WTF happened to Connie Chung? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Yamahaulin !!

Sportbike: 2003 R6 Liquid Silver
Years Riding: 4 yrs
How you found us: on line

WTF happened to Connie Chung?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4LOs...connie%20chung

Oh my gawd

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary . . . that’s what gets you” Jeremy Clarkson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 11:11 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

it was done as a complete joke for Maury

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 11:13 PM

welcome to yesterday!!

Quote:
This frame grab from video, supplied by MSNBC, shows Connie Chung singing a song on the finale of MSNBC's "Weekends with Mary & Connie," show Saturday, June 17, 2006. A clip of the performance is the most popular clip of the week on the video Web site YouTube.
Quote:
Published: Tuesday, June 20, 2006
NEW YORK (AP) - Alongside viral videos of alcohol-drinking monkeys and balletic race cars, the newest Web sensation is a crooning Connie Chung.

On the Saturday finale of MSNBC's Weekends with Maury & Connie, Chung sang a version of Bob Hope's old theme song Thanks for the Memory to her husband and co-host, Maury Povich. A clip of the performance - complete with mood-setting candles and an accompanying grand piano - is the most popular clip of the week on the video Web site YouTube.

As of Tuesday afternoon, more than 413,000 people had viewed the video of Chung - a rating that might have saved Weekends with Maury & Connie, from being cancelled. The half-hour talk show, which featured the two discussing news events, averaged about 232,000 viewers since debuting Jan. 7.

Decked out in a pink gown, Chung sings: "We came to do a show, for very little dough/ By little, I mean I could make more working on skid row/ That's cable."

In a pitch far from perfect, Chung mocks Marilyn Monroe before finally slumping to the stage.

"All I want to be sure of is that viewers understood it was a giant self-parody," Chung told The Associated Press Tuesday. "If anyone took it seriously, they really need to get a life."

The reaction, Chung said, has surprised her. Media Web site Gawker.com linked the video and called it an "off-key, ill-choreographed, nonsensically lyric'ed song-dance routine."

But Chung doesn't sound scared off by the criticism. She says she enjoys singing because Povich "so hates it."

Such routines are a kind of tradition for Chung, who says she picked up her song parody technique from Broadway music writer Douglas Bernstein. He has written what she calls her "ridiculous repertoire" through the years.

Chung, 59, sang a similar tune for Dan Rather (with whom she briefly co-anchored the CBS Evening News in 1993-1994) when he was given an award in 2001. She also did the same for Barbara Walters (with whom she worked at ABC's 20/20), when Walters left for The View.

On Tuesday, she even dished a few bars of that serenade to the tune of You Made Me Love You.

"Through your whole career you got the guests I'd die for/ But why'd you have to make Sadat and Begin start to cry for?" she sang, alluding to Walters' interviews with former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin and Egyptian President Anwar Sadat.

The lyrics for Saturday's show, Chung says, were written by Lizz Winstead, a co-creator of Comedy Central's The Daily Show and executive producer of Weekends with Maury & Connie.

A longtime veteran of TV news, Chung has worked for the ABC Evening News, Good Morning America, NBC's Today show and anchored her CNN 2002-03 program, Connie Chung Tonight, among others.

Chung says she'll still read the reviews of this performance.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 01:50 AM

Sportbike: Made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs
Years Riding: a
How you found us: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by areacode312
welcome to yesterday!!
You mean "welcome to hell"...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 08:05 AM

Shes got balls to do that.

I tried to watch that show
and Maaan did it blow
So I ended up moving on
Thank the lord for Donkey Kong

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode