Some April fools gift ideas :) - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Some April fools gift ideas :)

http://www.thinkgeek.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 11:50 AM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

I told my parents one year that i was going to be in the "girls of the big 12" issue of playboy. They bought it hook line and sinker.....called a lawyer friend abotu the contract, and my mom called her bible friends to pray for me. About 6 hours later I called the house....at this time they had told nearly all of their friends ("oh my god let's tell you what the kid got herself into!") and that's when I April Fooled them. They had to call everyone back and tell them they had been duped. It turned out better than I had hoped.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_ag
I told my parents one year that i was going to be in the "girls of the big 12" issue of playboy. They bought it hook line and sinker.....called a lawyer friend abotu the contract, and my mom called her bible friends to pray for me. About 6 hours later I called the house....at this time they had told nearly all of their friends ("oh my god let's tell you what the kid got herself into!") and that's when I April Fooled them. They had to call everyone back and tell them they had been duped. It turned out better than I had hoped.
Nice work!!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 11:52 AM
pfft.

yeah, this is my favorite holiday. I want to get jeff but we will both be out of town, not together, so I don't think anything will work. I'm also trying to think of something for the folks. I might tell them I made it onto the martha stewart show.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_ag
Bravo

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 11:56 AM

I used to work with this guy that would always play jokes on his gf. One time he switched the caps on her contact lens case.

She then took every single fuse out of his car and put them on a shelf in the garage.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 11:57 AM
pfft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrash
Bravo
What helps was they a few days before, I left them a message that I needed to talk to them and wanted to get them on the phone together sometime that week. It's all about planning leading up to the big day-- that's what make a great april fool.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 12:14 PM
I break everything!

Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google

Once I built up a girl to thinking I was going to get her flowers for about a month in advance. I convinced her that I didn't believe in Valentines Day to to just wait until April for a surprise. I ordered something cheap from one of those online flower places and discarded the contents of the box so I could have a nice 1-800-FLOWERS.COM box ready to go. Then I filled up the box with a bunch of dried wheat and dead grass and some other crap, and arranged it all nicely like they were actually flowers. I got a little wooden treasure chest and put in like a couple of tiny-ass fake roses, just to rub it in. I shipped the box to her and put the flower companys name and address as the return address. She was totally expecting it and was really happy when she got them. She didn't even open them right away, she brought them over to my place first (we were in dorms at the time and she was really close by). The look on her face was priceless when she opened it, I swear I could see tears welling up And even better too when she found the tiny fake roses inside. Let's just say that I received a wheat-beat-down that night

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGu
Once I built up a girl to thinking I was going to get her flowers for about a month in advance. I convinced her that I didn't believe in Valentines Day to to just wait until April for a surprise. I ordered something cheap from one of those online flower places and discarded the contents of the box so I could have a nice 1-800-FLOWERS.COM box ready to go. Then I filled up the box with a bunch of dried wheat and dead grass and some other crap, and arranged it all nicely like they were actually flowers. I got a little wooden treasure chest and put in like a couple of tiny-ass fake roses, just to rub it in. I shipped the box to her and put the flower companys name and address as the return address. She was totally expecting it and was really happy when she got them. She didn't even open them right away, she brought them over to my place first (we were in dorms at the time and she was really close by). The look on her face was priceless when she opened it, I swear I could see tears welling up And even better too when she found the tiny fake roses inside. Let's just say that I received a wheat-beat-down that night
Hmm, I would have just pushed her down some stairs and hit her with a bat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode