No Judgement. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

No Judgement.

I havent met anyone on this board that I didnt like......except tazicool.

Anyway, with all the crashes this year, all the finger pointing, and hurt fellings etc.

I know I have been riding for quite a few years, but am in no way a "great" rider and have much more to learn.

Having only registered last year, I cannot consider myself a veteran.

But, since I am part of this "family" I would like to put a CONSTRUCTIVE post up about all of the current bickering.

Please post with your ideas, or even PM me and I will update if you prefer to remain anonymous as long as it isnt antagonistic.

What can members of this site do to instill a feeling of belonging, promote safety, and keep the comradery and avoid the high schoolish "click" feeling when we meet in social venues or on rides? I am being serious here because be it right or wrong I care about everyone on this site.

I will go first.

If you recieve constructive criticism from someone, take it as that and move on, there is no need to ostersize someone for trying to help. If you disagree to the point of name calling and publicly trying to give someone the "beat down" take it to PM's so everyone dont have to waste their time reading it.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Falcon Trainer

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati 848 Evo, 2012 HD Softail Deluxe
Years Riding: Lots of years....
How you found us: ??

Send a message via AIM to BusaGirl Send a message via Skype™ to BusaGirl
I don't want to see people chastised for crashing... no matter what the fault is, that person is going to have enough to deal with, adding public ridicule doesn't support the 'positive' attitudes that we are trying to maintain.

Hopefully they take experience away from the crash and become a better rider.

Busa /Ducati/HDGirl
NESBA #717

XBOX Live: JustPlatinum
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Curb your dogma.

Sportbike: another Honda:)
Years Riding: little while now....
How you found us: BusaDave

Respect other peoples opinions just as I hope you would the person if you were face to face w/ them. Some here may think this is hypocritical of me after one of my more recent volleys, but I reserve the right to call bs when someone else is talkin' out their asshole and it is directed at me. In the future, if they pull that kind of shit on me, I will respond ONCE publically,as I beleive everyone has the right, and then take it to the PM as Craig has suggested; I think this is good advice.

I think this is an excellent post and a subject that needs to be discussed. I think many of us have been a little too liberal w the rolling of the eyes, myself included.

In short, just RESPECT others opinions. We don't need to know that you think someones head needs to be examined or so and so is an idiot.

Good post Keg

"Cr-Cr-Cr-Crambone!!"
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
is that binary?

I agree that we need to be more inclusive in our get togethers....not that I ever get out to them though....

<--------Sticky Nicky
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:44 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

This site started and became great because members cared about each other and helped each other out. It sickens me to hear that people are willing to argue when constructive criticsm is given. People need to start putting the egos aside and be willing to learn. Nobody's perfect, but really, what could it hurt to try something new for the good of others?

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:47 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy
This site started and became great because members cared about each other and helped each other out. It sickens me to hear that people are willing to argue when constructive criticsm is given. People need to start putting the egos aside and be willing to learn. Nobody's perfect, but really, what could it hurt to try something new for the good of others?

+10000 thats my mother fucken boy!!!!

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 04:15 PM

Regardless of how nice you can be, how well you try to include everyone, some will always look at you as an outsider OR hold a grudge until the day they die because of what you have said to them.

Sure, you can be part of the whole group, but not always part of ALL of the group....fact of life, deal with it. I accepted this a LONG time ago and frankly, I could give two shits who does or doesn't include me. I pick and choose whom I will keep close to me and don't care if I'm excluded from the rest. I'm a big boy and don't have the desperate NEED of the "I wanna be everyone's friend or I'll go away hurt" type people.

You want to be part of this group? Get your head around this:

NOT EVERYONE WILL ACCEPT YOU!

Learn to live with that, you WILL be much happier in the long run. HTH!

BTW, I like watching y'all bicker/fight/piss each other off......it's entertaining.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:14 PM

And we know why no one likes Taziscool. :P Just kidding, anyway, good post.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:18 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in

GIVE RESPECT.

Providing 'constructive criticism' must actually contain constructive information.

Remember it is not so much the message that is heard but the manner in which the message is delivered.

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:27 AM
CLSB SoCal Chapter

Sportbike: 2004 Red Kawasaki ZZR 600
Years Riding: since 2004
How you found us: My hubby Shane aka "Nickyfan"

Talking

I think the problem is that it's the internet and what you read or write can be easily misconstued unless you presonally know the author of the post.

I really think that people need to take a deep breath and realize first and foremost that no one's attacking anyone here. We're all adults, I hope, and this is merely an exchange of opinions, friendly suggestions and constructive criticism.

Ya' gotta take what is written here with a grain of salt especially when the drama ensues.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and point of view, you can either take it or leave it but the botton line is respect for the other individual and that is what they belive in.

There's been a lot of foot in hand disease on here lately especially when the subject of leading, gear and crashes comes up. Everyone responds based on their own personal experiences at the present time and while something may closely relate to your latest situation, it's probably not necessarily directed at you personally.

It's just that a lot of individuals care about others here and with the # of incidences this year, they just don't want to see anyone else get hurt.

So before anyone thinks any one thread is directed at them, take a deep breath, put both hands on the computer table, push yourself away and get up and go do something else and comeback to it later. I guarantee that you won't add to the drama because of your own individual initial knee-jerk reaction.

I've had to do it a number of times, so I should know .

Thanks you for reading my novel, I give you back the last minute of your life now...

<--------Paulette
And the Wisdom to hide the bodies of those who refuse to
GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!
"Number '69' All the Way!"
"GO NICKY HAYDEN!!!"

Paulette's Facebook
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:20 AM

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy
I can certainly understand to a point the tendency to be defensive when these topics come up, particularly after a friend has gone down or worse, gotten hurt. There's also a tendency for those who believe that although we must accept that sometimes shit happens, we should NEVER consider crashing an acceptable outcome of a ride to get a little outraged when it appears crashes are being shrugged off as unavoidable.

With that said, for those with the need to feel defensive, what exactly is it you're defending? Your right to crash and possibly die? Your right to attend a ride when the organizer of the ride has asked that helmets be worn and you don't want to?

Does anybody really believe that a crash on almost every ride is an acceptable outcome? How about four crashes?

Has everyone, or even those who want to defend themselves, taken emergency first aid classes and know what to do to keep one of your "friends" alive while they lay broken beside the road? Do you even think to ASK before the ride if anyone has that knowledge? Do you honestly think that having your "friends" around picking up pieces of your bike or yourself affects noone but YOU? Do you really believe that it's the ROAD'S fault when you crash? Can you give just a moment's thought to how ridiculous that sounds?

Dave
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:44 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Believe it or not there once was a time awhile ago everyone onboard KNEW everyone on the board. As Brian said we look out for each other because Tony & Ken developed a site that was geared towards local people getting together for a ride. Ya know what? IT WORKED! We had GREAT rides, AWESOME PARTIES , and just hanging out somewhere in the winter time. I dont believe that Tony envisioned this place growing as fast as it did in the last 2 years. With it comes growing pains ofcourse and you deal with it and move on. There are MANY times i had to get up from the keyboard before typing a response and well i am glad i did in a few... Why? Cause I would of looked like the A$$HAT had i not!!

Anyway.....If someone hits upon an issue about gear its not that we are trying to be nazi's or whatever the flavor of the month term it is......Its that we genuinely care about you! Thats the foundation of this site. Careing and family oriented. I wish some of you could go back a few years and read some of the threads that were out there in the beginning.

Are we going out tonight?
DAMN! i dripped oil on my exhaust pipe!

Anyway take out of this what you want but please do note that we only do this cause we care. If you were truly not liked then you would be ignored.

Sorry but just my take.

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 06:12 AM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger
To answer your question, we must all look inward. The answer does not lie in someone else, it lies within ourselves.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 06:16 AM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Quote:
We should not be asking the question "What can we do?". We should be asking the question "What can I do?".

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 06:50 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
My view, everytime I have gone down, it's no ones fault but my own. And that goes for my crash of August 10th, after going over what happened, there was a number of things I could have done to prevent myself from going down. I was a dumbass for not coming up with those things before I went down, I have been doing this long enough to know better. Cagers do stupid things, I know that, to look upon something in disbelief, then waste more time sounding my horn as a warning was moronic on my part, I should have been on the brakes immediately instead wasting 2 seconds that I needed to avoid the situation. NO crash is acceptable in my eyes.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Puppy Love!

Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson

Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaGirl
I don't want to see people chastised for crashing... no matter what the fault is, that person is going to have enough to deal with, adding public ridicule doesn't support the 'positive' attitudes that we are trying to maintain.

Hopefully they take experience away from the crash and become a better rider.
+1

And then on another note.....Here are my feelings >>>>>> Ready?!?!

I remember my first night going to strats (seems like only yesterday ) BUT I was worried......I remember I was thinking of some of the members posts - bashing the way others ride, or not wearing gear...etc...and I know the difference between constructive criticism and just flat out flaming someone, and I don't know if some people do it to make themselves feel or look better, or if they just like doing...I dunno....

I like criticism, I WANT people to tell me what I should do to improve my ride or what I need to stop doing, or if their is something I am doing that pisses people off >PLEASE< tell me! I remember I texted BusaGirl asking her what everyone was like that Wed. before strats, because I was wondering will someone be like omg look at her....shes wearing gym shoes riding, what a dumbass squid.... - A majority of people on this board are not like that, but I didn't know that as a newbie.....and I think that is one thing that I saw about some members that worried me, and almost pushed me away, and I have some tough skin, I could honestly give 2 shits of what people think of me....but it annoys me when people think they are better or know more then you, and that gives them to right to just tell you how bad you do something and how they know everything. I could care less how great you are at something, that's not teaching me anything, I mean I'll give ya a gold star if ya want but I would much rather have you come to me and be like you know when you ride you do this and you really should be doing this because I've noticed that it's really affecting your ride. If you do that I would be grateful

That's all for now...

KJ

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009

Last edited by Gixx; 09-20-2005 at 09:17 AM.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 10:30 AM
vroom vroom

Sportbike: '05 Z750S
Years Riding: 10 yrs
How you found us: Katanaplanet

I believe that constructive criticism is a great thing, and have no trouble listening to people here or at work or wherever help me out with ways to improve. That said, constructive criticism has to start as a desire to help someone NOT to just go and flame him/her. I've seen too little true constructive criticism and too much flaming around here. You may be right, but you come off completely wrong.

Now to the other item I've seen mentioned, I believe that almost every crash is preventable, even those involving "stupid cagers". If you aren't analyzing what you did right and wrong after a wreck, well you're bound to repeat it. Please be open to listening to true constructive criticism when it is offered. Just as many people do not offer true constructive criticism there are too many people here that won't listen to good/fair advice even if it is delivered in a non-confrontational fashion. Many of us have been there/done that/been hurt etc. and want others to learn from our experience instead of from an accident of their own.

-Mike
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Falcon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerChicKJ
+1

And then on another note.....Here are my feelings >>>>>> Ready?!?!

I remember my first night going to strats (seems like only yesterday ) BUT I was worried......I remember I was thinking of some of the members posts - bashing the way others ride, or not wearing gear...etc...and I know the difference between constructive criticism and just flat out flaming someone, and I don't know if some people do it to make themselves feel or look better, or if they just like doing...I dunno....

I like criticism, I WANT people to tell me what I should do to improve my ride or what I need to stop doing, or if their is something I am doing that pisses people off >PLEASE< tell me! I remember I texted BusaGirl asking her what everyone was like that Wed. before strats, because I was wondering will someone be like omg look at her....shes wearing gym shoes riding, what a dumbass squid.... - A majority of people on this board are not like that, but I didn't know that as a newbie.....and I think that is one thing that I saw about some members that worried me, and almost pushed me away, and I have some tough skin, I could honestly give 2 shits of what people think of me....but it annoys me when people think they are better or know more then you, and that gives them to right to just tell you how bad you do something and how they know everything. I could care less how great you are at something, that's not teaching me anything, I mean I'll give ya a gold star if ya want but I would much rather have you come to me and be like you know when you ride you do this and you really should be doing this because I've noticed that it's really affecting your ride. If you do that I would be grateful

That's all for now...
+1,000,000

Great post Gixxerchic! It couldn't be said any better!

Busa /Ducati/HDGirl
NESBA #717

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
King Nothing

Quote:
+1

That's all for now...
Heres some constructive criticism:

Those tight jeans you wear are affecting MY ride, please stay behind me.

J/K leg-humping is still fun. Good post.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Puppy Love!

Quote:
Heres some constructive criticism:

J/K leg-humping is still fun. Good post.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry Craig I will remember to stay BEHIND you next time!!

KJ

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Falcon Trainer

Quote:
It's not just you.... She won't let me ride behind her for her fear of my target fixation....

Busa /Ducati/HDGirl
NESBA #717

post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

Here's some for ya

GixxerChicKJ, I don't like the fact that I haven't seen you wearing the CLSB Shirt I gave ya. Not in person or in any photos out on rides!

That is unexceptable...

.j/k

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!

Last edited by SmokinJohn; 12-28-2006 at 10:34 AM.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
King Nothing

Im good at bastardizing other peoples threads, but I have never bastardized my own thread!

Any other thoughts for the CLSB family harmony?

Also, I really appreciate those that have posted the "What can I do" soul seaching sentiments.

CLSB!

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Falcon Trainer

I just wish that everything just gets dropped soon...

There is too little left in the season for everyone to end it pissed off at each other.

But hey... Naperville Crew represents with harmony... we all love each other..

Busa /Ducati/HDGirl
NESBA #717

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Puppy Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaGirl
I just wish that everything just gets dropped soon...

There is too little left in the season for everyone to end it pissed off at each other.

But hey... Naperville Crew represents with harmony... we all love each other..
That's right, we are one big happy family....someone might piss me off, and that lasts for like FIVE SECONDS and then I'm like ahhhhhh what just pissed me off again??? Oh well......I still love ya!

If it's not something that will break a relationship, then I'm not getting pissed off....This goes with the whole BF situation too, if whatever he did isn't that bad enough to end everything, then why even be mad....being mad, bitter, pissy, shitty, or whatever you call it is a waste of time!!! I'm just like and then carry on with life!

KJ

Quote:
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Falcon Trainer

Quote:
being mad, bitter, pissy, shitty, or whatever you call it is a waste of time!!! I'm just like and then carry on with life!

I'm voting you the most enlightened chic on CLSB!

Busa /Ducati/HDGirl
NESBA #717

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:01 PM
" It Time To Ride "

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online

Send a message via MSN to Justmax
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labdog
Believe it or not there once was a time awhile ago everyone onboard KNEW everyone on the board. As Brian said we look out for each other because Tony & Ken developed a site that was geared towards local people getting together for a ride. Ya know what? IT WORKED! We had GREAT rides, AWESOME PARTIES , and just hanging out somewhere in the winter time. I dont believe that Tony envisioned this place growing as fast as it did in the last 2 years. With it comes growing pains ofcourse and you deal with it and move on. There are MANY times i had to get up from the keyboard before typing a response and well i am glad i did in a few... Why? Cause I would of looked like the A$$HAT had i not!!

Anyway.....If someone hits upon an issue about gear its not that we are trying to be nazi's or whatever the flavor of the month term it is......Its that we genuinely care about you! Thats the foundation of this site. Careing and family oriented. I wish some of you could go back a few years and read some of the threads that were out there in the beginning.

Are we going out tonight?
DAMN! i dripped oil on my exhaust pipe!

Anyway take out of this what you want but please do note that we only do this cause we care. If you were truly not liked then you would be ignored.

Sorry but just my take.
+1 Kelly

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Group hug is in order.....

Girls first

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
King Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
Group hug is in order..............

Girls first
Have you ever heard of a "wish" sandwich?

OMG thats some old sh&t!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode