Vice City Help... Please - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Vice City Help... Please

I am not sure what to do at this point but I need help. I just did the "naval engagements" mission from the Haitian Cafe. To refresh some memories since it seems like everyone is past where I am so here you go.

This mission had me on the cigarrette boat killing everyone during the drug deal. I then had to get the 3 briefcases and get back to the cafe safely. I actaully got back to the cafe and delivered the money but the game wont allow me to do the next mission because it keeps saying that I have to complete the previous mission. I know that when I left the mansion with the 3 briefcases, that I didnt kill everyone there. Should I have done that before I left or is there something else I am forgetting? And if so did I screw myself by saving the game???

Thank you in advance for any help offered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I havnt done that one since I have been avoiding the gang missions. Once you finish them they start hating you and shooting at you all the time.

Here is a walk through I found for that mission.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Walkthrough:
Naval Engagement
Umberto Robino is upset. "You're two faced" - the Haitians are laughing at him. A load of product is coming in and he wants it.
Go to the docks where Rico is waiting. "My boat, she no good full of holes, ok?"

Now you see the Haitians. Use a rocket launcher to destroy both boats easily. Take time to shoot 2nd boat, then the first boat.

Now go on land, stay on left wall. Snipe 2 guys along wall. Now inch out and snipe guys - 2 on right patio. One on top roof. One on far right with shotgun. Guy by middle door. Gather briefcases up. Get last one far from water because when you do, Rico and his boat get blown up.

Now at 4 stars and have to race back to Ummberto. SWAT teams are out. Run to your paint & spray at the car dealership (which you should own by now) and all stars go away.

Payoff: $4000

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 08:57 AM

ewwwwww..

Yeah probably wasn't the best idea to save over your last game... did you save in a different slot or can you go back and do it again?

You can also hit points in the gang missions where you need to complete another gangs' mission in order to move on with the gang you are working for. Confused? Good ... anyway yeah sounds like that or a bug in the game. Hope you have a save.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Tony: thank you for the tips. I will try that tonight.

Stydie: Sadly enough I have been saving all my game progress in one slot. Hopefully, the problem i have been encountering is that i need to do another mission for the other gang. Maybe that would be it. Any ideas where those opposite gang missions would be? That isnt supposed to be at Diaz's mansion is it?

Either way, I am going to be definitely saving in multiple spots now. I am guessing that I am also way behind on purchasing properties. I dont own anything as of yet. I have been trying to do the Ice Cream factory but nothing has worked yet. I guess i have to start somewhere else.:-
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
For the other gang missions you have to go to little haiti. There is a little shack area with this old woman living there. She will give you more missions.

My persoanl advice on gameplay though is blow off the cuban and haitian missions till the end. They start making everything else you do miserable once you finsh them. Go buy some of the other buisness's and start working on those.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Thank you. I will do that. Besides, I have been having a bitch of a time trying to do the powder pick ups for the lady in that shack. I always get busted. Will come back to those later. Thank you.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GsxrTony
My persoanl advice on gameplay though is blow off the cuban and haitian missions till the end. They start making everything else you do miserable once you finsh them. Go buy some of the other buisness's and start working on those.
I went through all the gang missions before I started buying property. The only one I have left is the Maliby club... but it's like $120,000 so that can wait a bit ... I don't mind the gangs getting pissed at me... when I get shot at it's fun to hop out of the car and spray the gang members with your M16...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode