Million $ Baby..... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Fried SPAM n Eggs anyone?

Sportbike: 2002 GSXR-1000
Years Riding: since Z. Cavaricci pants were in ;-)
How you found us: saQ"C"1

Send a message via Yahoo to jesson0204
Million $ Baby.....

Not sure if NE1 has posted this already...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=109387

I think im gonna cry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Chief Apex Inspector

Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......

Um..... can you say oops ?

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:38 AM
I Went All In

Sportbike: 2005 BMW K1200S
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Search Engine

Send a message via AIM to Kaos968 Send a message via Yahoo to Kaos968
I saw that elsewhere...

something like drunk 44 y.o swedish national who claims he was passenger in his own car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCook
dude, you are the quintessential stoner.
Happy Little Trees - Bob Ross (1942 - 1995)

'05 BMW K1200S - Eris
'96 Suzuki RF 600R - She Gone!!!

XBox Live Gamertag - Kaos 968
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:41 AM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Paramedics sent to PCH at Decker Road about 6:15 a.m. treated one person at at the scene for a minor injury, said Los Angeles County Fire Department Inspector Ron Haralson.

Stefan Erikssen, 44, of Los Angeles, a Swedish national, told authorities he was the owner of the Ferrari Enzo. But he claimed he was only the passenger, and that the driver ran off after the crash, according to sheriff's Sgt. Philip Brooks.

According to Brooks, Erikssen said a German named "Dietrich" was driving the car. Police said the Ferrari may have been involved in a race with a Mercedes-McLaren SLR.

Erikssen had a blood-alcohol level of .09, which is above the legal limit, Brooks said. Brooks said no one has been arrested and the investigation is continuing.

"Whoever was in the Ferrari and a Mercedes came out to Malibu for a little race," Brooks said.

Brooks said the Ferrari was going in excess of 120 mph when the accident occurred. It skidded up the side of the hill and most likely went airborne.

Detectives were investigating whether Erikssen was actually the driver.

"The fact (is) that the passenger is the registered owner of the vehicle, from the Beverly Hills/Bel Air area; the passenger had blood on his mouth; and both airbags on the car deployed, but only the driver's side airbag had blood on it, not the passenger side," Brooks said.

The Ferrari Enzo, a limited-edition vehicle worth between $600,000 and $1 million with 650 horsepower, has a published top speed of 225 mph. The impact sheared the car in half, with the entire front section separated from the rest of the vehicle.

"For a million dollars, you get a very good passenger-safety system, and apparently in this case it did work," Brooks said.

Some electrical service was interrupted in the area after a power pole was struck by the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:45 AM
B.O.B

I'd love to see an Enzo go at it with an SLR. The pics are pretty horrible too, the Enzo snapped in half!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G

Quote:
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:26 PM

The enzo would kill the slr in my mind. I heard the slr isn't as much as it is cracked up to be. I can't remember if I have a top gear that tested them head to head.

On a side note, I hope that that Swedish national is never allowed to buy a limited production Ferrari again. To be drunk and go race in a car like that is just stupid.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:31 PM
B.O.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Canuck
On a side note, I hope that that Swedish national is never allowed to buy a limited production Ferrari again. To be drunk and go race in a car like that is just stupid.
I'm sure he doesn't care...isn't it true that before anyone could purchase an Enzo, they need to have other Ferrari's also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G

Quote:
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessRR
...isn't it true that before anyone could purchase an Enzo, they need to have other Ferrari's also?
From what I heard, yes you had to own a Ferrari before hand, meet certain criteria, and then from there Ferrari selected only so many. Now what I don't know, and living not 5 min. from a Ferrari dealership, is that I saw Enzo's there that you could buy. I don't know if you had to still meet the requirements before you purchased it, or if you could walk in there and get yourself an Enzo.

Eitherway they are purrrty up close.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Cali's Twisty Tamer

Sportbike: '96 CBR F3
Years Riding: since 98
How you found us: met at Strat's

Quote:
The enzo would kill the slr in my mind. I heard the slr isn't as much as it is cracked up to be. I can't remember if I have a top gear that tested them head to head.

Considering the top speed of an SLR is 208 and that the Enzo is basically an F1 car with fenders, yeah driver not being a factor the Enzo would most assuredly win. But it's not as nearly luxurious to ride in as the SLR, also noted on another Top Gear episode where he raced the other 2 hosts that had taken a ferry over some body of water from Europe or England to Oslo Norway, I can't remember. It was pretty funny, but he said how much he loved the car.

The optimist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds...
The pessimist fears this to be true.

<----Shane

Shane's Facebook
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 02:45 PM

Yeah I remember that episode of Top Gear. Though I thought in another episode he didn't like it, cause it was too plasticy. I could be getting my cars mixed up with the episodes, but I thought that was something he said. Now granted I have found that the host does go back on what he says. Or flip flops his thoughts.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

Makes me sick when people don't appreciate what they have.

Nickyfan,
Did you see the episode where Clarkson took the new Aston Martin from London through the chunnel, then on highways to Nice and beat the other two hosts who took a highspeed 200+ MPH TGV train? Great episode, I love that show.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!

Last edited by SmartDrug; 02-22-2006 at 03:31 PM.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:46 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
Quote:

yeah but have to think.. Enzo - street legal race car, SLR - its still a benz.. and an AUTOMATIC.

if i remember from top gear, the enzo was the fastest on there test track, but the SLR was also one of there top cars on the list.

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Quote:
I hope that twat is deported and never allowed to buy ANY car EVER again. Supercar or not, that doesn't protect the family of four in the 1986 Accord that gets hit the next time that moron gets loaded and loses control at 120+ MPH.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

I wonder how much insurance cost for that thing; but I guess if you can afford an Enzo, you could be your own insurance company .

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Put it this way - I live next to Fletcher Jones Mercedes and have now seen 2 SLR's in their showroom at different times - There is no way in hell you could ever find a Ferrari Dealer that would have TWO Enzo's EVER taking up inventory space.

And yes, you must be a current owner or have purchased a Ferrari to even think of somehow getting on the Enzo List - Hell, the 430 list is 2 yrs and change and that is an upgraded 360 - With the Enzo, you are talking about a even badder F-50 which was tough to top when it tried to with the F-40 - What a fuggin car that F-40 was in its day and even current day

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 04:29 PM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

"Dietrich"
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Cali's Twisty Tamer

Sportbike: '96 CBR F3
Years Riding: since 98
How you found us: met at Strat's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDrug

Nickyfan,
Did you see the episode where Clarkson took the new Aston Martin from London through the chunnel, then on highways to Nice and beat the other two hosts who took a highspeed 200+ MPH TGV train? Great episode, I love that show.
No I haven't. It was probably on that marathon they just had recently too, wasn't it But I do see him going through tunnels quite often with other vehicles making VROOM VROOM noises

The optimist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds...
The pessimist fears this to be true.

<----Shane

Shane's Facebook
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
+1 ...usually, da ppl that can afford toys like that are the ones that do NOT deserve em

Last edited by jesson0204; 02-23-2006 at 09:16 AM.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I hope that twat is deported and never allowed to buy ANY car EVER again. Supercar or not, that doesn't protect the family of four in the 1986 Accord that gets hit the next time that moron gets loaded and loses control at 120+ MPH.
+1....having 2 kids myself, i couldn't agree with u more. That pisses me off more, now that u mentioned that.

Last edited by jesson0204; 02-23-2006 at 09:17 AM.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:37 AM

Sportbike: 05 Busa LE
Years Riding: too many years to remember but not enough to be great
How you found us: search engine

Well if the higher ups at Ferrari see what he did maybe they will remove his ass from the buyers list even though he owned other models and owned an Enzo. I still don't think just because you had to have previously owned other models to get the Enzo that there are people out there who haven't owned any Ferraris that are driving an Enzo. These people that have more money then they know what to do with can buy enything they want. When the enzo first came out wasn't it like a 600k car but because of demand it drove the price up to a million. I may be wrong but it seems to me that I heard that before.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneridin
Well if the higher ups at Ferrari see what he did maybe they will remove his ass from the buyers list even though he owned other models and owned an Enzo. I still don't think just because you had to have previously owned other models to get the Enzo that there are people out there who haven't owned any Ferraris that are driving an Enzo. These people that have more money then they know what to do with can buy enything they want. When the enzo first came out wasn't it like a 600k car but because of demand it drove the price up to a million. I may be wrong but it seems to me that I heard that before.
Yeah, im pretty sure ur right.
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneridin
You are correct - You can pay 1/2 a mil over sticker all you want all day long - The list is for those who want one, yet want to pay sticker or SLIGHTLY there over - Folks sell "spots" on the list all the damn time - Hell, would'nt you - Think about it - I own a great '01 355 Spider that I love and don not want to buy an Enzo BUT I put my name on the list the first chance I had - '05 rolls around and I search for a buyer - I pay $600K and some change and flip it to Daddy Warbucks for a Mil and some change

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 11:51 AM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Ferrari probably won't let you do that. I'd imagine they make you sign something preventing you from turning around and selling the car.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach
Ferrari probably won't let you do that. I'd imagine they make you sign something preventing you from turning around and selling the car.
Yeah, just like you sign your Tax Refund stating all the info is correct?

It happens all the time - Who is Ferrari to say that "I fell on hard times and had to sell my Enzo, as much as it killed me to do so, my kids new an Education, etc etc"

post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug
Yeah, just like you sign your Tax Refund stating all the info is correct?

It happens all the time - Who is Ferrari to say that "I fell on hard times and had to sell my Enzo, as much as it killed me to do so, my kids new an Education, etc etc"
I'm not so sure that it would be that easy to get around, you're talking about pulling in $400k in straight profit. I'd be willing to wager that at least one person at Ferrari makes it their business to determine exactly who is driving every Enzo. They made less than 1000 of them, it's not like it would be that difficult. And I'd bet that the guy who owns a '97 F355 would be hard pressed to explain financially how the sell of his $1 mil car was necessary to put a kid through college. Not that it's impossible, but I'd bet it's not as easy as one might think.

Speaking of contracts, have you seen that show Pimp my Ride on MTV? They take a car worth $500 and drop $60,000 worth of electrical equipment and "bling" into it. Only problem with the equation is that when Joe teenager curbs one of his $3000 rims, he can't afford to replace it, so what does he do then? He tries to sell it... problem there, MTV makes them sign a contract where they cannot sell the car for a decade. What happens then? You have a "Pimp" lawn ornament that's parked out side in South Central... that'll last a long time. I would almost debate that Pimp my Ride is MTV's way of supporting Los Angeles car theives, they probably get a tax cut from it.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:

Last edited by SmartDrug; 02-23-2006 at 12:31 PM.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Bug

Quote:
I'm not so sure that it would be that easy to get around, you're talking about pulling in $400k in straight profit. I'd be willing to wager that at least one person at Ferrari makes it their business to determine exactly who is driving every Enzo. They made less than 1000 of them, it's not like it would be that difficult.

Speaking of contracts, have you seen that show Pimp my Ride on MTV? They take a car worth $500 and drop $60,000 worth of electrical equipment and "bling" into it. Only problem with the equation is that when Joe teenager curbs one of his $3000 rims, he can't afford to replace it, so what does he do then? He tries to sell it... problem there, MTV makes them sign a contract where they cannot sell the car for a decade. What happens then? You have a "Pimp" lawn ornament that's parked out side in South Central... that'll last a long time. I would almost debate that Pimp my Ride is MTV's way of supporting Los Angeles car theives, they probably get a tax cut from it.
I know folks who have done it with the 430 all day long - Enzo, might be a different story, I'll give ya that - I also believe that there is a Law that keeps dealers from going "MASSIVELY" over sticker regardless of demand - It is a quck and eay way to lose the license form the Mfg to sell their product - Hence the reason the first Enzo in Illinos was sold by a dealer who "took it in" and let it go for over a Mil and some change - NOW, you knwo the guy who bought that from a dealer as a delivery did not pay that - Ferrari would NEVER allow that as a new car delivery price - I know it sounds nuts and many will argue that it can't and should not happen but it does all the time - Don't even get me started with the Porsche GT - Now THAT is a car!

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug
I know folks who have done it with the 430 all day long - Enzo, might be a different story, I'll give ya that - I also believe that there is a Law that keeps dealers from going "MASSIVELY" over sticker regardless of demand - It is a quck and eay way to lose the license form the Mfg to sell their product - Hence the reason the first Enzo in Illinos was sold by a dealer who "took it in" and let it go for over a Mil and some change - NOW, you knwo the guy who bought that from a dealer as a delivery did not pay that - Ferrari would NEVER allow that as a new car delivery price - I know it sounds nuts and many will argue that it can't and should not happen but it does all the time - Don't even get me started with the Porsche GT - Now THAT is a car!
I don't see why there'd be a limit to the price that a dealer can charge. It's not like it's price gouging or the like... no one needs an Enzo, but hey, if they want to pay the extra $400k, that's supply and demand baby.

The interesting thing about Ferrari is that they don't supply cars to dealers the way that Ford does, every Ferrari that rolls off their assembly line is made for a particular customer. Given that, who determines the selling price vs. list price? Is that something that the dealership and the factory negotiate and then split or does the dealership just take that extra $ as a "service fee"?

Ferrari could sell 10,000 Enzos if they made them, but they only make 1,000 for a reason, exclusivity. So those stupid Swedes and Oil babies can feel like they're special. If they're not making as much money due to limited quantities, I wouldn't be suprised if they took some kickbacks from dealers for the dealer overage charges.

Remember Magnum P.I. from the 1980's? He drove some version of a 308 or 328 or something, when people saw the show, the Ferrari sales for those models shot up like crazy. They listed for $80/90k at the time but were selling for upwards of $500,000 to people who wanted to look like Tom Selleck. This benefitted all parties involved, the buyers got the car they wanted, the dealers got the money they wanted, Ferrari got the status, etc. Another example how supply and demand benefits us all. The only way it ended up biting someone in the ass was when people realized that the 308/328 was a terrible performer and the resale value dropped like a damn rock. Consider this, you can buy a car that sold for $500,000 in 1983 for $30,000 today... not a smart investment in retrospect, but hey, the owner probably got some hot Miami vice trim back in the day.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 01:07 PM

I thought they only made 399 Enzo's to the public?
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBD
I wonder how much insurance cost for that thing; but I guess if you can afford an Enzo, you could be your own insurance company .
I would think that the insurance for a $1 mil high perf car would be somewhere around $30-40k per year.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 11:48 PM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach
Sounds decent, but I don't think anyone can prevent you from selling your property??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode