HEY terminator, or others. how long does it take to fix my freaking truck? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

HEY terminator, or others. how long does it take to fix my freaking truck?

fucken people have had all my info for the last 2 days with all the up to date paper work they need to process the claim.
the bitch told me today the manager will be out for the next 2
Working days and I should get a call from them next week Thursday to let me know how long it will take.

So how long does it usually take, and if you ask me these FUCKS are dragging ASS!
They said this took a week longer then it would cause I never sent back in the accident report.
BULLSHIT i never got it nor have I gotten it yet and I guess it was mailed out weeks ago.
So I faxed them the info like I said a few days ago.
Fuckers.

plus i didn't take rental car so i am having to switch vans here and there for me and the wife.
which is more pain in the ass then just going buying something new....i don't even know if they are gonna fix it for sure yet...i don't think they have told me YES they are gonna fix it...just that they have the estimate, the bitch doesn't know the time that was reported to fix it nor does she know much of shit.

Kinda pissing me off.

Can I sue them?
Can I rent a car anyway and make them pay for it?
Should I call my car lien holder to let them know how they are dragging ass, will it do anything?

i dunno

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 12:36 PM
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Jack
Re: HEY terminator, or others. how long does it take to fix my freaking truck?

Don't know the whole story, but if you can get a rental car they or the insurance has to pay for, it seems to make them drag their feet less.....
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

thats what i am thinking too jack, but i did not take out for a rental car on my policy. didnt think i would need that, because i own some work vans, i got mine here but i let the wife use it sometimes when she has to go work, and then i am stuck here untill one of the other guys can drop there van off.
its more of a inconvenience then anything, i hate being without a car.

so i dunno. what can i do at this point. i think if i rent a car i will have to pay for it period. thats what i am wondering if there is a way to make them pay for it instead of me even though thats not on my policy?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 12:47 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Hey Ken,

I'm assuming the shop has your car and they are waiting for an adjuster to come out. If that's the case you can call your adjent and see if they even have someone scheduled to go out. If they do your at the mercy of your insurance co. You really can't sue or do anything but bitch about it. Most companies take their time. State Farm is usually out there asap. After that if you need parts you'll wait a couple of days minimum for those depending on how readily available they are. I've heard bad things about Kia and their parts around my dad's body shop cause they are a relatively new company. The body shop should only take a couple of days to fix it. Chicagoland bodyshops aren't real busy right now and there are a lot of layoffs going on so back ups shouldn't be an issure. I can't tell from your post what's going on though but it sounds like the shop you sent it to might be draggin'.

edit: Oh yeah...you can always call your insurance co and ask them about still getting that rental. They may even tell you to do it and take them the receipt so they can reimburse you.

edit, edit: If you don't have that option unless the other guy is at fault and his insurance co. is paying you won't get a rental at anybodies cost but your own. Not much you can do other than wait then

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover

Last edited by Meulen; 12-06-2002 at 12:51 PM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 01:02 PM
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Jack
Sometimes you can convince them to get you a rental car if they're taking too long. Both the insurance company and the body shop most likely have great rates and if nothing else can get you a deal on a car. It's worth a try.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 01:14 PM
CLSB SuperHero

Sportbike: None right now
Years Riding: since '95
How you found us: friend

Ken: I can't attest for how other companies operate, but I will give you a genral scenario for how long the process takes with me. I'll just use November 15th as the accident date.

You call and report it the same day. 11-18-02.
I will more than likely receive it the next morning. I will call you to find out what occurred, and where the car is presently located. I will fax over the assignment to my appraisal company for them to inspect it.

They receive it the same day I fax it, so 11-19-02. They are generally out there within 24 hours. Some times 48 hours due to their workload. So let's just say worse case scenario, they view it on 11-21-02. They will have the estimate faxed to me with the agreed repair price by 11-22-02. I will in turn authorize the payment less any deductibles as soon as I get it. So basically same day or the following day.

The payment will be processed and mailed to you the day after I authorize it.(Dont forget to take into account weekends.) Let's give 3 days for the mail to get to your house. So basically, you have the accident on monday 11-18-02, you would have your check for the repairs by 11-27-02.
This is a general synopsis of how my auto claims are handled.
WTF do they need a statement of accident form from you??? It's not like they are trying to determine liability for your own car.

By Illinois statutes, insurance companies have 30 days to settle first party claims, unless there is a reasonable explanation.

You culd sue them, but you wont get too far. Hope this all helps.
Also keep in mind, I believe you said you have American Service?? They are considered a sub-standard carrier.

Sorry for the long winded response.

Life is too short to ride anything but an R1

In memory of FastBlueR1...RIP

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 01:26 PM
Evil Moderatrix

Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
I was rear-ended in '96... shop kept my car for two months while I cruised around in a rental paid for by her insurance.

Total damage to my car: around $3,000. Go figger.

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

thanks terminator

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 02:07 PM
CLSB SuperHero

Sportbike: None right now
Years Riding: since '95
How you found us: friend

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys
thanks terminator
No problem. Any other questions, fire away.

Life is too short to ride anything but an R1

In memory of FastBlueR1...RIP

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Up date I should get my POS kia back in about a week to a week 1/2 .

The damage was estimated at 2800 worth, which isn't bad at all from what they said.

i CAN NOT wait till they finish my street now with the entrance with final asphalt, then i don't have to worry about dirty or stone chipped, clay mud or some other shit.
i hate this kia truck i hated it when i even went and looked for it, she wanted a 4x4 so i got her 1 and i figured this POS would be good to have until they get this area done with, which they should be soon enough i hope, i need a new car

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 07:44 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Holy crap that is taking forever.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

YEP! Trust me I don't need to hear it anymore
i think i am going to sue this company for something?
after i get my car back...its been almost a month just to get it approved no matter what they said they sent me or not! which delayed it.

and its only gonna take 35 hours of work to fix the truck...go figure..almost a month to process and 35 hours to fix it

the thing is too, i have heard storys like this from people with allstate, farmers insurance,state farm, so whats the point...i bet they dragged ass cause i didnt have a rental agreement with them...other wise for each day they take, it cost them more.
but i never took out that shit..what for when i got like 7 vehicles

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 08:53 PM

My dad crashed my old car 7 years ago (the Tercel) and it took at least 6 weeks for the intial body work to get fixed. We both go to the body shop and look the car over. I notice that 1) they didn't attach a piece of moulding correctly and 2) ummmmm the fucking rear axle is still bent. Fucking morons!!! The wheel had a fucking 20 degree positive camber. THey're like ohhhhh... didn't notice that before. Inbred motherfuckers ... it was a little mom and pop hole in the wall place. We actually had coverage through AAA and they still sent us to this shithole. Took them another 2 weeks to replace the axle.

Then I turn on the blower and all this dust and shit comes out of the vents. It actually jammed my vent selector lever and I bent it getting it free. The lever never worked quite right again. I vacuumed out a pile of dust out of the trucnk and back seat. The assholes never even covered my car while they were doing he body work when the windows were removed.

See Ken, it could be much worse. Luckily I haven't crashed a vehicle since... that I couldn't easily fix myself.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 11:22 PM

Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?

My van was stolen a few years ago. It was recovered an hour or so later. The cops called and said I could pick it up from the tow yard the next day. I go to get it and the front is crashed. The head lights weren't broke and the bumper wasn't hit, the hood was bent from the core support being hit. I get to the tow yard and the guy says that I cant drive it. I ask to see it and he gives me shit about how I can't go in the yard. Anyway after I see it he goes on about all the used Astro parts he has on hand. Oh, did I say it's also a body shop? He dosen't accept my ins. co. Farmers ins. But I can pay up front to have it fixed and then get a check from Farmers. I think the motherfucker backed into it with the wheel lift on the tow truck so he could sell his used parts. I tell him fuck you. I call my agent, and he recomends a shop here in Tinley Pk. It's a Farmers preferred shop, and they go get my truck and bring it back and fix it. OK do it. The "preffered" shop took 6 weeks to do 40 hrs. of labor to fix it. After a month, Farmers calls to say my rental car privledge is over, and now it's my nickel. Fuck that. I took it where you told me to. If they can't do a 40 hr. job in 4 weeks let them pay for the rental. Farmers continues paying for the rental. After 6 weeks I get my van back. Lets see here 6 weeks devided by 40 hrs. They spent less than 1 day a week working on it. I finally get it back. I drive it home, about 5 min to get home, and park it. I go to work the next day, and get about 10 min from home and the temp gauge is pegged on hot. Now WTF. Let it cool a bit and check the radiator. EMPTY. I get back home, and have to put more than 2 gallons of water in. I call the shop and bitch. The guy tells me that the mechanic has done that before. Why the fuck does he still have a job? I then inspect further and find that the upper shroud is missing, as are the radiator support brackets. The only thing keeping the NEW radiator out of the fan is the upper rad hose. The truck is also really loud to drive. The asshole threw away all the tubes that lead to the air cleaner housing. And they installed the wrong fan. I pitched such a bitch with Farmers about the whole episode that the shop actually had it's preffered status taken away. The only upside to all this is that: Farmers reccomended the shop so they had to intervene and make things right. This was not a 1 pump shit hole shop either. It was a big, beautiful facilty like might be show cased in bodyshop trade publications, or DuPont refinishers news. They had their own mixing system, a couple of hi-tech paint boothes and a high tech frame rack. They just had a bunch of careless motherfuckers working there.
I still carry Farmers ins. They took care of the rest of the claim well. All the stuff that was stolen out of the truck was replaced. And because the truck was stolen, they paid for all the towing and storage fees.
Ken, I hope your ordeal will be a little less painful.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

HOLLY shit....i hope it doesnt get like that i would fucken sue and kill someone after that, infact if i dont get my truck back in a week and 1/2 max, i will be sueing someone.
damm now i am all pissy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode