Finally Figured it Out. Thanks GIXXER!! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: GSX-R
Years Riding: 4 years
How you found us: Strats

Finally Figured it Out. Thanks GIXXER!!

Ok, so Sunday I woke up a little hung over from Saturday Night's church outing at the local nudity bar. I was bumming around the house and happened to walk outside to hock a luggie and noticed it was a nice day. I threw on my riding gear and hopped on the old gixxer. Mind you , I had no set plan or directions. I got on North Ave and just started to drive west. I started in Melrose Park and ended up in St. Charles. Man is St. Charles beautiful. Some sort of festival was going on and there were tons of people out there. I decided to make a left on some random street that travels along the Fox River. I was traveling south and it somehow turned into Route 38. Was on this route enjoying the river to the right of me. It was a perfect moment. It was somewhat of an epiphany of what life is. It was just an awsome ride. I mean, it really cleared my head. My first time actually enjoying having a motorcylce. Actually understanding the joys of ridding. Before this ride, I liked having a motorcylce. After this ride I understood the "Love" of riding. It's a FUC*ing way of life man. And I owe all to my GIXXER.

It really doesn't matter what kind of bike you have or how many cc's are in it as long as you "FIGURE IT OUT". I think that the "IT" will be different for all of us, but just rest asure that when you find out what your "IT" is, it will open your eyes to a whole other world.

Fuck it Donny, lets go bowling.

Thanks for listening. Just my .02 cents.

"Blood of a slave, Heart of a king."--Nasir Jones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 01:37 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

good shit
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 02:20 PM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
I have figured out that I enjoy railing through off ramps. I'm not sure if other's i ride with have heard but i usually scream really really loud inside the lid when approaching a nice sweeper/offramp. I love it. It's dangerous, i know, so spare me the lecture, but someday i'll learn to take if off the streets and to a track, someday.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

What do you mean, railing of off-ramps? I am not familiar with the lingo. Hey, if this is your "IT" , than so be it. No one has the right to tell you, you can't do it. As long as you are not endangering anyone but yourself, knock yourself out. If it's your moment of ZEN, so be it. Just be safe.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR
I have figured out that I enjoy railing through off ramps. I'm not sure if other's i ride with have heard but i usually scream really really loud inside the lid when approaching a nice sweeper/offramp. I love it. It's dangerous, i know, so spare me the lecture, but someday i'll learn to take if off the streets and to a track, someday.....

Hey Robert, have you seen the on Ramp to Langrange Road South from 79th St. It seems endless. huge long circle.

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Jewrassic Park Runaway

Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com

For me - it took a really bad day to figure it out. I was in not just bad, but border to suicidal mood (for a good reason) and just rode it off. Came back and life was different. Somebody, I know, said - riding is better than shrink!

However, as any other good medicine - it is addictive. It starts itching after 3 days of not riding
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 02:40 PM
B.O.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBD
Hey Robert, have you seen the on Ramp to Langrange Road South from 79th St. It seems endless. huge long circle.
Sorry, i usually stay in the burbs ya southsider!! j/k. Nah, i ususally stick to the same ones. One time Brian and i just got on 290 (I think that's the highway) and went on and off ramps all day long!

And Sancho, trust me, i can careless what anyone else could think/say about what I do. I know what i am capable of and don't push it, and even though it's not the safest thing to do i really do enjoy it, after all, if it ain't dangerous, then what's the point? Plus, going on the highway and bustin' 160mph runs is NOT my idea of riding, i'd rather be in a parking lot draggin' knee, which i can't seem to do. Either way, i know what you mean, i've only been riding for 2 years (1 season) and everytime i get on her it's amazing. I tell my friends all the time to come out and ride with me but they're more of the stunter crowd which i'm not too fond of since i can't do ANY stunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G

Quote:
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
Quote:
Originally Posted by samal
For me - it took a really bad day to figure it out. I was in not just bad, but border to suicidal mood (for a good reason) and just rode it off. Came back and life was different. Somebody, I know, said - riding is better than shrink!

However, as any other good medicine - it is addictive. It starts itching after 3 days of not riding
You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a shrink's office

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 05:30 PM

Yes. There is nothing like a ride along the river on a beautiful day. I ride there and other river roads. Rivers are my passion. Sometimes I drop my canoe in them and just spend a day going down stream. It's always a adventure.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 07:23 PM

"Newbies"......
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Yup, I am defenitly a newbie. I have only been riding for 1 year. And I really don't know how I am gonna cope during the winter.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR

IT BEGINS!!!!!

yeah dude, you totally need to get on the track. After a couple track days you realize how lame off ramps really are compared to a good combo like turn 5-6 into the bowl at Grattan

<--------Sticky Nicky
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho600
Ok, so Sunday I woke up a little hung over from Saturday Night's church outing at the local nudity bar. I was bumming around the house and happened to walk outside to hock a luggie and noticed it was a nice day. I threw on my riding gear and hopped on the old gixxer. Mind you , I had no set plan or directions. I got on North Ave and just started to drive west. I started in Melrose Park and ended up in St. Charles. Man is St. Charles beautiful. Some sort of festival was going on and there were tons of people out there. I decided to make a left on some random street that travels along the Fox River. I was traveling south and it somehow turned into Route 38. Was on this route enjoying the river to the right of me. It was a perfect moment. It was somewhat of an epiphany of what life is. It was just an awsome ride. I mean, it really cleared my head. My first time actually enjoying having a motorcylce. Actually understanding the joys of ridding. Before this ride, I liked having a motorcylce. After this ride I understood the "Love" of riding. It's a FUC*ing way of life man. And I owe all to my GIXXER.

It really doesn't matter what kind of bike you have or how many cc's are in it as long as you "FIGURE IT OUT". I think that the "IT" will be different for all of us, but just rest asure that when you find out what your "IT" is, it will open your eyes to a whole other world.

Fuck it Donny, lets go bowling.

Thanks for listening. Just my .02 cents.

yup, those are the kind of rides that make you reaize what its all about and how its become a part of your life. I had one of those rides 15 years ago, havent been able to stay off a bike since.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
IT BEGINS!!!!!
Most def.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 09:33 AM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

i know the feeling well
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 10:14 AM
B.O.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
IT BEGINS!!!!!

yeah dude, you totally need to get on the track. After a couple track days you realize how lame off ramps really are compared to a good combo like turn 5-6 into the bowl at Grattan
I hear ya! I WAS supposed to hit Autobahn this year BUT money was a little tight, so, i had to pass. Plus, i'm only getting better at my right turns. Stupid off ramps, i wish they'd close off the road so i can go the opposite direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G

Quote:
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 10:45 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Yup, I am defenitly a newbie. I have only been riding for 1 year. And I really don't know how I am gonna cope during the winter.
3 words......cold riding gear.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 04:37 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Quote:
one word: FIDDY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode