Do you watch MotoGP? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

View Poll Results: Do you watch MotoGP?
The world stops when the flag drops 58 96.67%
I would rather watch Lifetime 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alaska, WI
Posts: 15,711
Location: Alaska, WI
Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires
           
Do you watch MotoGP?

Just curious how many of you out there watch MotoGP.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
jrock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Model citizen
 
Maynard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rockford
Posts: 10,023
Location: Rockford
Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few
How you found us: SBN
           
usually, I still wanna hit up players club and watch the races sometime

Eric
Maynard is offline  
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 03:56 PM
.
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,985
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: 05 DRZ-SM, 80 GS1100E, 99 KTM 125SX, 03 KTM 200MXC
Years Riding: Since 2001
How you found us: ?
           
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan
Oh boy, I'm going to catch some flak on here for this one... I've tried to watch it, gave it a chance but to me it's boring and I just can't sit through a whole race. MotoGP or any roadrace for that matter. I'm sure roadracing is fun to do and I want to do a trackday some time but I just can't watch it.

-Ryan
Ryan is offline  
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

 
Vcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Winfield
Posts: 43,230
Location: Winfield
Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!
           
Send a message via AIM to Vcook
does a bear shit in the woods? Does a monkey fling his poo? Do YWB's throw themselves at EMR?

Chris
Vcook is offline  
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 03:57 PM
EMR
Registered User
 
EMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 248
Location: IL
Sportbike: YWB
Years Riding: Riding YWB's forever!
How you found us: evilmonkeyracing.com
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook
does a bear shit in the woods? Does a monkey fling his poo? Do YWB's throw themselves at EMR?
EMR can confirm the answers to questions 2 and 3 are "yes". Not sure what bears do, they're none of EMR's concern.
EMR is offline  
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Joe Momma...
 
JoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Oak Park
Posts: 3,822
Location: Oak Park
Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member
           
Send a message via AIM to JoJo
I didn't until I saw faster. Knowing some of the stories behind the riders makes it more interesting. Now I love it.

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
JoJo is offline  
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:00 PM
B.O.B
 
EndlessRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ill.
Posts: 17,550
Location: Ill.
Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?
           
Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
I watch MotoGP, WSBK, and AMA, but my favorite is Isle Of Man TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
EndlessRR is offline  
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Human lawn dart
 
rdrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palatine
Posts: 5,746
Location: Palatine
Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all
           
Send a message via AIM to rdrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Fizzer600
Oh boy, I'm going to catch some flak on here for this one... I've tried to watch it, gave it a chance but to me it's boring and I just can't sit through a whole race. MotoGP or any roadrace for that matter. I'm sure roadracing is fun to do and I want to do a trackday some time but I just can't watch it.

-Ryan
Once you do a track day that'll all change


I'm a couch potato when the races are on. Don't bother me I won't even know your there.

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
rdrash is offline  
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alaska, WI
Posts: 15,711
Location: Alaska, WI
Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Fizzer600
Oh boy, I'm going to catch some flak on here for this one... I've tried to watch it, gave it a chance but to me it's boring and I just can't sit through a whole race. MotoGP or any roadrace for that matter. I'm sure roadracing is fun to do and I want to do a trackday some time but I just can't watch it.

-Ryan
Don't be afraid to click no just 'cause you have to admit you watch Lifetime.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
jrock is offline  
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,848
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
YES but 250GP is where my interest is at.
Chunk is offline  
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Seriously?
 
Hunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Barrington
Posts: 7,013
Location: Barrington
Sportbike: 06 Gsx-R 600
Years Riding: 4 years
How you found us: Your Mom!
           
Send a message via AIM to Hunny Send a message via Yahoo to Hunny
I watch it at Biggy's whenever he has it on.... that's about it

Bikes can be replaced...people can't...ride safe!!
http://public.fotki.com/kemeiz/
Sex is like math... you add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs and pray you don't multiply!
<---- Kristin
UR MOM RACING
Hunny is offline  
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:10 PM
.
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,985
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: 05 DRZ-SM, 80 GS1100E, 99 KTM 125SX, 03 KTM 200MXC
Years Riding: Since 2001
How you found us: ?
           
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
Don't be afraid to click no just 'cause you have to admit you watch Lifetime.
Happy now? I think I'd rather watch MotoGP than lifetime though.

-Ryan
Ryan is offline  
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alaska, WI
Posts: 15,711
Location: Alaska, WI
Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Fizzer600
Happy now? I think I'd rather watch MotoGP than lifetime though.

-Ryan
Now your talkin' - Its less like Lifetime now that Max Biaggi's gone. He was such a cry baby - Like Doohan said once, he should have gotten Kleenex to be his sponser.

Who thinks Mad Max (a master 250cc rider) will be back next year when they switch to 800s?

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
jrock is offline  
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,848
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
I really doubt he could get another ride in MotoGP but yeah, he was something special on the 250 like a Harada or Kato.
Chunk is offline  
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alaska, WI
Posts: 15,711
Location: Alaska, WI
Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
I really doubt he could get another ride in MotoGP but yeah, he was something special on the 250 like a Harada or Kato.
And beyond. Max won 4 titles in a row.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
jrock is offline  
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,848
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
He sure did but only because he stayed 3 years too long in the 250s. Mind you, Harada won the championship his rookie season. To win a championship on tracks that you've never ridden before let alone seen is special.

And Kato won 11 of 16 races in only his second year. That mind friend is complete and total domination.

Another thing.. remember Luca Cadalora? He used to actually slow down so he could have fun with the slower guys in 2nd and 3rd place only to check out on them on the last half of the last lap. Then he'd go have a cigarette.

Last edited by Chunk; 07-13-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Chunk is offline  
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:28 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,882
           
Yes...I try my best to block off the screen as I get on the MotoGP site and navigate to the race video since the post all over the place the winner.
BIGGY is offline  
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Special Agent Lance Boyle
 
Sticky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: planet earth
Posts: 6,707
Location: planet earth
Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network
           
Send a message via AIM to Sticky
I haven't recently, but previous years I did. I used to watch all roadracing, World Supersport used to be great to watch as WSB was. I don't like the switch of classifications in the AMA, I preferred the 600s in SS and then Superbikes and Formula X being whatever you wanted to run.

<--------Sticky Nicky
Sticky is offline  
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alaska, WI
Posts: 15,711
Location: Alaska, WI
Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
He sure did but only because he stayed 3 years too long in the 250s. Mind you, Harada won the championship his rookie season. To win a championship on tracks that you've never ridden before let alone seen is special.

And Kato won 11 of 16 races in only his second year. That mind friend is complete and total domination.

Another thing.. remember Luca Cadalora? He used to actually slow down so he could have fun with the slower guys in 2nd and 3rd place only to check out on them on the last half of the last lap. Then he'd go have a cigarette.
Right on. True, true. I agree Max stayed on 250s too long. Kato (RIP 74) was japan's great hope for top class champ. He for sure would have went on to great things had he lived. Tamada is a let down.

Harada was great (I used to hate Capi for punting him off the track), but I think he felt he had nothing to prove after that. Frustrated Rainey to no end - Rainey just did not understand him.

Luca "the enigma" Cadalora is one of my all time favorites.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
jrock is offline  
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Enjoying Life!!
 
CHeYeNNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cruising Around Enjoying Life!!
Posts: 17,774
Location: Cruising Around Enjoying Life!!
Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends
           
I try to watch it, but if not I usually have the DVR setup to record.


I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
CHeYeNNe is offline  
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,848
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
Right on. True, true. I agree Max stayed on 250s too long. Kato (RIP 74) was japan's great hope for top class champ. He for sure would have went on to great things had he lived. Tamada is a let down.

Harada was great (I used to hate Capi for punting him off the track), but I think he felt he had nothing to prove after that. Frustrated Rainey to no end - Rainey just did not understand him.

Luca "the enigma" Cadalora is one of my all time favorites.
Yeah Tamada is definately a let down. I had such high hopes for him after his 2004 season but.. oh well. Typical Japanese GP rider of old. Remember Shinichi Itoh? Fucking lead for an entire race to toss it away on the last lap.

I used to not like Capirossi for that shit too but I've gotten over it. I quite like him now.

Do you remember when Cadalora passed Rainey for the win and Rainey threw a tantrum because Cadalora wasn't following team orders?
Chunk is offline  
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alaska, WI
Posts: 15,711
Location: Alaska, WI
Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
Yeah Tamada is definately a let down. I had such high hopes for him after his 2004 season but.. oh well. Typical Japanese GP rider of old. Remember Shinichi Itoh? Fucking lead for an entire race to toss it away on the last lap.

I used to not like Capirossi for that shit too but I've gotten over it. I quite like him now.

Do you remember when Cadalora passed Rainey for the win and Rainey thru a tantrum because Cadalora wasn't following team orders?
Yep, classic! Luca didn't give a shit.

I like Capi now too. He has BIG balls and he is much more mature now. He is awesome on that Duc.

Abe was another HUGE disapointment to me. His dad sent him to the US to race dirt track for a year. First Japanese rider to win a 500GP. That was the 1996 Japanese GP I think and he beat Doohan heads up. Later Doohan claimed to be suffering from low front tire psi. Bullshit. Abe was laying black marks everywhere. No one leans a bike like Norrick, huh? He should have never cut his hair - he went downhill after that.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.

Last edited by jrock; 07-13-2006 at 04:51 PM.
jrock is offline  
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:53 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,882
           
The real question is...why did Roberts have to start doing well right after I sold him from my fantasy team? At least I had him for one race where he podium'd but I thought it was just that one day sorta thing. Oh well, I've got Pedrosa now instead.
BIGGY is offline  
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,848
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
yeah for sure! Abe lost something between those years. I remember his first race at Suzuka as a wild card and he fucking passed Doohan in the chicane and Doohan just shook his head like he couldn't believe that this no name punk just put one over on him. It was hilarious but Abe did end up crashing out with just a few laps to go. I think that was 1994? and He was on his all-japan series NSR500. Man I miss the 500 days.
Chunk is offline  
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alaska, WI
Posts: 15,711
Location: Alaska, WI
Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGY
The real question is...why did Roberts have to start doing well right after I sold him from my fantasy team? At least I had him for one race where he podium'd but I thought it was just that one day sorta thing. Oh well, I've got Pedrosa now instead.
Pedrosa - some say he's a Spanish Eddie Lawson. Kenny is no slouch. He's just not willing to stick his neck out on a bike that can't win. Former world champ and he knows when he's in with a chance. The bigger question is why did he stay with Suzuki so long? Money? No where else to go? Comfort? I have to ask the same of Hopper.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.

Last edited by jrock; 07-13-2006 at 05:00 PM.
jrock is offline  
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alaska, WI
Posts: 15,711
Location: Alaska, WI
Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
yeah for sure! Abe lost something between those years. I remember his first race at Suzuka as a wild card and he fucking passed Doohan in the chicane and Doohan just shook his head like he couldn't believe that this no name punk just put one over on him. It was hilarious but Abe did end up crashing out with just a few laps to go. I think that was 1994? and He was on his all-japan series NSR500. Man I miss the 500 days.
That's correct '94. That was awesome even if he did crash out. He was on fire for sure. The '94 and '96 Japan GPs are two classic races. Schwantz has some fond memories of following Abe and watching him crank that bike over.

Another awesome race was when Haga rode a Yam 500 and finished third as a wildcard. I can't remember the race, but he looked great.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
jrock is offline  
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered User
 
msbrit1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 951
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Sportbike: 97 TL1000s,CBR F2 (track) 99 SV (track), 2k3 CRF Fiddy
Years Riding: not nearly long enough
How you found us: Veddersbetter I think...
           
When the flag drops the world stops. Unless its a commercial then smoking, peeing etc resume.

NESBA #469

"It's better to be on the track for just one lap than to be a spectator for life."
1997 TL1000S
1991 CBR F2 X2
1999 SV650
2k3 CRF 50 (modded to bling extreme)
?? Chinese Knock off 50
I need a bigger garage!!
msbrit1 is offline  
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Puppy Love!
 
Gixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Aurora
Posts: 3,462
Location: Aurora
Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson
           
Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
Of course, and in 6 days I'll be in Laguna Seca REALLY watching them!!!!!!

KJ
_____________________________________________
The CLSB Bitch Wrecking Crew

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
Gixx is offline  
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Puppy Love!
 
Gixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Aurora
Posts: 3,462
Location: Aurora
Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson
           
Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
Pedrosa - some say he's a Spanish Eddie Lawson. Kenny is no slouch. He's just not willing to stick his neck out on a bike that can't win. Former world champ and he knows when he's in with a chance. The bigger question is why did he stay with Suzuki so long? Money? No where else to go? Comfort? I have to ask the same of Hopper.

Pedrosa -

KJ
_____________________________________________
The CLSB Bitch Wrecking Crew

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
Gixx is offline  
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm a blessed man
 
ronhix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 3,707
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net
           
"DO YOU WATCH MOTOGP?"

Does a fat baby poot?
Is owlsh** on a creek bank slick?
Is a goat's lips smooth?

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
ronhix is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome