Need help getting out of a lease - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Need help getting out of a lease

I have good news and bad news

Good:
Just made an offer on a condo in Frankfort. I have a good feeling the seller will take the offer. The place has been on the market for over 12 weeks now.

Bad:
Dug up a copy of my lease agreement for my apartment. I've been renting here for 16 months. I was sure that I was month to month after the first year, but I read that unless I notify him within 60 days, the lease automatically renews for another full year. If that's true, my year isn't up until August '03.

I don't have $3,700 lying around to buy out the remaining 6 months of the lease and I'm be begging for food in downtown Frankfort if I try and pay the monthly rent.

My only hope is to plead with the landlord. From my viewpoint I have several scnerios:

1) I tell him the truth - "I'm buying a condo and I didn't realize I the lease was automatically renewed. I never recieved a notice that it was renewed. Can I give 60 days notice and move out Feb 29th???"

2) I tell the incomplete truth - "I'm moving out of town on short notice and I can't afford to pay out the lease, van I give you the next 2 months rent and move out on Feb 29th???"

3) I flat out lie - "I got laid off at work, I'm moving back home with my parents in MI until I can find work. I can give you Jan & Feb rent, but I can't afford to stay until August."

4) Lie #2 - "I got new job north of the city, I can't afford to pay for 2 apartments and the new company won't buy out the lease?, can give you Jan and Feb rent, but I have ot move at the end of Jan."

5) Lie #3 - "I have a sick parent back home in MI, I found a new job out there. I can't afford to buy out the lease?"

6) I tell him nothing and sublease the apartment. I'd probably have to take a small loss in order to attract someone quickly.

So what do you guys think??? Am I totally fucked. I was sure that I was month to month especially since I never got a notice that the lease was renewed.... that is the only card I have to play.

THe only notie I've ever recieved was when they increase the rent this summer.

ON June 3rd i receved the following letter:

"Dear Michael,

Effective August 1, 2002, we have found it nessesary to increase your rent to $610.00 per month. All other terms of your lease shall remain the same."

Looking at the dates, I may not be required to pay the increase because it was 59 days (0:00 07/03/02 - 13:59 07/31/02) before my lease renewal. Furthermore, if he changed my rent after the lease was renewed he may have thereby violated the lease agreement. Therefore I might be considered a occupant only by good faith and not obligated to the terms of the lease or some BS like that.

What do you think of that theory???

HELP!!!!!!!

Last edited by cherrypicker; 12-27-2002 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 09:13 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

:Laughing boy your lucky I am good at this.

OK here it is plain and simple....i need to see your lease contract.
But these are the things I am looking for in it.

1. Does the lease clearly term 12 months of contracted leasing?
2. Any stipulation that it the contract ENDS at such and such date, and int valid there after.
3. What is on the lease agreement to ending it or buying it out, or a percentage on breaking the lease at a such amount of time into it.
Some leases allow you to break the lease after 6 months and 1 month penalty.

4. Did I under stand you right by you saying the landlord told you that the rent was going up BEFORE the new term of this SAID lease? Or was it DURING what this new yearly lease falls under.

If this is am apartment complex, trust me they will put it into collections and you will have this shit on your TRW until its paid off then if you don't negotiate right with the collect agency to DELETE it once paid on what ever amount you can get them to do (and yes they can)! Get it in writing...and if you do this before you get your house..your gonna get fucked maybe?

but lets do this the right way...not the collection account way.

Lets get out of the lease legit and professional.

Now let me know what that thing says, scan it even if you can, or if you have a fax cherry, call me here ill plug mine in and read it for you.
I have done this shit a dozen times, with rental homes I have used, to properties I own.

post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 09:18 PM

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

You should also consult Illinois law and check the lease for severability clauses.

I agree with Ken, we need to see the whole document.

Dave
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 09:25 PM
YO MAMA

The only problem with rental and leasing is the said owners can hand out the general write up lease to a custom 1 that leaser can agree with or not agree with...that's the option of a contract you sign into with.
BUT....i have NEVER heard of an automatic non negotiable contract which renews on no such signing agreement of a new contract either being same or differed.
Then what's the point of a short term rental contract?...ya know.
By law...the Max limitations satue is 12 consicutive months, both for the leaser and leasee. to protect them both. owner cant kick you out for unsaid reasons as long as you pay, nor can you move, but the MOST important reason is rate increase while you are contracted!

That's the screwy part about this.

anyway i need to read it head to toe

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Here's the lease coming at you. Note: I first should check and see if he has another signed copy himself... and I initialed each page verifying that I read it. Also on this copy, there is no date next to each signiture. I know at work this is A signiture is not valid without a date.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

page 1:
-----
excuse the typos. The text was scanned to wordpad. I couldn't attach the image file.
-----

THIS LEASE, made this 18th day of July, A.D., Two Thousand and one, between: K.M.A. Associates, hereinafter called Lessor and Michael M. Girard, hereinafter call Lessee, WITNESSETH, that Lessor, in consideration of the covenants and agreements hereinafter contained and made on the part of the Lessee, hereby leases to Lessee for a private dwelling, the premises known and described as follows to-vat: Apartment No. 2W on the second floor of the building located at 740 Geftsyburg, together with the appurtenances thereto belonging in the city of Bourbonnais, County of Kankakee and State of Illinois, for the term commencing on the 1"t day of August A.D., Tm Thousand (2001) and expiring on the 31" day of July A.D., Two Thousand and tAn (2002), and from year to year thereafter, unless and until this lease shall be terminated at the date last above mentioned, or at a like date in any subsequent year thereafter, by the giving by either party to the other of not less than sixty (60) days! notice in writing of such termination, which said notice shall be delivered in person or sent by register mail, when to Lessor, at the place stipulated herein for the payment of rent, and, when to Lessee, at the address of the demised premises.
LEASE Page I of 5
In consideration thereof, and the covenants and agreements hereinafter expressed, it is covenanted and agreed as follows:

1. - Lessee shall pay to Lessor, Six Hundred Dollars ($600.00) rent per month at 595 Briarcliff Lane, Bourbonnais, IL 60914 (or wherever designated in writing by Lemr).
Said rent shall be due and payable in advance on the first day of each and every month of said term, it being agreed by the parties hereto that the time of each and all such payments is of the essence of this agreement.
A full security deposit of $600.00 is hereby acknowedged and receipted. This deposit is not to be used as a monthly rental of any kind by Lessee.

2.-Lessee has examined said premises and appurtenances prior to and as a cond4ion precedent to his acceptance and the execution hereof, and is satisfied vAh the physical condition thereof, and his taking possession shall be conclusive evidence of his receo thereof in good order and repair, except as otherwise specified hereon, and agrees and admits that no representation as to condition or repair has been made by Lessor or his agent, which is not herein expressed, or endorsed hereon; and that no promise to decorate, after, repair or improve, [email protected] before or at the execution hereof, not contained herein, has
been made by Lessor or his agent.

3.-Where the building is equipped for the purpose, Lessor shall furnish to Lessee, only in the fi)dures provkled for such purpose, by Lessor, hot water during the term of this lease, and in the radiators, a reasonable amount of heat at reasonable hours, from the first day of October until the 30th day of April of the succeeding year, for the use of Lessee, except when prevented by strike, accident, or other cause beyond the control or prevention of Lessor, and except during the repairing of the apparatus promed in said building for the furnishing of said water and heat. Lessor shall not be held liable for any injury or damage whatsoever which may arise or accrue from his failure to furnish cold or hot water or heat, regardless of the cause of such failure, all claims for such injury or damage being hereby expressly waived by Lessee.

4.-Said premises shall not be occupied in whole or in part by any person other than Lessee, and Lessee shall not subl-t the same or any part thereof, nor assign this lease, nor peffnit to take place by any act or default of himself or any person, any transfer by operation of Law of Lessee's interest created hereby; nor offer for lease or sublease the said premises, nor any portion thereof, without Lessoes written consent.

5.-Said premises, or any part thereof, shall not be used or occupied for boarding or lodging house, nor for rooming or school purposes, nor to give instructions in music or vocal or physical training, nor for any trade, business or entertainment, nor kept on or used in or around said premises or in or on any place contiguous thereto any inflammable fluids or explosives. Not unlawful or immoral practice nor any act nor any practice that YA[i injure the reputation of the premises or the building or which they form a part or which YAII disturb the inhabitants of said building or of the neighborhood shall be permitted or committed therein.

6.-Lessee shall not suffer or permit radios or musical instruments on the dernised premises to disturb the neighborhood or occupants of the building containing said [email protected] premises at any time and in no event shall they be operated or played between the hours of I 1:00 P.M. and 8:00 A.M.
,4 [email protected]

Last edited by cherrypicker; 12-27-2002 at 11:05 PM.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN

personally I would be honest and upfront. You may be suprised. I was when we bought the first house. Got out of my rental.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

I'm bad at lying anyway. Honesty or partial honesty (politicans honesty) is the only thing I really do well.

page 2

LEASE Page 2 of 5
7.-Lessee shall not suffer nor commit any waste in and about said premises, nor the building of which they are a part, and no ashes, dirt or other rubbish shall be emptied in the water closets, and shall keep the said dernised premises, together with the fbdures therein and appurtenances, in a clean and sanitary condition and In good repair and free from vermin and rodents, all at his own expense, and shall yield the same back to the Lessor upon termination of this lease, by expiration of the term or in any other manner, in the same condition, except as repaired or altered by Lessor, as at the date of the execution hereof. Loss by fire and reasonable wear and tear excepted. If, however, said promises shall not thus be kept by the Lessee as aforesaid, Lessor may enter the same himself or by his agents, and put the same in good condition, and Lessee agrees to pay Lessor, in addition to the rent hereby reserved, the expense of Lessor in so doing.

8,-Neither the Lessor not his agents shall be liable for damages, to the Lessee or to any person claiming through Lessee (nor shall rent be abated) for injury to person or damage to or loss of property wherever located from any cause or for damage claimed for eviction actual or constructive; this provision includes particularly but not exclusively all claims arising from the building or any part thereof being or becoming out of repair including appurtenances, equipment, fumishing, fddures or apparatus located in the demised premises or in the building or premises of which said dernised premises are a part, or from any act or neglect of Lessor or his agent or of any tenant or occupant of such building or of the premises of which such building is a part, or of ft neighboring property.
9.-The right of free access is reserved to the Lessor and his agents and to any other person thereunto authorized by the Lessor or his agent, to inspect, repair, ater or exhibit said premises and to affix signs "For Rent" in such places on ft premises as the Lessor or his agent shall determine, all without interference of any kind by the Lessee or others and with or without consent of Lessee. The Lessee covenants that if access is refused or not provided by the Lessee or the placing of signs is not permitted or signs are disturbed then the Lessee shall pay the Lessor, in addition to the rent hereby reserved as liquidated damages, a sum equal to twice the amount of the monthly rented herein provided.

10.-Lessee shall not cause or permit the display of any sign or advertising matter upon or about the demised premises or the building or premises of which the deinised premises are a part, without in each case the consent in wrfting of Lessor.

11.-Lessee shall make no alterations or additions without the consent in writing of the Lessor. All alterations and additions shall remain as part of the premises unless the Lessor shall otherwise elect: this includes in particular but not exclusively locks, bofts, and all fixtures.

12.-At the termination of this Lease, by lapse of time or otherwise, Lessee shall yield up immediate possession to Lessor and deliver all keys to Lessor or his agent at the place where rent is payable and failing so to do, shall pay as liquidated damages for the whole time such possession is withheld a sum equal to twice the amount of the rent herein reserved, pro-rated and averaged per day of such withholding. The acceptance of any such liquidated damages by Lessor shall not constitute a wahw by Lessor of his right of re-ent&ing as hereinafter set forth, nor shall any other act in apparent affirmance of the tenancy operate as a wahw of the right to terminate this lease or operate as an e)dension thereof, nor shall the provisions of this clause affect Lessc)es right, at his election, to treat Lessee as holdover tenant under the terms hereof.

13.-In case said premises shall be rendered untenantable by fire, explosion or other casualty, Lessor may, at this option, terminate this lease or repair said [email protected] within si)dy days. If Lessor does not repair said premises within said time, or the building containing said premises shall have been wholly destroyed, the term hereby created shall cease and determine.

14.-If Lessee shall permit the premises to reina7in vacant or unoccupied for a period of frfteen days, or in case of the breach of any covenant in this lease contained. Lessees right to the possession of the dernised promises thereupon shall terminate without notice or demand and the mere retention or possession thereafter by Lessee shall constitute a forcible detainer, and if the Lessor so elects, but not otherwise, this lease shall thereupon terftnate, and upon the termination of Lessees right of possession, as aforesaid, whether this lease be terminated or not, Lessee agrees to surrender possession of the dernised premises immediately, and hereby grants to Lessor full and free license to enter into and upon said premises or any part thereof, to take possession thereof with or without process of law, and to expel and remove Lessee or any other person who may be occupying the said premises or any part thereof as a member of his family or otherwise, remove all articles found therein, place them in some suitable storage place, at the cost and expense of Lessee, and Lessor may use such force in and about expelling and removing Lessee, and said other premises as of his former estate, but said entry of said premise shall not constitute a trespass of forcible entry or detainer, nor shall ft cause a forfeiture of rents due by virtue thereof, nor a waiver of any covenant, agreement or promise in said kme contained, to be performed by Lessee.

15.- Lessee shall pay the discharge all costs, expenses and attorney's fees, which shall be incurred or expended by Lessor due to breach of the covenants and agreements of this lease by Lessee. Lessor shall have a first lien on Lesseds interest hereunder, to secure the payment of all mom due hereunder, which lien may be foreclosed in equity, and in case of any such foreclosure proceeding , a receiver shall be appointed to take possession ofsaid premises under court.

16.--The acceptance cvf rent after 9 falls due, or after knowledge of any breach here& by Lessee, or the giving of any notice of making any demand, whether according to any statutory provision or not, or any other act or waiver other than written waiver shall not be construed as a waiver of Lessoes right to act without notice or demand or of any other right hereby given Lessor, or as an election not to proceed under the provisions of this lease.

17.-If Lessee shall vacate or abandon said premises or LesseNes right to possession thereof shall be terminated, the said premises or any part thereof may be rel-t by Lessor for such rent and such terms and such period as Lessor may elect wfthout releasing Lessee from any liability hereunder (but
Lessor shall not be required to accept or receive any tenant offered by Lessee or by others). Lessee agrees to pay all deficiency in case of rewing if sufficient sum shall not be received therefrom to satisfy the rent herein provided in addition to the sum necessary to pay all expenses thereof, including decorating, repairs, replacements, and commissions.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

page 3

Page 3 of 5
18.-Lessee hereby waivm all notice of any eimfion by Lessor hereunder, demand for rent, notice to quit, demand for possession and any and all notiom and demands which may or shall be required by any statute of this State rewing to forcible en" and detainer, or to landlord and tenant, or any other statute or law.

19.The payment or receipt of rent due shall not waive or affect any such notice demand, suit or judgment, or in any manner waive, affect, change modify or after any rights or remedies cvf Lessor.

20.-Lessee does hereby irrevocably constitute any attorney of any Court of Record in any State or of the Unged States, attorney for him and in his name, on default of any of the covenants or agreements herein, as often as defaults may occur, to waive the issuance of process and service thereof, to waive trial by jury, to confess judgment in favor of Lessor, his heirs, executors, administrators or assigns, and terms hereof, together with the costs of such proceedings, and a reasonable sum for plaintiffs attorws fees in or about the entry of said judgment, and for said purposes to file in said cause his cognovit thereof, and to make an agreement in said such proceeding, and wamng and releasing all right of appeal and right to wrft of error, and consenting to an immediate execution upon such judgment. If there be more than one Lessee this warrant of ahomey is given jointly and severally and shall authorize the entry of appearance of, waiver of issuance of process and trial by jury and confession of judgment against any one or more of such Lessees, and shall authorize the performance of every other act in the name of and on behalf of any one or more of such Lessees, and Lessee hereby confirms all that said attorney may lawfully do by virtue hereof.

21.-The rules and regulations contained on this side hereof are hereby made a part of this lease and Lessee shall observe the same. Failure to keep and observe said rules wall constitute a breach of the terms of this lease in the same manner as 9 contained herein as covenants, and a failure to observe the same shall be of the same effect. Lessee shall keep and observe such further reasonable rules and regulations as may later be required by Lessor or his agent, which my be necessary for the proper and orderly care of the building of which the premises herein demised are a part.

22.-All covenants and agreements of this lease shall be binding upon the inure to the benefit of the heirs, executors, administrators and assigns of the Lessor and Lessee, without affecting the restrictions imposed by paragraph 4 hereof.

23.-The rights and remedies of the Lessor under this lease are cumulative, and the use of one or more thereof shall not exclude or waive the right to the use of any other remedy.

24.-The words "Lessor" and "Lesseme' used herein shall include the plural thereof and the necessary changes required to make the provisions hereof apply to corporations or men or women shall be construed as if made.

25.-Lessee agrees to comply vMh all laws, rules and regulations covering 'Blackout, Lessor, or his agents, shall have the right to turn off all lights, electricity and gas, if deemed necessary by him, and the Lessee wakw any and all damages he may sustain by reason of said acts of the Lessor.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

page 4.... this one is short

LEASE Page 4 crf 5

HOW TO GET YOUR SECUFTITY DEPOSIT RETURNED

Sixty days prior to the end of your lease, notify us in writing of your intent or your lease automatically renews for another full year. The apartment you leased was received in a clean condition. If you do not leave your apartment clean, here is what we will charge you to clean various items.

STOVE REFRIGERATOR KITCHEN SINK & CABINETS KITCHEN FLOOR
BATH TUB & SHOWER TOILET BATH SINK
BATH FLOOR VACUUM CARPETS RETURN ALL KEYS
OR

$75.00
$50.00
$50.00 $15.00
$35.00 $25.00 $10.00 $10.00 $50.00 $75.00

Plus, any damages to your units walls, doors, appliances, floor coverings, cabinets, etc., Wil be our cost to repair or replace as needed.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:20 PM
Man with Big Hose

Sportbike: '01 Track only GSXR 600. No more street riding :(
Years Riding: Pick a number between 1 and 10? Opps now 1 and 11
How you found us: Champ91 in 2002

Send a message via AIM to Pugsly Send a message via MSN to Pugsly
Yep be upfront and more than likell you'll walk away happy.

I bought my house a few years ago and was leasing a place from a guy. I had only lived there 7 months. Our agreement for termaination of lease was that I would pay for the classified ad in the paper ($45) and any rent till it was rented. Considering it was dirt cheap for a VERY nice condo w/ garage...it was rerented in 1 day of the ad placement.

P.s. Multi page leases are BAD!!!!!! All my leases (5 in my life) have been 2 pages or less.

That Boy Just Ain't Right
CCS #414
PARTS411.COM
Lockhart Phillips USA

NESBA #414 Advanced
2001 GSXR 600
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

and finally....

page 5

LEASE Page 5 of 5
~

5. All provisions, milk, ice, groceries, fumgure, baby carriages, bicycles, boxes and similar articles shall be taken into or removed from the defnised premises through the rear door of the building only. All damages to the building, caused
by the moving or carrying of articles therein, shall be paid by the Lessee.
6. Lessee shall not cause nor pennft anything to be hung from the outside of
the windows or placed on the outside window sills.
7. Animals, birds or reptiles are not allowed on [email protected] premises.
8. The front hall, stairway and back porches shall not be used for storage of fumfture or other articles.
9. The water shall not be left running for an unreasonable or unnecessary
length of time.
10. Lessee shall not interfere in any manner with any part of the healing, lighting, refrigerating or cooling apparatus in or about the demised premises
or in or about the building containing the same.
I 1. Laundry work shall be done only in the place provided for such purposes. Washing machines and apparatus shall be used and operated in basement only, and no electric current or gas shall be fumished therefor by the Lessor. The use of waterpower washing machines is prohibited except by written consent of Lessor or his agent.
12. No radio aerial or connection shall be installed by the Lessee outside of the demised premises without the written consent of the Lessor or his agent.
13. Tenant are advised to keep all furniture, pianos, paintings, bric-a-brac and valuables insured, in some responsible fire insurance company. Diamonds and other valuables should be kept in safety deposit box.
14. REGULATIONS FOR USE OF LAUNDRY- Unless otherwise posted in the laundry of the building, by Lessor, the following are the regulations for use of laundry.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. LesseeMil be allowed to put his name in the proper place provkied in the mail box only in the foffn approved by the Lessor or his agent.
2. No rugs shall be beaten on the porches. No dust, rubbish litter or anything else shall be swept, thrown or emptied from any of the windows or upon or from the porches of the building or into the halls or entryways thereof.
3. Children shall not be permitted to lofter or play on the stairways, halls, porches
1st floor - Monday
2nd floor - Tuesday

<<>> July 18, 2001

<< signed>>> In the Presence of: Richard McCorkel
<< signed>>> Tenant: Michael M. Girard
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Pugsly

Our agreement for termaination of lease was that I would pay for the classified ad in the paper ($45) and any rent till it was rented.
Apartments have always been a BS hassle for me.

I would like to avoid gambling on this.

Come March.... I'm dead if I'm still paying rent when my mortgage payments start. I could probably make it if I cancel my gym membership, stop riding my motorcycle altogether, only eat rice, potatoes, ground beef, and frozen veggies, and pick up some weekend/evening shifts at a local Walmart or McDonalds.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:44 PM
YO MAMA

HOLY SLUM LORD contract...dude this guy has got you by the freaking balls....i cant believe anyone would ever sign that.
not only can they go into your home any time they, want, not only can he throw you out when he wants by physical means in which you agree he can do so and waive your right to sue him, and your gonna have to pay him to pay his lawyer to protect himself, holly crap the list goes on!

Anyway...you cannot sublet, the way it looks...also too this contract will renew automatically unless you give him a certifiable notice 60 days prior the end of the lease to get out of it.

My best bet would be to talk to him and ask him what possible venues he has to break the less without any pursuit to satisfy both parties..and see what he says...at this point you are still liable for the rest of the lease and you Better make sure to give him the FULL 60 day notice your not renewing.

talk to him, don't be a whinny guy about it, and be professional..dont mention lawyers just talk between the 2 and if he tells you comply with the contract..tell him you'll be talking to his lawyer then...then, we will go from there

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

I knew it was a little long, but it didn't look to bad 1-1/2 years ago.

Shit, I just wanted a fucking apartment with a garage. That's the first real lease I've ever signed. Before I was always on short term leases or living in college dorms.

Damn, now that I read a few sections again.... there is some real BS in there. Some of which probably violates several state or federal laws so I doubt it's enforceable.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 07:47 AM
CLSB SuperHero

Sportbike: None right now
Years Riding: since '95
How you found us: friend

They have to give you proper notice before they can come into the apartment. I know this due to the fact if there is a peice of property I have to inspect for a claim being presented, the owners tell me they have to give notice of 48 hours before they can go into the apartment. Some of the crap in there I belive does violate some state statutes.

Life is too short to ride anything but an R1

In memory of FastBlueR1...RIP

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 08:12 AM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Mike just be honest and talk to him. He may let you out of it. Ask him what he wants to let you out. Maybe you will get off with only a couple months rent.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Kruz
Mike just be honest and talk to him. He may let you out of it. Ask him what he wants to let you out. Maybe you will get off with only a couple months rent.
Thanks guys. I think that's the only realistic option. I'll let you guys know what happens.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 08:16 AM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

good luck
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I say we just dig up the garage floor and bury the guy in it. Then the lease is taken care of.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 10:16 AM

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

Looks like a pretty firm lease to me. However, I see no provision for them raising the rent in this lease. In fact, I see only a specific mention of $600. Raising the rate MAY be a breach of the lease since there is no provision for increasing it, but your continuing to live there under the new amount MAY constitute your acceptance of the new provisions. I'm not up on lease law here.

What I THINK is most likely to happen is you speak to them about moving and they hold you to the 60 days notice. They MIGHT try to continue charging you until they are able to rent and you MIGHT lose your security deposit.

I think what they REALLY want is the one-year committment and 60 days notice.

Note they cannot legally collect two rents for the property. If they find another renter they cannot continue to charge you rent on the same property.

Dave
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 04:41 PM
Everybody to the Limit

Sportbike: 05 GSXR1000
Years Riding: 39
How you found us: Surfing

I wonder what George Costanza would do.

http://bikepics.com/members/12rpilot/
R.I.P. Motobeagle
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Let the games begin. The seller accepted my counter offer on the condo. So... looks like this fellow will be getting a call on Monday morning.

I'll put my proposal in writing and have that ready, so if we discuss anything, it will be agreed upon in writing on the spot.

I might toss in costs for the news ad to sweeten the deal.
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 11:12 AM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time

This is simple. Just throw a big bash and get kicked out

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 03:38 PM
CLSB SuperHero

Sportbike: None right now
Years Riding: since '95
How you found us: friend

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy
This is simple. Just throw a big bash and get kicked out

Good idea Brian.

Life is too short to ride anything but an R1

In memory of FastBlueR1...RIP

post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Alright, I talked to the guy and I might be okay. I think I'll have ot pay rent at least for 60 days, and then possible unit lhe find a new tenenat. But with 60 days, that shouldn't be a problem. I still get the security deposit if it's nice and clean. I figure I'll at least get half of it.

I better clean it up so it shows nice. Think I'll even start boxing up most of my shit. I plan to move out the first week in Feb... assuming my closing on this townhouse goes okay.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:53 AM
YO MAMA

ok so pretty much he agress?

you just gave him the 60 days notice your moving? hopfully he finds someone to rent it out...and your set?

ofcourse the security deposit depends on how bad you poked holes in the walls..lol

post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 12:02 PM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5

Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Originally posted by cherrypicker
Alright, I talked to the guy and I might be okay. I think I'll have ot pay rent at least for 60 days, and then possible unit lhe find a new tenenat. But with 60 days, that shouldn't be a problem. I still get the security deposit if it's nice and clean. I figure I'll at least get half of it.

I better clean it up so it shows nice. Think I'll even start boxing up most of my shit. I plan to move out the first week in Feb... assuming my closing on this townhouse goes okay.
Don't forget about the oven! I got burned (bad pun..) because I forgot to clean the oven. Took 60 dollars out of my security deposit!

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 12:06 PM
YO MAMA

cherry heres something funny if your really a sex freak like me...if you have been a wild boy in your place lamking love all over the place and youve had gizz flying everywhere...go to spencers and get a black light and go look around in the dark...

post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 12:08 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys
cherry heres something funny if your really a sex freak like me...if you have been a wild boy in your place lamking love all over the place and youve had gizz flying everywhere...go to spencers and get a black light and go look around in the dark...

Only you Ken

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode