MOTOGP: German GP Commnets - don't spoil your appetite - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

MOTOGP: German GP Commnets - don't spoil your appetite

I was sitting here re-watching the German GP. Man what a great race. 7 guys neck and neck for at least the first 11 laps.

Marco Melandri is a hard bastard (I know I have said it before) but he had a fractured collor bone for 3 weeks before this race and he's charging into the lead and in one turn laying down a big black mark and bucking his way through what surely would have been a high-side to a rider of a lesser caliber.

Kenny Robers went into T-? WAY too hot. Said he had to keep just a little bit extra front brake on to keep from hitting Nicky, but I don't know...I bet it was more then a little brake, he looked way out of line.

Either way he took Tamada's legs right out from under him. Like a bowling ball. Tamada actually ended up riding the KR211V into the gravel. I wonder what HE thought about the new fabricated chassis (the KR has improved a lot since they got some chassis advice from HRC and started moving away from the solid one-piece machined frame).

However, I have to say Kenny was very cool and immediately got up and ran to Makoto's side and talked to him and made sure he was ok. Class act I think. Tamada said later he was OK with it since Kenny apologized. Later Kenny gives himself the thumbs down on cammera. Tamada was running awesome (which we haven't seen so far this year).

And I think Nicky has taken some of the comments to heart by Edwards and Rossi saying he can't lead a race. Much much more aggresive - passing two riders in one corner to take the lead earlier. In cycle news this week Hayden wouldn't take the bait Edwards layed out and Rossi wouldn't join in really and pointed out that since Nicky is leading the points he and CEII are in no position to criticize.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:40 PM

it was definitely a great race.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:56 PM
The Sausage king

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: Since my mid-life crisis
How you found us: Hankered for a hunka cheese

Great race, I really thought Nicky would come back and challenge for the lead but I don't think he had "it" that day. I also thought Pedrosa would pressure Rossi more; seemed like Pedrosa was being held up when Nicky was in the lead early in the race. This is definitely one of the more exciting MotoGP seasons I've watched.

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:08 PM

Sportbike: MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR, KTM 525EXC w/540 big bore
Years Riding: 17
How you found us: at strats on wensday night

[QUOTE=manuelohere]Great race, I really thought Nicky would come back and challenge for the lead but I don't think he had "it" that day.
I don't think Nicky really ever had "it" in MotoGP, just luck here and there. He needs to grow a set and become a more aggressive rider. Sure he leads the points, but not by his merit-more from others mistakes/hardships. Valentino proves once again that he's the best-leading three little boys around the track and toying with them along the way. Everyone (even the announcers) believed Rossi couldn't come back from 11th to win cause the track is too technical or cause of the lap times of Hayden/Pedrosa/Malandry, but whatever, Rossi still proves them otherwise. And he does this with a broken wrist, which is probably worse on the track than a broken colarbone. Can you tell i'm a Rossi fan?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g7.JPG (90.1 KB, 0 views)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!

I love debating MOTOGP so here goes -

Quote:
Originally Posted by black954
I don't think Nicky really ever had "it" in MotoGP, just luck here and there.
So luck here and there equals 8 podiums in a row and the lead in the championship? Rossi has had a LOT of luck in his career and this year it has turned on him. His off track rituals are not working for him anymore. But no way can you count him out. He is going to be there right to the end.

Quote:
Sure he leads the points, but not by his merit-more from others mistakes/hardships.
Isn't that a lot of what racing is about? Being in the right position to take advantage of that? And it takes a lot to stay on two wheels and stay healthy.

Quote:
Valentino proves once again that he's the best-leading three little boys around the track and toying with them along the way.
I'll buy the Rossi can lead three little boys part - ever see the video of him dry humping Edwards after they both finished on the podium together last year? You gotta wonder. If he could have broken away he would have. What's most amazing about him is that he always seems to ride just enough to win. He knows just how much it takes and that's all he needs.

But Rossi is THE MAN and everyone knows it.

BUT, he won't be winning this weekend! Monkey-boy will be on the box, but not the top step.

Last edited by jrock; 07-19-2006 at 02:35 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:39 PM

Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google

I have the feeling that monkey boy will win this weekend but if he doesn't it'll probably be Cardoso on the top of the podium.

Last edited by Chunk; 07-19-2006 at 02:59 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
I have the feeling that monkey boy will win this weekend but if he doesn't it'll probably be Cordoso on the top of the podium.

My picks are Hayden or Edwards, Rossi and Melandri, Edwards (if not first), Pedrosa. Nicky has got to be FIRED UP. Marco is running great and will want some revenge for last year. I think its gonna be tough on Colin this year. However, the pass he put on Vale in the corkscrew last year was a total schooling. Rossi learned a lot from the 'mericans though and he will be strong. But Laguna scares the euros a bit - even more then mugello does.

Either way - Nicky will still lead the championship when he leaves.

Last edited by jrock; 07-19-2006 at 04:07 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 03:05 PM

Here's my picks..
1. Rossi
2. Melandri
3. Edwards
4. Hayden
5. Capirossi
6. Romboni
7. Nakano
8. Reggiani
9. Hopkins
10. Ruggia
11. Gibernau
12. Vermuelen
13. Bradl
14. Sakata
15. Hoffman
16. Van Den Goorbergh
17. Zeelenberg
18. KRJR
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Quote:
Here's my picks..
1. Rossi
2. Melandri
3. Edwards
4. Hayden
5. Capirossi
6. Romboni
7. Nakano
8. Reggiani
9. Hopkins
10. Ruggia
11. Gibernau
12. Vermuelen
13. Bradl
14. Sakata
15. Hoffman
16. Van Den Goorbergh
17. Zeelenberg
18. KRJR

Your killing me. But your forgot JMB. All hail Jean-Michele Bayle 'cause he's no snail.

Last edited by jrock; 07-19-2006 at 03:24 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 03:10 PM

oh schnap! motherfuckin JHM. Whatever happened to him? He was like dog slow his first race coming straight from dirtybikes and then BAM!! overnight just fast as hell. Incredible.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Quote:
oh schnap! motherfuckin JHM. Whatever happened to him? He was like dog slow his first race coming straight from dirtybikes and then BAM!! overnight just fast as hell. Incredible.
He hit his head too many times. Then I think he went to Trials and I don't know what happened to him.....his goal was to be a motox champ, a trials champ and a road race champ I think. I will ask around.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Jmb

Reverand,

here is what I found out from some people living in france:

We don't hear much about JMB in the French magazines lately... but Marc heard that he trains some youngriders at a well known (in France) off-road/motocross school in a place called La Boade not too far from here in the "Alpes des Hautes Provence" region. He's from a town near there called Manosque.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode