This is bullsh*t - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
This is bullsh*t

http://www.examiner.com/Top_News-a64...do_School.html

Flag Waving Banned at Colorado School

PDF | Email
The Associated Press
Apr 1, 2006 4:51 AM (1 day ago)
LONGMONT, Colo. - Dozens of high school students protested a temporary school policy forbidding students from displaying the U.S. flag - as well as flags from other countries - amid racial tensions following immigration rallies.

Skyline High School Principal Tom Stumpf said American flags were brazenly waved in the faces of Hispanic students and in one case a Mexican flag was thrown into the face of another student.

"When it involves the American flag and its abuse in vilifying other people, we simply will not tolerate it," Stumpf said. "They were using the symbol derisively as misguided patriotism."

Students were warned about the policy Friday and several were suspended, although Stumpf would not provide details. Then, about 100 students protested during lunch time.

Student Dustin Carlson told Denver station KCNC-TV that he was suspended for two days.

"I'm getting suspended for it and personally I think that's uncalled for," he said. "If this country means freedom, then why can't we fly our own flag? It's ridiculous."

Thousands of high school students Friday in California, Texas, Nevada and other states protested the tough immigration laws proposed in the House. Some waved Mexican flags and carried signs saying "We are not criminals."

On Monday, about 150 high school students, including some from Skyline, protested in Longmont.

"People are taking it to a whole other level," said Laura Avitia. "I don't think they know why we were protesting."
Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 08:39 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

I would wear an 80s american flag shirt and give everyone bearhugs.
post #3 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

I'm curious, what do you find to be bullshit?

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #4 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D
I'm curious, what do you find to be bullshit?

A school banning the American Flag

"school policy forbidding students from displaying the U.S. flag"

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
post #5 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:52 PM
" It Time To Ride "

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online

Send a message via MSN to Justmax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo

1+

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

post #6 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo

Yup, BS...sometimes this sensativity crap gets taken to ridiculous extremes...anyone remember when they tried to eliminate the American Flag from police cruisers a few years back ...common sense is used less and less it seems.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #7 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:59 PM

Sportbike: CBR1000/GSXR1000
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Buddy

Send a message via MSN to BFLY
1. BS having to speak another language in my local store just to get change.
2. BS that my great grandparent's had to learn English to get a good job and make a good life for there sons and daughters.
3. BS that all the same rules that where is place then have no merit today.
4. BS that the same people that had to learn to speak the common language and fought in world war 1 and world war 2 and Vietnam to Keep this great nation. Now have to watch all there sacrifices in vain.
5. BS that now the country's own flag is now a problem being displayed.
6. BS that people that come here want America to turn the other way while the support there home county and complain that they have no rights all the while running around stating how proud they are of the home country.

7.BS no matter what generation the first or 25 most of this county is made up of people that had a dream and a common dream. BS that this dream has gotten lost. This same dream that has kept this country FREE.

I truly believe and welcome all and understand there are many hardships when coming to this great land we all want to call home. But understand this once you make this choice there is great opportunity but this comes with a price many a generations have already paid. So don't come to me waving any other flag but the AMERICAN FLAG WHILE IN AMERICA!

WHEN I HAPPEN TO GOTO ANOTHER COUNTRY I WOULD EXPECT THERE FLAG TO BE HELD HIGH ALSO.

SO UNDERSTAND WHILE HERE IN AMERICA THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE MADE THIS COUNTRY GREAT IF YOU DINT WANT TO BECOME PART OF THIS NATION STFU.

Let it rip.
post #8 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:59 PM
CRF50 Squid

Sportbike: K6 GSX-R 750, 1971 CL350
Years Riding: Veteran Poser
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Blah Blah Blah
When I was a kid, every classroom I was in had the American flag prominantly displayed. We pay allegiance to it every morning. How times have have changed.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
post #9 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Lovin this Twin

Sportbike: 05 SV1000S, Wide Glide, DR350
Years Riding: 1/2 hour then it rained
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFLY
1. BS having to speak another language in my local store just to get change.
2. BS that my great grandparent's had to learn English to get a good job and make a good life for there sons and daughters.
3. BS that all the same rules that where is place then have no merit today.
4. BS that the same people that had to learn to speak the common language and fought in world war 1 and world war 2 and Vietnam to Keep this great nation. Now have to watch all there sacrifices in vain.
5. BS that now the country's own flag is now a problem being displayed.
6. BS that people that come here want America to turn the other way while the support there home county and complain that they have no rights all the while running around stating how proud they are of the home country.

7.BS no matter what generation the first or 25 most of this county is made up of people that had a dream and a common dream. BS that this dream has gotten lost. This same dream that has kept this country FREE.

I truly believe and welcome all and understand there are many hardships when coming to this great land we all want to call home. But understand this once you make this choice there is great opportunity but this comes with a price many a generations have already paid. So don't come to me waving any other flag but the AMERICAN FLAG WHILE IN AMERICA!

WHEN I HAPPEN TO GOTO ANOTHER COUNTRY I WOULD EXPECT THERE FLAG TO BE HELD HIGH ALSO.

SO UNDERSTAND WHILE HERE IN AMERICA THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE MADE THIS COUNTRY GREAT IF YOU DINT WANT TO BECOME PART OF THIS NATION STFU.

Let it rip.

I dont think it could be better said then this !

This is gonna hurt!
post #10 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

Not knowing the exact actions that the students may have had with their flags I will side with the school on this one. If you have a kid taunting and discriminating agaist someone using the the US (or whatever countries) flag to hide behind, it's wrong.

I had a similar situation in my high school. The straight up rednecks would wave the american flag around, chanting USA, whenever there was a hispanic based event happening in our school during a rally. This is not patriotism it's racism. Same goes for the Mexicans/Italians/Polish etc. that do that. When you blatantly use an american symbol to antagonize someone it's childish and wrong. School made a difficult decision, they had to have known it would make them look bad, but it prevents some problems while starting new ones.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #11 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 03:44 AM

Sportbike: Made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs
Years Riding: a
How you found us: .

How do you "offend" someone with the american flag WHEN WE ARE IN AMERICA... Unless someone's got something against being, or refuse to consider yourself, an american? In that case you deserve to feel discriminated against because, again, YOU ARE IN AMERICA. What part of this don't people get?
post #12 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 06:12 AM

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

Quote:
Not knowing the exact actions that the students may have had with their flags I will side with the school on this one. If you have a kid taunting and discriminating agaist someone using the the US (or whatever countries) flag to hide behind, it's wrong.

I had a similar situation in my high school. The straight up rednecks would wave the american flag around, chanting USA, whenever there was a hispanic based event happening in our school during a rally. This is not patriotism it's racism. Same goes for the Mexicans/Italians/Polish etc. that do that. When you blatantly use an american symbol to antagonize someone it's childish and wrong. School made a difficult decision, they had to have known it would make them look bad, but it prevents some problems while starting new ones.
Exactly, nothing wrong with having the flag displayed. It should be displayed in the classroom. But jusmping in front of someones face waving it because you know it will stir up shit is just being an asshole. Much like if you went to a bears game and some guy kept chanting packers and waving a green bay flag in your face when you are trying to watch the game. Pride is one thing but disrupting everything to get your point across and down someone elses is disruptive or in this case racist.

Under200
post #13 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Gee Arch is strangely silent on this topic.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #14 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Puck Hockey Rulz!

Sportbike: Kawi Ninja 650R
Years Riding: Never long enough!
How you found us: Search Engine

"Skyline High School Principal Tom Stumpf said American flags were brazenly waved in the faces of Hispanic students and in one case a Mexican flag was thrown into the face of another student."

They arent just flying the flag. Thats the issue IMHO.

- Joseph

"The key to eating a black and white cookie, Elaine, is you want to get some black and some white in each bite. Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate. And yet, still, somehow racial harmony eludes us. If people would only look to the cookie. All our problems would be solved."
post #15 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC1957
Gee Arch is strangely silent on this topic.

I Agree w/ Dr. D completely on this.

The real problem isn't the flag itself, it's the assholes using it as a simple tool of intimidation.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #16 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch
I Agree w/ Dr. D completely on this.
Shocking

Americans have every right to wave thier flag. this is America. if an illegal alien doesnt like it, too bad, this isnt an anti mexican thing so its not racism, this is an anti illegal alien thing, hence an anti criminal thing.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.

Last edited by HDTony; 04-03-2006 at 08:01 AM.
post #17 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 08:18 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Okay......Easy solution. Ban every single flag EXCEPT for the US Flag. Done! Easy solution. You want to display your heritage flag? Display it in your own country. Sorry. Your flag means nothing here compared to the U.S. flag. When someone crosses the border INTO the U.S. to live, make money, create a life........You respect the Flag of that Nation that is HOSTING you!

Now if you are an American Citizen, YOU as an American Citizen should respect, understand, and KNOW just what that flag stands for! You pay respect and Homage to the American Flag! If you get caught waving the American flag outside of patriotism you should be punished!

If you are part of an establishment that recieves monies or assistance (in any form) from the U.S. Government then YOU SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO PROPERLY DISPLAY THE U.S. FLAG!

Schools-- WTF happened to our education values?????
LEARN THE FUC*ING "PLEDGE OF ALLEGIENCE!!!!!!"
Listen to the National Anthem! If you hear it--Get your FUCKING HAT OFF YOUR HEAD!!!! Put your hand to your heart giving respect to the people you do NOT know who fought to give you this right! Are you embarrassed because nobody else puts their hand to their hearts? BE A FUC*ING LEADER AND MAKE AN EXAMPLE! Did you see me doing it a Sporting event? Did you point and laugh with your friends? SHAME ON YOU! Learn what that small gesture really means!

Sorry but this is only the opinions of An American Veteran! Which by the way has a 3 & a 4 Year old that ALWAYS know what to do when they see the flag displayed!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #18 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 08:25 AM
i need a new bike, this one is trashed

Sportbike: Falkor
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: yahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labdog
+1

bullshit lawsuits and people thinking this is their own country and not "america" is going to kill what this country is all about.
post #19 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Social Events Goddess

Sportbike: without currently
Years Riding: Long enough to know better, not long enough to stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoisn
When I was a kid, every classroom I was in had the American flag prominantly displayed. We pay allegiance to it every morning. How times have have changed.

+1, up until high school i did this

Ask me ill tell you...........anything I wanna hear

myspace.com/troubleks81

David you are remembered
post #20 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
Shocking
Americans have every right to wave thier flag. this is America. if an illegal alien doesnt like it, too bad, this isnt an anti mexican thing so its not racism, this is an anti illegal alien thing, hence an anti criminal thing.
Sad that you left out the intimidation part I posted.

So, throwing a flag into a hispanic student's face is a way to fight crime? Sounds more like assault to me.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #21 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Quote:
Okay......Easy solution. Ban every single flag EXCEPT for the US Flag. Done! Easy solution. You want to display your heritage flag? Display it in your own country. Sorry. Your flag means nothing here compared to the U.S. flag. When someone crosses the border INTO the U.S. to live, make money, create a life........You respect the Flag of that Nation that is HOSTING you!
yes, and make sure the kids breath in deep in the showers too........

I can't believe so many people are supporting people using the flag as a tool of racism, is that what you want America to stand for?

<--------Sticky Nicky
post #22 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Make my day!!!!!

Sportbike: Looking at a shiny Huffy!
Years Riding: 20+ yrs.

Quote:

I have to agree. It seemed what the kids did was hate motivated and that is wrong. It seems like we don't discipline the real cause and it hurts the innocent. Like trying to ban motorcycles on LSD because of loud exhausts. Not every bike has loud exhaust so why bann them all. Just ticket the one's breaking the law. Same with this. If they are being violent or racist then discipline them for that not because they want to raise the american flag.

Living life! Because before you know it it is over!

Joe

FACEBOOK
post #23 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 08:49 AM
CRF50 Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingit
I have to agree. It seemed what the kids did was hate motivated and that is wrong. It seems like we don't discipline the real cause and it hurts the innocent. Like trying to ban motorcycles on LSD because of loud exhausts. Not every bike has loud exhaust so why bann them all. Just ticket the one's breaking the law. Same with this. If they are being violent or racist then discipline them for that not because they want to raise the american flag.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. God forbid we teach our youth. It's easier just to whip out ban stick. Ban religion. Ban Guns. Ban alocohol. Ban drugs. Ban the flag. Then all out problems will be solved. Riiiight.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
post #24 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 08:54 AM
CRF50 Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labdog
Sorry. Your flag means nothing here compared to the U.S. flag.
Ouch. No wonder the terrorists hate us so much. I was always taught America was the melting pot. Where it was OK to be proud of your heritage while at the same time being a proud American. Where religion was between a man and his God. Where all men are created equal. I guess Americans are created superior.

When I go back to visit Cambodia, I tell my people, I'm Cambodian by birth and American by CHOICE.

post #25 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Administrator

How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Quote:
Ouch. No wonder the terrorists hate us so much. I was always taught America was the melting pot. Where it was OK to be proud of your heritage while at the same time being a proud American. Where religion was between a man and his God. Where all men are created equal. I guess Americans are created superior.

When I go back to visit Cambodia, I tell my people, I'm Cambodian by birth and American by CHOICE.
Unless your an arab country who wants to invest in american terminals in our ports, then that goes out the window.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

post #26 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 09:08 AM
on cloud 9

Sportbike: na
Years Riding: na
How you found us: na

That is just plain retarded. How on God's green earth is a flag used for racism?!? This has completely gotten out of control and I'd hate to say it but it is going to take some ETREMES to put the balance back.

So if some idiot picks up a stick and waves it in someone's face, does that mean they are going to ban all sticks from the grounds?!?!?

http://www.puppygossip.com/

http://www.myspace.com/ineedtheantidote

If you want to see a hypocrite, look in the mirror ...

"You can't make a weak man strong by making a strong man weak"
post #27 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meech
That is just plain retarded. How on God's green earth is a flag used for racism?!? This has completely gotten out of control and I'd hate to say it but it is going to take some ETREMES to put the balance back.

So if some idiot picks up a stick and waves it in someone's face, does that mean they are going to ban all sticks from the grounds?!?!?
The ban itself was the wrong 'solution'. The right solution would have been to bring assault charges upon the assholes.

I will disagree with you on putting the 'balance back'. The last thing this world needs are more extremists.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #28 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Have we gotten so PC we are going to file assault charges for waving a flag at someone, and hurting thier feelings? give me a friggin break. PC crap!

this country was a lot better off when feelings and sensitivity took a back seat to patriotism

- Ronald Reagan

post #29 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 09:23 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Quote:

It is the Melting Pot. And i truly have no ill will to others flying their flags here IN ACCORDANCE to the U.S. rules of flag displaying. Its when they SHOVE their flag into the faces of others! I actually enjoy seeing flags of other nations flying. Its when i see them fixed to car hoods, or 5x8 flags on a pole hanging out the rear window of a car that irks me!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #30 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
Have we gotten so PC we are going to file assault charges for waving a flag at someone, and hurting thier feelings? give me a friggin break. PC crap!
this country was a lot better off when feelings and sensitivity took a back seat to patriotism
The waving of the flag wasn't the problem. Throwing it in someone's face is.

By your logic, someone should be able to throw a baseball in your face, since that's an American Tradition.

Everyone Exaggerates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode