Freight and set up - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
CCS - WERA - AMA

Sportbike: '04 600RR
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: search

Freight and set up

I accidently posted in the ANGRY CUSTOMER thread about this. Sorry Fred. Either way not every dealer plays games. These guys are a mom and pop type store WITHOUT freight or set up non sense!

Stop by or give them a call [URL="http://www.randbmotorsportshttp://www.randbmotorsport/[/URL]

Zero freight or set up fees and they usually work frokm invoice up! No fake theft insurance or credit and life and dissability garbage either!!!

At most you'll get "offered" a warranty!!

Are we there yet?

Last edited by Odysseys; 02-25-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:10 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

no complete links please.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:40 PM

GREAT FIND!!!

Seeing this post got me curious so I called R&B and talked to Rick in sales. I'm familiar with the R6 so that's where my test begins. Rick said a blue 2006 R6 stickers for $9200 and costs the dealer $7785. It's a hot bike so it's not a give away but I'd be just under $8400 or $8500. Not bad so I asked what it was with all the charges and right away he told me they don't charge freight or set up fees!!!!! Freight and set up are included in the price from the manufacturer and if I wanted to I could see the invoice!!!! He said there was sales tax, a $55 doucumentation fee and license plates. That's it!

To test him some more I asked what the finance rate was and if there were any other requirements like a warranty or insurance. He said finance rate depends soley on my credit score and the bank chosen. I was more than welcome to get my own financing or with great credit I could be as low as 4.9% through a bank called Consumers! Drivers insurance is a state law but that's it. I'm not required to have any other insurance and if I wanted an extended warranty they offer true manufaturer warranties and not some no name worthless garbage.

I'm blown away by this whole experience. No jerk refusing to speak to me without coming in and no hard ball tactics. Now I just need to decide if I should step up to a 1000!!!

Take a ride out there or give them a call!!!!!! RandBMotorsports DOT com
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 12:09 AM
This show is 'Rated NC17'

Sportbike: Honda's & Yamaha's
Years Riding: Late 80's
How you found us: CLSB found me!

R&B Motorsports is a great little dealer and shop!

Their techs build some serious race sleds and they really get involved with their customers. Brian is the service manager and original founder and is really well versed with anything 'motorcycle'! I met Rick once last summer and he's a real cool genuine person just pumped about bikes!
I usually get all my oils, Road Racer X magazines and other miscellaneous stuff there! Their prices can't be beat!!! (Just wish they carried Honda )

Straight forward, honest and really involved. It is a smaller shop right down the road from Great America in Waukegan, but worth the trip for all you city folk. I've been a proud customer of theirs for close to twenty years!

Shameless plug -->

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. ~ Buddha
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 12:16 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

why dont you guys get me into contact to see if they would like to advertise on CLSB maybe make it more the worth while for everyone. most of all them and us.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 12:12 AM
This show is 'Rated NC17'

Sportbike: Honda's & Yamaha's
Years Riding: Late 80's
How you found us: CLSB found me!

Good idea Odysseys!

I wish I could help more but I really don't know anyone on a personal level any more. I used to be tight with their manager from a few years back but he's moved on into another industry. I stop in, say "Hi!", look around and get my gear.

Maybe call up and introduce yourself saying who you are and what you do with regards to motorcycles. For what it's worth, here's the dirt. . . R&B used to be Ron & Brian's. Ron retired so Brian has a new partner. I know they're looking to possibly relocate to a newer/bigger facility closer to Gurnee Mills for better exposure and more traffic. Other than that it's just a real small first rate shop. Their focus seems to be on the customer rather than squeezing every last cent out of a potential customer.

That's all I got. Carry on. . .

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. ~ Buddha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode