Question about selling - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Question about selling

So, I have around 1500 bucks left to pay off on my bike. I am interested in selling it as I'm moving back to Chicago and am buying a condo and could use the extra cash. Since, I don't have the title, could I do the following:

List it for sale, get a buyer, get his cash, pay off the bike, get the title sent to me and sign it over?

Since all my extra cash is tied up with this purchase, finding the 1500 extra bucks to pay it off myself, then list it probably isn't going to happen.

Lastly, if a prospective buyer wants to take a test ride..should I say no? Have a waiver of some sort for him to sign? Thoughts?

Thanks for the help
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
oh boy...ok...here goes...

if the bike is under a loan through a bank...pay it off as soon as possable BEFORE applying for home loan...reason why is cause the mortgage comp looks at it as debt and even though its a small amount...its still a debt...u r best off going after a house/condo/whatever with almost nothing under your name...

if u can not go that route, then do what you suggested...but do NOT allow a ride without cash in hand...and i mean cash...no cashiers checks or money orders...before u know it, your bike is gone and no way to get in contact with the person other then calling the popo...

dont suggest a test ride unless they have a "M" class lisc. or cash in hand and make up a wavier that states that while test riding it, if ANYTHING goes wrong, they are responsable and they must pay for repairs/damages...

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 07:07 PM
nesba713

Sportbike: 2005 GSXR 1000 CBR F4i (track)
Years Riding: a little while
How you found us: Leon

Send a message via AIM to phillyriz
by selling the bike with a loan still attached, you can have the buyer call your bank for the payoff. do not give them your account # or routing #. with a little info about you and your account info, you are realy leaving your guard down. your bank name and loan # will give a potential buyer enough info to get a payoff amount. with this, they can write a check directly to the bank for payoff and give you the remainder in CASH. Casheers check is ok too, but tell them it must clear your bank prior to releasing the bike or title. I just sold 2 cars and went through the whole process. good luck, be careful. also try and meet buyers somewhere else then where you keep your bike.

you don't know when, you don't know where, but you will know why.

Check out myspace
http://myspace.com/phillyriz
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Puppy Love!

Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson

Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
if the bike is under a loan through a bank...pay it off as soon as possable BEFORE applying for home loan...reason why is cause the mortgage comp looks at it as debt and even though its a small amount...its still a debt...u r best off going after a house/condo/whatever with almost nothing under your name...
A 1500 loan would hardly affect your chances of getting approved for a mortgage.....unless you were late every month or something. If you have nothing in your name (no credit) that is no good either, and that is not the best way to go....Be prepared for a nice high interest rate if you have no credit.

KJ

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 04:04 PM

Cash in hand or no test ride first.

Once they want to buy, have them meet you at your bank (call ahead so they can have the title ready.) They give you the cash, you pay the bank off. They get the title and you keep the left over money.

The bad part about having a loan on the bike is that they pretty much have to come back to pick up the bike. No way I would part with my $$ without a title in hand as a buyer.

No way you can float $1500 on a CC for the couple weeks max it would take to sell the bike?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode