chicago cycle forum disappearance? Anyone buying a bike soon come in... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
chicago cycle forum disappearance? Anyone buying a bike soon come in...

Not that it's a big deal, but what happened? I was looking to buy a crf450 but $6000+ for an '05 and they can keep it. I'll be making a trip down to southern honda ( www.southernhonda.com ) to pick up 2 brand new 2006 CRF450R's for $5,783.00 each. That's $1,216 below MSRP and below what CCC says their dealer cost is on their 2005's. Take a look around on their site, they have great prices on ALL bikes and what's listed is their OTD price. This is the same place everyone got the 50's super cheap from. Like I said I'll be picking up two CRF450's but I should have room for 1 or 2 more bikes. If anyone wants I'll pick 'em up something, $100 delivery fee. I should be heading down there in 2-3 weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
their sponsorship expired. Hopefully they will be back soon.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Where are the races?

Sportbike: 01 Busa
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: cant remeber!

Send a message via AIM to twistedspeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
their sponsorship expired. Hopefully they will be back soon.

Interested let me know the details....If they dont come back...
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 08:03 PM

i believe, Fred works there.

You can shoot him a PM at "fred" tell him, Fiero sent you
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

I ended up riding there today. Gave the salesman my ID to get a OTD quote (he said this was mandatory to get a quote) he was gone with my license for like 20 minutes, came back to tell me we have to wait for the manager. Told him to give me my license back and left. All I wanted was a price lol
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIF
I ended up riding there today. Gave the salesman my ID to get a OTD quote (he said this was mandatory to get a quote) he was gone with my license for like 20 minutes, came back to tell me we have to wait for the manager. Told him to give me my license back and left. All I wanted was a price lol
You think maybe they are doing a credit check with your ID. You know seeing what you can afford. I can't think of any other reason why they need an ID.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 02:28 AM
Inu
Computer Junkie

Sportbike: 02 Katana 600
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: http://www.katanaplanet.com

Send a message via AIM to Inu Send a message via Yahoo to Inu
can they do a credit check w/o your consent?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha
Probably not, but who knows what they'll do.

Personally I'd tell them either give me a price or send the general mgr over here for a few words. As for being "mandatory" to give a quote, well thats a bunch of horseshit. Should had told them you'll need to see his sale license, drivers license, home phone and a copy of a utility bill with his current address on it first.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

I asked if it was for a credit check and he told me "no we just need copies" if this comes up on my credit report I'm going to go in their raising hell
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 09:20 AM
G2G

I would start raising hell. There is no way they should be making copies of your DL.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 11:54 AM

Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2Go
I would start raising hell. There is no way they should be making copies of your DL.

I stopped into a new car dealer a while ago, to look at a shit box used wagon that looked like it might make a good delivery car fo my shop. Before they would let me test drive it they had to copy my DL. I thought that was in case I split with the car they would have my info. I told them that I insist that the salesman come along on the ride. They still wanted my DL and made a copy of it. They ran it through some small machine that may have been some sort of scanner. They said it was for Homeland Security. This is a dealer that has been in the same place since the seventys. Usually I don't like to give out ANY personal info, but at this dealer it didn't seem like a big deal. I figured that now that they had my info they would start calling and bothering me about other cars they have, but that never happened. It seemed odd, but nothing ever came of it.
Also some bullshit that seems to be homeland security, is banks wanting a thumb print on the check being cashed. FUCK THAT. I sold some old records to a friend, and he paid me with a check. I went to his bank to cash it, and was told that I needed 2 photo id's and a credit card to cash since I was not customer of bank. No problem DL, FOID, Amex, Visa, etc. Then the guy brings out some ink pad thing and wants thumbprint.No way. What's this for? Home land security. I've never been finger printed so there would be no record ANYWHERE of my prints. I ask what they do with the print. It stays on the check and gets returned to check writer. No. Fuck that. Asked for a manager, and some old dude comes out and says it "company policy" The teller told me its homeland security. Which is it. Oh its both, he says. Wait a minute! I can buy & own guns in the state of Il, but can't cash a check. That's insane. At this point customers behind me were getting pissed cuase they wanted the line to move. I just said Fuck it and left. That's the most insane thing I've ever heard of. They want to let Arabs run the ports, but a fat, gray haired, white guy can't cash a $200.00 check. WTF!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 02:57 PM
G2G

Well I can see a copy of a DL if you are test driving a car but no a quote o a motorcycle.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
fo rthe test drives it makes sence, even with if a salesman goes with you, At least that way if the salesman shows up dead and the car is gone, they have some clue as who to look for.

Ya but for gettting a quote. its is a little petty. Either its a salesman trick to make you feel like he is in control, or they were just tryign to gauge if your serious.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Listen to Motley Crue

Sportbike: POSER
Years Riding: 3 Years
How you found us: Shadrach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha

No, it is ILLEGAL to do so without consent.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 08:24 PM

Sportbike: CBR1000/GSXR1000
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Buddy

Send a message via MSN to BFLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton
No, it is ILLEGAL to do so without consent.

That is very true, laws get broken every sec of everyday.

Maybe they use some background service to look into your credit something like the insurance company's due. Who knows but sounds really shady for a price.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 08:25 PM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptor
I stopped into a new car dealer a while ago, to look at a shit box used wagon that looked like it might make a good delivery car fo my shop. Before they would let me test drive it they had to copy my DL. I thought that was in case I split with the car they would have my info. I told them that I insist that the salesman come along on the ride. They still wanted my DL and made a copy of it. They ran it through some small machine that may have been some sort of scanner. They said it was for Homeland Security. This is a dealer that has been in the same place since the seventys. Usually I don't like to give out ANY personal info, but at this dealer it didn't seem like a big deal. I figured that now that they had my info they would start calling and bothering me about other cars they have, but that never happened. It seemed odd, but nothing ever came of it.
WTF!
the deal with the drivers license is for insurance purposes. If they let you take a car out and you don't have a license and you hit and hurt / kill somebody, they are liable. There insurance company requires a drivers license for a test drive. Additionaly the scanner thing is more then likely a digital software capture program. I used to sell them, the back of an IL drivers license has some information on it, ALL it has is your name, and drivers license number on it. IT has NOTHING else. The information privacy act, that gives you all your credit protections also requires that a dealership never let private information be visable to the open public, so what alot of dealerships do is purchase a program that they can scan a picture of your drivers license into. This will allow them to warehouse and secure the data. It keeps your data safe (safer then on a app sheet on a salesperson's desk, while the salesperson is out for a ride with you, etc)

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 11:31 AM

Yea I would think it would be what Clearwater said...as for running your credit. It's much tougher to do that. You can see who has pulled your credit and then dispute it with the credit agencies. If those agencies demand to see your agreement from whomever pulled your credit, they could get into a good chunk of trouble.

Now there are agencies out there who report to resellers as to when your credit was pulled and by whom. For example, YZFAlex pulled my credit in his mortgage company because he's doing my refi. A few days later I got a call from some guy who said "I see here that one of my competitors has pulled your credit and I was wondering if I could offer to beat his deal?"
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 12:17 PM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Also some bullshit that seems to be homeland security, is banks wanting a thumb print on the check being cashed. FUCK THAT. I sold some old records to a friend, and he paid me with a check. I went to his bank to cash it, and was told that I needed 2 photo id's and a credit card to cash since I was not customer of bank. No problem DL, FOID, Amex, Visa, etc. Then the guy brings out some ink pad thing and wants thumbprint.No way. What's this for? Home land security. I've never been finger printed so there would be no record ANYWHERE of my prints. I ask what they do with the print. It stays on the check and gets returned to check writer. No. Fuck that. Asked for a manager, and some old dude comes out and says it "company policy" The teller told me its homeland security. Which is it. Oh its both, he says. Wait a minute! I can buy & own guns in the state of Il, but can't cash a check. That's insane. At this point customers behind me were getting pissed cuase they wanted the line to move. I just said Fuck it and left. That's the most insane thing I've ever heard of. They want to let Arabs run the ports, but a fat, gray haired, white guy can't cash a $200.00 check. WTF!
This is fairly recent. I've seen the sign for that in my bank. It's another way for them to track money flow. Like criminals use freakin' checks.

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
So what exactly did you do then? Go elsewhere to cash the check or what?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 12:20 PM
-= OuterSpace =-

Sportbike: Yamaha YZ450
Years Riding: too many to keep track
How you found us: Shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIF
Not that it's a big deal, but what happened? I was looking to buy a crf450 but $6000+ for an '05 and they can keep it. I'll be making a trip down to southern honda ( www.southernhonda.com ) to pick up 2 brand new 2006 CRF450R's for $5,783.00 each. That's $1,216 below MSRP and below what CCC says their dealer cost is on their 2005's. Take a look around on their site, they have great prices on ALL bikes and what's listed is their OTD price. This is the same place everyone got the 50's super cheap from. Like I said I'll be picking up two CRF450's but I should have room for 1 or 2 more bikes. If anyone wants I'll pick 'em up something, $100 delivery fee. I should be heading down there in 2-3 weeks
I don't know how much you are planning on riding MX tracks vs trails but if you plan on doing the combo of the two you might want to look at the 450X electric start and it gets awesome reviews.

04 Yamaha YZ450F - Off-Road it, mang
06 Kawasaki BruteForce 750i
09 Yamaha Raptor 700r

- Mike - OldSkool - MC -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode