this board that never make mistakes. VERY impressive!!! The simple ass answer to some accidents is that someone just made a mistake. No other explaination except that. You can care all you want and you can try to avoid it as best you can with invite only rides and gear is mandatory but the reality is people make mistakes. Its a part of life and we have deal with it every day.
post #18 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy
Because some of us actually give a SH!T ABOUT what happens to the people who come out for our rides

That said, we feel we would like to do everything possible from scrapin' brains off the road
wow... pretty ballsy to insinuate that endless does not give a SH!T...
post #19 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:28 PM
YO MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAlfredPrufrock
Well if my bike happens to sell this week on Ebay and Sticky Nick's bike is still around perhaps I will take you up on that next year.

its a enter to win raffle type drawing. but i wish you luck

post #20 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:31 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigirl
Wow!! There's perfect people on this board that never make mistakes. VERY impressive!!!
wow are you our over the front of your skis...where do you see this? please quote

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #21 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:31 PM
YO MAMA

Quote:
Wow!! There's perfect people on this board that never make mistakes. VERY impressive!!! The simple ass answer to some accidents is that someone just made a mistake. No other explaination except that. You can care all you want and you can try to avoid it as best you can with invite only rides and gear is mandatory but the reality is people make mistakes. Its a part of life and we have deal with it every day.

that is very true "not the smart ass part though"

and its those times when accidents do happen when someone did there best to reframe themselfs and do the right thing and then sometimes not being to experanced or an accident simply happened, everyone can sit back and truly said that was an accident.

i dont think none of us are refering to those times...its the times when i/we/us/them are fucking off and shit happens.

post #22 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:32 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Quote:
I think we all understand that people make mistakes. Accidents will happen (which is why they're called "accidents")

I think the underlying point here is that a LOT of the accidents this season could have been avoided with some smarter riding. Period. From what I can tell, a number of new-er riders wound up over their heads on a group ride and wound up on the ground.

That kind of thing hasn't happened all that much in the last few years. I think some of the veteran members are realizing that trend, and trying to figure out what we can do to stop reading about the weekends' crashes - and go back to reading about the weekends' rides.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #23 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaikyPoo
wow... pretty ballsy to insinuate that endless does not give a SH!T...

If you guys are willing to right off a couple of wrecks a year as "rider's fault" because they need to ride their own ride fine!!!!!.....but when your talkin 2,3,4 wrecks everytime you go out???? I don't want to hear it. At that point I'm willing to say if you don't feel the need to do something simply by giving into ego and changing your behavior slightly for the good of others, you don't give a Sh!t

And Chigirl were not talking about being perfect, were talking about minimizing damage. For God's sake it's not one wreck...it's dozens!!!! Doesn't something have to be done?

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #24 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Quote:

Sorry dude, i went to the hospital, wasted half of m day to go back to hicktown to pick up his bike, yet i still don't give a shit. That's awesome. Was i supposed to massage his balls too to show how much i care?? This is similar to the helmet issues going on on this board, some wear em some don't, some wanna rail through the turns some know when not to, it's THEIR choice. So, i go back to my question, why not send ALL the people that went down this year a PM and ask THEM WHY they felt the need to be Rossi during a group ride? Then post up their reply, i would really love to see what their response is... Now someone pass me the popcorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #25 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR
Sorry dude, i went to the hospital, wasted half of m day to go back to hicktown to pick up his bike, yet i still don't give a shit. That's awesome. Was i supposed to massage his balls too to show how much i care?? This is similar to the helmet issues going on on this board, some wear em some don't, some wanna rail through the turns some know when not to, it's THEIR choice. So, i go back to my question, why not send ALL the people that went down this year a PM and ask THEM WHY they felt the need to be Rossi during a group ride? Then post up their reply, i would really love to see what their response is... Now someone pass me the popcorn.
woopdty...your willing to go to the hospital. I wasn't there and don't know what went on, but ask yourselve if you took responsibility, slowed down the pace and helped out in the first place, maybe you wouldn't have "wasted", (as you so elegantly put it) half your day at a hospital. If more of us agree to take that attitude as appose to the "oh well...he/she made a mistake" attitude, there might be less than 2 accidents per ride.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover

Last edited by Meulen; 09-19-2005 at 12:42 PM.
post #26 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
+1
post #27 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:45 PM
My lil Stunt Girl

Sportbike: Still riding my 04 R6 in my dreams
Years Riding: Retired
How you found us: Craigslist

Send a message via Yahoo to Chigirl
Quote:
woopdty...your willing to go to the hospital. I wasn't there and don't know what went on, but ask yourselve if you took responsibility, slowed down the pace and helped out in the first place, maybe you wouldn't have "wasted", (as you so elegantly put it) half your day at a hospital. If more of us agree to take that attitude as appose to the "oh well...he/she made a mistake" attitude, there might be less than 2 accidents per ride.

So quick to judge How do you know what the pace was?
post #28 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:45 PM

Quote:
If you guys are willing to right off a couple of wrecks a year as "rider's fault" because they need to ride their own ride fine!!!!!.....but when your talkin 2,3,4 wrecks everytime you go out???? I don't want to hear it. At that point I'm willing to say if you don't feel the need to do something simply by giving into ego and changing your behavior slightly for the good of others, you don't give a Sh!t
stating the obvious here, but you were not there. you have no idea how endless or mig were riding muchless if they were riding over their heads.

do you seriously think we just dropped a handkerchief and screamed out "YEEEE-HAWW!"?

which 2,3,4 wrecks per ride are you talking about?
post #29 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:47 PM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
....................... it shouldnt matter your experience level on a ride becasue there shouldnt be anything going on that is above a basic level.
Unless you put yourself in the "fast" group.

It all boils down to "dont ride over your head" on any ride whether your by yourself or in a group...........

Accidents happen, but if you as the crasher can look back and say I shoulda been going slower......you answered your own question.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #30 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaikyPoo
stating the obvious here, but you were not there. you have no idea how endless or mig were riding muchless if they were riding over their heads.

do you seriously think we just dropped a handkerchief and screamed out "YEEEE-HAWW!"?

which 2,3,4 wrecks per ride are you talking about?

Well then....where the HELL does your logic come from????? When people are dropping like flies everytime you guys go on a group ride there is something wrong!!!!!!! It doesn't take anyone "quick to judge" to see that.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode