Motorcycle Dealership Ratings systems - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Motorcycle Dealership Ratings systems

Hey all,
Saw this in a thread I posted that took a MAJOR left turn at some point but I think its a kewl idea. Discussion ended up being abt coming up with a ratings system for bike dealerships in the Chicagoland area. I could probably build something like this for us on my personal site and then it would be something we would have to look at how dealerships are. Course I would need input and ideas from people about what they want to see, the simpler the better since its just to get an idea of what the dealership is like. Anyone interested ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

Cool, before putting in all that work.. Run it by Ken and Tony, need to make sure we are very objective about it and we dont run into affending any site sponsors. True enough, they need to know if someone is giving bad or poor service.

Just please check with Ken or Tony, just shoot them a PM with your idea...

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_neely_8
Hey all,
Saw this in a thread I posted that took a MAJOR left turn at some point but I think its a kewl idea. Discussion ended up being abt coming up with a ratings system for bike dealerships in the Chicagoland area. I could probably build something like this for us on my personal site and then it would be something we would have to look at how dealerships are. Course I would need input and ideas from people about what they want to see, the simpler the better since its just to get an idea of what the dealership is like. Anyone interested ?

i think it is a great idea
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:54 AM
This show is 'Rated NC17'

Sportbike: Honda's & Yamaha's
Years Riding: Late 80's
How you found us: CLSB found me!

Talking This really is a great idea!

If it gets OK'd this new forum would be a great value added addition to CLSB! Another reason to surf this site and draw in more members. Need a new ride? Time for some accessories? Your machine needs service? "Hmmm, where can one person go for some honest information from individuals actual experiences? Man. . . I would pay for a service like that!"

Here's the thread that started this --> https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...ad.php?t=32894 and it's a worth while read. . .

I like the points system idea. Comments and/or an explanation of what the positive or negative was. Rules? This will take a little thought but it really shouldn't get too detailed. CLSB has done a great job of allowing opinions. . . even when some were "questionable". An eBay like forum to review shops, stores and maybe even products is a strong idea!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. ~ Buddha
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:00 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

there is only 1 issue i know that would go wrong.

hardly anyone post when they get normal to good service, unless they got there dick sucked while they got free work.

face it, its when people fuck up is when you hear it the most.

that rule almost applyes to anything in life.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:26 AM

There are people who are so satisfied that you fixed their "vehicle" and some that are somewhat satisfied because it wasn't cheap enough

+1 on what odysseys says except the dick sucking, i aint into dat shit

What would be good to see is a site that lists the dealerships and compliments the actual names of people that work there. Salesperson to the mechanic. So you go in there and give your business to the people that actually care.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:30 AM

"Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career. It seems true to me, cause walking in here, I can hardly remember how I built my bankroll, but I can't stop thinking about the way I lost it. "

Gotta love Rounders.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:50 AM
rider for life

Sportbike: CBR1100XX
Years Riding: First let the clutch out in 1972
How you found us: no- you found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT270
"blah blah blah.."
Gotta love Rounders.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjohn
Just please check with Ken or Tony, just shoot them a PM with your idea...
Im a bit of a newbie on here so can you tell me what their ID's on here are so that I can get in touch with them. Thanks.

I def wouldnt want this thing to turn into a slamming contest for people but I guess in any rating system thats the risk because theres always gonna be someone that has had a bad experience. However I do know that in the short time Ive been on this list, there have def been people ready to give props to those who have helped them or given good service. I have had experience with people giving major props to Dan (Dano5150) and thats been all good. While thats an individual person and not the dealership, if we knew he was running parts in X shop, then maybe that would be the place to go to for parts. I can see the risk of it becoming a slamfest, but I think there are people who would be positive as well. I guess overall ratings for a dealership would be something thats fair to have as it would be the majorities experience. Also its not meant to be anything written in stone but more of a guide for folks that dont know how these stores are. Thats just my 2 cents.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Also one other point. This site wouldnt actually be the host for the reviews...it would just have a link that members could get to. I still want to talk to the owners but just wanted to make that clear.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

Odysseys & HDTONY are the PM's you need to make for the idea...

Again great idea..

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 10:39 AM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT270
"Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career. It seems true to me, cause walking in here, I can hardly remember how I built my bankroll, but I can't stop thinking about the way I lost it. "

Gotta love Rounders.

Niiiiiiice.

(Sandman, do an imdb.com search for "Rounders" with Matt Damon. )

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Where are the races?

Sportbike: 01 Busa
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: cant remeber!

Send a message via AIM to twistedspeed
I think its a great idea. Would give us(the dealers) an idea on what to improve on.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:19 AM
CCS - WERA - AMA

Sportbike: '04 600RR
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys
there is only 1 issue i know that would go wrong.

hardly anyone post when they get normal to good service, unless they got there dick sucked while they got free work.

face it, its when people fuck up is when you hear it the most.

that rule almost applyes to anything in life.
And your point is what?

I agree with you to a point but I have seen many posts bragging about or thanking specific shops and people. Regardless - if someone wrongs you should post up and let others know. One person bitchin or praising one shop isn't going to make a difference. Many different people with tons of issues might be a giant red flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolninja
What would be good to see is a site that lists the dealerships and compliments the actual names of people that work there. Salesperson to the mechanic. So you go in there and give your business to the people that actually care.
That's the point of this forum. The good and bad. The who what and why.

Right now any member can clutter up any forum with their rants or raves. Why not have a more official folder to put it all in and it's easy for someone next week or next year to look up experiences?

Are we there yet?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

There is serious concern by the owners of this site that this idea would just slam dealerships and I can respect that. This is also their site so they are well within their rights. I still think its a good idea though so I will probably build this on one of my own sites but wont have it listed here. If anyone is interested you can PM me, and I will tell you when its up and running. Tks.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:40 PM
CCS - WERA - AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_neely_8
There is serious concern by the owners of this site that this idea would just slam dealerships and I can respect that. This is also their site so they are well within their rights. I still think its a good idea though so I will probably build this on one of my own sites but wont have it listed here. If anyone is interested you can PM me, and I will tell you when its up and running. Tks.
This is really frustrating!

This would be a forum to refer to for actual experiences GOOD and BAD! If a dealer earns a slam then so be it! If someone kisses your ass then that will be noted to. When did we start being pussies???!?!?! "I'm scared of dealer X. They're going to get mad." SO WHAT!!! Maybe they can correct the problem or business will go somewhere else.

IT'S A RATING SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the outrage but I don't see why this is that big of a deal. Ebay does it and so does a thousand other sites. I see nothing but positives. More people will come here to do some buying research and maybe stick around. Maybe dealers will join up to offer thanks or explanations or DUH! sponsorship. If someone has a personal slam then gee maybe a moderator can delate that post or edit it.

We come up with a great idea that will probably help this site grow and all I see is fright. Why? Seriously explain to us members why this wouldn't work.

Are we there yet?
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_rbm
Seriously explain to us members why this wouldn't work.
One thing I can see right off the bat is that all dealers are potential site sponsors. Ya know, paying customers. Money is what makes the electrons flow fa yo.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Got Milk?

Sportbike: 2007 Suzuki GSXR600
Years Riding: To much street not enough track
How you found us: A little server said HELP!!!

I honestly had something like this on Sportbikes.net. Problem is my advertisers where also getting bashed. Sure they got some good props.. but most people talk about the bad. Not the good

Long live the Blue Dot!!!!
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 03:13 PM
CCS - WERA - AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
I honestly had something like this on Sportbikes.net. Problem is my advertisers where also getting bashed. Sure they got some good props.. but most people talk about the bad. Not the good
I understand that. Then maybe they can get involved - post up and correct the problem. The fact that it's posted in a public forum and people can watch the process unfold and get corrected will show how dedicated they are and probably generate more business for that dealer.

Are we there yet?
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Hey all,
I think there are just many things to think about when you run a site like this so I can def understand all the issues at hand. Like I said Im gonna give it a whirl outside of this forum, which I like alot, and then if you are interested you can view it on my site. I can see where they are coming from considering all the factors involved. I didnt want this to be a big deal..really.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 03:30 PM
YO MAMA

how many times i said people can post what ever they want about our sponsors or any other dealer?

how many times, WELL add this to the list.

everyone can post what ever the hell they want, good or bad about any dealer out there.

just have a head on when you do it, and be judged by all of us, cause i have seen some dumb ass;s hang themselfs

other then that my comment was already made...people dont post all the good only the bad.

system flawed.

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 04:31 PM
CCS - WERA - AMA

So then can we call the new forum - Flawed - ?!?

Are we there yet?
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 04:35 PM
YO MAMA

are you coming to strats tonight so i can wack you in the head

this place is getting to large with forums already...

also too moderating it, would be a nightmare cause if someone rants to hard we edit or delete it cause its to fucken rude, then its censorship, not to mention how are we/i going to establish the fact of the persons complaint?

i am not going to sit here and poke my nose into every person that has a problem and then see if it is valid or not.

i dont have the time for that not only that, the BBB can do a way better job then me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode