STOLEN- 1980 HONDA CB650 in CHICAGO IL - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

STOLEN- 1980 HONDA CB650 in CHICAGO IL

Owner: my friend Rick (broken cell phone, call/email/etc me)
Previous owner: ME (this shit is personal)
Pre-previous owner: my friend Matt (this shit is really, really personal)

Black and grey 1980's Honda CB650, 4 into 2 exhaust, broken left front turn indicator. Cleanish chrome, tank is black with grey undertrim. NO AIRBOX, it is rigged up with a circular air vent, see photos. Bike is VERY TESTY so likely if you see it this motherfucker won't drive away too quickly. Rear tire is at 60% tread, still has mud guard, engine cleanish, leaks like a motherfucker, will be missing two pieces of fairing: two triangles directly under driver's seat cushion:

On the right side, you will see a bright chrome circle screwed on with 3 washers that has 6 vents (see photos)

On the left side, you will basically see the battery.

Rear brake indicator is cracked, end of the seat has a small tear in it, probably still has a brand new "SUZUKI BOULEVARD" sticker on the tank (see photos)- it was a joke.. don't ask.

Contact me for VIN, plates, other information. REWARD AVAILABLE, both for the bike and the perp's identity. Find the bike AND the perp and I'll buy you dinner. DO NOT STEAL BIKES, DO NOT STEAL FROM ME, DO NOT STEAL FROM MY FRIENDS. PERIOD.

Pictures available @ http://www.chicagoburning.com/deathwish

LAST SEEN ON 3500 BLOCK OF BEACH, IN CHICAGO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 08:30 AM

With all the purty sportbikes in chi-town.....someone wanted that instead? Hope they die riding it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by taziscool
With all the purty sportbikes in chi-town.....someone wanted that instead? Hope they die riding it.
This is so personal I'd rather they don't- so I have the distinct pleasure of putting them through a wall.

My friend moved to chicago and found a bike, but needed a carb rebuild and he ended up rebuilding the entire bike for the hell of learning it, couldn't get the wiring down and a few other problems, anyway I drop this one on him for a good price and he's elated. He can ride full time and rebuild that one for his roomate.

Anyways, in one week, his roomate/best mate/love interest? leaves him high and dry, cell phone explodes, gets fired, bad relations with a few friends, and now his bike's gone.

Why anyone would want this is beyond me. I feel terrible for him, scouring old japanese cruisers in the area for a replacement cos I know he needs some outlet, riding is his only release. Poor bastard.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm a blessed man

Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattus
Scouring old japanese cruisers in the area for a replacement cos I know he needs some outlet, riding is his only release. Poor bastard.
https://chicagolandsportbikes.com/for...ad.php?t=33871

https://chicagolandsportbikes.com/for...ad.php?t=34041

A couple of friends of mine, Good bikes and pretty inexpensive.

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975

Last edited by ronhix; 10-12-2005 at 01:39 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Bring it on!!!!

Sportbike: Honda F6B
Years Riding: Since 98
How you found us: Friend, Motobeagle-RIP

Quote:

LAST SEEN ON 3500 BLOCK OF BEACH, IN CHICAGO.
Thats a mistake he learned cheap if you ask me. Tell your friend to get his shit togeather and NEVER leave a motorcycle outside in the city, especially Humboldt Park.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasguzzler
Thats a mistake he learned cheap if you ask me. Tell your friend to get his shit togeather and NEVER leave a motorcycle outside in the city, especially Humboldt Park.
..he left it outside my friend's house. We've never had problems. Granted, technically you should never leave a motorcycle anywhere but a concrete fortress of solitude.. but that's rather hard to transport.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasguzzler
+1 Even a shitty POS. At least get a big ass chain and a tree to chain it to.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 03:15 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

sucks... will keep an eye out, as i don't think this one is gonna be parted out.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I feel terrible for him, scouring old japanese cruisers in the area for a replacement cos I know he needs some outlet, riding is his only release. Poor bastard.
Wow, he's had some bad luck, maybe this could help ya out.......Oldschool cruiser. It's my wifes bike and in excellent shape.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 05:23 PM

Sportbike: 1998 CR 250
Years Riding: Dirt: 1988 Street: 2001
How you found us: Original Gangsta

Send a message via AIM to MoTo178 Send a message via MSN to MoTo178 Send a message via Yahoo to MoTo178
Report it to the police with the VIN and all that. Sure, they are busy and wont go on a manhunt for it, but... This guy wont get anything trying to sell the bike, and he wont get parts money for it. My bet is that is was taken for a joyride and the police will find it laying in an abandon lot or somewhere fairly close to where it was stolen.

Sean
NESBA ADVANCED #178

Property of Evil Monkey Racing
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Naperthrill Drama major

Sportbike: rc51... i like twins.
Years Riding: since i was like 5
How you found us: kc50

t6hey did your buddy a favor... wiring on an old bike like that? good luck with a fix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode