Anothermerger? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Old bikes RULE! RIDE ONE!

Sportbike: Aspencade - sold, GSX-R 1000, GSX 600 F - sold, CB 250, DT 100 A, JR 50
Years Riding: since dirt was new and Jesus was a baby
How you found us: Doc, CherryPicker, BFree - The Paddock at Grattan Raceway

Anothermerger?

AOL Nears Major Deal With Google By TED BRIDIS, Associated Press Writer
19 minutes ago

Time Warner Inc. is negotiating exclusively with Google Inc. to broaden a lucrative advertising partnership with Time Warner's America Online unit, abruptly ending negotiations early Friday with Microsoft Corp., officials close to the negotiations said.

Shutting out Microsoft sets the stage for a high-profile agreement among two titans of the Internet. Among other terms of a deal expected to be announced as early as next week, Google will highlight Time Warner Web properties as sponsored links and AOL will continue to provide Google's search engine to its own subscribers.

Officials described the negotiations on condition of anonymity, because no agreement has yet been formalized.

AOL is effectively Google's biggest customer. It accounted for about $420 million, or about 10 percent, of Google's revenue during the first nine months of this year, according to regulatory filings.

Most of the $420 million came from the ads Google distributes on AOL's Web site. The two companies first began working together in 2002 when Google wrestled away AOL from another online advertising network currently owned by Yahoo Inc. (Nasdaq:YHOO - news)

Microsoft, which increasingly views Google as a fierce online rival, has been negotiating with Time Warner since January but did not propose any cash investment in AOL, officials said.

___

AP Business Writer Michael Liedtke contributed to this story from San Francisco.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright 2005 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Questions or Comments
Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Ad Feedback

"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard..."

The first turn is the worst turn, between the left ear and the right one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 09:39 AM

Well now I can see google going down the drain.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 10:49 AM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

I bought out two of my competitors this week..although theyre not QUITE as big as this merger

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weelpilot
I bought out two of my competitors this week..although theyre not QUITE as big as this merger

One of these days when i become a mod, your not going to buy me out.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 01:55 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Canuck
ditto... stay da f*ck away from aol....
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 06:08 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Ha.....since I was an AOL user since the beginning, I can see in the not to distance future, that AOL/TM will be on everyones computer in one form or another. And there is no fighting it either. When I got my new laptop, what was on it? AOL, what was the first thing I did....got rid of it. Whether you like AOL or not, it's not going away. The only people who think of AOL as "bad" is the techno wennies, for the rest of us smucks, it does everything we want.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Even a maroon like me doesn't use google, try dogpile WAY better than google.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC1957
Ha.....since I was an AOL user since the beginning, I can see in the not to distance future, that AOL/TM will be on everyones computer in one form or another. And there is no fighting it either. When I got my new laptop, what was on it? AOL, what was the first thing I did....got rid of it. Whether you like AOL or not, it's not going away. The only people who think of AOL as "bad" is the techno wennies, for the rest of us smucks, it does everything we want.

And since the beginning, aol was the easiest system to hack. And the coverups of their system being flawed and thousands of customers got their information read by hack0rs.

And i thought when you first got your computer, it had "Microsoft" on it.

For the computer newbies, aol is perfect, but your paying 20 dollars extra every month for the lack of computer skills that you dont have.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Resident Slow guy

Sportbike: 250x_Dirtbike Triumph_Tripled_955i 90_H-D_Bagger CR80_Mini_Motard
Years Riding: Street_LOOOOOOONG_Time Track Backmarker
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Ohfugit
Quote:
yeah no kidding, kinda like one of the best and one of the worst put together.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolninja

For the computer newbies, aol is perfect, but your paying 20 dollars extra every month for the lack of computer skills that you dont have.
Exactly.....perfect for people without the computer skills, or like me, I'm not about spend the neccessary time to get them, then have them out of date in 5 minutes or less. Funny thing about AOL, it always did what I wanted, never had a virus, or any other crap. Has a mail system that actually works....not like comcast If AOL had HI-speed internet, I would still be with them, but damn if I'm going to pay comcast and aol. I must admit since Jammin made Moxilla Firefox as my browser, I'm lovin it

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:19 PM

I love this..Im very happy about this merger. I love all mergers. At the end of the day I hope there is just one company in this world...and ladies and gentleman...it will be called Wal-Mart....
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:50 PM
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
One of these days when i become a mod, your not going to buy me out.

So hell will freeze over soon?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
So hell will freeze over soon?
Ya, and is that pig growing wings??? I didnt think so...

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC1957
Exactly.....perfect for people without the computer skills, or like me, I'm not about spend the neccessary time to get them, then have them out of date in 5 minutes or less. Funny thing about AOL, it always did what I wanted, never had a virus, or any other crap. Has a mail system that actually works....not like comcast If AOL had HI-speed internet, I would still be with them, but damn if I'm going to pay comcast and aol. I must admit since Jammin made Moxilla Firefox as my browser, I'm lovin it
Once you learn keyboarding, you dont lose the skill. Learn Windows XP and the Internet, and each new operating system is pretty much the same except things maybe put in different locations. Hardware is out of date in 5 min. Software evolves at a slower pace.

AOL does have an easier email system then comcast. But there are other email providers that are better then comcast. It isn't really not having the skills but poor system development or "software engineering" or web design.

You not getting a virus may mean your a smart person. Wait, let me rephrase. If you have any common sense or some skills with the internet, 90% of the viruses are eliminated. (i pulled 90% out of my ass so no one say, where u get the number ) There are people with AOL that will click any link that gets pop(ed) on their screen.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
Ya, and is that pig growing wings??? I didnt think so...

I do know buffalos have wings according to jessica simpson.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Once you learn keyboarding, you dont lose the skill. Learn Windows XP and the Internet, and each new operating system is pretty much the same except things maybe put in different locations. Hardware is out of date in 5 min. Software evolves at a slower pace.

AOL does have an easier email system then comcast. But there are other email providers that are better then comcast. It isn't really not having the skills but poor system development or "software engineering" or web design.

You not getting a virus may mean your a smart person. Wait, let me rephrase. If you have any common sense or some skills with the internet, 90% of the viruses are eliminated. (i pulled 90% out of my ass so no one say, where u get the number ) There are people with AOL that will click any link that gets pop(ed) on their screen.

I know your right, but even tho I'm a post ho I spend very little time on the computer, and when I do, it's strictly for information. So my keyboard skills suck, I watch, people who use these things to make a living and I'm truly impressed by their skills. I use a totally different set of skills to make my living. One of my News Resolutions is to get more familar with what I have, for someone who knows shit about these computers I have two desktops and a laptop, 3 digital cameras, none which I really know how to use. I depend on the generosity of people like Vcook, HDtony, Jughead, Jammin and Vivid1 (if I forgot someone...opphs sorry ) to help me out. As for viruses the only reason why I have never gotten one, is unless your on in my address book, I immediately report as spam then delete it. Even if I get email from someone I know (like my Dad) with an attachment that has been forwarded on to me, I delete it. But I still stand behind what I said AOL/TM is here to stay and will be "infecting" every computer on the planet....and you smug Mac users....your time is coming...soon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode