bikerboyz trailer - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
bikerboyz trailer

Found a trailer for the new movie biker boyz. I'm planning on seeing it just to find the glarring errors in it. I already found several in the trailer. It's going to be a dumb movie, but I like stupid movies.
http://www.bikerboyz.com/trailer.html

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 12:08 PM
To infinity and beyond

Sportbike: 2008 Hayabusa
Years Riding: 24
How you found us: Goggle Search Engine

Does is not seem like the Fast and Furious, but on bikes?

Looks cool to watch, but I'll wait to rent it out on DVD. I might see it before rental, because I get hooked on stupid movies too.

:-

What were you thinking??? You can't catch me!
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 12:36 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

Well, since I am on dial up, this will probably take me an hour or 2 to see entirely, so far I got past the dream works logo, and that stupid 7-up guy is walking around like a thug, in an alley with a bunch of inner city guys in the alley.

to me nothing is new in seeing this since i grew up in one of THE most dangerouse parts in chicago, but i tell yeah, that isn't the whole story either, so ill wait to see the whole thing to BASH the shit out of it.
i can already see the stupid fucked upped look this is gonna give motorcycle community, i wonder if there gonna have a west side east side knife fight , between rockets and H.D.'s in there

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 12:41 PM

Sportbike: 2002 CBR F4i
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: Original Gangsta

Send a message via AIM to maks
I like the part where they all roll up in two lines and do the synchronized putting bike on kickstand move. Yeah, that's was cool.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 12:42 PM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN

I'll wait to rent it.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 12:44 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time

I'll see it. From the trailer it looks like a stunt vid with a story line. If it's going to come out and slam our sport anyway I might as well at least be entertained by it.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 01:04 PM
YO MAMA

This movie can kiss my hairy fat ass!
And this is why.

Not a 1 rocket owner will get jack shit out of this movie in a good way, why you ask. This is what it is going to do TRUST ME.

rockets will be a touch more cheaper

parts for bikes will start to increase more so

service labor on bikes will increase

fine and or convictions will also be higher and carry a stiffer ass bashing in court

police enforcment will get approved for higher risk take downs (meaning they can run over your ass while trying to stop you)

And not to start racial issues.
But what are they trying to say 90% of sportbike riders are black,
with some white trash, and some chinese people?
WTF is that shit!

And the fucken ACTORS they have probably couldn't ride a bike to save there lives.!!!!

Why not gather all the stunt guys that LIVE and DIE by the game and give them and or there teams MONEY to where it should go!
BACK TO US! or at fucken the least, MAKE AND SPONSER a place to go stunt for a small fee????????????????

all this is gonna do is make shit tuffer!
fuck them
fuck this movie
and i wont see it till it hits the $1.00 rental for 7 days at blockbuster!

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys

Down boy Down. Your probably right but I don't see much we can do about it.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 01:13 PM
YO MAMA

yeah there is, i am trying to find the e-mail address contact for dream works.

what a stupid move they did, and i am gonna let them know i am about to let 30,000 sum odd rocket riders know my view on this movie!

and how they are fucken us

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Human lawn dart

Quote:
This movie can kiss my hairy fat ass!
And this is why.

Not a 1 rocket owner will get jack shit out of this movie in a good way, why you ask. This is what it is going to do TRUST ME.

rockets will be a touch more cheaper

parts for bikes will start to increase more so

service labor on bikes will increase

fine and or convictions will also be higher and carry a stiffer ass bashing in court

police enforcment will get approved for higher risk take downs (meaning they can run over your ass while trying to stop you)

And not to start racial issues.
But what are they trying to say 90% of sportbike riders are black,
with some white trash, and some chinese people?
WTF is that shit!

And the fucken ACTORS they have probably couldn't ride a bike to save there lives.!!!!

Why not gather all the stunt guys that LIVE and DIE by the game and give them and or there teams MONEY to where it should go!
BACK TO US! or at fucken the least, MAKE AND SPONSER a place to go stunt for a small fee????????????????

all this is gonna do is make shit tuffer!
fuck them
fuck this movie
So tell me what you really think of the movie. J/K

I see your point though. If this becomes popular it's going to get us looks that we don't deserve (SP?)

NESBA # 599
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 01:20 PM

Quote:
yeah there is, i am trying to find the e-mail address contact for dream works.

what a stupid move they did, and i am gonna let them know i am about to let 30,000 sum odd rocket riders know my view on this movie!

and how they are fucken us

That's cool Ken,

I don't think they'll care though. They probably aren't projecting huge sales off the movie anyway and if they don't get it off this movie they'll get it off another. I tend to look at these things a little differently. I don't think they are trying to attack our sport necessarily. I think they are trying to satisfy a target audiance and make ticket sales. It's not about making a statement it's about creating a film people will buy. Sometimes people take these things too literally, which is why I say your probably right about your previous post. But I look at it as entertainment, whether good or bad. They might not even be trying to target us as an audiance and may have figured the disgruntal sportbike enthusiast in their projections already. So I'm just gonna look at it as entertainment.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 01:30 PM
YO MAMA

That's why we have free speech, and we can make our concerns addressed.

And in any business as such, not only do you voice them, you can cast a VERY good vote on a winner or a failure.

Its called voting with your dollar.

then when you see your cliental base and target (like who in the fuck is gonna go see this movie if your not into it)
is slamming it, based on the negativity shown and how they are hurting the sport or recreation of even stunting and they are in no way helping both or all group types of riders, and gives nothing back to endorse the hobby (in which this case is stunting) and showing us as such, well they can kiss my ass!

If they made this movie even with the actors, yet gave 50% of profits back to there target addressed in the movie (stunting)
as in state by state locations to do this even with a small fee, and medical personal on hand in a safe environment KICK ASS!

But there NOT and NOT going to so, they made a buck, and did it off our backs, and is going to be even more so worst on rocket riders cause of the attention this will draw in the NONE based target ENTERTAINMENT.

This this movie isn't make believe its REAL! And most rocket riders do it! and or take a hobby in it!
There for.
Get ready for the heat it will bring and the money it will cost you even more.

OH and I also forgot about insurance rates going up to add to the list of shit we are gonna get.

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 01:41 PM

Ken,

I won't argue with you on what it is going to cost us and our sport. I already said it will hurt.

One thing for sure is WE ARE NOT THE TARGET AUDIANCE OF THIS MOVIE. Our ages put us out of target audiances like these. It's going to be the 18-20 kids that want to see some kool stuff that they are targeting. Then the ball gets rolled. I see your point but I am 100% positive nobody is going to care what we think. They've already spent the money. We will not stop the movie from coming to market. This is not a Democracy it is Private Enterprise and they have freedom of speach as well even though it may hurt our sport. Like I said I'm not saying your wrong. I'm just saying I won't let myself get worked up about it.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 01:57 PM
YO MAMA

Quote:
One thing for sure is WE ARE NOT THE TARGET AUDIANCE OF THIS MOVIE. Our ages put us out of target audiances like these. It's going to be the 18-20 kids that want to see some kool stuff that they are targeting.
exactly!!!

and yes also too some stunters will want to go see it.

Quote:
Like I said I'm not saying your wrong. I'm just saying I won't let myself get worked up about it.
thats cool, you made your point about yourself, just dont complain about the future for parts,service,insurance cost, and or a wheelie ticket or jail time for 1 in the future. or a cop lay's a tack strip infront of you and or spins your out while stopping you when you didnt know he was back there.

(do the crime, do the time, i am ALLLL for that 1) but all the rest isnt something i am willing to lay back and take it up the ass.

THEY WILL hear my opinion! and WONT get my money.

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 02:11 PM

Quote:

exactly!!!

and yes also too some stunters will want to go see it.

thats cool, you made your point about yourself, just dont complain about the future for parts,service,insurance cost, and or a wheelie ticket or jail time for 1 in the future. or a cop lay's a tack strip infront of you and or spins your out while stopping you when you didnt know he was back there.

(do the crime, do the time, i am ALLLL for that 1) but all the rest isnt something i am willing to lay back and take it up the ass.

someone WILL hear my opinion!

That's totally respectable. All I'm saying is that it's sad we should even have to worry about reprecussions such as your examples. If people (yes that includes authorities) would chill out and leave the movie world in the movie world and the real world in the real world, the people who these movies appeal to could be satisfied and the people they portray would not be profiled cause of it. That would eliminate guys who steel cars cause they played some video game and cops who would tack strip me when I did a wheelie cause some movie made all bikers look bad. It's all BS. I really don't think it will go that far, but that's just my opinion. I just think this whole thing is dumb and people should have fun with video games and movies. This whole "the movie or game made me do it is BS" People have choices. I don't blame dreamworks for trying to make a buck. I blame people who can't take entertainment and leave it in the pretend world. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'd rather have one and have people hate me for it than not have one at all.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 02:25 PM
Wannabe racer

Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!

I'm sure there will be some impact from this film, but I didn't exactly see cops spinning out Mitsubishi Eclipses on I-90 after Fast and Furious came out or Insurance companies saying they won't insure those or Civic Si's or anything with an aluminum rear spoiler on it.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 02:32 PM
YO MAMA

I understand your points Brian, and it looks like my thoughts are not a sole case on other boards.

Yeah if people only knew how to leave work at work, and the movies at the movies.

But there's things I know in the police enforcement area, that I am not going to talk about in here.

I am saying again this doesn't help none of us.

post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Human lawn dart

I understand your points and I agree with them. But what can we as a community do? Do you think they will listen to a bunch of riders? even if they get 20,000 e-mails they are not going to pull the movie. Look at Dogma how mainy people protested and complained, and that was on a religious base. They put millions into the movie they are not going to pull it.

I understand your points and I agree with them. I'm just looking at it from a different point of view.

NESBA # 599
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
We have a democrat govenor coming in. They are gonna make new more restrictive laws regaurdless of what some movie says. I'm not to worried about it. Hell I'm on my third ticket this year already. it cant get much worse. Police persecute us regaurdless. Might as well have some fun with it.

All this movie is is another gang banger movie that happens to have bikes in it. Riders are not the intended audiance.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 08:43 PM

OK, I don't see this as a 'gang-banger' movie, any more than Fast and Furious was a 'gang-banger' movie. Nor is the intent for Orlando Jones (sic. 'that stupid Seven Up guy') to look like a thug. The synopsis says the people are lawyers and city workers by day, not gang members. 99% of all movies and television shows feature all or mostly white casts. This is the first feature film by this director, who just happens to be black, so I'm sure they're not trying to say 'all' riders are black. I'm sure there are plenty reasons to not like this movie. Lines like "we call riders organ doners at the ER", may be, but the skin color of the cast shouldn't be.

We all know that general stupidity levels may blip due to this movie, and we also know that the first squid to die after this movie will be blown out of proportion by the press. We also know that people have short attention spans. So any affect on the sport by this movie will be short lived. (Other than any insurance rate increase.)

I don't know where I'm going with this, I just hope people aren't panning this movie simply because of the skin color of the cast. That being said, I just might give it a chance. It can't be any worst for the sport overall, than F&F was for the import tuner scene.

Last edited by obijuan; 11-27-2002 at 09:09 PM.
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy

I just think this whole thing is dumb and people should have fun with video games and movies. This whole "the movie or game made me do it is BS" People have choices. I don't blame dreamworks for trying to make a buck. I blame people who can't take entertainment and leave it in the pretend world. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'd rather have one and have people hate me for it than not have one at all.

Here, here! Nobody does anything 'because' they saw something on TV or whatever. This excuse has become a cop out these days, due to the idiots that were burning records, and books in the 80's, declaring that people would be wrongly influenced. It's easier to point a figure away from you than it is to point it at yourself.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 08:55 PM

The reason I'm glad Gore didn't win is, his wife Tipper, and his running mate. TIpper is responsible for the warning labels on CD's, and tried her best to get Married with Children (best show ever) cancelled. And Liberman would ban all video games if he had the chance. Censorship is bad, mmmmKay.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 09:22 PM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

I'm going to see the movie because of the bikes. I don't expect any award winning performances or any quality technical directing because ITS A MOVIE. Any one heard of Hollister? Probably not because this sh*t dies out fast. I like to watch the stunters and if the cops start cracking down it's gonna be the idiots who wheelie in traffic so people can see them, not us out bombing the back roads (kinda like it is now)

BTW, if anyone doesn't know, Hollister is the real life town "The Wild One" was based on.

And if you go out to Dody(sp) Road or anywhere else the serious street racers are at you will see a large percentage of the riders are black. I saw a guy set up to race "this skinny black girl". She beat him so bad he kept going.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 11:12 AM
YO MAMA

the color of the skin makes no freaking differance to me, its how they are portraying rocket riders.
i cant say for sure or not if 1 race or creed is more of a rocket rider then another. does it matter NO. does it matter to me NO!
what i am saying is that i see EVERY kind on rockets no matter where they come from. harlem, california,sub burbs,n.y., everywhere!

so no one start no white versus black crap with me.

the whole movie can kiss my ass

post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 12:34 PM

Quote:
the color of the skin makes no freaking differance to me, its how they are portraying rocket riders.
i cant say for sure or not if 1 race or creed is more of a rocket rider then another. does it matter NO. does it matter to me NO!
what i am saying is that i see EVERY kind on rockets no matter where they come from. harlem, california,sub burbs,n.y., everywhere!

so no one start no white versus black crap with me.

the whole movie can kiss my ass
Obviously the rider communinty is made up of all cultures of people, which is actually what I think makes this such a great 'sport'. I'm just saying that there is no reason to hate the movie because the cast is black. Would you have even brought it up if the cast was mostly white? Would it have been labeled immediately by some as a gang-banger movie? If I made an issue of the cultural makeup of evey movie that I saw coming out, there wouldn't be many movies that I'd go see. They're just telling a story. I don't think they're trying to portray 'all' riders as one way or another.

Hate the movie because the situations are dumb, the dialoge is stupid, etc. On those points I'll agree. In the end, it's just a movie.

BTW, any squidly issues that may arrise from this movie should be minimized by the fact that it's coming out in January. People will have forgetten about it by spring.

Last edited by obijuan; 11-28-2002 at 12:38 PM.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 07:58 PM
YO MAMA

Quote:
Obviously the rider communinty is made up of all cultures of people, which is actually what I think makes this such a great 'sport'
exactly

Quote:
. I'm just saying that there is no reason to hate the movie because the cast is black

thats isnt my WHOLE reason of my dislikes
and that is the least of them.
i just hate seeing movies giving black people a negitive look.
thats what i am trying to imply.
with all the shit black people have dealt with in the past and still are cause of the color of there skin which some people get cought up in negativly. they dont need.

Quote:
BTW, any squidly issues that may arrise from this movie should be minimized by the fact that it's coming out in January. People will have forgetten about it by spring.

HEY damm good point

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 10:20 PM

Quote:
i just hate seeing movies giving black people a negitive look.
thats what i am trying to imply.
with all the shit black people have dealt with in the past and still are cause of the color of there skin which some people get cought up in negativly. they dont need.
Good point.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Lame stupid film, the only people to see this shit are 12 to 18 year old males and sport riders to "check it out" Do brothers actually ride sport bikes I know I'm orginally from the Great White North and in my many years of riding I have never seen a brother riding a sport bike or any other bike, asians, yes, hispanics, yes, brothers, no. Actually I have never seen a brother on skiis and just one on ice skates. What was this film about? I was more intrigued by brothers on bikes, than anything else.

Rick
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:56 AM

Sportbike: Suzuki Bandit 400, Suzuki Intruder Volusia
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: A search engine long, long ago

Send a message via AIM to Volkl42
I guess I'll chime in too.

I enjoyed The Fast and the Furious for the sole reason of liking the cars. I thought it was still an awful movie. This movie will probably be the same. Like it for the bikes, but hate every other aspect. There are some positives that I see though. One, all the guys on bikes that I saw were in full gear. 2, well I guess I only saw one. Plus, in the warmer climates where the release of this movie will immediately affect bike sales, all the wannabes will go out jump on an R1 or GSXR, go out with no gear or experience, and rid the world of themselves. Less stupid people in the world isn't a bad thing, is it?

Hi, my name is Matt, and I have a speeding problem

Last edited by Volkl42; 12-02-2002 at 11:13 AM.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 12:14 PM

Sportbike: Suzuki Bandit 400, Suzuki Intruder Volusia
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: A search engine long, long ago

Send a message via AIM to Volkl42
Well, if anything, this movie might save our image. WEll, maybe not but it looks better http://www.14kthemovie.com I've heard it dubbed the "Days of Thunder" of bike racing.

Hi, my name is Matt, and I have a speeding problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode