quick question... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

quick question...

well maybe not so quick but need a little advice. don't know if I am putting this in the right forum so any mods feel free to move it.

I park my bike in an underground parking garage where I am employed. I went in to check on it today and noticed that it had been tipped over causing some damage. Basically here is what seems to have happened.
There are three of us who park our bikes in this area that is designated for motorcycles. When I went down to check on it today I noticed the bikes were not in there "usual" places. One of the bikes (older kawi) was pushed up into the rear of mine and up against the other guys Gold Wing. The way it looked is that someone in a car came in a little fast and pushed the cement stopper into the rear wheel of the kawi which fell into the Gold Wing and also pushed into the back of my bike knocking it over onto its right side. The other two bikes had minimal damage, just a foot rest on the wing knocked off and a bent up tail light on the kawi. Mine on the other hand didn't fair so well. The foot break broke off, the rear turn signal broke off, the hand break is bent up, there is a small crack and chip in the paint on the plastic tank protector (its a buell, false tank). And my main concern is this: I had the forks locked but now they won't unlock, yet they turn to just past center to the right but not all the way to the right... So my question is this for you guys who have dealt with some damage somewhat similar. A close guess to the amount of damage monetary wise? Is this something that I should file a police report and insurance claim on (pretty high deductible)? I talk to the garage manager and he is going to check the security tapes to see if they show what exactly happened, and to see if they can find the culprit. Whoever did it actually picked my bike back up, so I am assuming it was truly an accident, yet they didn't leave a nice little note with an explanation.

Sorry bout the novel. Just need a little advice. Thanks for any help you can give. Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Sarcasm in every post.

Sportbike: '01 ZX-6R, '88 Katana 600
Years Riding: 20+yrs.
How you found us: Written on a YWB's ass. Next to "EMR was here"

It wouldn't hurt to have the cops file a report.

That should make a possible claim easier to file later.

This would also give you some time to evaluate just how much damage was really done, and the total cost of repair.

So I say call the cops, and have a report filed.

Goodluck.

Ken.

My Garage.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Did you say they picked the bike back up??? have it finger printed!

yes file a report your insurance company will most likly want that. other than that sounds like your lock borke when the forks twisted voilently.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Lovin this Twin

Sportbike: 05 SV1000S, Wide Glide, DR350
Years Riding: 1/2 hour then it rained
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooligan
Id wait for results from the camera.... If you get any then proceed with the police. If you get results possibly you could get in touch with the driver that hit your bikes and handle it without involving the insurance.

Im sure the idiot that hit and run would be glad to pay for that instead of that plus a ticket for leaving a scene of an accident.

Hopefully it was your boss and you can bribe him into a huge raise plus a new bike!

This is gonna hurt!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

thanks tony, thats what I was thinking also, the only thing is that the bike had been parked down there all weekend so God only knows how many different people have decided to sit on it and the such. But I will see what they can do, luckily where I work many officers frequent the place and I have gotten to know quite a few of them. I also know that it had to happen sometime last night or this morning because one of the three of us checks on the bikes everyday if we leave them for any period of time. jake
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganZX6
Id wait for results from the camera.... If you get any then proceed with the police. If you get results possibly you could get in touch with the driver that hit your bikes and handle it without involving the insurance.

Im sure the idiot that hit and run would be glad to pay for that instead of that plus a ticket for leaving a scene of an accident.

Hopefully it was your boss and you can bribe him into a huge raise plus a new bike!

ya, hoping the camera comes back with some evidence. my boss is the one with the gold wing so I'm thinking he probably didn't do it... lol
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:55 PM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

File the report so its on record and your insurance company cant say its your fault and is a comprehensive claim not a collision.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

thanks kegger.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode