I hate "Human Resource Department" - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

I hate "Human Resource Department"

I have been working in big corporate america for a long time and now having been with this new company we are growing so fast that we are slowly turning into what I wish we wouldnt. I didnt want us to forget where we came from and how we started, but we are now growing so much, so fast that we are becoming that monster.

HR sucks, they should be rah rah and for the employee and take care of your people attitude.. The so called Pro they we hired is an asshole, and his team of two little biznatches, suck too.

Uh, I want to go postal on them.... they create so much disharmony in the work place it aint funny.....

Nothing is confidential with them, they gosip and spread cancer all over the place.. the director is a 50 year old Burle Ives look alike, that is going through a mid life crisis, he drives a little 2 seater mazada sports car, with all the bling bling & Rims. he hired two little stuck up hoes out of college, they arent evenb cute, they are bean poles. they both are stuffy, cranky girls....

All three of them sit in his office at a round work station and talk shit and eat donuts. When will the executive committie see through his BS. I mean damn, they create more HR issues than anyone else.

OK, Thanks you for letting me rant!!!!!!! take a deep breath!!! 1,2,3,4, there there.... Do any of you guys deal with this type of shizit?

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

No, I fracking left large corp America 26 years ago for a reason.

I feel your pain.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Slow Old Guy.

Sportbike: Inline Two Wheeled
Years Riding: Since the beginning of time
How you found us: Dan Ortega sent me

Gotta love corporate politics. I worked for a Fortune 50 company... and the single largest HR problem, was the head of HR in our region. Don't get me started.

All I can say is that you get to make a choice, stick around and tolerate the crap or risk not sticking around. If you choose to move on, you may try to make the powers that be aware of the problem, and see if that does any good (highly unlikely in my experience). Remember, only take that avenue if you are willing to move on to another job. You may wanna have that other job lined up before you say anything

FWIW, I won't work for large companies anymore. Too much BS. Freedom and flexibility is worth much more to me than the stability of a larger corporation, especially now that larger coroporations aren't as stable a job as they once were.

Just my .02,

Wink

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
that punk kid

Sportbike: '05 ZX-6R (636)
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to AdrenalinJunkie Send a message via Skype™ to AdrenalinJunkie
I'm dealing with something similar.

Work for several small business which are growing at a pace which they cant handle. This results in a total cluster [email protected]!, and a totally unorganized and chaotic office.

The fun part sarcastically speaking is that I'm one of the people trying to fix it all. So the whole attitude/teamwork bit sounds all to familiar.

Like you, bunch of stuck up chicks in the office that think they own the place, owners driving porsches, and yet again..think they know how to manage (which they cant).

I feel you pain man...srry, but this happens in like 60% of businesses, small & medium sized.

Adrenalin Junkie
- '05 Suzuki GSXR 1000
- ** retired ** '05 Kawasaki ZX-6R
- NESBA "A" #616
- Founder/President - Creatix, Inc.
- Founder - BartendChicago - BartendChicago.com

Wikipedia - Adrenaline Junkie - An adrenaline junkie is somebody who feels as if they are addicted to adrenaline. Adrenaline junkies may enjoy competing in extreme sports like skydiving, surfing, motorcycle racing, or anything else that gets their heart rate up. This sort of addiction is brought on by enjoying the (adrenaline) "rush" gained from these activities.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:23 PM

Sportbike: 2006 FZ1
Years Riding: I only take walks
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via Yahoo to Cougar8000
John,

You got to ask your self one simple question: Are you ready to move on? If the answer is no, relax and just ignore all of these. Other wise it will drive you nuts.

I am working for Fortune 100 and it is a nightmare at times. I used to try to do something and try to speak up until I realized that I am only getting fucked in return. I started to keep my mouth shut and put less effort into my work. Guess what, I started to get better raises, even managed to get promoted couple of times.

Now, unless it has direct effect on me I let them do what ever they damn wish. Why am I still there. Simple. It is 2 miles from home and I am home everyday for lunch. They do not bug me and let me do what ever heck I wish, within a reason. I makle sure that my work gets done and it always gets done right the first time. Along with couple other reasons.

I think it is the same bs everywhere. Aren't you glad we all have a wonderfull outlet in the face of CLSB to vent out

Alex - Certifiable MSF Instructor
2006 Yamaca FZ1
The truly happy person enjoys the scenery on a detour

A man should choose a friend who is better than himself. There are plenty of acquaintances in the world; but very few real friends.

RIDE for Kids Donations

https://www.mishacycles.com
MishaCycles on facebook
Misha Tactical Arms, Inc
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Jewrassic Park Runaway

Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com

My wife is HR...nough said....
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Grammaton Cleric

Sportbike: 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
Years Riding: Since 07-01-2001
How you found us: Google, I believe

Send a message via AIM to MrBusa Send a message via Yahoo to MrBusa
I find HR to be about as useful as dust in a semi-conductor fab plant.

October is the month that we have to elect to make benefit changes for the next fiscal year and some of us at work had to contact HR to get some questions ansewered, which was a big mistake, because it was like asking them how one goes about splitting the atom.

-- Matthew --

"I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the Universe" - Jango Fett
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:29 PM
stuck in 6th gear

Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day

time for everybody to go to Blockbuster and rent Office Space.

start watching it on your computers at work too
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

Question: at work how many of you are referred to as "resources" instead of "people"?

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 06:42 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Dumped the corporate world and it's BS in 91

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I'd rather be railing :)

Sportbike: Riding Suzukis: 04 GSX-R600, 98 DR650SE
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Gixxer.com

Send a message via AIM to Jammin Send a message via Yahoo to Jammin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC1957
Dumped the corporate world and it's BS in 91
Oh, I can't wait, but the dinero is quite good now.. so I'm going to put up with it for a few more years.

J A Y riding around the world on a 98 Suzuki DR650SE (sanDRina)
follow at >> JamminGlobal.com | facebook | twitter | youtube

Consider a small donation to support my trip or Buy a T-shirt

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind." - Bob Marley
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:04 AM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

when you are with a good company these things aren't an issue. but when you work for a bad one...man do they suck!

My biggest HR beef is when TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY paid me one extra month follwing my termination and they didn't notice it, nor did I. (At the time I had left to go back to school and was getting student loan $ so I didn't notice the extra $1800 that also came from the same disbursement location as my pay) Then TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY noticed it 6 MONTHS later and wanted it all back IMMEDIATELY. Then we finally worked out a deal, but it has been OVER TWO YEARS SINCE I LEFT and I am STILL listed as an employee, I am STILL listed as having a campus office and telephone number, and they are STILL deposting into my Texas Teacher's Retirement Fund.
EVERY MONTH I have to call HR, explain this, and get the TTRF funds moved out of my account, since they don't belong to me. (Why bother, you ask? Because once I found out what these people were like about an extra paycheck, I didn't want to ever have to deal with this in the future.)
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

Thanks everyone, thanks for sharing and letting me vent, Day 2 in the drama, HR SUCKS!!! What Tools...... Keep it coming it is helping get it into perspective...... Oh I am not effect so much that I want to make a change myself, I hate seeing our people treated like crap......

Great point resources, not people!!!! What BS!

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 12:40 PM
BH

Sportbike: KTM
Years Riding: Long enough to get arm pump
How you found us: find who?

Send a message via Yahoo to BH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norseman82
Question: at work how many of you are referred to as "resources" instead of "people"?
had a high level manager call me and a few other young engineers "worker bees" once
whatever, he can kiss my yellow and black striped worker bee ass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode