what part of "slower traffic stays right" people dont get? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

what part of "slower traffic stays right" people dont get?

got back from a trip. And me trying to drive at a decent pace. Notice i dont claim if i was speeding or not.

Im on a two lane highway, and it amazes me how people have no significance for others. I had two pricks in their BMWs driving slow in the fast lane, and you cant pass them up if theres a line of semis driving parallel to them. If i was on my bike, id freaking lane split 140 pass them. (no not the semis, they know how to drive)

Then theres some bitch that was going the speed limit right along the semis. Did this for miles on end. NO ONE CAN PASS. I was lucky and drifted her ass like nascar, and had a gap where the semis were and passed, like jeff gordan. She had a lot of oppertunities go move to the slow lane like common sense folks do, but she was a BITCH. After i passed, no one was lucky like me, and you can see just traffic backed right behind her.

Then you have the people in the right lane, that decide to get in the fast lane while your coming up. So you gotta freaking jam on the brakes. Then they take fo ever to pass the car in the right lane, then slowly ease back into the right lane.

To make me feel better, anyone got hot pics of busagirl at her party?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 03:49 AM
stuck in 6th gear

Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day

your horn and bright lights broken? a conservative flash or tap on the horn is usually good enough to get people to move over. if not, then they earn a much longer taste until they do move over
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 06:51 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolninja
If i was on my bike, id freaking lane split 140 pass them.

Hmmm, I recall you recently getting on someone when they talked about lane splitting. You said something about having a "death wish" if you do that. .

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Ahhh I had to drive back from the city last night, what a freaking aggrevating experience Slower Traffic Keep to the Right!!! Only in Chicagolalaland am I forced to pass on the right.....maroons!

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC1957
Ahhh I had to drive back from the city last night, what a freaking aggrevating experience Slower Traffic Keep to the Right!!! Only in Chicagolalaland am I forced to pass on the right.....maroons!

As aggrevating as it is, I see people going slow in the left lane in all areas of the country. Maybe in Canada they do it different.... eh?

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills
As aggrevating as it is, I see people going slow in the left lane in all areas of the country. Maybe in Canada they do it different.... eh?
Actually Chris I think it's a "city" thing It's seems in rural areas people are more intuned with other users of the roads.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 08:43 AM

I have to agree, and I think it is with all major cities. When you go to a rural place people seem to pay more attention. Oh and in Canada, its no different.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Very true on my way to springfield every day I never have this problem. its only when I get north of plainfield on 55

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 08:55 AM

When I was stationed in Alabama I saw the same problem, but I will admit it wasn't nearly as bad as it is in the urban areas I've driven in. People did tend to stay to the right more, but then again they also drove 5-10mph under the speed limit. Life is a little slower down yonder.

I bleed GREEN
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

We get alot of that here from the border to Madison. Mainly its the yuppie cars and UAV's (urban assault vehicles, aka SUV's) with "Land of Lincoln" plates.

Or my favorite one was around 95 or so on I 43 heading to Lake Geneva from Beloit. The whole eastbound lanes from the 140 exit to HWY O was down to 1 lane for construction. Had about 5 or 6 cars in front of me all going approx 50-60. NO ONE was going anywheres fast but was steady. Then I see some asshat in a benz flying up the SHOULDER passing some peopel that were behind me and freaked a few people out. So being 6:30am and not exactly "in the mood", my truck just happened to slowly "drift" onto the shoulder as he came up on me. Ever see those metal posts that WI likes to use for reflectors? His benz ended up eating about 5 of them trying to pass me on the shoulder. Barely slowed him down. Was on his cell phone too no less.

Last edited by YZFRob; 10-16-2005 at 10:12 AM.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 10:09 AM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
your horn and bright lights broken? a conservative flash or tap on the horn is usually good enough to get people to move over. if not, then they earn a much longer taste until they do move over
I believe that's illegal to do. It's legal in Germany and I loved crusing down the autobahn and one flash of the lights and people would move over for us. The US should allow the same since some people are to dumb to get their slow-ass outta the left lane.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach
I believe that's illegal to do. It's legal in Germany and I loved crusing down the autobahn and one flash of the lights and people would move over for us. The US should allow the same since some people are to dumb to get their slow-ass outta the left lane.

It can get you an agressive driving ticket, but thats EXTREMEKY rare, at least here. Usually the sight of the dakotas grille in their rear view gets them moving over. Then again I run my driving lights on during the day on the interstates.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 10:51 AM

You dont see things like that in europe. People always get out of the way if you want to go faster. Just flash your lights and people move
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Freaking Americans, I want to shoot their tires out when I see this. The same thing happened to us yesterday coming back on 90. Lady in minivan cuts in the rear of our bike line, leaving two bikes behind the pack. We clear a semi, she doesn't move over. I waited a little longer, she still didn't move. So I eventually passed her on the right.

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills
Hmmm, I recall you recently getting on someone when they talked about lane splitting. You said something about having a "death wish" if you do that. .

I wasn't getting on someone for it, just added to the persons comment. I said it's a deathwish doing it in naperville. Because the yuppies will get jealous of you lane splitting in stop and go traffic.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 08:54 PM
i need a new bike, this one is trashed

Sportbike: Yammies
Years Riding: A few
How you found us: fellow rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBD
Freaking Americans, I want to shoot their tires out when I see this. The same thing happened to us yesterday coming back on 90. Lady in minivan cuts in the rear of our bike line, leaving two bikes behind the pack. We clear a semi, she doesn't move over. I waited a little longer, she still didn't move. So I eventually passed her on the right.
What about that other van that cut right thru our group to get to the exit on the right.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Make my day!!!!!

Sportbike: Looking at a shiny Huffy!
Years Riding: 20+ yrs.
How you found us: member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolninja
got back from a trip. And me trying to drive at a decent pace. Notice i dont claim if i was speeding or not.

Im on a two lane highway, and it amazes me how people have no significance for others. I had two pricks in their BMWs driving slow in the fast lane, and you cant pass them up if theres a line of semis driving parallel to them. If i was on my bike, id freaking lane split 140 pass them. (no not the semis, they know how to drive)

Then theres some bitch that was going the speed limit right along the semis. Did this for miles on end. NO ONE CAN PASS. I was lucky and drifted her ass like nascar, and had a gap where the semis were and passed, like jeff gordan. She had a lot of oppertunities go move to the slow lane like common sense folks do, but she was a BITCH. After i passed, no one was lucky like me, and you can see just traffic backed right behind her.

Then you have the people in the right lane, that decide to get in the fast lane while your coming up. So you gotta freaking jam on the brakes. Then they take fo ever to pass the car in the right lane, then slowly ease back into the right lane.

To make me feel better, anyone got hot pics of busagirl at her party?

Isn't there a new law making this illegal?

Living life! Because before you know it it is over!

Joe

FACEBOOK
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
In europe it would be common. Here people would probably slam on their brakes. In Illinois it is illegal to drive slow in the fast lane. The problem may be cultural differences. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong. The guy in front of you is an idiot and the guy passing you is a maniac. But you, Yes you are perfect. I choose to go faster and here is why http://www.ebaumsworld.com/threelanecrash.html
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMan
The guy in front of you is an idiot and the guy passing you is a maniac. But you, Yes you are perfect

Couldn't say it better myself. New quote of the week.

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingit
Isn't there a new law making this illegal?
In illinois, yes. I was out of state. But it happens here too. I go the same route like hdtony does when going to JC Whitney to buy ricer add ons .
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwingop
What about that other van that cut right thru our group to get to the exit on the right.

hate those people too. Should slow down and get behind you, if they are going to slow down anyway to get off the highway.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 01:59 PM

There's only been once or twice that flashing my brights did not get the driver to move outta everyones way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode