Anyone watch 24? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Anyone watch 24?

I fricken love this show. The one yesterday was the best this season. It's one of the only TV shows that I make a point to catch. Yes it takes the normal action show liberties as far as the hero coming out unscathed. Yesterday he survived a plane crash (sorry for the spoiler). But, anyone else is fair game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 02:13 PM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via AIM to Grover
I Tivo the show religously. Damn it, you ruined it! I'd like to see how he did that though. Figured he would. Last episode (damn near a month ago) ended like a Buck Rogers serial from the '40s...

Only thing I don't like is how they killed his wife off season. Actress gave it away about a month before the season started. She was being interviewed and mentioned she didn't get a call back for the next season. Easy to figure out what happened.

And Elisha Cuthbert? As of last episode, she was in a stolen car, with a 'kidnapped' girl, on the lamb, and had the dead body of the kidnapped girl in the trunk. This girl may be hot, but she's bad news!

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I love this show. I watch it every week. Last nights was good. So who thinks Nina is gonna get sniped the minute they find something about the bomb?

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 02:51 PM
BEER!

Quote:
Originally posted by GsxrTony
I love this show. I watch it every week. Last nights was good. So who thinks Nina is gonna get sniped the minute they find something about the bomb?
I still haven't seen this week's episode! Doubtful unless she does something to pose a threat to somebody. She's got that piece of paper, you know. Plus, she's a serious antagonist in the show (this season..) It's tough to find a 'good' bad guy. Best to keep her around.

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Re: Anyone watch 24?

Quote:
Originally posted by obijuan
I fricken love this show. Yesterday he survived a plane crash (sorry for the spoiler).
No biggie. I've survivied three. BTW, I'm knocking on wood as I write this.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 03:19 PM
Administrator

How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Quote:
Originally posted by GroverSV650S

I still haven't seen this week's episode! Doubtful unless she does something to pose a threat to somebody. She's got that piece of paper, you know. Plus, she's a serious antagonist in the show (this season..) It's tough to find a 'good' bad guy. Best to keep her around.

Chris
Then I wont spoil it for ya. Just trun off your computer, go haome and watch it. Dont open this thread again until you see it in case someone spoils it.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Only thing I don't like is how they killed his wife off season.
Chris
That's the thing that I love about the show. If you think they won't do something, they probably will.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Anyone watch 24?

Quote:
Originally posted by SloRoll

No biggie. I've survivied three. BTW, I'm knocking on wood as I write this.
From a G4 at 10,000+ feet, with no fire?

Hey, any landing that you walk away from is a good one.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

anyone besides me never here of this show before????? what channel is it on and what time????? i dont whatch much tv so be nice!

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

It's on Fox (32). It stars Keifer Sutherland as counter-terrorist agent Jack Bauer. The premise of the show is it's in "real time". Each episode covers 1 hour out of 24. The entire season takes place over one day. Basically Jack has 24 hours to stop "something" from happening. Last year it was an attempted assasination of a presidential candidate. This year it is stopping a terrorist's nuclear bomb from destroying LA.

It's done in the spirit of an old serial cliffhanger. They really make you want to see what's going to happen next hour.

The first season is on DVD now. I'd recommend checking it out.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 08:00 AM
BEER!

I just watched this week's episode. DAMN! What a difference an hour can make.

President won't let Jack die. He'll put a hit on her. Who's gonna know? What's he going to say at the press conference? What's his ex-wife's agenda. At least me meet the (supposed) antagonist finally. Still think somebody else is involved. Only 5 more days!

Jim, the downside of the show is that you have to catch EVERY episode. Jumping in now would probably not yield the 'cliffhanger' effect they shoot for. If you can rent it, I suggest watching it if you aren't too busy.

Does anybody have the first season on DVD? I'd like to see some of the 'extra' stuff. The alternate ending mainly.

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142

Last edited by Grover; 01-09-2003 at 08:08 AM.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

I saw Keifer on Jay Leno last season. He said they shot three different endings, so supposedly even the cast didn't know which one was going to be aired. He also said the reason behind this was, that they didn't know if the show was going to be picked up for another season until the last minute. So, they had another ending in case it wasn't picked up.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:14 AM

Well here's what I think...

If you remember a few episodes ago the dudes with the bomb got derailed a bit... the one terrorist didn't want to kill people anymore and he ended up getting shot...

So I'm thinking that the bomb isn't going to end up in the house Nina says it's in...

Which means she isn't going to get the pardon...

And who KNOWS what's gonna happen then...

just my 02
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Stydie
Well here's what I think...

If you remember a few episodes ago the dudes with the bomb got derailed a bit... the one terrorist didn't want to kill people anymore and he ended up getting shot...

So I'm thinking that the bomb isn't going to end up in the house Nina says it's in...

Which means she isn't going to get the pardon...

And who KNOWS what's gonna happen then...

just my 02
True,I almost forgot about that. I'm wondering since whats her name is with syed, I'm assuming they are at that address. So they are gonna find him, once they find him they have no use for nina. Cap her ass.

Damn we sound like a bunch of treckies

- Ronald Reagan

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GsxrTony

True,I almost forgot about that. I'm wondering since whats her name is with syed, I'm assuming they are at that address. So they are gonna find him, once they find him they have no use for nina. Cap her ass.

Damn we sound like a bunch of treckies
Good point about them finding that one chick that's with saiyed (phonetic spelling)...

But I think jack's going to get to be the one who caps nina... vengence you know...

I just wanna know where the bomb is going!!

And no we don't sound like trekkies... because 24 is actually cool
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Did you see the preview for next week? Who's the person with the gun at the end? I think it's the guy's fiance'. Which would mean she's the one involved an not her father, or maybe with her father.

Who do you think is involved on the President's staff? I think it's his chief of staff, Roger.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 10:55 AM
BEER!

The guy who let the reporter out is just the fall guy for him(chief of staff). One with the gun? Could be almost anybody. The dad? Maybe, if he escapes somehow.

Anybody notice that those guys chasing Jack and Nina had M4carbines with scopes (U.S military issue) and U.S desert BDUs? And spoke perfect English. Except the screwed up. With the overwelming odds in their favor, they should have put down suppressive fire while one or two flanked around. Probably mercenaries since they didn't work well together.

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 08:32 AM
BEER!

Quote:
The guy who let the reporter out is just the fall guy for him(chief of staff). One with the gun? Could be almost anybody. The dad? Maybe, if he escapes somehow.

Anybody notice that those guys chasing Jack and Nina had M4carbines with scopes (U.S military issue) and U.S desert BDUs? And spoke perfect English. Except the screwed up. With the overwelming odds in their favor, they should have put down suppressive fire while one or two flanked around. Probably mercenaries since they didn't work well together.

Chris
*bump*

See what happens to the 'sweet' guys. Prez's ex-wife? Ultimate villian. I was wrong about the guys chasing them.

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 08:56 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

D A M N i HATE Davids EX-wife! What a bi*ch!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just what the hell did Jack whisper to Nina!

This has to be the best show out there!!!!!!!!!!!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 09:18 AM
BEER!

I'm getting THIS season on DVD. In my opinion it's better than last season.

I actually Tivo'd back and turned on closed captioning to try and figure out WHAT he was saying. I'm sure it wasn't nice. But it may be something to do with getting away from the other CTU agents.

It must be ratings sweep time. The show is off the air FOR THREE F'N WEEKS!

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142

Last edited by Grover; 01-15-2003 at 09:20 AM.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 09:22 AM

Re: Re: Re: Anyone watch 24?

Quote:
Originally posted by obijuan

From a G4 at 10,000+ feet, with no fire?

Hey, any landing that you walk away from is a good one.
No, not a G IV, but how about a PA-180-235 on 63rd Street in Chicago, final approach, engine out, manage to deadstick in missing overhead light poles, slam into parked car, burst into flames as the left wing is ripped off and 20 gal of gas explodes, slide down street in a ball of flames, come to a stop on fire as remaining fuel in right wing burns, unfasten seat and shoulder harness, open door, step out and back, mumble something like "Holy sh$%!!!", check to make sure body is still intact(yes), try to keep idiots away from the burning airplane until fire department arrives. Does that count?

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone watch 24?

Quote:
Originally posted by SloRoll

No, not a G IV, but how about a PA-180-235 on 63rd Street in Chicago, final approach, engine out, manage to deadstick in missing overhead light poles, slam into parked car, burst into flames as the left wing is ripped off and 20 gal of gas explodes, slide down street in a ball of flames, come to a stop on fire as remaining fuel in right wing burns, unfasten seat and shoulder harness, open door, step out and back, mumble something like "Holy sh$%!!!", check to make sure body is still intact(yes), try to keep idiots away from the burning airplane until fire department arrives. Does that count?
Hey, sorry, I should have used a smiley. I didn't mean anything negative about your incident. I meant to convey how implausible Jack's escaping mostly unscratched from the crash was.

Any landing that you walk away from is a good landing.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

It must be ratings sweep time. The show is off the air FOR THREE F'N WEEKS!
Replaced by American Idol.

Why do they keep messing with 24? What comes on FOX on Thursday? Couldn't they have put the American Idol crap on then? 24 was off for two weeks, well two weeks ago. It's just getting good too.

I'm almost thinking that there is no real bomb. It may all just be a plot to distroy David's Presidency. If there is a bomb, I'm thinking that it just might go off. I just don't know. That's why I love this show.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 11:14 AM

I wasn't mad. I'll have check this show out. Sounds interesting.

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 04:24 PM

Obijuan you intrigued me with the no bomb theory!

I have to believe there is a bomb just because of the circumstances with radiation poisening and involving the military as well as C.O.S.

Yes i will DEFINITLY buy this season on DVD.

Very few shows will suck you in like 24!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

LabDog, I'm on the fence right now. I'd hate to believe that Sherry would be behind an actual nuclear bomb destroying LA. The plutonium find needed to take place to really make it look like there is a bomb, otherwise it's just hearsay. But there are so many other aspects that point to there being a real bomb.

Also, I didn't even suspect Warner's daughter until the end of the show last week when they showed the preview for this week. That the family spent time in Saudi intrigues me. Two bad we have to wait three weeks to hear more.

I don't really even watch any other TV, except for football, and two wheel Tuesdays on Speed. I haven't "wanted" to see the next show in a series like this since Robotech when I was a kid.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 04:48 PM

AMEN! it is the best drama out there!

ROBOTECH? You have got to be kidding me!

I LOVE that show. i used to watch it religiously!

I even bought the entire series on DVD! I still watch it now and again. Rick Hunter and Lisa! Yeah BABY!

i think its like 6 or 10 dvd's i forget.

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 06:28 PM
Administrator

I told you they were gonna snipe Nina. Somebody give me a dollar

- Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode