Need a plumber! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Need a plumber!

Anyone know of a plumber in the Hinsdale area who is open for busniess today? The plumbing in my parents house backed up and overflowed into the house. Let me know if you know of any companies doing business today.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:25 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

ah man that sucks, can ya fill me in any maybe i can help guide you, but it sounds likea cloged drain pipe. the biggest problem if it is ya gonna need a router to get in there, and EVERYONE is fucken closed, i even called home depot, menards, lowes cause i just wanted to go shopping.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Speed Force

Sportbike: 2014 Hayabusa
Years Riding: started at age 19
How you found us: another website

Send a message via AIM to chuckie Send a message via Yahoo to chuckie
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy
Anyone know of a plumber in the Hinsdale area who is open for busniess today? The plumbing in my parents house backed up and overflowed into the house. Let me know if you know of any companies doing business today.

stop taking them big ass shits at your parents house jk

<--- I'm Chuckie...Wanna Plaaaay???

2k7 honda crv
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

The pipe running to the street is old. Two years ago, the pipe cracked and the leakage washed away the soil and the pipe fell causing a blockage. We had that fixed. Don;t know if it is related.

This time, the wash was shooting out of the toilets like a fountain! lol No joke, it was shooting striaght up out of the toilet. This leads me to belief it is a problem at the street level. It coul,d be related to the problem we had two years ago, but the "symptoms" are different.

I think we are in need of some serious plumbering work or we need someone from the village to come take a look.

THANKS KEN FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE!! You da man!

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie
stop taking them big ass shits at your parents house jk

lol lol We already passed around a few jokes about that. Funny thing is, I had just left the shitter a big brown stinky christmas present an hour earlier. lol

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 12-25-2005 at 03:39 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys4pops
WSE,
did the water come out of the drains ORRRR the sump pump Well????? GO CHECK THE SUMP to see if it's operating correctly!!!!!! (remember, the snow is melting now. The water has to go somewhere)!

That is my first thought since the snow is melting rapidly.

The water shot out of the toilets and gradually filled up the sinks. No water came out of the sump pump.

What sucks is the majority of the neighbors are out of town until after the new year. If it happened street level, they all are in for a pleasant surprise when they get home.

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 12-25-2005 at 03:41 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:45 PM

Your family told me you left a huge log. And you just wanted to make a bet it was going to go down the drain in a "counter clockwise" direction.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:48 PM

Sportbike: '07 Factory RSVR
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy
The water shot out of the toilets and gradually filled up the sinks. No water came out of the sump pump.

Whoah!!! I just deleted my suggestion!
Is it the whole house or just the fixtures in a certain bathroom/kitchen? Shut off the main inlet to those fixtures or the whole house before you get more water damage. See what happens when there is no new water supply entering the house. (It'll help you distinguish between excessive high pressure water coming in or the sewers just backing up!) You're gonna have to get someone there ASAP..I doubt it's a city problem because your neighbors would have the same issues.
Damn mannnn, good luck
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys4pops
Whoah!!! I just deleted my suggestion!
Is it the whole house or just the fixtures in a certain bathroom/kitchen? Shut off the main inlet to those fixtures or the whole house before you get more water damage. See what happens when there is no new water supply entering the house. (It'll help you distinguish between excessive high pressure water coming in or the sewers just backing up!) You're gonna have to get someone there ASAP..I doubt it's a city problem because your neighbors would have the same issues.
Damn mannnn, good luck
When the incident occurred, the first floor was a mess. The second floor water levels rose slowly and then overflowed a little bit.

We shut off the water and all the water in the sinks drained empty and the toilet water levels came back to normal.

Quote:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:55 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

something close to that always happens to my moms house, the main pipe that doesnt down the front yard into the street sometime gets roots and what not clogging it up, it could something dam near close to that too?

either case you need one of those power routers with the 100 line and motor to spin it.

fuck it sounds your SOL till tomorrow, that fucken blows.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolninja
Your family told me you left a huge log. And you just wanted to make a bet it was going to go down the drain in a "counter clockwise" direction.
I had to double flush that bad boy and both times it went down counter clock wise

Quote:
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys
something close to that always happens to my moms house, the main pipe that doesnt down the front yard into the street sometime gets roots and what not clogging it up, it could something dam near close to that too?

either case you need one of those power routers with the 100 line and motor to spin it.

fuck it sounds your SOL till tomorrow, that fucken blows.

Yeah, we'll just dry it all up and disinfect. Then get someone out here to tomorrow.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode